* * - - - 6 votes

Gamestop 4/$20 Preowned Sale (select games) (ends 6/18)

#151 genesis49  

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:30 PM

Had no intention of actually getting anything this time, but my local store ended up having literally every game I wanted listed in Stock
Ended up with
Alan wake, to replace a disk only copy
Transformers war for cybertron
Gears/rare replay
Mafia 2 platinum hits
And threw in dragons dogma at $6.99 since no stores within 50 miles have had it the last 6 months.
My list of games to add to the backlog is slowly dwindling away for 360. Just added a whole bunch of games for original xbox to it though since I got a new one last month.

#152 Dawg Pound   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Dawg Pound

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:54 PM

Went in earlier today before noon and picked up Dragon Age Inquisition, NBA 2K16, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and the Gears Ultimate/Rare Replay.  Gonna have to go back and get the Rare Replay that they forgot to include.  Guys at GameStop told me it was on the same disc as Gears and I took their word for it.   :wall:

#153 alucardus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

alucardus

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

Went in earlier today before noon and picked up Dragon Age Inquisition, NBA 2K16, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and the Gears Ultimate/Rare Replay. Gonna have to go back and get the Rare Replay that they forgot to include. Guys at GameStop told me it was on the same disc as Gears and I took their word for it. :wall:

I bought Gears/Rare Reply twice and both times they include both games separately. Really wanted them on one disc.

#154 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6213 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

It's not on one disc. Two separate discs.

#155 whswhsjohn  

whswhsjohn

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:42 PM

Tried including the "new" animal crossing amiibo festival (with amiibos) and the system won't automatically include it as 4for20 sale. Also denied to manually add it as 4.99

#156 alucardus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

alucardus

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:33 PM

It's not on one disc. Two separate discs.

Thanks for the info.

#157 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6263 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for the info.

i rather have 2 separate discs. its 2 discs stacked together on one single disc holder in the case.

#158 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:19 PM

Tried including the "new" animal crossing amiibo festival (with amiibos) and the system won't automatically include it as 4for20 sale. Also denied to manually add it as 4.99

Ditto.

#159 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

Assassin's Creed III has been added to this list:

FYI, here is a list of :360: games from this sale that are BC and play on :xb1:

Spoiler

#160 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

Assassin's Creed III has been added to this list:

No BC tax either yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#161 Galactus   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Galactus

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:26 PM

Anyone else have problems getting Dark Souls II? When I went to checkout the employee scanned it multiple times and apparently it's not included in this sale according to her system, nether is Dante's Inferno as well which pissed me off a little since I've been wanting to play those two.

Got Mighty Number #9, Darksiders 2 (Pretty cool game btw) and two copies of Alan Wake, one regular and one collectors edition.

#162 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4347 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

Not enough BC titles for me to find 4 I want,

#163 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran Silenced   1095 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:47 PM

Anyone else have problems getting Dark Souls II? When I went to checkout the employee scanned it multiple times and apparently it's not included in this sale according to her system, nether is Dante's Inferno as well which pissed me off a little since I've been wanting to play those two.

Got Mighty Number #9, Darksiders 2 (Pretty cool game btw) and two copies of Alan Wake, one regular and one collectors edition.

O.o someone traded in their collectors edition & u got it for just $4.5/$5?? omg so jealous lol so u got everything like this? Or was it missing some things?

51B%2BE21D27L.jpg

#164 Galactus   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Galactus

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:19 AM

O.o someone traded in their collectors edition & u got it for just $4.5/$5?? omg so jealous lol so u got everything like this? Or was it missing some things?

51B%2BE21D27L.jpg

Yeah, I knew they had more that one copy so I reserved it online and the next thing I knew she pulled that out from under the counter. I said to myself "She's just going to take out the game" and nope I got the whole thing.

Then again this chick is pretty cool. A couple weeks ago I went in trading some stuff to get a copy of Dragon's Crown and my trade-in credit came to $10 and she knew I came there for a copy of the game so out of the blue she gives me two of the $5 trade in things so thanks to her I got myself a copy Dragon's Crown before payday :)

#165 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2365 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:46 AM

Yeah, I knew they had more that one copy so I reserved it online and the next thing I knew she pulled that out from under the counter. I said to myself "She's just going to take out the game" and nope I got the whole thing.

