CAGcast #499: To Catch a Ping Pong Predator

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
This is how Cheapy celebrates in a ping pong match against these 10 year olds...

https://youtu.be/HBXQlGNAx_Q

I've watched so many Table Tennis YTs...ive already seen that one. 

Here are some videos of kids who would kick all of our asses in TT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMdoY8xyMFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnlUl0srvy4

This kid does the yelling thing when he wins the point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzDqgCk1sk4

New podcast! 

giphy.gif

Preordered the Ultimate Injustice 2 package from Best Buy for $80. It's basically buying the season pass from the start since I know I'd want it anyway. So it's a good deal for me. Game is awesome and there's a ton of content. Polar opposite of SF V.

Holy shit. I was almost in tears for the 10 minute section related to ping pong. Shipwreck and Wombat ragging on Cheapy the whole time for beating up children while Cheapy is defending himself with a serious tone. Too good.

Ship, I actually put the switch in the holder thing and take it out quite a lot. Do you know play in handheld mode? 

cheapy you are probably having referred pain on your tooth. if you went to a endodontist then i imagine they got the right tooth.

The Switch's tv to handheld and back feature is used a lot here so far.  It's not just about doing it in that instant.  But the fact you can seamlessly go back and forth without fuss even if it's one day you're playing on the tv and then the next you're using in handheld mode.  

I've watched my kids use it and they've played Zelda on the tv and handheld and quite a few times done both in the same day.  Now the oldest is on a trip to Ohio for the National Science Olympiad competition and he toted his Switch along on the 2+ day bus ride.  Hopefully Cheapie isn't allowed to compete against his team.  

btw, he's in Dayton Ohio. He's in Ship's neighborhood almost.  Gotta tell his instructors to detour to the Columbus Target.  Forget the air museum and Chicago.

Wombat, you have absolutely every right to feel that way about Injustice 2's pricing scheme. $100 and not every single thing the game has to offer ever? It's tiring. I don't want to spend $100 on it to begin with. If you are fine with it, go ahead, but I think it's outrageous.

When Cheapy started talking about playing kids in pingball..Kramer and karate was my first thought lol

This Injustice 2 thing seems insane to me.  If there were one game this year that I bet all 3 of the hosts would like I would put my money on Injustice 2.  Shipwreck I can understand a little bit, since he hates Batman so much.

I was pretty good at Street Fighter 2 back in the early 90's but these days the only fighting games I enjoy are the NetherRealm games.  Since I mostly play Single Player, I always have fun going through the Story mode.  Now I have played almost 200 matches into Injustice 2 and have only done the first chapter in the story mode.  The Metaverse mode is a great evolution of their non-story single player content.  Leveling up and gearing up the characters adds a whole new dynamic to the game.  Opening Loot boxes is fun, and the best part is they are all awarded in game, not sold for cash.  The Guild system seems like a fun way to play with friends and let's you work together to get more loot boxes, and not just play versus with each other like most fighting games.  This is easily the most robust single player fighting game out there.  

Sure spending $100 is crazy, but why would you buy that version anyway when they've only announced the first 3 DLC chars?  You can get the base game for $48 (Best Buy GCU) and it already has way more characters then I could ever hope to have enough time to become competent with.  When the DLC chars come out I know I'll still be able to fight against them in the Metaverse (or online if I'm feeling bold) and if they seem cool then I'll pick up the packs I want.

Anyways sorry for the rant.  I'm just having so much fun with the game that it's frustrating to see people that I'm sure would love it, pass on it because of some weird perceived value thing.

Thanks for the show, and if they announce Injustice 3 is mobile phone only due to poor console sales I'm going to hold the three of you personally accountable.

Cheers

Wombat, you have absolutely every right to feel that way about Injustice 2's pricing scheme. $100 and not every single thing the game has to offer ever? It's tiring. I don't want to spend $100 on it to begin with. If you are fine with it, go ahead, but I think it's outrageous.
What's it missing?

So why did the first 10 minutes of the podcast start with Watch This Bitches with Cheapy retelling the first 30 minutes of Balls of Fury?

I can't believe the little time that was spent talking about a Zelda game by Shipwreck (since it came out, not just this week), that has been described as one of the greatest games ever made,yet Wombat gets to talk about a lesser Mass Effect game over and over again for about the 6th straight podcast.

And Cheapy, it's time you finished Horizon so you can talk about Zelda also.

No segment of the podcast  deserves to animated more than the first 10 minutes or so of the podcast, classic Cagcast moment.

Cheapy, as a dentist, it's common to have some ache after a root canal simply because of working in the area much like any simple surgery. the nerve is being removed so there will always be some trauma. What most people don't realize is that if you go in with a lot of pain to begin with, it's much harder to get profound anesthesia since an infection neutralizes it much quicker. The ache that you're feeling is much less than if you had waited until it actually forced you to see your dentist, so kudos to you for being proactive unlike most of the patients I see. 

Love the podcast, even bought the Ring Pro on your recommendation. I hope to hear an update on Shipwreck's home theater and how he got LED lightstrips to work with an Xbox One since the USB ports are always powered.

