* - - - - 1 votes

Nintendo Switch Bundle in stock at Gamestop.

#1 Chimeratwin  

Chimeratwin

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:59 PM

Noticed this today, didn't see it posted. 

http://www.gamestop....ff2412-ffffffca

#2 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8643 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:02 AM

Rip rip ripppppppoffff

#3 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

If you like to pay msrp that's​ almost a deal

#4 NeoMonk  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:33 AM

Switches were up on Walmart earlier both Neon & Grey.

#5 WWF   Yours Forever Faithfully Silenced   1117 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:42 AM

Who knew a 128gb SD card was worth $100

#6 justadude  

justadude

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:01 AM

Was at GS yesterday for kicks and some kid asks the manager if they have switches he says they're only available in the bundle - which is good to keep resellers at bay, but bad for the people who really just want to get one.

Side note: The DM (I'm assuming) was in there grilling the employees about "activations" and I realized she was talking about that Cricket wireless crap. The worst part was this guy she pulls aside was helping me grab a rental- er I mean used copy of Overcooked, and I'm already late to get somewhere. Like dude, tell your boss's boss you'll be right there once your done helping a customer. If she has a problem with that the whole district has bigger problems.

No wonder it feels so pushy there.

#7 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   762 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:09 AM

$60. Two games and $20 expansion pass.

#8 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:55 AM

Was at GS yesterday for kicks and some kid asks the manager if they have switches he says they're only available in the bundle - which is good to keep resellers at bay, but bad for the people who really just want to get one.

Side note: The DM (I'm assuming) was in there grilling the employees about "activations" and I realized she was talking about that Cricket wireless crap. The worst part was this guy she pulls aside was helping me grab a rental- er I mean used copy of Overcooked, and I'm already late to get somewhere. Like dude, tell your boss's boss you'll be right there once your done helping a customer. If she has a problem with that the whole district has bigger problems.

No wonder it feels so pushy there.

I feel so bad for the people there just trying to earn an honest livlihood.  It's a growing trend everywhere in retail sadly, endlessly pushing and plugging corporate lingo that sounds so fake and rehearsed that only a suit high up in a penthouse with minimal consumer social interaction could think it sounds good.

#9 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6762 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:22 AM

Not a terrible deal if you were planning on getting MK8 and BotW anyway, just return that overpriced card once it comes in.

#10 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4373 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:23 AM

It tells you right on the page that you can't just return a part of the bundle - it's all or nothing.

#11 enso88  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:55 AM

You could try buying some GS giftcards from this other user in the Trades section.  I think they can get them for 17.5% off an order of $100+ through Amazon.  Just search through there.

$500 + $19.49 (S&H if not PUR Pro) + $36.36 (IN tax) = $555.84

$555.84 - $97.27 (gift card discount) = $458.57

$458.56 - $300 (Switch) - $60 (BotW) - $20 (BotW Exp) - $60 (MK8D) = $18.56 (micro SD card)

So it would be an okay purchase if you want both games and the expansion pass.  A little better if you're already a Pro member because of free shipping.  Although you can still save a few bucks if you sign up for Pro for $15, as shipping (for me?) would be $19.49.

#12 markbrochilll   Typical Nintendo Fanboy /s CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

markbrochilll

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

If you buy this, you can return the items you do not want. You can be refunded the same way you paid. 

Just be careful about it because not all stores know the policy about it.

I bought the NES Classic bundle from them and tried returning the stuff I didnt want in store. The manager insisted that I took store credit as a refund but I had to argue for about 45 minutes, and pull up the Gamestop refund policy on my phone, just to get him to give me my money back.

#13 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

I believe you can return anything you don't want except for the Expansion Pass. All the bundles I've received from them were prorated.

#14 justadude  

justadude

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

You could try buying some GS giftcards from this other user in the Trades section. I think they can get them for 17.5% off an order of $100+ through Amazon. Just search through there.

