* * * * * 8 votes

►Best Buy: Get $10 in Rewards or eGift Card (w/Pre-Order)

#1741 daniel77733   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   428 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

daniel77733

Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:13 PM

$10 e-gift card has been added to the upcoming fantasy RPG entitled GreedFall. Since my friend still has GCU until late October, getting the game for $30 is great!!! Woohoo!!!

#1742 BeyondKnight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   475 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

BeyondKnight

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:25 PM

$10 e-gift card has been added to the upcoming fantasy RPG entitled GreedFall. Since my friend still has GCU until late October, getting the game for $30 is great!!! Woohoo!!!

I am getting it as well, gotta love GCU

#1743 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8215 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:31 PM

I didn't know about the potential price increase for SDE.  Glad I opted for the SDE :ps4: version as well.

Ordered :ps4: Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition. I was going to get the regular edition, but decided to go big since I love the Borderlands franchise (and still have GCU to bring it down to $80). Supposedly, the SDE's price is going to increase from $100 to $120 on September 17.

#1744 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:40 PM

Going to order the following

Xbox one nba 2k legend edition
Xbox one nba 2k regular edition
PS4 NBA 2K regular edition
Switch nba 2k regular edition

Since they are all different titles, will I receive 4 pre order certs?

#1745 srocky26  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:54 PM

Going to order the following

Xbox one nba 2k legend edition
Xbox one nba 2k regular edition
PS4 NBA 2K regular edition
Switch nba 2k regular edition

Since they are all different titles, will I receive 4 pre order certs?

No

#1746 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:30 PM

No

Thanks, I’ll just get two Xbox copies now and order the other two platforms when they go on sale.

#1747 GeorgeCostanza   Hangin Tough CAGiversary!   1500 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

GeorgeCostanza

Posted 01 September 2019 - 05:07 AM

So i just got Game Pass for xbox recently.  I also have gears 5 ultimate pre ordered.  Am i a fool to buy this since it will be on game pass?  I guess i'm just not used to this yet

#1748 zuldane  

Posted 01 September 2019 - 05:23 AM

So i just got Game Pass for xbox recently.  I also have gears 5 ultimate pre ordered.  Am i a fool to buy this since it will be on game pass?  I guess i'm just not used to this yet

Depends on how confident you are in digitally owned stuff.  If you feel like 20 years from now you'd like to see that game/steelbook sitting on your shelves next to your collection then I'd buy it. If you just want to experience the game then just cancel your preorder.  There are certain games/series that I have bought the collector's edition and the digital version because I wanted to keep the collector's sealed. 

It makes completely no sense, but from having some rare sealed Gamecube games or PS1 games: it's cool to see in your collection when there aren't many that exist anymore.

#1749 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2019 - 06:22 AM

Has bestbuy stopped doing 9pm/midnight releases? I no longer see the landing page showing participating locations for nba 2k20.

#1750 AndrewCounty   Alligator F**khouse CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

AndrewCounty

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:54 PM

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet in this thread, but Doom Eternal now also comes with a SteelBook.

I already had the game pre-ordered for the $10 rewards, so I checked and it didn't show that the SteelBook was part of the pre-order.  So, I canceled and re-ordered and now the SteelBook shows up on the order.

#1751 audiomaxica1  

audiomaxica1

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:02 PM

No need to cancel in case anyone is wondering, especially those that pre-order collector editions that sell out quick.

They are good about automatically adding bonus items to existing preorders. They send out an email saying they noticed an item wasnt in your preorder. If you preordered months in advance they add it like a few weeks before release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1752 Touch3  

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:03 PM

Edit: What they said. ^ 

#1753 AndrewCounty   Alligator F**khouse CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

AndrewCounty

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:34 PM

No need to cancel in case anyone is wondering, especially those that pre-order collector editions that sell out quick.

They are good about automatically adding bonus items to existing preorders. They send out an email saying they noticed an item wasnt in your preorder. If you preordered months in advance they add it like a few weeks before release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes sense.  If the don't add it to your order automatically, I'm sure you can contact customer service.  In my case, it wasn't a big deal to cancel because it wasn't a collector's edition or anything.

#1754 Fades   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2019 - 05:24 AM

Looks like Best Buy just added $10 e gift card to Contra Rogue Corps for all 3 platforms coming out September 24th.

