* * * * - 21 votes

GS Weekly Deals Thread: PLEASE READ THE FAQ BEFORE POSTING!

#5311 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted Today, 04:01 AM

He is talking about Plants vs zombies 2. It's been mentioned numerous times in the thread and I'm unclear why it needs to be a secret especially when many of us have access to BB's sheets.

I don't have access to BB'S sheets yet but figured out PvZ GW2 just by paying attention. Already flipped a couple.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

#5312 Djchanclaface   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Djchanclaface

Posted Today, 04:03 AM

Speedy recovery to you, BB. :)

This morning my wife informed me that I was talking in my sleep last night about trade ins and I was insistent that I would not trade in Metroid. I don't know what to take away from this.

Post of the month.

My sell/trade list:

https://goo.gl/VOQkZv

#5313 Virtua   only 5 can ladder CAGiversary!   12532 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:06 AM

Posting for new page: b2g1 and 70% bonus weekend boomerang guide.

Trade values for each base value tier, total value of a b2g1 bump bundle, and cost of each used game price tier b2g1 bundle group.

https://docs.google....it?usp=drivesdk

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#5314 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:08 AM

Yesterday I spoke about a trade I did 5 games Mario kart zelda and 3 others...the clerk made a mistake that I didn't catch til later he put 2 copies of Mario kart instead of one of the cheaper games I ended up getting over 150 in credit I bought a psn card for my nephew and I put 20 down on metroid Samus returns le I also have a 2dsxl on order there so I asked to put 50 down on it...the receipt shows the 10$ card, the 20 on metroid and the 50 deposit giving me around 80 left so that's correct....now the thing is closer to the bottom of the receipt it shows 90 deposit on the system and the correct amount of 20 for metroid

How bad did this dude mess up ? And how does this happen?
Yesterday on the app it shows I stilled owed 60 for the 2ds but today the extra 40 got to it and now i owe 10 could it be a glitch in the system ?

Mathematically it was a 90$ mistake but 50 doesn't sound like 89 and change what he put for the deposit

Can they take the trade credit from my account? What can they do I really want to trade in my ps pro there

#5315 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted Today, 04:08 AM

So I was digging in my storage unit to find my GameCube for the 20 + 15. Then I found this. Damn it. Where is the Game Gear?8db4553b09df5defffef772c2dfd2aeb.jpg

#5316 YawnAmuroYawn   What is real? CAGiversary!   992 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

YawnAmuroYawn

Posted Today, 04:16 AM

So I was digging in my storage unit to find my GameCube for the 20 + 15. Then I found this. Damn it. Where is the Game Gear?8db4553b09df5defffef772c2dfd2aeb.jpg

Yea i have two gamecubes that i completely forgot i had until i read your post. Do you remember what the battery life was on the game gear?

#5317 iHero   Your Hero CAG in Training   217 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:20 AM

If there's no stealth bump and we wait trade there won't be stealth pot hole will there?

I know prices decline over time but ... trade now or trade later?

I think we're safe to wait since we have the 6+ for 70%.

if there is a stealth bomb, then just don't trade them over the weekend. The 70% promo lasts until 7/9. Just wait until 7/4 or 7/5 (since holiday on the 4th, values might stay the same like memorial day weekend). Values will change and be "normal" again. it's the gamble you gotta take the longer you wait

#5318 esalw822  

Posted Today, 04:20 AM

As of tonight I haven't been banned yet and I believe I've been over the limit for a few days now. How far over I'm not exactly sure because I can't find all of my receipts. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a few more good trades this weekend with all of the potential bonuses coming up.

Did you trade today?  You won't know that you're banned until you trade and receive an "Exceeded Trade Limit" message.

#5319 ttocshsoj   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:28 AM

Did you trade today? You won't know that you're banned until you trade and receive an "Exceeded Trade Limit" message.

Yes, I traded in today with no problems. I just found that rolling 30 day sheet that was posted a while back. Going by that I've been over the limit for at least a week now, probably longer since I can't find the receipts for the tech traded I did.

#5320 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted Today, 04:41 AM

Yea i have two gamecubes that i completely forgot i had until i read your post. Do you remember what the battery life was on the game gear?

It was crap. That's why I got the AC adapter.

#5321 Alexpguy  

Posted Today, 04:42 AM

PUR Pro coupon of the month. Also prints on your receipt for most any transaction if you are a Pro.

Is this true? I haven't seen it yet. Is it a standard Code or unique? I just found one last OG DS I'm itching to get rid of.

#5322 westcoaststyle   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

westcoaststyle

Posted Today, 04:51 AM

Sign into the GS app and it should be in your Active Offers.

