Home or Handheld Console?

justadude

CAGiversary!
Do you view the Switch as more one or the other?

I'm looking at it more as a handheld console, and when I do it seems like an awesome step up from their 3DS line. I can see myself mainly using it in handheld mode, even around the house.

Don't have one yet, but I would primarily be using it as a handheld as well. I feel like I would be more likely to just turn on my ps4 instead if I was sitting in front of my tv.

I use it less as a handheld and more of a console....  Much rather play Zelda: BOTW on a 55" screen. but I do bring it with me to work on the weekends, when it's dead at work and need something to do.

That's one thing I said about the Switch when it was announced. It's basically the opposite of the Wii U. The Wii U was a home console that was sort of a handheld. The Switch is a handheld that is sort of a home console. Nintendo literally "switched" the perspective.

It's been both for me.  Like ashram said, I love playing Zelda on the big screen, but it's also great playing on the treadmill or in bed.

jVHT_a.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Like others, I use it both ways but I mainly play it on the tv. It's super nice to just grab it and play on the go though. I'm a big fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like others, I use it both ways but I mainly play it on the tv. It's super nice to just grab it and play on the go though. I'm a big fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So far I've played it mostly as a handheld, it's replaced my older 3DS and I actually play it more than I did my 3DS.

bread's done
Back