- - - - -

Got one. What first game to buy?

#1 justadude  

justadude

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:55 AM

So I finally bit the bullet and bought a Switch at Best Buy. They only had three and the timing was right, I'm getting a bonus at work, so hey why not?

Here's the deal: budget says I can only get 1 game right now, and it can't be BoTW.

What do I buy? Go!

Edit: my wife wants to play along so couch co-op is good too

#2 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1088 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:26 AM

If you've got friends and family around to play with, we're having a blast with Mario Kart 8 and Super Bombrman R.  Arms coming out this week too, supposed to be fun.

#3 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3408 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:43 AM

Mario Kart 8  if you never got a WiiU  or Arms if you already played the former on WiiU. 

Not a whole lot out but yea MK8 or Arms are looking pretty solid until the goodness that is Mario Odyssey comes out in October. 

#4 neushane77  

neushane77

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:36 PM

No Zelda BOTW love? I would go Zelda before the other 2 but Mario Kart is a close 2nd. Just MHO

EDIT: My bad...missed the no Zelda part. Mario Kart it is!

#5 justadude  

justadude

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

No Zelda BOTW love? I would go Zelda before the other 2 but Mario Kart is a close 2nd. Just MHO

EDIT: My bad...missed the no Zelda part. Mario Kart it is!

I ended up with Mario Kart and it's definitely been fun. I'm only slightly disappointed with the lack of battle levels, maybe some get unlocked as you progress? If so I wish they would shadow out those levels so you know. I am
Happy with the amount of regular maps, there's definitely a ton. The presentation is a little underwhelming but I know that's a staple of the franchise. Overall glad I got it. Would try snipperclips but I don't have an SD card yet.

#6 ebucel   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   275 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:20 PM

At least their are battle levels in this version =)

#7 joecreed   Banned Banned   120 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

joecreed

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:18 AM

Gotta go Mario Kart or Arms for coop imo, but I'm having a blast with Splatoon.  I never played the original.