Amazon 10 dollar credit for signing up for their free music trial.

Saw this offer while browsing around earlier. Apparently the $10 is only good toward subscribing for more Music Unlimited, unfortunately.

If that is so, my sincerest apologies. Many users from the nintendo switch subreddit have claimed that its for anything for amazon, so ymmv.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a side note, Amazon Music Unlimited is actually really good. I like it more than Spotify (ended up switching after a free trial). Better curated playlists, easier music discovery IMO.

On a side note, Amazon Music Unlimited is actually really good. I like it more than Spotify (ended up switching after a free trial). Better curated playlists, easier music discovery IMO.
Music Unlimited is my least favorite of the streaming services because of weird issues with their indie library. A ton of their albums from popular indie distributors (including like over 30 of my albums/singles released through various record labels and multiple distributors) only have select tracks available on Music Unlimited, and I still haven't been able to track down an answer for why that is. Like most of the albums will have, for example, tracks 1, 4, 7, 9, and 12 available on Unlimited with the rest unavailable, and it seems to be the same situation for a ton of other indie artists/labels. I'm not sure if they're curating music or only providing certain tracks to encourage fans to buy indie music albums, but it definitely hurts their streaming library in comparison to other streaming services if you're into indie music.

Music Unlimited is my least favorite of the streaming services because of weird issues with their indie library. A ton of their albums from popular indie distributors (including like over 30 of my albums/singles released through various record labels and multiple distributors) only have select tracks available on Music Unlimited, and I still haven't been able to track down an answer for why that is. Like most of the albums will have, for example, tracks 1, 4, 7, 9, and 12 available on Unlimited with the rest unavailable, and it seems to be the same situation for a ton of other indie artists/labels. I'm not sure if they're curating music or only providing certain tracks to encourage fans to buy indie music albums, but it definitely hurts their streaming library in comparison to other streaming services if you're into indie music.
That's interesting because I'm an alternative fan who listens to indie bands as I discover them and I actually have found some great music because of Amazon's curated playlists. Even things like "Introducing Alternative" has led me to some great stuff that you don't hear on the radio or see on the charts. And, "Introducing Indie" is even better for that as well as other playlists.

And when I discover bands, I've rarely found an album that didn't have all the tracks except for albums that aren't out yet, of course.

Guess what I like about it too is that they switch out songs on their curated playlists weekly where on Spotify, it feels like it may be a month sometimes.

I don't know. It may not have everything but I enjoy it simply due to the discovery aspect and having way more curated playlists. The people doing the curating also seem to know what they're doing.

They had a 100 track playlist for Coachella for instance.

Also has all the popular stuff. Have yet to search for an artist I like and not find their music. Even the indie bands I like.

Are you sure you aren't looking at Prime Music? That obviously is missing lots of tracks.

That's interesting because I'm an alternative fan who listens to indie bands as I discover them and I actually have found some great music because of Amazon's curated playlists. Even things like "Introducing Alternative" has led me to some great stuff that you don't hear on the radio or see on the charts. And, "Introducing Indie" is even better for that as well as other playlists.

And when I discover bands, I've rarely found an album that didn't have all the tracks except for albums that aren't out yet, of course.

Guess what I like about it too is that they switch out songs on their curated playlists weekly where on Spotify, it feels like it may be a month sometimes.

I don't know. It may not have everything but I enjoy it simply due to the discovery aspect and having way more curated playlists. The people doing the curating also seem to know what they're doing.

They had a 100 track playlist for Coachella for instance.

Also has all the popular stuff. Have yet to search for an artist I like and not find their music. Even the indie bands I like.

Are you sure you aren't looking at Prime Music? That obviously is missing lots of tracks.
Yes, I'm sure. I was a Music Unlimited member for like 3 months when they had a "$20 free membership" promo around Black Friday, and, like I said, I'm a musician and even had one of my label's distributors looking into the issue, and they couldn't get an answer.

I guess it really depends on what you're into. I mean, those curated "indie" tracks you're listening to are probably from the bigger indie labels that have major label support or bigger distribution deals (and that probably throw money at Amazon for the promo), not stuff from the tons of smaller labels that are out there...like, say, a niche label in North Carolina that's been around for a few decades and put out 200 or 300 releases.

