CAGTAC - Challenge PMS? *UPDATE* "Oh How The Mighty Have Fallen..."

Ledhed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I've been chatting with Cella from the Psychotic Man Slayers, and have been thinking of challenging them to some 4v4 games. I haven't made the request yet, since I wanted to see who all would be interested.

If you're interested, post or PM me and let me know when and what you'd like to play. Myself, I'd like to play some Team Slayer, but I and they are open to suggestions. Unlike the Frag Dolls (which is less a clan and more of a marketing directive for Ubisoft than anything), the PMS girls seem to take this kind of challenge a little more seriously.

*UPDATE* ROUND 1

Ok, 'Kado and I just got back from CPL. Right before we left, we were given the oppurtunity to play a 2v2 with PMS-AzN and PMS-Jemini. It was a Team Slayer to 50, BR start, Lockout, no radar. And to top it all off, it was Halo 2 1.0, completely unpatched.

fucking wow. Those girls knew their shit. They had extremely strong communication, were always backing eachother, and had control of the map almost instantly. 'Kado was playing up to par, racking up 30 kills by the end, with 20 deaths. I, on the other hand, played pretty terribly: 10 kills, 30 deaths. PMS wins, 50-40.

It was pretty jarring playing the pre-patch version after spending so much time with the updated version. I now have an even stronger appreciation for the enhanced 'nades and melee, as it would have made the difference in more than a few of my encounters during the match. Having to play split-screen on a relatively tiny 17" monitor didn't help matters either.

But, without a doubt, I was responsible for the loss. PMS wins Round 1.

But, come this Sunday, 'Kado and I will be reprising our visit to CPL (hopefully with more than 6 hours of sleep between us) and will reclaim our former glory.

Fear not CAGTAC, for you will be AVENGED!!!

I'm cool with that, the games should be a mix of slayer/objective games.

Be forewarned, I will employ the use of awesome taglines such as: "Put down the controller and put on some oven mitts" and "get out of the living room and get back in the kitchen" in the event of a CAGtac victory.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Be forewarned, I will employ the use of awesome taglines such as: "Put down the controller and put on some oven mitts" and "get out of the living room and get back in the kitchen" in the event of a CAGtac victory.[/QUOTE]

OK, so Ugamer's out of the question; anyone else? :lol:

i'm definitely down if my connection holds up until whenever it takes place. i'd prefer objective games (and would probably be better at them), but i'm down for anything. and i mean ANYTHING.

Well, I talked to her again tonite, and I don't think we're going to be able to get an online match anytime soon. But, they're going to be at the CPL Finals next week, and 'Kado and I are gonna try to make it out there for some informal 2v2 action. :cool:

If, at some point, they decide they want to do an online challenge, I'll let you guys know.

*UPDATE* ROUND 1

Ok, 'Kado and I just got back from CPL. Right before we left, we were given the oppurtunity to play a 2v2 with PMS-AzN and PMS-Jemini. It was a Team Slayer to 50, BR start, Lockout, no radar. And to top it all off, it was Halo 2 1.0, completely unpatched.

fucking wow. Those girls knew their shit. They had extremely strong communication, were always backing eachother, and had control of the map almost instantly. 'Kado was playing up to par, racking up 30 kills by the end, with 20 deaths. I, on the other hand, played pretty terribly: 10 kills, 30 deaths. PMS wins, 50-40.

It was pretty jarring playing the pre-patch version after spending so much time with the updated version. I now have an even stronger appreciation for the enhanced 'nades and melee, as it would have made the difference in more than a few of my encounters during the match. Having to play split-screen on a relatively tiny 17" monitor didn't help matters either.

But, come this Sunday, 'Kado and I will be reprising our visit to CPL (hopefully with more than 6 hours of sleep between us) and will reclaim our former glory.

Fear not CAGTAC, for you will be AVENGED!!!

[quote name='Ledhed']
Fear not CAGTAC, for you will be AVENGED!!![/QUOTE]

If youre so confident in your self, id like $10 if you dont avenge us (me). You better keep your word on this

[quote name='Ledhed']*UPDATE* ROUND 1

Fear not CAGTAC, for you will be AVENGED!!![/QUOTE]

I really appreciate Halo 2 1.1 now. The pre-patched version just sucks.

Anyway, yeah, I played well. Started off slow, but started to pick up steam mid-game. Problem is, with no radars, even if you control the good weapons, with only two people on each team, it becomes harder to hang on to them. Azn held on to the Sniper Rifle most of the game and made great use of it, busting Led's dome multiple times. She got me a few times, too. She was good.

Jemini was the weaker of the two, but she was on top of things when it came to communication. She was constantly calling out where we were at and if we had a Happy Meal or the Sword.

It didn't help that we had some obnoxious douche watching us play, either. He came up asking us if we wanted to do a free-for-all while we were mid-match. I told him that we were playing the PMS girls, and he says some stupid shit like "2v2 pre-patch screen-look?" to which I say "...What?" Every now and then, he'd be like "OOOOOOOOOOOH" every time one of us would get killed. fucking douchebag. He was playing on another Xbox close to the ones we were using, sporting the name "poop." I guess that explains it. Luckily, our friend Alex was there to mock him. Good times.

