- - - - -

Alien Covenant 4K Steelbook $24.99 Pre Order Bestbuy

#1 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:12 AM

I just pre ordered the steelbook 4k version for $24.99 on Bestbuy website.  Amazon has it at $39.99.  Order while the getting is good.

Link:

http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=5892802

#2 anderson4145   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   682 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

anderson4145

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:47 AM

What do you think the odds are that they release them all in a 4k box set? Btw you may want to post this in the 4k thread.

#3 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:51 AM

4k thread seems pretty sparse for newer posts, wasn't sure anyone would see it there regrettably.

#4 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1539 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:00 PM

Just saw the movie last night, had it's flaws, but overall I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to watch it again with commentary and see any deleted or extended scenes.

#5 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49774 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:07 PM

Pssst:

https://www.cheapass...exclusive-2017/

#6 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2326 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:32 PM

I saw the movie on tuesday night. I'm a huge alien fan, and had been hotly anticipating this movie for years.

I was quite pleased on the whole. It ended up being more of an extended character exploration than anything else. But it was a horrifying and fascinating character, so I had no real objection on that front. My biggest issues were with the writing for a particularly clunky character, and the final "action" sequence of the film. That last action sequence just seemed very pandering and extraneous. It could have been cut out of the movie entirely without really losing anything.

I'm very much looking forward to getting my hands on the home video release, but I'm also a little worried that the Blu-ray isn't going to include a directors cut of the film. Ridley Scott's films frequently benefit from getting directors cuts, they are notorious for getting cut down significantly for wide release. I suspect that some of his more recent films haven't gotten any of that due to the amount of post-process work that has to be done. The studio is less likely to spend the extra money to finish shots that aren't going to be in the released film.

#7 Cryoguns  

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

Any word yet on if there will be a 3D version as well?

#8 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3262 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:53 PM

That last action sequence just seemed very pandering and extraneous. It could have been cut out of the movie entirely without really losing anything.

I saw it on opening day, used one of those Fandango/Safeway monopoly credits and saw it for $2.35...I definitely enjoyed the movie overall.  I 100% agree with this comment.  I didn't expect it and based on the ending, it certainly wasn't warranted.  This coming from a casual fan, enjoyed the franchise but not enough to own them.

#9 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2326 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

It's not that I actively disliked the last act of the film. I'm a long-time die-hard Alien fan. Having a sequence that was basically extended Alien/Aliens fan-service was something I was able to enjoy. But at the same time, it was impossible for me to see it as anything other than gratuitous fan-service. When I looked back at the movie after having seen it, I couldn't shake the feeling that the whole sequence could easily be trimmed and that the movie would have been tighter and more streamlined as a result.

I do recommend the film for anyone who enjoys some sci-fi and horror. For Alien-specific fans it is probably going to be a bit more divisive. I personally had no real issue with what they did with the series mythology. But I've seen numerous accounts of fans who were not happy with some of the creative decisions made.

#10 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10212 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:49 AM

Any word yet on if there will be a 3D version as well?

America didn't have a 3D theatrical release, though not sure if any of the foreign markets did.  You're not going to see a 3D home release in America though, that's for sure.

#11 Nightcrawler13   Go Stros! CAGiversary!   572 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Nightcrawler13

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:06 PM

In for one. Great flick

#12 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10212 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:03 AM

The 4K version is no longer available for shipping, which is quick considering the release date hasn't been announced yet.  Looks like store pickup still works though.

Also, the price has been raised to $26.99.

#13 Muintir   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:57 PM

In for one. Great flick

I really wanted to like it but it took forever for them to get to the planet and the lack of xenomorphs in the movie killed it for me.

#14 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6043 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:57 AM

Just watched it the other day at a (3)dollar theater:  I can't get past the fact that it felt like a greatest-hits rendition of everything I've already seen from Aliens previously, with a heavy dose of "inspiration" from Westworld.

1050581.png