* * * * * 8 votes

►Best Buy: Get $10 in Rewards or eGift Card (w/Pre-Order)

#2131 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2142 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:57 PM

If i preorder Doom today can I still get the 10 rewards certz?

Yeah, typically up until midnight as I recall from the past - as long as the button says "Pre-Order".  You obviously won't get release date delivery, you typically have to order a week or so ahead of time for that, release date delivery orders shipped yesterday along with the steelbooks.

#2132 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6674 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:40 PM

Said this before in the PSN thread but I gave it two chances and it didn't hold my attention very long either time. I prefer solid gameplay over a strong narrative and TLoU is very lacking in the former in my opinion.

The game is a slow burn. It actually get really good when it's just Joel and Ellie.

#2133 AcesHigh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   538 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:26 PM

Gcu ends tomorrow. Still haven't received the 25% off coupon. When did everyone get theirs?

#2134 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4519 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 04:23 PM

Gcu ends tomorrow. Still haven't received the 25% off coupon. When did everyone get theirs?

I never got mine. Seems most people get it 5-7 days before their gcu expires. I contacted BB forum mods, and other than telling me the obvious of checking my spam folder, they replied that coupon recipients are selected randomly (bs, almost everyone seems to get it) and they can't do anything about it. I think the automated system that sends out the coupon email may hiccup every so often, and they're too lazy to send out a replacement manually.

#2135 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6799 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:39 PM

Does the Doom 64 pre-order bonus come in a separate email? Been a while since I've pre-ordered at Best Buy. Just picked it up and don't see anything.

#2136 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:40 PM

The game is a slow burn. It actually get really good when it's just Joel and Ellie.

That’s when I dropped the game. The gameplay was mediocre, and I just couldn’t muster any empathy to care about either of those two.

#2137 lt_homer  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:45 PM

Said this before in the PSN thread but I gave it two chances and it didn't hold my attention very long either time. I prefer solid gameplay over a strong narrative and TLoU is very lacking in the former in my opinion. 

Did you try a hard difficulty? The gameplay is great on hard or survivor.

#2138 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37701 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:54 PM

Does the Doom 64 pre-order bonus come in a separate email? Been a while since I've pre-ordered at Best Buy. Just picked it up and don't see anything.

There wasn't any code inside the box? If not, I suspect emails might go out starting tomorrow because that's technically still the release date.

#2139 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6799 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:23 PM

There wasn't any code inside the box? If not, I suspect emails might go out starting tomorrow because that's technically still the release date.

I got the deluxe edition, and inside was a Fallout 76 ad (lol), what passes for a manual nowadays, and the deluxe edition code (year one pass, Demonic Slayer skin, and classic weapon sound pack). I don't have the Rip & Tear Pack code or Doom 64 code, both of the pre-order bonuses.

#2140 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 11:46 PM

It's been a while but I believe I played on Normal. 

Right. If I don't get my code by Saturday, I'll post on the Best Buy support forums. 

#2141 Backlog Hog  

Backlog Hog

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:51 AM

I got an email from Best Buy with the code to DOOM 64 and some pre-order bonus DLC for DOOM Eternal all within the same code, as in 1 single code for both downloads. Got it after I picked up my game, XB1 if anyone is curious.

#2142 Backlog Hog  

Backlog Hog

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:52 AM

It's been a while but I believe I played on Normal. 

Right. If I don't get my code by Saturday, I'll post on the Best Buy support forums. 

I got an email from Best Buy with the code to DOOM 64 and some pre-order bonus DLC for DOOM Eternal all within the same code, as in 1 single code for both downloads. Got it after I picked up my game, XB1 if anyone is curious.

#2143 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6799 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:52 AM

Well shoot.

I still have the steelbook coming in tomorrow so my order isn't technically completed according to the app, so maybe that's why I have gotten it yet.

#2144 Lumas101  

Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:33 AM

I also received my Xbox One code for the Rip and Tear pack as well as Doom 64 (which is already live, by the way). I placed my order late last night and Eternal isn’t expected to arrive until Monday, so 64 will be tiding me over.

