McDonald's (USA) now has Super Mario Happy Meal Toys

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
http://www.happymeal.com/#toys

Check the McDonald's app to see if there are any offers. Currently my app has an offer for $1 off $7+ purchase. There's another offer for a free Happy Meal with a premium salad purchase. Offers are regional, so you might have other offers for your area.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/mcdonalds-app.html

supermario.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I collected McDonald's toys as a kid.  Pretty sure there's still four or five large boxes of them in my parents' attic. 

That being said, I will likely stop and buy the set.

You don't have to buy a Happy Meal to get these.  Just walk in and ask which ones they have, and you can purchase them solo.  Around here, they're $.99.

The Yoshi one turns me on...for real....

Also, the 1-Up Mushroom is pretty cool

Pa la pa pa pom I'm lovin' it.

I remember my older sister had a massive collection of Pokemon toys from Burger King.  I think they're still in her storage.  I wish these were Amiibos lol but thanks for the info, I'll pass it along.

Do you guys really think these will be collectors items?
In like 100 years? Maybe they might be decent collectors items, if they're in perfect condition. But there's going to be too much supply for it to be worth much more than what it is now for years to come. Definitely not something to buy with the intention to make a profit or having something valuable/rare.

Need a Yoshi for the collection, but don't need the colon cancer... decisions...
Well there's absolutely zero scientific correlation between food and McDonalds and colon cancer, so the only thing you have to worry about is the funny looks you'll get when you go out in public with your tinfoil hat on

No shame in ordering a happy meal as an adult
Considering a happy meal is like a recommended amount of calories for a meal for an adult, there really isn't. lol But as someone else has noted, you can buy happy meal toys without buying a happy meal.

Do you guys really think these will be collectors items?
McDonald's toys use to actually become pretty hot items after a while but I don't think that's been the case for some time. You may find an ability to sell the toy for $5 or more down the road when someone needs that one figure to complete their collection, but I wouldn't expect much more than that.

The video gaming industry wasn't enough, now Nintendo wants to drive up an artificial McDonald's happy meal shortage, thereby starving us of both NES classics AND edible sustenance.

I'm out. I'll hold out for the mario-shaped Dominos pizza collectors edition.

I collected McDonald's toys as a kid. Pretty sure there's still four or five large boxes of them in my parents' attic.
That being said, I will likely stop and buy the set.

You don't have to buy a Happy Meal to get these. Just walk in and ask which ones they have, and you can purchase them solo. Around here, they're $.99.
This week is the Invincible Mario (clear color) and Yoshi toys. Anyone who actually wants them can just pay $1 for each.
My sis said they were selling just the toy for $2 a piece. I think the meal is $4 so yeah.
I guess all restaurants are different. The price around here seems to be $1.69 + tax for the toy alone. I do remember the toys being $1 back in the 90s when I used to work at McD's as a teen.

Also, anytime I ask if they have all the toys, they always seem to only have one available at a time. How is that some of these eBay people have all 8 available for sale? Maybe the employees don't feel like finding the other toys. I assume they have them all in the back, but just don't want to get them.

I worked at McDonald's when I was in high school (and a little in college).

Some of the bigger restaurants get several boxes of the toys in at once.  I would bet most stores have at least the first three or four. 

Back then, the drive-thru workers had to prep the Happy Meals (putting the toy in the box/bag) when they weren't taking orders.  I assume it's still done that way most of the time.

Sometimes, they just grab a box or two off the shelf, and they won't "get in" the next toy in the series until they have to grab another box.

Went through the drive-thru last night, and got the Mario toy. 

bread's done
Back