#5323 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted Today, 05:02 AM

Posting for new page: b2g1 and 70% bonus weekend boomerang guide.

Trade values for each base value tier, total value of a b2g1 bump bundle, and cost of each used game price tier b2g1 bundle group.

https://docs.google....it?usp=drivesdk

This sheet might be helpful.

#5324 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted Today, 05:07 AM

I generally figured that if you do a B2G1 with all items at the same price then your cost is 67 cents on the dollar. Then GS just has to pay you > 67% of their sale price across all three games.

For example, if I do a B2G1 on 3 Games that cost $50/each, then the break even is at $100 TIV. But your ROI is 0% if you only get a TIV of $100. 

Depends on how you want to make your trade credit? do you want to put up $1 to make $1,000? Or do you want to put up $10,000,000 to make $1,000,000? What's more important ROI? or net gains?

Which is better, doing a B2G1 for $100 for TIV of $150? Or doing a B2G1 for $20 for TIV of $40?

It's just a chocolate or vanilla question. Everybody's answer will be different.

#5325 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6073 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:12 AM

New weekly ad is up. Uber GC promo runs until 7/5

#5326 labrat34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   350 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

labrat34

Posted Today, 05:23 AM

Weekly ad confirms b2g1 on all preowned products starting 7/1, with pro access on 6/30

#5327 KD95  

Posted Today, 05:34 AM

So I have about 12 games right now that I want trade in buy also ordered 3 copies of PvZ and 2 copies of 2k17 from BB.com to flip which should arrive Thursday night.

Since I've heard they employees tend to gave people a hard time when trading more than one copy of the same game, my best option would be to go to two different gamestops early, do 2x 6 game trade-ins then late (say right before close), go to the nearer GameStop and do the last 6 game trade there.

I keep hearing of stealth bumps, what about stealth drops? Is that a thing with GS?

Considering this b2g1 promo, I fear the TIV for my games could drop drastically.

#5328 iHero   Your Hero CAG in Training   217 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:40 AM

I keep hearing of stealth bumps, what about stealth drops? Is that a thing with GS?

Considering this b2g1 promo, I fear the TIV for my games could drop drastically.

i haven't seen it myself yet, but from previous posts, yes stealth drops is a thing.

best bet would be to trade games that haven't historically gotten a bump. or just wait two days and take the gamble.

#5329 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10259 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted Today, 05:51 AM

So the ad says Watch Dogs 2 is $39.99 new but online right now it says $29.99.  Is it actually going up in price this week?

Cancerman1120.png

#5330 Meepo  

Posted Today, 06:15 AM

Hopefully Mario Party 9 gets a bump. The store nearby has maybe ten copies along with a bunch of Mario Kart and Zelda.

#5331 acoolguy  

acoolguy

Posted Today, 06:17 AM

So I have about 12 games right now that I want trade in buy also ordered 3 copies of PvZ and 2 copies of 2k17 from BB.com to flip which should arrive Thursday night.
Since I've heard they employees tend to gave people a hard time when trading more than one copy of the same game, my best option would be to go to two different gamestops early, do 2x 6 game trade-ins then late (say right before close), go to the nearer GameStop and do the last 6 game trade there.

My advice is don't open brand new games until you have double checked the value on the same day as you plan on trading in. You can always return brand new sealed games within the return window of the store you bought it at. Keeping my fingers crossed for PVZ2 and NBA 2k17 to hold TIV through the weekend...

#5332 coolrust   Kupalizm Mode CAGiversary!   734 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

coolrust

Posted Today, 06:32 AM

does anybody know if gs still take xbox 360 with broken disc drive?
Real Men Make Twins

#5333 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2715 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted Today, 06:54 AM

I have about $600 in preorders to pay off. Dear god let this thing go off big this weekend.

#5334 andythemeZ   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   355 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

andythemeZ

Posted Today, 06:56 AM

I'm just afraid I'm going to wake up in a few hours and the trade values will have tanked.

They always seem to tank the Wednesday before a Friday SB. If values are down 20% today thats a positive sign they'll be up 40% Fri. Especially when a Weds pushes recently released games below their "trademark" guaranteed 30$ value.

#5335 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3424 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted Today, 07:09 AM

Does the extra $25 bonus credit when trading in a Xbox One stack with the extra $15 when trading in any system pur coupon?

#5336 Lumas101  

Posted Today, 07:33 AM

They always seem to tank the Wednesday before a Friday SB. If values are down 20% today thats a positive sign they'll be up 40% Fri. Especially when a Weds pushes recently released games below their "trademark" guaranteed 30$ value.

So it's bad that values held?