* * * - - 2 votes

Best Buy Ad 4/23-4/29

#61 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:29 AM

Hit elite status today, feels good, went 3 months without it and not having that free shipping really kills deals

#62 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2861 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:26 AM

So will all best buys be selling NES Monday or will some so Friday? I'd love to know stocks since I got a few near me. Also need controllers for switch...

#63 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:03 AM

Am I disappointed yet?

#64 hhhdx4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1466 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:40 AM

Games are up; unfortunately the limited edition of 2.8 is not on sale in case anyone was wondering.

#65 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:47 AM

I find it hilarious all you people bitching about MK8 Deluxe and people comparing it to TLOUR are just as hilarious. In MK8 Deluxes case you are getting the base game plus either 30 or 45 dollars worth of dlc I can't remember which plus an entire new battle mode exclusive to the Switch Version. How can you sit and say that isn't worth a 60 dollar release when the MSRP of the regular MK8 is still 60 and I think the best sale price its ever been was 35. As for TLOUR and people saying it didn't have that much added content for a 60 dollar release...you do realize they entirely reworked the game so that it could run at 60 fps instead of a locked 30 fps plus it added the Left behind dlc which was 15 and a bunch of multiplayer dlc. Fact is this is the nature of most gory editions/definitive editions and I don't get why your shocked at the price especially from games that are first party exclusives.

#66 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:15 AM

Mario Kart 8's DLC was only $12

#67 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:53 AM

MK8 is worth the $60. What wasn't was lego city undercover.

#68 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:25 AM

Mario Kart 8's DLC was only $12

Ok still. When regular games MSRP is still 60 plus your getting all the dlc which is 12. Plus a switch console exclusive mode....everyone should have expected 60.

#69 TheSmokingPun   Archduke of KC CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

TheSmokingPun

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:56 AM

I'm fine with paying my Prime discounted price for MK8D. I never owned a Wii U & none of my friends did either. The buzz around this game is even getting those same friends & even some casual gaming friends interested, while the Wii U release did nothing. Sure, the marketing bonanza Nintendo is doing is helping quite a bit, but the Switch is a whole different horse when it comes to getting people interested. I was around for the whole Wii craze & this feels completely different. I don't know how to explain it, people want to try the thing out, & it isn't because of gimmicks this time.

It's got friends & family actually wanting to play games again, actual games. My dad hasn't picked up a Zelda since Link's Awakening & he's now pondering picking a system up after I leave the country to embrace BOTW. It's bizarre the draw this thing has.

#70 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7146 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:26 AM

Not really, it's a powerful enough system to play on the go or in bed. The Wii U still had you connect it to a TV to do anything.

#71 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:30 AM

It's so ridiculous that people constantly give free passes to Nintendo for their bizarre business decisions. Reissues costing $60 is fucking absurd. People (rightfully) gave Gearbox shit for charging $60 for Bulletstorm, but at the same time cheer Nintendo for having the gall to literally release the same game as was already on the Wii U. Not to mention that backwards pricing on Puyo Puyo Tetris. $40 when other platforms it's $30? Give me a break...

Puyo physical on switch comes with a keychain, thats why its extra.

#72 Sonicyogurt   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Sonicyogurt

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

Puyo physical on switch comes with a keychain, thats why its extra.

Maybe the keychain is meant to help soften the blow, but there's no way that's the sole reason for the $10 difference in price. It's not as if Puyo is the only game running $10 extra on the Switch either.

#73 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

Maybe the keychain is meant to help soften the blow, but there's no way that's the sole reason for the $10 difference in price. It's not as if Puyo is the only game running $10 extra on the Switch either.

Well theres always the option to purchase it on the other consoles rather than the Switch. Thank god for small favors.

#74 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1586 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:22 PM

I paid 60 plus extra for the dlc on my wii u, all digital from Nintendo. It is not possible for me to recoup any of that because i cant trade the game. The dlc is not transferrable and i have another system. The fact that i have to pay 60 again to Nintendo is stupid. No ways around that.