Like I said, my releases and a ton of others are only available partially on Amazon Music Unlimited, but they're available in full on Spotify, Google Play Unlimited, Apple Music, Tidal, and hundreds of other streaming services and stores, including pretty much every other major streaming service out there. They're available for sale in full on Amazon, but only partially for streaming on Music Unlimited. No idea why, but that's the situation.

Edit: Also, there are a number of great bands I actually found through Spotify's discover/recommendations section that aren't on Amazon Music Unlimited at all. Amazon Music Unlimited definitely seems to have the smallest catalog of the streaming services I've tried (to the extent that I pretty much gave up on it during my trial and just continued to pay for Spotify).

Depending on the distributors, I have a theory. A long time ago, I used eMusic and they were known for indies. They were also know for ridiculously cheap downloads. A few of the bigger labels/distributors left when they changed their pay structure and there was a very public back and forth over it, with quite a bit of "how the sausage is made" getting aired. The general consensus was that the music they represented was worth more than what eMusic wanted to pay out.

My guess is, you're looking at many of the same labels and the pay outs for streaming is far worse than eMusic's pay out. Again, just a guess, I'm assuming they see the availability of some tracks as a compromise but putting a whole album up as giving away the store. I could be way off the mark, but maybe the deal with Amazon isn't good enough compared to other streaming services, if they offer full albums elsewhere.

Depending on the distributors, I have a theory. A long time ago, I used eMusic and they were known for indies. They were also know for ridiculously cheap downloads. A few of the bigger labels/distributors left when they changed their pay structure and there was a very public back and forth over it, with quite a bit of "how the sausage is made" getting aired. The general consensus was that the music they represented was worth more than what eMusic wanted to pay out.

My guess is, you're looking at many of the same labels and the pay outs for streaming is far worse than eMusic's pay out. Again, just a guess, I'm assuming they see the availability of some tracks as a compromise but putting a whole album up as giving away the store. I could be way off the mark, but maybe the deal with Amazon isn't good enough compared to other streaming services, if they offer full albums elsewhere.
That's a valid theory, but it's definitely something on Amazon's side or in the distribution chain somewhere. I own/run one of the labels I'm talking about, and my distributor said everything already on Amazon should be added to Music Unlimited, but, like I said, only select tracks got added for whatever reason, and even my distributor can't find out why. I actually just talked to one of the other label owners that's released some of my stuff (the North Carolina example I gave, actually), and he uses a different distributor and didn't even know that his label's releases were only partially available on Music Unlimited. So, it's definitely not label owners negotiating for better prices (in fact, I don't even know how much their streams pay out, because they still apparently haven't paid anything out to our distributors yet).

PSA: There are other forums for deals that are not video game related.
Lol...I was wondering when this post would show up. I think the original poster thought that the $10 credit was good towards anything on Amazon, which would technically sort of make it a videogame deal (although a lot of indications are that the credit is only good towards the Music Unlimited subscription, which is similar to the $20 credit music unlimited deal they had around black friday).

Edit: Also, there are a number of great bands I actually found through Spotify's discover/recommendations section that aren't on Amazon Music Unlimited at all. Amazon Music Unlimited definitely seems to have the smallest catalog of the streaming services I've tried (to the extent that I pretty much gave up on it during my trial and just continued to pay for Spotify).
Guess it's all subjective. I was a Spotify customer for years but after a free trial of Music Unlimited, I just found their curated playlists to be much better -- like whoever was doing them for them put more effort into it. Maybe it's that that person has my tastes in music or something. If I had an issue with not finding music by an artist I like, that would be a problem. So far it hasn't been.

Really, the only reason I switched was the playlists. (And easier integration with Amazon Echo but that's no biggie for the little I use it).

I think the guy sgetting the $10 credit also had to go hassle amazon support to get it applied immediately

Steps:

1) Sign up for their amazon music trial program

2) Once you have signed up go to your music account settings and cancel auto renewal.

attachicon.gif
goodshit.jpg

3) Enjoy a 10 dollar amazon credit next month good for anything on amazon

4) Have a nice day.
I got in on the one that had the $10 Amazon credit. The next week, and week after, it did say it was toward the music sub, so basically 2 months free. I don't know if it depends on the ad you click on, or if it was time sensitive, but it's probable that this is for the $10 toward Amazon music, while many Reddit users got in on the one a few weeks back (I think I was on the 18th, and that was the final day for the $10 Amazon IIRC).

bread's done
Back