Anyway, yeah, these girls are good. During their actual tournament round, they destroyed "Team Outhouse" by more than 70 kills both times. Communication was a key for them. They'd call out exactly when they picked up Rockets, Sniper, and Overshield. Watching them made me realize that if we want to step it up, we'll need to memorize the spawns of the power weapons and powerups rather than just hope we stumble upon them at the right time. Sure, saying "So-and-so will respawn soon" works, but knowing exactly when the item is going to spawn will help us get to it quicker.

Also, all of today's tournament rounds were played on Beaver Creek. It was nothing but Happy Meals all day.

We should be going on Sunday, which will mostly be a casual wrap-up day for the tourneys, I think. This time, I'm bringing Olrox. What whacky adventures will he get into? Tune in next time, same bat time, same bat channel.

[quote name='shrike4242']Why'd you end up playing on 1.0?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't by choice; every box in the house was set to 1.0. Supposedly, they were supposed to have been updated. But over the course of those two days, I must've played on at least a dozen different boxes, and none of them were updated. Oh well.

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']I would be down to play, but no 2CutE ;)[/QUOTE]
You are just jealous cuz I play better than you now.... well sometimes....;)

OK, new update. Looks like 'Kado has to work, which is total balls. But, I'm gonna go ahead and go up and bring Olrox. I imagine we'll still play a match, but I can't make the same guarantees I would make if 'Kado was my partner.

Still though, Olrox can hold his own. And, as he'll have you know, he can take any of you 1 on 1. :lol:

[quote name='Ledhed']OK, new update. Looks like 'Kado has to work, which is total balls. But, I'm gonna go ahead and go up and bring Olrox. I imagine we'll still play a match, but I can't make the same guarantees I would make if 'Kado was my partner.

Still though, Olrox can hold his own. And, as he'll have you know, he can take any of you 1 on 1. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hopefully he breaks outta the slump he says he's in before game time.

[quote name='Ledhed']OK, new update. Looks like 'Kado has to work, which is total balls. But, I'm gonna go ahead and go up and bring Olrox. I imagine we'll still play a match, but I can't make the same guarantees I would make if 'Kado was my partner.

Still though, Olrox can hold his own. And, as he'll have you know, he can take any of you 1 on 1. :lol:[/QUOTE]

tell him to sing the waffles song

[quote name='Murcielago77']tell him to sing the waffles song[/QUOTE]Is this a song I should know about?:whistle2:k

thanks for the info on when kado is working

:twisted:

"hi is jeremy there? Hi, Jeremy... I'm looking for a game; Psychonauts, and I was wondering... do you got a gun?"

[quote name='sj41']Is this a song I should know about?:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

It's only the best song ever. It's a call-and-response, where Olrox says the first line, and the audience says the next.

Olrox: Do you like pancakes?
Audience: Yeah we like pancakes!
Olrox: Do you like waffles?
Audience: Yeah we like waffles!
Olrox: Do you like french toast?
Audience: Yeah we like french toast!
Olrox: Mmm-mmm-mmm, can't wait to get a mouthful!

[quote name='Ledhed']It's only the best song ever. It's a call-and-response, where Olrox says the first line, and the audience says the next.

Olrox: Do you like pancakes?
Audience: Yeah we like pancakes!
Olrox: Do you like waffles?
Audience: Yeah we like waffles!
Olrox: Do you like french toast?
Audience: Yeah we like french toast!
Olrox: Mmm-mmm-mmm, can't wait to get a mouthful![/QUOTE]

I have the mp3 of that shit, so if anyone needs to hear it, hit me up on AIM. :lol:

[quote name='Murcielago77']Im gonna have to start recording all olroxes incredible songs and quotes and release them to the public on a compilation of MP3s[/QUOTE]I'll donate money to this project via paypal!

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']A couple of nights ago I played with a PMS_Yoshi, it was a chick, but is there a yoshi in the group officially?[/QUOTE]

According to the PMS site, yes, she is. I'd totally stab it.

I played against PMS GibGirl the other night in Rumble Preview. She joined in on the dog-piling of a little kid running his mouth the whole game.

[quote name='zewone']Oh shit. I'd beat them guts too.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Why must our intercourse euphamisms be so violent in nature?

[quote name='Ledhed']:lol: Why must our intercourse euphamisms be so violent in nature?[/QUOTE]
Because thats what the ladies love.

We played these bitches tonight during matchmaking. Twice even.

Multiflag on Coag. We won 1-0.
Then, something on Containment. tied 0-0.

I think. I'm sure Murc willl post the link here in a minute to the game details.

HaiwaiianLag and MaryJane were the only ones I would say were "good". The others were okay. Still, I ain't going out like Led and losing to a team of girls and I'm no punk like rock who was about to ask them for an autograph when he sent them friend requests. :lol:

[quote name='zewone']I ain't going out like Led and losing to a team of girls. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Say that same shit when you play one of their tourney teams.

[quote name='Ledhed']Say that same shit when you play one of their tourney teams.[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to him, Z. I handled those bitches just fine. Led just couldn't take the heat. ;)

[quote name='Arikado']Led just couldn't take the heat. ;)[/QUOTE]

It's true, I had absolutely no business in the Pre-Patch Screen-Look kitchen.

bread's done
Back