$500 + $19.49 (S&H if not PUR Pro) + $36.36 (IN tax) = $555.84

$555.84 - $97.27 (gift card discount) = $458.57

$458.56 - $300 (Switch) - $60 (BotW) - $20 (BotW Exp) - $60 (MK8D) = $18.56 (micro SD card)

So it would be an okay purchase if you want both games and the expansion pass. A little better if you're already a Pro member because of free shipping. Although you can still save a few bucks if you sign up for Pro for $15, as shipping (for me?) would be $19.49.

Yeah I mean you could also sign up for a cash rewards credit card and get anywhere from $100 off $500 (TD Cash green card) to $200 off $500 with BankAmericard depending on your creditworthiness and individual offer.

#15 grrouchie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

Rip rip ripppppppoffff

Switch, Mario kart, Zelda plus expansion pass and a 128 gig card.....
How much of a rip off is it?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

#16 King Conan  

King Conan

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:16 PM

The sd card is at retail. It actually is a good bundle (if you want convenience. You end up paying $10 to $15 more because you can get the card cheaper if you shop around though

#17 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:31 AM

I hate bundles, but it could be worse.  There are worse bundles than Zelda and Mario Kart. They could be making buy full priced 1 2 Switch to get a system out of their store.

#18 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1903 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

will only buy one when there's a undocked model with higher capacity battery for $200 or less. i just don't see this thing as a home console. There's also no games to play yet, for people already with a WiiU, so no rush.

#19 justadude  

justadude

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:51 PM

will only buy one when there's a undocked model with higher capacity battery for $200 or less. i just don't see this thing as a home console. There's also no games to play yet, for people already with a WiiU, so no rush.

Seeing how many times the Wii U dropped in price looks like you'll never buy one.

#20 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1903 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:37 AM

Seeing how many times the Wii U dropped in price looks like you'll never buy one.

Possibly. For Nintendo, I started with NES, then SNES. Never bought the N64 & Gamecube (both had no games I want), then got both Wii and Wii U. So I'm not surprised I might need to sit out another couple gens of Nintendo systems. The problem with the Switch for me is it doesn't have any games I want, just like N64 and GC, and does not look like there's any for as far as I can see, exept maybe the new Mario game. I did own every portable Nintendo systems since the Gameboy Advance because they were are relatively cheap. So if they bring a version of the Switch without the dock to the market for $200 or less, I may consider it since that will be in my disposable income range, even if there will only be a handful of games that I like for the life of the system. I did that with the Wii U, paying $200 new for the 8GB model and use a 128GB USB flash drive that I had lying around to solve the storage constraints... then bought just 10 games total (the ones I care) throughout its life.

I don't know, we'll see. I'm not going to buy a system with no games I like for full price, or the current markup pricing due to limited supply. Like I said earlier, there's no rush until there are games I care for. By then, maybe they will sell a striped down version for $200. ;)

#21 justadude  

justadude

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:11 AM

Possibly. For Nintendo, I started with NES, then SNES. Never bought the N64 & Gamecube (both had no games I want), then got both Wii and Wii U. So I'm not surprised I might need to sit out another couple gens of Nintendo systems. The problem with the Switch for me is it doesn't have any games I want, just like N64 and GC, and does not look like there's any for as far as I can see, exept maybe the new Mario game. I did own every portable Nintendo systems since the Gameboy Advance because they were are relatively cheap. So if they bring a version of the Switch without the dock to the market for $200 or less, I may consider it since that will be in my disposable income range, even if there will only be a handful of games that I like for the life of the system. I did that with the Wii U, paying $200 new for the 8GB model and use a 128GB USB flash drive that I had lying around to solve the storage constraints... then bought just 10 games total (the ones I care) throughout its life.

I don't know, we'll see. I'm not going to buy a system with no games I like for full price, or the current markup pricing due to limited supply. Like I said earlier, there's no rush until there are games I care for. By then, maybe they will sell a striped down version for $200. ;)

Well the whole gimmick is the docking system so I don't see that core feature going away.

#22 unFunGames  

unFunGames

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

That price makes it $60

#23 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15054 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:58 PM

Lol GS sure is stupid to think this is rare enough to bundle.

