Nintendo E3

squishface

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
What are your expectations for their presentation?

I hear rumors of a Smash bros deluxe for the Switch. I think that would be interesting. They have already announced pokken dx , which I thought would have been released later.

Thoughts on what you would like to see?

If they announce a good Metroid like the prime series. I will preorder that asap!!!

So far I saw a trailer for the new switch Skyrim with a Zelda amiibo support and a cross platform Minecraft.

(Can't stay awake any longer) I will check out more of this later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be misguided to announce a Smash game for switch now, they need to wait until arms is out  as to not takes sales away from it.

after a few months of arms being out then announce it in a direct.

Also so far Skyrim, and Fifa 18 (sans Journey mode) and minecraft cross-play support.

all i want to know is 

WHERE THE HELL IS THE  ESHOP for the  switch    still nothing worth buying on it.....   hopefully something about the  program coming this fall will be told  (doubt it) 

Hopefully something big  BUT doubtful

Nintendo Kicks Off Nine Hours of Online Maintenance for Switch Ahead of E3
From (approx.) June 11th at 5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern until June 12 2am Pacific / 5am Eastern.

I don't have a Switch yet, but I would love to see F-Zero on. Even if it's the GC version on VC, that would be awesome.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Metroid Prime 4, teaser. Now they're committed.

The Pokémon company is also promising a "proper" Pokémon RPG on the Switch.

And the voice-acting in Xenoblade is really bad. Here's hoping we get a Japanese language option with subtitles.

wow not a peep about the  Store  that is coming this fall...  starting to think  should never got a  switch until 2018  

it was all  this is coming in 2018 this is coming in 2018 we are working on this ..   not much about 2017   guess  rest of year will be lame

I was hyped to see SMO but my feeling are pretty much unchanged from when they first showed it: the "Mario" setting looks awesome but the "real world" setting (T-rex and all) looks like... I dunno, not sure how to feel about that.

Very excited that there's some Metroid coming but get the feeling I might be left disappointed. Not sure who the company handling the 3DS remake is and MP4 was literally just a logo... like talk about afterthought. And it was just clarified that it's not even being made by Retro... (I wonder what they're working on? :whistle2:k). 

Xenoblade 2 looks like it's gonna be more like XCX rather than the original... really not a fan of the generic anime visuals but hopefully it's more story focused like the oriignal and not the random trainwreck XCX was. 

Outside of that, Nintendo is smart to keep a steady stream of games coming. 

I was hyped to see SMO but my feeling are pretty much unchanged from when they first showed it: the "Mario" setting looks awesome but the "real world" setting (T-rex and all) looks like... I dunno, not sure how to feel about that.

Very excited that there's some Metroid coming but get the feeling I might be left disappointed. Not sure who the company handling the 3DS remake is and MP4 was literally just a logo... like talk about afterthought. And it was just clarified that it's not even being made by Retro... (I wonder what they're working on? :whistle2:k).

Xenoblade 2 looks like it's gonna be more like XCX rather than the original... really not a fan of the generic anime visuals but hopefully it's more story focused like the oriignal and not the random trainwreck XCX was.

Outside of that, Nintendo is smart to keep a steady stream of games coming.
I was surprised to hear Retro isn't on MP4. They've been working on something for quite some time now (you have to hope). Maybe we'll see a new project from them next year with a fall 2018 release date. That would go a long way I think with fans

I was surprised to hear Retro isn't on MP4. They've been working on something for quite some time now (you have to hope). Maybe we'll see a new project from them next year with a fall 2018 release date. That would go a long way I think with fans
Yeah, Tropical Freeze was over 3 years ago so I was dead sure it was gonna be them on MP4. They're definitely working on something... they're clearly talented devs showing that they can handle adventure, shooter and platforming so I'm thinking Nintendo gave them the option to do whatever they want.

Maybe it's good it's not them doing Prime 4. I loved the original Prime, really liked 2 and enjoyed 3 but with each installment, the adventure focus gave way to more mass market shooter influence (more story and obvious story vs exploring/finding story through the scanning).

Also, the more I see Mario Odyssey, the more I wanna play it. Initially I thought parts of the game looked stupid but Miyamoto is a fucking genius- you know it's gonna be good.

Third-party hardware companies have been stepping up this E3 to support the Switch. This is only natural. The nature of the Switch makes it an accessory paradise, with any number of bags, cases, dongles, and controller add-ons being viable for the portable system. Portable systems are always accessory-friendly.

Of particular note are 8bitdo, and Nyko. 8bitdo has garnered a reputation over the past few years for their high-quality retro-themed wireless controllers. The most recent update to their controller firmware actually added Switch support to most of their existing product line. This is a huge bonus for anyone who already has an 8bitdo controller. They also announced a new SNES-styled controller that will support even more features and flexibility than their usual fare, with improved analog sticks, rumble support, and even accelerometers for basic motion-sensing. The thing is clearly designed to be Switch-friendly, and serve as a possible alternative to Nintendo's own stand-alone controller. They also announced a Switch-friendly arcade stick, and some Bluetooth speakers.

Nyko is stepping up with a new portable Switch dock. And to my knowledge, theirs will be the first third-party Switch dock that allows for active switching to TV mode. This provides an alternative to the existing $90 Nintendo Switch dock. It is a much smaller dock, so there won't be any panel to cover the screen, and there won't be any extra USB ports. But it's only going to cost $45. That's not dirt-cheap. But it is significantly lower than the alternative, and would make supporting multiple televisions a bit less trouble.

