Birthdays the Beginning Game Review

Tribsinia

CAGiversary!
Howdy, We are back with our review for Birthdays the Beginning. 

Here is the link for our review:
https://youtu.be/Cl8UZt1vESg

Here is a Transcript of the Review just in case.

Birthdays the Beginning - How I stopped worrying and learned to enjoy this game.

Since my first impression of Birthdays the Beginning which were abysmal to say the lest. I have since retooled and educated myself in preparation for this review. What I was caught up with then was the lack of progress and the seriously confusing menus and stats systems. I in return doubled down and watched others play to build comprehension for the structure of the game and I started playing more myself to be able to express my experience in a more fuller fledged interpretation. Birthdays the Beginning main story campaign only last a few episodes and its goal is have you the player be able to conquer the other modes. Think of it like a more detailed tutorial that feel less pushy but is still structured. That leads me to the modes inside the game. That being Macro and Micro mode. In Macro mode you watch you progress by advancing time to see just how well you have built your land to strive and even though there is random difference sometimes in how things evolved. How I know this is because my ps4 locked up on sessions and I had to replay the same 4 hours to which I did mostly everything the same but had very different results. I would have to ask the developers how they populate the evolution and something I wish was more comprehend-able. Besides time management in Macro mode you have to heal up after you work yourself out of health points in Micro mode. Macro mode is really the evaluation mode where time passes. The real meat and potatoes of the game is Micro mode. This is where you build piece by piece your world varying landscapes to alter temperatures for birthing or adaptation and making sure their is enough diversity to have many types of organisms evolve and grow in population. You can check your direct progress by clicking R3 in to see what your exact goal is at that moment in regards to temperature and land type. I personally found myself making smaller moves in my land that sometimes resulted in grand success. Big moves sometimes had big consequence. Something I didn't want if I ever expected to succeed. If at this point in the review you are lost that is understandable. Birthdays is definitely in a realm of its own and has garnered viewership for other content creators due to its niche game situation. This is my holdup on suggesting this game for day one purchase. I myself am a lover of all games and can adapt to understand the diversity of each genre. Which is something I had to do for Birthdays. I had a lot of frustration with this title and still do mostly because of the random progress and failure even when molding same environments. Those on the fence for this title I would suggest not treading down this path for it may leave you fatigued and confused. Those who are versed in builder simulators and like strategy games like Nobunaga's ambition or stardew valley may very well find a game that if they sink their teeth into they will definitely be feed for sometime. I had no problem burning hours away just crafting a peninsula in Birthdays or restructuring a riverbed to help make my fish life grow. This game is good if you are patient and want something unique and hand crafted. So in the end If your want to find if this game is for you I would wait for a more budget price and if you are a deep strategy time sinking type then I would have no problem suggesting to pick this game up. I personally will be spending time playing this game with my godson who likes nothing better then sinking hours into crafting a small island  or deep varied ocean. We here at broke left stick games appreciate you stopping by and we will see you soon.

bread's done
Back