#24 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13962 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:11 PM

I haven't seen any in a month here in the wild.

#25 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2146 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:20 PM

Bundles always have a place, even when not rare (and the Switch, notably the Neon one is still hard to find, restocks have been grey).  Some people just like the idea of getting an all in one package with everything they want, it often "feels" like they are getting a discount, even if they really aren't.  For example, a parent or grandparent wants to get a birthday gift for their child - one order and they are done.

But then you have people that really want a Neon one that also might bite.  Console sales are typically low margin, so they want to make sure they get some profitable sales along with it.  Way back years ago when I worked at Electronics Boutique, they told us that the SNES when it first came out was actually sold at a minor loss if the purchaser bought it with AMEX, so an accompanying game sale was highly encouraged (they didn't turn the screws like Gamestop does now).  This of course changes later, and I have no idea what the margins are these days, but I'd think hardware still follows the razor blade model.

#26 proKoyeon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:27 PM

oh brother, people are actually going to buy this

#27 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15054 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

oh brother, people are actually going to buy this

Well I guess GameStop can manage it because of their core market.

#28 WWF   Yours Forever Faithfully Silenced   1117 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:05 PM

If this was 10-15 years ago, and the Switch was an incredible console with a promising future, this might have actually been a great bundle. Mario Kart and Zelda are a huge step up from bundling Untold Legends and Gengi with your PS3 grill.

But now that games typically fall to $40 ($32 GCU) six weeks after release, and an SD card that size could be had for around $30-40 not $60, the bundle feels about $80 overpriced or at least $60 considering the DLC.

Well, if you ever actually planned to use your switch, those are two games you would've bought anyway. They could've bundled Snipperclips and that Neo Geo golf game and called it the "complete Nintendo Switch Library" until Mario Odyssey comes out.

#29 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

Bundles always have a place, even when not rare (and the Switch, notably the Neon one is still hard to find, restocks have been grey).  Some people just like the idea of getting an all in one package with everything they want, it often "feels" like they are getting a discount, even if they really aren't.  For example, a parent or grandparent wants to get a birthday gift for their child - one order and they are done.

But then you have people that really want a Neon one that also might bite.  Console sales are typically low margin, so they want to make sure they get some profitable sales along with it.  Way back years ago when I worked at Electronics Boutique, they told us that the SNES when it first came out was actually sold at a minor loss if the purchaser bought it with AMEX, so an accompanying game sale was highly encouraged (they didn't turn the screws like Gamestop does now).  This of course changes later, and I have no idea what the margins are these days, but I'd think hardware still follows the razor blade model.

I miss the Super Nintendo days because back then a bundle meant getting a system and a game for LESS then buying the two separately.  I mean sure you could get the "Control Deck", but for just a little more mine came with an extra controller and Super Mario World.  Bundles ever since then have sucked. Now all they do is add the total of buying them separate together.

#30 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1903 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:18 AM

Console sales are typically low margin, so they want to make sure they get some profitable sales along with it.  Way back years ago when I worked at Electronics Boutique, they told us that the SNES when it first came out was actually sold at a minor loss if the purchaser bought it with AMEX, so an accompanying game sale was highly encouraged (they didn't turn the screws like Gamestop does now).  This of course changes later, and I have no idea what the margins are these days, but I'd think hardware still follows the razor blade model.

That was true up until last gen, the 360 and PS3, both companies actually took a lost of $100+ at launch. That was because those systems were actually powerful/ technically advanced for its time... and they were able to maintain on the market for nearly a decade with no upgrades. The current gens were all money makers from the go because they were only mid level hardware from the start, hence the need to upgrade at just 3-4 years on the market.

Nintendo's business model has never been taking a lost on the hardware, even back in the NES/SNES days. In those days, there were profits but very little from each hardware sold. Now, for the last 3 gens (Wii WiiU Switch), they use last gen hardware + gimmick and price them in current gen territory to obtain decent profitability on all hardware sold.