Nyko is stepping up with a new portable Switch dock. And to my knowledge, theirs will be the first third-party Switch dock that allows for active switching to TV mode. This provides an alternative to the existing $90 Nintendo Switch dock. It is a much smaller dock, so there won't be any panel to cover the screen, and there won't be any extra USB ports. But it's only going to cost $45. That's not dirt-cheap. But it is significantly lower than the alternative, and would make supporting multiple televisions a bit less trouble.
I saw this last night and i'm pretty interested in it. It would be great for travel or even to have as an extra in a house.

I can not wait for Metroid!!! Already have the amiibos preordered and will be getting the special edition ordered asap!

Yeah, Tropical Freeze was over 3 years ago so I was dead sure it was gonna be them on MP4. They're definitely working on something... they're clearly talented devs showing that they can handle adventure, shooter and platforming so I'm thinking Nintendo gave them the option to do whatever they want.

Maybe it's good it's not them doing Prime 4. I loved the original Prime, really liked 2 and enjoyed 3 but with each installment, the adventure focus gave way to more mass market shooter influence (more story and obvious story vs exploring/finding story through the scanning).

Also, the more I see Mario Odyssey, the more I wanna play it. Initially I thought parts of the game looked stupid but Miyamoto is a fucking genius- you know it's gonna be good.
Definitely, Nintendo has me more excited than I've been in a while. I was thinking of dusting off my Wii and replaying some of my favorites from that generation (Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Resident Evil 4, Skyward Sword, Super Paper Mario, No More Heroes 2, Dead Space Extraction, and my personal fave Metroid Prime trilogy. That was a good system.

Firmware update 3.0.0 is live.

SDBoPQM.jpg

Is it just me or are they jumping to whole numbered versions too quickly? This time next year I'm sure Switch will be on version 19,927.00

I rather have version 12838484.00 than Version 3.23.76.

There are three things I want from the Switch...

Animal Crossing
F-Zero

Star (fucking) Tropics 3 (Preorder bonus disk of the first 2)

Animal Crossing
F-Zero

No Smash? I'd even take a port of the Wii U Smash gladly.

I've been wanting to get a Switch but I'll wait until there's a good bundle available (Metroid Prime 4?). I was digging through all my Wii games the other day and realized I don't really want a Switch; I just want to play Nintendo games. I didn't get a Wii U, and I've been having a blast replaying through some Wii classics like Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, and I'm looking forward to Skyward Sword which is in my opinion an underrated Zelda game.

No Smash? I'd even take a port of the Wii U Smash gladly.

I've been wanting to get a Switch but I'll wait until there's a good bundle available (Metroid Prime 4?). I was digging through all my Wii games the other day and realized I don't really want a Switch; I just want to play Nintendo games. I didn't get a Wii U, and I've been having a blast replaying through some Wii classics like Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, and I'm looking forward to Skyward Sword which is in my opinion an underrated Zelda game.
Nah. I have Smash for the 3DS and for the Gamecube which I'm happy with.

Animal Crossing
F-Zero

Startropics 3 will never happen. I been waiting for Startropics 3 for over 20 years now, and it's a series that deserves a reboot and would make a really good game modernized. I could imagine a true 3D platformer and it would be amazing.

With that said, I pretty much have the whole first party Nintendo E3 presentation preordered. Splatoon, Rabbids (not first party but close enough), Pokken, Odyssey, Xenoblade 2. Will grab Yoshi and Kirby when they come closer to release. I am really happy with this list, going to be a great year.

As for Animal Crossing, Smash, etc. I expect next E3 (or sometime next year) we see announcements for Animal Crossing and possibly Smash. They might do a F-Zero because they been really focusing on the hardcore gamer lately. Hope they do. Nintendo doesn't want to drop all their heavy hitters in one year. I mean this system has to have games to last years. Spreading out their releases is a good idea. Hell I am surprised at the schedule this year.

Startropics 3 will never happen. I been waiting for Startropics 3 for over 20 years now, and it's a series that deserves a reboot and would make a really good game modernized. I could imagine a true 3D platformer and it would be amazing.

With that said, I pretty much have the whole first party Nintendo E3 presentation preordered. Splatoon, Rabbids (not first party but close enough), Pokken, Odyssey, Xenoblade 2. Will grab Yoshi and Kirby when they come closer to release. I am really happy with this list, going to be a great year.

As for Animal Crossing, Smash, etc. I expect next E3 (or sometime next year) we see announcements for Animal Crossing and possibly Smash. They might do a F-Zero because they been really focusing on the hardcore gamer lately. Hope they do. Nintendo doesn't want to drop all their heavy hitters in one year. I mean this system has to have games to last years. Spreading out their releases is a good idea. Hell I am surprised at the schedule this year.
Star Tropics as a 3D platformer? No thanks. I'm thinking Star Tropics as modern Zelda, open world, jungle and the countries in the game as the beaches.

F-Zero needs to be announced ASAP, it's been what 15 years since the completely amazing GC one? That to me is more important than some 2D-ish platforms that Nintendo seems to make too many off. Like Pikmin and Chibi Rob for the 3DS, just really stupid ideas. Besides Mario Kart Port there isn't any racing games, need more of them and save the never ending supply of platforms for later.

bread's done
Back