* * * * - 4 votes

Playstation 4 Slim Call of Duty Infinite Warfare 500GB White *Refurbished* $151.48 - eBay

#1 htz  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...e-/122467040414

REFURBISHED GRADE A "LIKE NEW RETAIL READY" Condition has NO cosmetic defects, blemishes, dents, scratches or signs of age. GRADE A items have been restored to meet manufacturer quality standards.

Includes a new slim 500GB PlayStation 4 system, a matching DualShock 4 Wireless Controller, Call of Duty:Infinite Warfare Blu-ray Disc and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered save voucher

I do have some concern over the price so this isn't something I recommend for those not willing to gamble and wait for eBay to refund but the seller doesn't seem to be a compromised account.

#2 MrTrollYourAss  

MrTrollYourAss

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:40 PM

I do want a new ps4 but don't know about this. 

Dragjae55.png

#3 oregonjon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   46 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:54 PM

I'll bite. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#4 romodome   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   337 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:55 PM

Worth a shot.
Testes

#5 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1344 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:55 PM

Mother of god that's a good deal on a cool looking model

#6 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   1934 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:56 PM

That's a good deal. 

(My trade list) (Follow me on Twitter

Currently playing: FF112, Zodiac (PS4)

The latest Hitman game (PS4)

#7 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:00 PM

That's a damn good deal right there if it's legit

#8 ihatemyhonda   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

ihatemyhonda

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

Damn I'm about to pull the trigger but something tells me this is too good to be true.

#9 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4592 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:13 PM

Come on htz lol

Get all your info stolen (again) for the low price of a free refund!
"...don't be sensitive and angry at the sh!t that I wrote
Cause if you can take a Fuck n d!ck, you can take a joke" -IT

lol

#10 rvdnsx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:15 PM

Considering they just have about 100 it could be legit.

#11 onikage   鬼の影 CAGiversary!   4400 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

Looks like it's gone now.

#12 Slicrick   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

I bit, we will see what happens.   IF this is legit, I get to upgrade my 3 year old system for free when I sell my old PS4.

#13 mlow44   Memo to self: put something clever here CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

Grabbed one for my brother. Better not be legit or I'll be disappointed that I spent $200 on my new Slim from AWD a month ago.

#14 htz  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:49 PM

Just want to update I received a tracking number just now.

tracking.png

#15 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19353 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:13 PM

Just want to update I received a tracking number just now.

attachicon.giftracking.png

Is it a legit tracking number?  The scammers know they need to ship to get paid so they usually update the tracking info quickly to expedite that process. 

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#16 htz  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:30 PM

Is it a legit tracking number?  The scammers know they need to ship to get paid so they usually update the tracking info quickly to expedite that process.

Yes, screenshot taken from my usps dashboard. I get notified by them when a shipping label is created for delivery to my address. I should get it by Monday or Tuesday if they send it out today.

#17 ItachiUchiha   Of the Mangekyo Sharingan CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

ItachiUchiha

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:30 PM

Inb4 scam

#18 ihatemyhonda   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

ihatemyhonda

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:40 PM

I took a chance and got one also, however I chose the method that pays after delivery. So we'll see how that goes, I also ended up buying the last one available and who knows if my order will get cancelled or not.

#19 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3824 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:44 AM

This listing (**********) has been removed, or this item is not available.

Please check that you've entered the correct item number
Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.

I copied and pasted the link from the OP, doesn't look good. Lol.

#20 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1713 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:35 AM

If you actually look at the seller's feedback, there's a whole bunch of people who either didn't get their item or got something different/incomplete.

Good luck to anybody who bought one and is expecting it to work out.

#21 mlow44   Memo to self: put something clever here CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:56 AM

Out of curiosity, do scammers typically bother leaving feedback? Don't have a whole lot of experience buying on eBay so I wouldn't know.

Desktop 05.20.2017 - 01.57.29.06.png

EDIT: I get it's probably automated, but still, gotta wonder if a scammer would even put that much effort into it.

Edited by mlow44, 20 May 2017 - 06:03 AM.

#22 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5182 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:07 PM

Dead Deal. Bah. I wanted one so badly for this price also.

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#23 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3824 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

Dead Deal. Bah. I wanted one so badly for this price also.