#2145 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2744 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:50 AM

I had Doom preordered at best buy and didn't get an email saying I can pick it up. Still shows on the website as pick up tomorrow.

#2146 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2142 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 20 March 2020 - 03:03 AM

I had Doom preordered at best buy and didn't get an email saying I can pick it up. Still shows on the website as pick up tomorrow.

You probably won't until morning when employees arrive.  That doesn't get sent until they actually pull the item and put the sticker on it.  Many times employees don't want to stay late to do that crap.

#2147 Woltaire   2NE1 CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2020 - 03:47 AM

Anyone in the California area know if stores will be open tomorrow for pick ups?  There was a recently announced statewide "stay at home" order except for "essential needs," but I don't think Best Buy falls under "essential."

Just curious since I'd have to switch my order to shipping instead, unless it's already too late to do so. :-k

#2148 ritchardf  

Posted 20 March 2020 - 03:54 AM

Anyone in the California area know if stores will be open tomorrow for pick ups?  There was a recently announced statewide "stay at home" order except for "essential needs," but I don't think Best Buy falls under "essential."

Just curious since I'd have to switch my order to shipping instead, unless it's already too late to do so. :-k

best buy, in some places, has been labeled as "essential" due to work at home items they sell

#2149 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 20 March 2020 - 03:57 AM

The last of us MP was one of the best online experience ever for me. And MGS4 MGO Ofcourse

#2150 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2966 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2020 - 07:44 AM

Anyone in the California area know if stores will be open tomorrow for pick ups? There was a recently announced statewide "stay at home" order except for "essential needs," but I don't think Best Buy falls under "essential."

I think from what I read the order was issued today but that retail stores had one day to prepare so possibly you could still go tomorrow?

#2151 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6674 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 20 March 2020 - 11:04 AM

I thought someone mentioned that Best Buy is considered an essential store because they have stuff that helps you get connected to the internet and have products that help you work from home.

#2152 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2966 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:14 PM

I thought someone mentioned that Best Buy is considered an essential store because they have stuff that helps you get connected to the internet and have products that help you work from home.

I think that was me lol. Wasn't sure if California had different rules or guidelines on what's considered essential or an essential store. You're right though they are probably going to be open.

#2153 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6674 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:17 PM

I think that was me lol. Wasn't sure if California had different rules or guidelines on what's considered essential or an essential store. You're right though they are probably going to be open.

Honestly I don't know if Best Buy is considered essential or not. It could be Best Buy management blowing smoke to try and stay open.

#2154 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2966 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:39 PM

Honestly I don't know if Best Buy is considered essential or not. It could be Best Buy management blowing smoke to try and stay open.

Best Buy *might* have a point. I've heard of stores being slammed with monitor sales and tech repair. The real joke is GameStop claiming the same immunity: https://www.engadget...stop-essential/

The are rightfully getting blasted by every major media outlet.

#2155 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6799 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2020 - 04:32 PM

Just got the preorder code emailed.

#2156 Awkward Silence  

Awkward Silence

Posted 20 March 2020 - 05:20 PM

What does hard difficulty do differently? Does it make the experience more realistic, or does it do things like make human enemies into bullet sponges?

TLOU is unfortunately one of the “must-play” games that I haven’t quite gotten around to playing yet...

#2157 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3378 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2020 - 05:32 PM

same here, just waiting on delivery! Kind of surreal playing a game called DOOM during this time.

#2158 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2744 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 20 March 2020 - 05:35 PM

I got the pickup order for Animal Crossing but not my Doom Eternal Deluxe edition. I went to the store and grabbed AC and was told they didn't get any of the deluxe editions. I then got an email saying I could pick it up at another near by store today so I changed my pick up to that store and then got an email saying it would be available tomorrow.

#2159 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2798 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:59 PM

You probably won't until morning when employees arrive.  That doesn't get sent until they actually pull the item and put the sticker on it.  Many times employees don't want to stay late to do that crap.

Preorders are actually picked an hour before open the day before release but they don't push the emails out until an hour after closing so people don't show up early after not reading it clearly. ;)

#2160 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAG Veteran   74 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 20 March 2020 - 07:03 PM

Still waiting on mine 😏