#1755 Dr_dreadful   Banned Banned   393 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 05 September 2019 - 07:35 PM

Does bestbuy even do email gift certificates or anything anymore? I used to get them or coupon codes once in awhile in their mass emails but I haven't gotten one in a long time. Think I might unsubscribe from them because all I get now are 2 or 3 emails of the same stuff a day.

#1756 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:46 AM

Has bestbuy stopped doing 9pm/midnight releases? I no longer see the landing page showing participating locations for nba 2k20.

The page is back and they've added Borderlands 3. When I went to get Mortal Kombat 11 at 9pm the night before release my closest store told me they were no longer able to sell it at 9pm. I showed them the gaming events page that clearly said ANY store could sell at 9 and they still denied me. Their forums had posts from others with the same problem but a friend went into a different store and got the game with no problem. Really hoping it doesn't happen again with Borderlands. 

#1757 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:19 AM

The page is back and they've added Borderlands 3. When I went to get Mortal Kombat 11 at 9pm the night before release my closest store told me they were no longer able to sell it at 9pm. I showed them the gaming events page that clearly said ANY store could sell at 9 and they still denied me. Their forums had posts from others with the same problem but a friend went into a different store and got the game with no problem. Really hoping it doesn't happen again with Borderlands.

Yeah I was shut down at 9pm for NBA 2k20.

#1758 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:21 AM

Yeah I was shut down at 9pm for NBA 2k20.

I'm calling the store where I pre-ordered Borderlands 3 before I waste the gas and time again. It's really false advertising as is and they should have to take some heat from somebody.

#1759 iTETSUO   Kaneda! CAGiversary!   1359 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2019 - 12:03 AM

Did anyone get the gift card from gears 5 yet ?

#1760 BeyondKnight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   475 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

BeyondKnight

Posted 07 September 2019 - 04:42 PM

Did anyone get the gift card from gears 5 yet ?

It takes about 2 weeks, as they want to make sure you don't return it

#1761 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1326 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 07 September 2019 - 05:52 PM

It takes about 2 weeks, as they want to make sure you don't return it

If you do, the return gets deducted by the amount of the GC.

#1762 CrewShadow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:51 PM

Is anyone going to attempt to get Borderlands 3 tonight at 9 pm?

#1763 omicron   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:30 AM

The upcoming Atelier Ryza (PS4, Switch) also got the $10 eGiftcard.

#1764 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:15 AM

Is anyone going to attempt to get Borderlands 3 tonight at 9 pm?

Got my copy at 9pm but this time I called ahead to verify they would actually sell me the game. Others have been denied according to the Best Buy forums. 

#1765 CrewShadow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:48 AM

I was actually able to get my copy as well. I kept reading on twitter and the forums that people were getting denied.

#1766 dualrec  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:31 AM

Anybody else's Borderlands not ready for pickup yet? I have a feeling they're gonna screw up again like they did with my Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Took them over a week and 3 phone calls to get my early edition preorder...
Super excited for BL3... so of course issues gonna happen.

#1767 dualrec  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:35 AM

I'll go back to gamestop as my main for preorders after gcu expires. So much more reliable on preorders and CE conditions when ordered in store.

#1768 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2079 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:47 AM

I'll go back to gamestop as my main for preorders after gcu expires. So much more reliable on preorders and CE conditions when ordered in store.

I wouldn't necessarily make that assumption.  Lots of people ordered the Kingdom Hearts PS4 console at Gamestop and it got cancelled out from under them as I recall.  I've had them "run out" of preorder bonus items before (yeah, I'm sure the employees took them).  And that's to assume Gamestop even exists for that much longer, they are closing a bunch of stores by the end of the year with rumors of it accelerating after that.  There are issues at pretty much every major store, which is yet more evidence people need to stop preordering games since they cannot even uphold their end of the whole deal.

If your pre-order is for a special edition, I'd make sure to go early.  And if you see one on the floor grab it before pickup just in case they didn't set yours aside.  A lot of times they don't do that until the morning prior (from what I have seen) as it triggers the pickup email so cannot do it before closing and people just want to get home the night before.  If someone doesn't check that when they get in, they might put it out by mistake before checking how many need to be claimed.

#1769 ritchardf  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:12 PM

already got my $10 for borderlands, its out for delivery today, well done best buy

#1770 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:46 PM

I was actually able to get my copy as well. I kept reading on twitter and the forums that people were getting denied.

It's just baffles me why they continue say you can go to ANY store at 9pm the night before release when that is clearly not the case. Simply changing the wording on the site to say "call your local store" or actually listing the stores that are participating like they used to do would eliminate the problem.