- - - - -

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition - Xbox One $25/$20 with GCU

#1 MattZack   Virtue for the virtuous, signaling for others. CAGiversary!   1328 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:58 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=5560500

#2 showtimefolks  

showtimefolks

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:11 PM

If it was on ps4 I would have bought it

I think $20 is a good price for it

#3 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1577 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

I have both consoles. Is there much reason to wait for the PS4 version?

#4 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1995 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

If you have a save from the vanilla version its not compatible with this edition which sucks.

#5 Troe123  

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:28 PM

I think most of the PS4 frame rate issues (e.g., the bog) got fixed. PS4 will have a locked 1080 vs. the dynamic resolution of X1. The only other consideration I can think of is the (assumably) better performance of the PS4Pro & soon to be Scorpio.

#6 gantt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3001 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

"Rift in visual quality between the two"

http://www.eurogamer...-blood-and-wine

#7 Brett3964  

Brett3964

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:31 PM

"Rift in visual quality between the two"

http://www.eurogamer...-blood-and-wine

I mean technically this article may be right but this crap needs to stop with the bashing. I've played the game on both systems. It's stunning on both and I never experienced any problems or noticed anything wrong on the Xbox one. I love both systems. Play on whichever you feel like and stop listening to these tech articles cause they are ridiculous. Like I said it's visually stunning on both systems.

#8 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:23 PM

I mean technically this article may be right but this crap needs to stop with the bashing. I've played the game on both systems. It's stunning on both and I never experienced any problems or noticed anything wrong on the Xbox one. I love both systems. Play on whichever you feel like and stop listening to these tech articles cause they are ridiculous. Like I said it's visually stunning on both systems.

This, they are pretty damn identical. Not sure how many knew this but it took a while for the PS4 version to have as good of a frame rate as the One version. Now though the PS4 version is a bit more stable, but both are still beasts on both consoles

#9 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:06 AM

This isn't the first time that the complete edition has hit the $20 mark (with GCU).  I believe that I picked up my copy around mid-January when it was listed as a DOTD (both PS4 and X1) for the same price.  It'll hit this mark again, though availability could always be a concern.  My local BestBuy seems to have fewer and fewer games stocked in store, though online availability for 2-day shipping has been rock solid for my needs.

I have only played the PS4 version, so cannot comment on any stability comparison.  I can say that the PS4 version runs very smoothly and I haven't noticed any hiccups or performance issues. 

#10 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:26 AM

Would have bought the PS4 version for $20. Oh well guess I'll continue to wait.

#11 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6858 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:29 AM

If anyone has the option to play on PC, do that.

#12 Vap   Banned Banned   1684 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:33 AM

If anyone has the option to play on PC, do that.

This game is already eye candy for the Xbox one. I cannot begin to imagine how amazing it looks on a beefed up PC.

#13 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:37 AM

This game is already eye candy for the Xbox one. I cannot begin to imagine how amazing it looks on a beefed up PC.

One of the better examples for having a nice graphics card and monitor.

#14 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:35 AM

The digital version for consoles have hit 20-25 for the complete edition.

I have it on pc and ps4 and they both look amazing!
Tempting to get it on xbox but as much as I like the game, i don't need 3 copies lol

#15 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   409 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:07 PM

The digital version for consoles have hit 20-25 for the complete edition.
I have it on pc and ps4 and they both look amazing!
Tempting to get it on xbox but as much as I like the game, i don't need 3 copies lol

Yes, you do. Nothing says commitment by having the same game on all platforms. Do it!

#16 Untamed Sorrow   The Maple Kind ?? CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Untamed Sorrow

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:27 PM

Yes, you do. Nothing says commitment by having the same game on all platforms. Do it!

I'm guilty of doing that, I actuall bought all 3 versions of Splinter Cell when it was on GC, PS2 & Xbox just for the mission variations and Soul Caliber 2 for all 3 as well, just for Link on GC, Heihachi on PS2 & Spawn on X1...shyt I currently own RE7 on PS4 and X1, X1 version to sit next to the rest of my RE library, PS4 version just for the VR experience...I have issues lol...