#75 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:27 PM

I paid 60 plus extra for the dlc on my wii u, all digital from Nintendo. It is not possible for me to recoup any of that because i cant trade the game. The dlc is not transferrable and i have another system. The fact that i have to pay 60 again to Nintendo is stupid. No ways around that.

That isn't just a Nintendo thing dude. Sony and Microsoft do the same exact thing. And again even if you could move the doc to the switch the msrp of regular MK8 is still 60 bucks so your argument literally has no legs to stand on.

#76 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4298 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:24 PM

You don't "have" to pay it - you have the option to stick with the Wii U version if you so desire.

#77 masksacrafice  

masksacrafice

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:48 PM

Not sure if I should line up at my best buy for the Nes Classic or if anyone will even be there that early. Decisions...Decisions.

#78 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

Not sure if I should line up at my best buy for the Nes Classic or if anyone will even be there that early. Decisions...Decisions.

Its a discontinued item and this will probably be the last chance to get one besides the 2nd hand market. Your highly naive if you think there won't be a line and that they won't sell out within minutes of them opening.

#79 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

Ok still. When regular games MSRP is still 60 plus your getting all the dlc which is 12. Plus a switch console exclusive mode....everyone should have expected 60.

Nothing like Nintendo reselling a years old game with a couple tweaks for full price only to then turn around and charge you again to play it online. (Which the earlier version did not)

#80 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

Nothing like Nintendo reselling a years old game with a couple tweaks for full price only to then turn around and charge you again to play it online. (Which the earlier version did not)

While this is true, this is also yet another thing Nintendo should have done years ago. Their online had been god awful to nonexistent for years because they basically didn't even support online play. Now with the ability to play online with the switch its going to open Nintendo up to more demographics and will also allow 3rd parties to support the switch better because their games will be able to be played the way they are meant to be played. Could you imagine FF14 or CoD on the Switch? Because now its an actual possibility. While having to pay for online sucks it is also one of the biggest reasons why Sony and Microsoft have been so much more successful then Nintendo for years because of their online ecosystem.

#81 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6336 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:44 PM

im still waiting on Nintendo to release Smash Bros with all the DLC. im not paying over $50 to get every character and levels

#82 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4408 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

im still waiting on Nintendo to release Smash Bros with all the DLC. im not paying over $50 to get every character and levels

I'm in exactly the same boat.
I found how they did the DLC for this game egregious​ on many levels and upset they never sold a complete package.. though Nintendo still does seen to understand DLC or the Internet.

#83 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14539 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:26 PM

Any luck east coast CAG's?

#84 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   913 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

Nothing on my end

Dam you BB

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

#85 Helldweller87   Banned Banned   1435 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Helldweller87

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

Stores around me in Indy sound like they havent even got shipments yet.

#86 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3046 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

Any luck east coast CAG's?

Users on reddit are saying they camped out and are being told Monday, some were given tickets today though. I'm not going to waste my time today.

#87 Walterg74  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:18 PM

Still way more than what TLOUR added :-

No, it's nit. They included all the extra dlc.

#88 Walterg74  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

MK8 is worth the $60. What wasn't was lego city undercover.

No game is worth $60...

If you think otherwise, you're in the wrong forum, buddy... :lol:

#89 Walterg74  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:22 PM

While this is true, this is also yet another thing Nintendo should have done years ago. Their online had been god awful to nonexistent for years because they basically didn't even support online play. Now with the ability to play online with the switch its going to open Nintendo up to more demographics and will also allow 3rd parties to support the switch better because their games will be able to be played the way they are meant to be played. Could you imagine FF14 or CoD on the Switch? Because now its an actual possibility. While having to pay for online sucks it is also one of the biggest reasons why Sony and Microsoft have been so much more successful then Nintendo for years because of their online ecosystem.

Oh sure, because now their online is awesome...

#90 djduke316   Deez Nutz CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:24 PM

I love how this thread started as a Best Buy ad update to a full on Nintendo bitch fest. [-(  'Suse me while I go make popcorn.