- - - - -

Anyone else get 10% back from Amazon email?

#1 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1254 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

I got the amazon cc earlier this year and they're offering me an additional 10% cash back on stuff through August. I just got the email this morning.

Idk if it's a common thing or if it's targeted or whatever, but maybe check your emails.

I was gonna wait until October to get my next tattoo but shit, I'll take 10% back on it in August!

#2 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9347 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

I just noticed this email this morning and signed up. I don't know why it can't just do it automatically. But I already get 5% back on Amazon purchases through Prime, so is the 10% replacing that deal or is it on top? Saving 15% on Amazon would be sweet.

#3 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1254 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:47 PM

It doesn't do it automatically because then everyone would have it. If they do it this way they can say "hey, we tried!" but not have to give the discount I guess haha.

I'm gonna give my mom the card when she goes grocery shopping and stuff, and she's gonna write me a check. I wanna see how much I can accumulate by the deadline  :D/ I was under the impression that the extra 10% was everywhere (making it 15 at amazon, 12 at gas stations, and 11 everywhere else?) but maybe I misread. I can't find much info on it now. 

Edit: I'm an idiot I think. It's not 15 12 and 11. It's 10% on top of the POINTS you earn, not the dollars you spend. If that makes sense. I think. 

#4 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9347 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:09 AM

It's confusing, but I bought something yesterday and had more points than I thought, so I was happy.

But Amazon prime you get 5% back. Say I bought a $100 item on Amazon you get 500 points because of 5x the points. That equals a dollar back for every 100 points. So now with the 10% points that's 550 points or $5.50 back. It's really not much more back. 

So really the increase isn't much. I only had to get drunk and stoned for this to make sense.

#5 Shadowsteal123   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   668 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Shadowsteal123

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:46 PM

I didn't get this email, anyone have the subject line?