OG Xbox Component to Hdmi

guyver2077

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
All right, time to wake up this dormant section.

I've lately got a major itch to get my OG Xbox back up and gaming in my gaming setup. (i.e. living room)

Having a newer Samsung 4K TV  you might know that component is now a thing of the past.

Anyone have experience with either the component cable converters or the component boxes?

I see some very cheap ebay options and then theres box adapters on amazon in the $20+ range.

Thanks

No, but I do own an rf adapter for going backwards lol. I'll follow this thread for the answer too

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

No idea.  Just commenting because after hooking everything up, make sure you tweek the xbox's video settings.  XBox can make Component look really good through settings - although I think you need a modded dashboard to change the resolution and access some other settings (been forever since I used an original dashboard).

No idea. Just commenting because after hooking everything up, make sure you tweek the xbox's video settings. XBox can make Component look really good through settings - although I think you need a modded dashboard to change the resolution and access some other settings (been forever since I used an original dashboard).
Yup, i've mostly only used my Original Xbox through component and it looks great. It spits out 720p/1080i.

I'm just trying to get that output via HDMI and not lose any quality and send audio as well.

That Xbox BC announcement at E3 lit a fire and I hooked up my OG Xbox this past weekend. 

Loved firing up Crazy Taxi 3 among some other old favs.

I did order a Component to HDMI device from Amazon and should have some impressions soon. 

bread's done
Back