It's a dead scam, not a dead deal. The item was removed from eBay.

#24 HonkIfULuvHoez  

HonkIfULuvHoez

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

It's a dead scam, not a dead deal. The item was removed from eBay.

I'm also new to eBay stuff and thought about this but it ended before I had a chance to even register...you're sure this was 100% a scam? I feel like with paypal it's fairly difficult to actually get scammed out of ~$150, due to eBay/PayPal being so huge and they work together (or used to) to prevent this type of shit from happening...either way, TU OP and thanks Chimp for letting us know. I'd love a PS4slim for around this pricd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3824 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

I'm also new to eBay stuff and thought about this but it ended before I had a chance to even register...you're sure this was 100% a scam? I feel like with paypal it's fairly difficult to actually get scammed out of ~$150, due to eBay/PayPal being so huge and they work together (or used to) to prevent this type of shit from happening...either way, TU OP and thanks Chimp for letting us know. I'd love a PS4slim for around this pricd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this were a legitimate auction, the link would still work and just show that the auction ended. But since the link was completely removed from Ebay, that means that the auction was removed. That means there was something wrong with it (scam, prohibited item, etc).

Word of advice about Ebay auctions; if it sounds way too good to be true, it is probably a scam. Be conservative in how you choose items to bid on, or you can have problems.

#26 TheRainCoat   Rain rain windy rain. CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

TheRainCoat

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:24 PM

You guys are morons for falling for this.

The intelligence of gamers..........

#27 mlow44   Memo to self: put something clever here CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:40 PM

If this were a legitimate auction, the link would still work and just show that the auction ended. But since the link was completely removed from Ebay, that means that the auction was removed. That means there was something wrong with it (scam, prohibited item, etc).

Word of advice about Ebay auctions; if it sounds way too good to be true, it is probably a scam. Be conservative in how you choose items to bid on, or you can have problems.

Link works fine for me. Says "You bought this item. View Order details" at the top when I'm signed in, and tried it in incognito mode and that message is replaced at the top with "This item is out of stock." Also, looking at the item history, this PS4 listing was on sale a few weeks ago for about the same price, so wouldn't it have been taken down before now if it was a scam? There's also a big "Save up to 75%" link to the seller's storefront, where the seller has a ton of active listings, a couple of which are $170/$180 limited edition Xbones. Why are those still active if the seller was caught with a fraudulent listing?

Again, I don't have much experience with eBay, and as a note I also haven't gotten shipping confirmation since my purchase yesterday. Just trying to figure out what the actual signs of scam are here besides the price.

#28 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3824 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:35 AM

Link works fine for me. Says "You bought this item. View Order details" at the top when I'm signed in, and tried it in incognito mode and that message is replaced at the top with "This item is out of stock." Also, looking at the item history, this PS4 listing was on sale a few weeks ago for about the same price, so wouldn't it have been taken down before now if it was a scam? There's also a big "Save up to 75%" link to the seller's storefront, where the seller has a ton of active listings, a couple of which are $170/$180 limited edition Xbones. Why are those still active if the seller was caught with a fraudulent listing?

Again, I don't have much experience with eBay, and as a note I also haven't gotten shipping confirmation since my purchase yesterday. Just trying to figure out what the actual signs of scam are here besides the price.

You're right, I just tried the link again and it works. Tapatalk wasn't redirecting the link properly. But the price shows 293.02, not 151.xx.

May not be a scam, but the seller does seem to have a problem with communication when there are problems. And he has almost 8,000 items up for sale, which may explain the lack of communication (too many people to deal with).

Hope it works out, but I personally wouldn't buy a used PS4 without checking it out in person first. You never know what you'll get, just rolling the dice. Good luck!

#29 mlow44   Memo to self: put something clever here CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:19 AM

You're right, I just tried the link again and it works. Tapatalk wasn't redirecting the link properly. But the price shows 293.02, not 151.xx.

It went back up in price after the stock ran out. I assumed they removed the sale price because they wouldn't get stock back in before the sale was over.

#30 BrainpanChicken   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   340 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

BrainpanChicken

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:29 PM

Any action on packages that already have a tracking number?

Mine was just marked as shipped but I realize that is common practice for Amazon 3rd party seller scams. Not sure if eBay scammers operate the same way...