Also, what's Wombat saying at the end of every podcast? Sounds like "bread's done"?

I'm a few weeks off from the Darth Maul themed podcast, but I'm curious if Shipwreck is reading the Darth Maul comic? So far, three issues have been released, and it's very underwhelming, I miss the weekly comic book discussions!

Cheapy, as a dentist, it's common to have some ache after a root canal simply because of working in the area much like any simple surgery. the nerve is being removed so there will always be some trauma. What most people don't realize is that if you go in with a lot of pain to begin with, it's much harder to get profound anesthesia since an infection neutralizes it much quicker. The ache that you're feeling is much less than if you had waited until it actually forced you to see your dentist, so kudos to you for being proactive unlike most of the patients I see.

Love the podcast, even bought the Ring Pro on your recommendation. I hope to hear an update on Shipwreck's home theater and how he got LED lightstrips to work with an Xbox One since the USB ports are always powered.

Also, what's Wombat saying at the end of every podcast? Sounds like "bread's done"?
I say "Breads Done"

Okay, so, I've been trying to catch up on all the episodes. Im about 70 short but they're the more recent ones. I've gone from 1 to 412, and 480 to 499, in the last 3 months. I have questions, maybe you can answer.

1. Is Shipwreck still coaching girls basketball?

2. Based on what I've heard, why wasn't the show called "CheapyD & MoochyS, with special guest Adult Richie Rich from Shipwreck Manor in the state that's round on the ends and high in the middle, O-HIIIIIIIIIII-OOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooohh!!!"?

3.Does High School Musical still hold up for Wombat?

4. I feel like before Wombat got his Gay job, there were a few jobs he couldn't or wouldn't mention. What were all the jobs he had between being an agent and being a gay-gent?

5. There was a story that CheapyD was going to tell when he moved to America. Is this a story he can tell yet?

6. Also, has Cheapy left Tai home alone anymore and justified it by leaving a note for him again?

7. Did Shipwreck get the other shelves he needed to hold all of his games after he realized he didn't get enough from Blockbuster?

8. Was there ever confirmation that the English signs at the first Japanese apartment he lived (about trash ending up on the floors below) were directed at Cheapy?

9. What happened to that guy that stripped naked and ran the streets of Tokyo and then tried breaking into homes on New Year's?

the CAGcast is basically the FoxNews of gaming podcasts. They think are smarter than everyone else, if you disagree you are stupid,  they hav a very one-sided point of view, they don't see their own bias,  they claim to be fair. 

One last thing:

In episode #134 at the 1:25:17 mark, Frisky Tanuki points out that when Jeff Green left 1up.com, he had been with Ziff Davis 17 years. He then asked if Cheapy and Wombat could see themselves doing this show for 17 years, and Cheapy answered with a resounding and emphatic "no" unless it was on terrestrial radio or if Wombat wanted to continue it without him. This episode was posted September 22, 2008, over 3 years when you started this podcast. Now that you're 12 years in, do you see yourself reaching 17 years or more?

Interesting notes about this particular episode:
- Shipwreck still isn't a member of the CAGCast, but is mentioned and so is his CAGCast Foreplay podcast
- This is the first episode where Cheapy and Wombat used their Skype cameras to see each other while recording
- This episode was sponsored by GameStop and was promoting their new in-store pickup and their Edge Card
- You were still asking for Diggs and theCAGCast had just surpassed 1UpYours
- You asked listeners to call in to Now Live on Thursday for the live CAGCast
- You directed people to PodcastAwards.com to submit the CAGCast for nominations for two award categories
- Listeners were asked to check out Wombat's blog at GamesBlog.ugo.com
- This was the episode where XBox Pure was addressed because of the controversy over the contest Wombat had announced the week before

Also, can you play Wombat's mom singing the Wombat theme song again?
(The Wombat Shooow is the place to go...)

Overwatch is kind of the perfect multiplayer FPS for Wombat since it won't tell him how terrible of a person he is. It'll only tell him all of the nice things he's done.

Raise your hand if you think Shipwreck was thinking that Wombat wears a tux to weddings so that he can get in on the Wedding Party's cocktail hours.

Jokes aside, I thought it was nice that Wombat did something to make the show more memorable.  

Been a bit behind on CAGcasts, so I'm catching up. The whole ping pong bit was hilarious. I know Wombat and Shipwreck were just ragging on Cheapy, but I kind of agree with what they were saying. From an outsider's perspective, It is kind of ridiculous that adults face children.

Okay, so, I've been trying to catch up on all the episodes. Im about 70 short but they're the more recent ones. I've gone from 1 to 412, and 480 to 499, in the last 3 months. I have questions, maybe you can answer.

7. Did Shipwreck get the other shelves he needed to hold all of his games after he realized he didn't get enough from Blockbuster?
IIRC, he got those Blockbuster shelves not too long before he redid his whole basement. I'm pretty sure he got rid of those Blockbuster shelves since he now has a room that is specifically built to be his gaming/media room and has shelves built into the walls.

bread's done
Back