Then again this chick is pretty cool. A couple weeks ago I went in trading some stuff to get a copy of Dragon's Crown and my trade-in credit came to $10 and she knew I came there for a copy of the game so out of the blue she gives me two of the $5 trade in things so thanks to her I got myself a copy Dragon's Crown before payday :)

So what did she say when you asked her to play some couch co-op?

#166 Galactus   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Galactus

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:04 AM

#167 Ratmonkey  

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:26 AM

I+m+not+good+at+talking+to+girls_c8a8cf_

#168 gibbyva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:57 AM

Grabbed a few things from the sale. $56.xx after taxes for 12 games.

PS3 - (WWE 2K14, WWE 2K15, Assassins Creed Rogue)

PS4 - (CoD Adv Warfare, NBA 2K16, Madden 16)

Wii - (CoD World at War, CoD Modern Warfare 3, Sonic and the Black Knight)

Wii U - (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Mighty No. 9, Lego Movie Videogame)

Probably go back and look through the 360/Xbone stuff this weekend but they are my least played systems.

#169 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3681 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:00 AM

:/ hackers breached gamestop and some other retailers last month. Double check your statements for fraud charges.

#170 bigdaddykyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

bigdaddykyler

Posted 28 May 2017 - 11:02 PM

is this online as well or just instore?

#171 BEKFAST   Member Title CAGiversary!   282 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2017 - 11:36 PM

:wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

#172 Dashey10  

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:43 AM

1) In store only

2) If it was online, couldn't you have tried it?

#173 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4581 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:20 AM

thanks for putting up the list, nothing for me.

#174 bigdaddykyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

bigdaddykyler

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:12 AM

1) In store only

2) If it was online, couldn't you have tried it?

Thanks, i did try online but was hitting a wall and I'd thought i would ask thinking I was doing something wrong.

#175 Alakhira   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Alakhira

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

Ended up getting some games for my WiiU collection: the Lego movie video game, mass effect 3, monster hunter, and mighty no. 9.

Thanks OP for the list!

#176 acthechamp   The CAG Hero CAGiversary!   1481 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:40 PM

Picked up for $17.96:

Bioshock: Infinite (Xbox 360 BC)

Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360 BC)

Gears of War / Rare Replay (Xbox One)

The Evil Within (Xbox One)

Feels great.

#177 zombie_breeder  

zombie_breeder

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for posting this.  I picked up four titles but I had a bizarre experience.  My local store was not participating in the sale.  I went in there and the guy rang up four titles included in the sale and nothing.  The store 15 miles away was participating but only on the 360 and PS3 titles--tried grabbing participating Xbox One titles and they didn't ring up at sale price.  There are two stores 45 minutes away and I happened to be in that area so I checked them out.  At one the sale "ended" last Tuesday and at the other everything was fine and I grabbed the 4 titles I wanted.  The manager at that store said all of these store should've been participating as they are all in the same district.  I called CS and they blew me off.  Anyone know how to find the contact info for the district manager--as the manager at the final store said the district manager would not be happy?  It was a PITA.

BTW--Hello everyone!  I have been lurking for a while now but decided to finally join.   :)

#178 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6263 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:45 PM

Thanks for posting this.  I picked up four titles but I had a bizarre experience.  My local store was not participating in the sale.  I went in there and the guy rang up four titles included in the sale and nothing.  The store 15 miles away was participating but only on the 360 and PS3 titles--tried grabbing participating Xbox One titles and they didn't ring up at sale price.  There are two stores 45 minutes away and I happened to be in that area so I checked them out.  At one the sale "ended" last Tuesday and at the other everything was fine and I grabbed the 4 titles I wanted.  The manager at that store said all of these store should've been participating as they are all in the same district.  I called CS and they blew me off.  Anyone know how to find the contact info for the district manager--as the manager at the final store said the district manager would not be happy?  It was a PITA.

BTW--Hello everyone!  I have been lurking for a while now but decided to finally join.   :)

i think they have to hit TOTAL or something to give u the discount after it rings up 4 games. im not exactly sure but thats what i think.

#179 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:56 PM

i think they have to hit TOTAL or something to give u the discount after it rings up 4 games. im not exactly sure but thats what i think.

Pretty sure as soon as the 4th eligible game is scanned the game/price list automatically adjusts to reflect the sale.

#180 zombie_breeder  

zombie_breeder

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:13 PM

Pretty sure as soon as the 4th eligible game is scanned the game/price list automatically adjusts to reflect the sale.

I think you are right.  Not sure though.  The associate at the one store where it worked didn't touch anything on the register but the prices changed on the screen once the 4th had been scanned.