How to get Windows 10 key?

Vinny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
I have an Asus G751JL laptop and when I got it, it came with Windows 10, which I hated. 

I bought a copy of Windows 7 instead and everything's been gravy with the laptop, but now that Windows 10 has been out for a while, I'm thinking of going back and giving it another shot. 

Problem is, I have no idea what my Windows 10 key is. My old Windows 7 laptop had a serial sticker on it but I don't see anything of that sort on this laptop. I emailed Asus but no response after over week. 

Am I SOL? I never made a backup or anything when I first got the laptop so I'm wondering if there's a way to get Windows 10 back on this machine somehow. Any help would be appreciated. 

I have an Asus G751JL laptop and when I got it, it came with Windows 10, which I hated.

I bought a copy of Windows 7 instead and everything's been gravy with the laptop, but now that Windows 10 has been out for a while, I'm thinking of going back and giving it another shot.

Problem is, I have no idea what my Windows 10 key is. My old Windows 7 laptop had a serial sticker on it but I don't see anything of that sort on this laptop. I emailed Asus but no response after over week.

Am I SOL? I never made a backup or anything when I first got the laptop so I'm wondering if there's a way to get Windows 10 back on this machine somehow. Any help would be appreciated.
A lot if times there is a recovery partition. Look around, there be something that says recovery, it something like that. There are jeys built in I believe. Or look on your COA sticker.

No, there's no recovery partition and I don't see a COA sticker on anything. I checked the box and realized that there's no paperwork included either. 

I bought this over a year ago when I was at a BBY and saw this laptop open box and marked down to $670 for having a "damaged" screen (it was just dust, got it home, cleaned it up and it's brand new looking). It retailed for $1,100 and I needed something beefier for work and this was ever better b/c it could do some light gaming. I was giddy about getting this for such a price and I was going on vacay a day or two later, I never really noticed that there was no paperwork included outside of a BBY paper saying it's fully under manufacturer's warranty. I might might be screwed over here... 

Probably a dumb suggestion that you've already tried, but did you check under the battery or if your laptop has a relatively easy to remove back panel under that? Sometimes the COAs are in esoteric locations. Otherwise, I'd ask Best Buy if they could look up a product key via your laptop's serial number.

Probably a dumb suggestion that you've already tried, but did you check under the battery or if your laptop has a relatively easy to remove back panel under that? Sometimes the COAs are in esoteric locations. Otherwise, I'd ask Best Buy if they could look up a product key via your laptop's serial number.
Actually not a bad suggestion but the G751 has a "non-removable" battery, in that it doesn't just like slide out as in most laptop. It's removable but you gotta unscrew the laptop casing or some thing.

Vinny; what's the serial number? I asked a friend of mine from another board that's helped me with RAWR!@$%^ pc problems in the past. He/she has some ideas, including if you have serial number/model, you may be able to d/l a restore disk, tho some manufacturers want you to buy that (dun worry, it's cheap).

Your other option is to get a *.iso from MS themselves, it isn't hard to find that leftover from when they did free upgrades to Windows 10 (I actually have one on a usb drive in case I ever have to redo my system; I upgraded from windows 7)

Anyway let me know and I'll poke Orinthia again.

Last edited by a moderator:
windows 7 can upgrade Windows 10 for free, if you don't have Windows 7 key, you can buy windows 10 key on any game store, they usually send the key to your E-mail, you can find the ways that how to download and install from their site. But need to be careful, they maybe send you windows 7 key to get more money,the result is the same.

If you did a fresh install of Windows 7 - in other words formatted the entire thing, you are SOL on finding any Win 10 key in there.  I'll PM you to see if you are still looking.

bread's done
Back