* * * * * 8 votes

►Best Buy: Get $10 in Rewards or Gift Card w/Pre-Order

#1411 erikjo  

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:37 PM

I did but not without a massive ordeal.

#1412 Touch3  

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:26 PM

For what it's worth, I preordered the Smash CE with controller in August, picked it up on release day, and the bonus points automatically showed up as a separate entry on my rewards history on 12/28.

A friend of mine preordered the digital version the day before release, and the bonus points showed up together with the points from the game, not as a separate entry, on 12/21.

So, just a heads up that the points can show up different ways on your rewards history depending on when/how you preordered.

#1413 srocky26  

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:33 PM

For what it's worth, I preordered the Smash CE with controller in August, picked it up on release day, and the bonus points automatically showed up as a separate entry on my rewards history on 12/28.

A friend of mine preordered the digital version the day before release, and the bonus points showed up together with the points from the game, not as a separate entry, on 12/21.

So, just a heads up that the points can show up different ways on your rewards history depending on when/how you preordered.

I preordered the special edition bundle with the controller in August. Didn’t get my automatic points until 12/21.

#1414 emg28   esteeohpee CAGiversary!   3066 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:09 PM

I preordered the standard verion of Smash on the 5th, picked it up on the 12th and received my cert on the 20th. All the points (bonus and game) showed up together in my account. I was surprised that I received my cert so quickly. It took longer with other recent pre-ordered games.

#1415 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3351 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:15 PM

Not to derail the Smash points incident discussion, but usually how long before your GCU expires does this 25% off email coupon come? Mine is up in 2 weeks and I've seen where they actually disable the benefit 48 hours before your last day.

#1416 RabbiHick  

RabbiHick

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:07 PM

I’d like to know this too, as during December I bought an entire sound system from them, so it’s really hard to tell what points came from what. I feel like I might still be missing the Smash Bros and Just Cause 4 credits though, as it kinda feels like I didn’t get a lot of certificates.

Just click on rewards and then 'Rewards History'. It shows how many points you've received for every purchase.

#1417 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

What have been your experiences returning brand new items without a receipt at Best Buy? I called up and they told me I would get store credit but I haven't had the best experiences from Best Buy in the past.

#1418 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13918 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:00 PM

What have been your experiences returning brand new items without a receipt at Best Buy? I called up and they told me I would get store credit but I haven't had the best experiences from Best Buy in the past.

Can't if it's opened, but sealed they will give you the lowest sale price in the last 3 months. Typically that's full price but depends on the title. It does get tracked via your state ID but you'd really have to be no-receipt returning things for that to even be a factor. In a pinch, I've had to return things to BB without a receipt and never had an issue. I've turned right around and used it to buy a game with GCU so it actually plays in your favor a bit financially, but again if you abuse it; you will raise red flags obviously.

#1419 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

Last 3 months? Really? Well that would stink if true. I can always go and see what the prices of the games would be if I did return them. Might be better off selling them if they give me the lowest sale price after all the holiday sales they had.

#1420 erikjo  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:33 PM

So I pre ordered KH3 before my gcu expired but I had to replace my stolen debit card that I used to purchase the game. Would I be able to just update it with customer service or if I do that am I basically rickrolled not being able to keep the gcu discount?

Doesn’t show as cancelled or anything in my purchase list online

I was told you get rickrolled.

#1421 erikjo  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:34 PM

Not to derail the Smash points incident discussion, but usually how long before your GCU expires does this 25% off email coupon come? Mine is up in 2 weeks and I've seen where they actually disable the benefit 48 hours before your last day.

I was told you arent guaranteed one.

#1422 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3351 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:13 AM

I was told you arent guaranteed one.

Really? Well, shit.

#1423 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:56 AM

I was told you get rickrolled.

Really? Well, shit.

#1424 erikjo  

Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:07 AM

Really? Well, shit.

I feel you. I got a couple games on preorder myself, one with no release date....

#1425 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3351 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 05 January 2019 - 02:32 AM

Do they reset the maximum reward points you get for submitting reviews at the new year?

EDIT:

Yes they do, apparently.

#1426 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:28 PM

Best Buy isn’t supposed to accept returns without receipt, and they give me a huge hassle. Print out an invoice from your order history or something. Or just return it to target/Walmart who will do the no receipt + ID for credit with no hassle.

#1427 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:24 PM

Best Buy isn’t supposed to accept returns without receipt, and they give me a huge hassle. Print out an invoice from your order history or something. Or just return it to target/Walmart who will do the no receipt + ID for credit with no hassle.

I called them up and they told me they do. Guess one of those YMMV things. I will be returning Monday or Tuesday so I will update here.

#1428 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6596 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:42 PM

They do (depending on the item). They'll give you lowest sale price while taking your ID. I find the process similar to other retailers.

#1429 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:22 AM

They do (depending on the item). They'll give you lowest sale price while taking your ID. I find the process similar to other retailers.

Yep I tried this today. They would only give me a gift card for the lowest price of the games not the current price of the games so I decided not to return them.

#1430 AcesHigh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:25 AM

Will this bonus apply for both games if you bought both kh 3 for Xbox and ps4?

#1431 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6016 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:34 AM

No.  Only one per game, not per platform.

#1432 Touch3  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:40 PM

No.  Only one per game, not per platform.

Correct.  If you wanted 2 certs, you'd have to use 2 different profiles/accounts to make your purchases.  This works great when you're buying digital, or don't have GCU... not so much if you still have GCU and want 2 discs.

#1433 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3351 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:02 AM

Not $10 Rewards related, but thought I'd share anyway. My GCU expires on the 16th, next Wednesday, and I just got the 25% off email earlier today. For everyone who's Gamer's Club is about to end, there's still hope!

#1434 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1192 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:42 PM

Was there any pre order incentives for pre ordering super Mario deluxe edition? I thought there was a 300 coin redemption for Nintendo eShop?

#1435 GodOfUncharted   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

GodOfUncharted

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:56 PM

Was there any pre order incentives for pre ordering super Mario deluxe edition? I thought there was a 300 coin redemption for Nintendo eShop?

Digitally on the eShop.

#1436 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12287 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:00 AM

Kingdom hearts 3 is so close !!!! 😍😍😍