Anyone else get 10% back from Amazon email?

Oisterboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I got the amazon cc earlier this year and they're offering me an additional 10% cash back on stuff through August. I just got the email this morning.

Idk if it's a common thing or if it's targeted or whatever, but maybe check your emails.

I was gonna wait until October to get my next tattoo but shit, I'll take 10% back on it in August!

I just noticed this email this morning and signed up. I don't know why it can't just do it automatically. But I already get 5% back on Amazon purchases through Prime, so is the 10% replacing that deal or is it on top? Saving 15% on Amazon would be sweet.

It doesn't do it automatically because then everyone would have it. If they do it this way they can say "hey, we tried!" but not have to give the discount I guess haha.

I'm gonna give my mom the card when she goes grocery shopping and stuff, and she's gonna write me a check. I wanna see how much I can accumulate by the deadline  :D/ I was under the impression that the extra 10% was everywhere (making it 15 at amazon, 12 at gas stations, and 11 everywhere else?) but maybe I misread. I can't find much info on it now. 

Edit: I'm an idiot I think. It's not 15 12 and 11. It's 10% on top of the POINTS you earn, not the dollars you spend. If that makes sense. I think. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's confusing, but I bought something yesterday and had more points than I thought, so I was happy.

But Amazon prime you get 5% back. Say I bought a $100 item on Amazon you get 500 points because of 5x the points. That equals a dollar back for every 100 points. So now with the 10% points that's 550 points or $5.50 back. It's really not much more back. 

So really the increase isn't much. I only had to get drunk and stoned for this to make sense.

bread's done
Back