* * * - - 5 votes

Zoo Tycoon (XB1) Free On Japanese Microsoft Store Region Free!

#1 BronsonsArmor   Comic Books and Coffee CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

BronsonsArmor

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

So I was browsing around on slickdeals the other day and I saw that zoo tycoon was free in the Xbox Japan store. It's region free which meant that while it does not show up in the NA store, you don't have to change your xbox region.

Link to Japanese M$ store: https://www.microsof...UEApG3c5tMYA)()

Credit goes to user SlickDealio for the find.
https://slickdeals.n...bl-gold-members

Attached is a video I made to help people navigate through the Japanese menus.

I wasn't sure whether or not to put this in the gaming section or free section. Decided on the gaming section since it seems like there's generally less traffic in the free section. Hope this helps people who are unaware of the free game!

#2 BronsonsArmor   Comic Books and Coffee CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

BronsonsArmor

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:42 PM

So I was browsing around on slickdeals the other day and I saw that zoo tycoon was free in the Xbox Japan store. It's region free which meant that while it does not show up in the NA store, you don't have to change your xbox region.

Link to Japanese M$ store: https://www.microsof...UEApG3c5tMYA)()

Credit goes to user SlickDealio for the find.
https://slickdeals.n...bl-gold-members

Attached is a video I made to help people navigate through the Japanese menus.

I wasn't sure whether or not to put this in the gaming section or free section. Decided on the gaming section since it seems like there's generally less traffic in the free section. Hope this helps people who are unaware of the free game!

#3 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13277 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:44 PM

A+ for effort!

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

If 4chan is the Internet's anus, Reddit is the taint.

#4 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

Thanks for the video. Super easy.

#5 DBLProfitMachine   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

DBLProfitMachine

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:14 PM

Thanks redeemed

#6 beefdongle   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

beefdongle

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

Good find, thanks!

#7 derrtaysouth95   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1469 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

derrtaysouth95

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:03 AM

Thank you.

#8 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   7945 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:07 AM

Anyone have a good trial code I could use? My gold ran put two days ago.:p

#9 zeldafanjtl   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

zeldafanjtl

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:43 AM

I just used Chrome's translate feature when doing this. I liked that the OK button on the confirmation dialog got translated as "roger that."

Anyone have a good trial code I could use? My gold ran put two days ago.:p

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can claim Games with Gold titles on a trial.

#10 Licasguy   Boosh! CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:53 AM

Awesome OP, thanks!

#11 mightymek   Welcome to the Gutter CAGiversary!   5295 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:55 AM

Thanks dude! Super easy!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#12 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2053 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:01 AM

Thanks just got it and I'm on a trial
CBrownsT10.pngTheLegendoTyler.png

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 6690-7182-9810

#13 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:03 AM

Just when I was thinking of trading in the xbox one s and waiting for the X to exist and then drop in price.

Thanks OP

I might not be a fungi, but with some time, I'll grow on you!

If you wanna visit me IRL, grow your only LonelyBacteria

Please skip part 3

#14 Untamed Sorrow   The Maple Kind ?? CAGiversary!   1025 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Untamed Sorrow

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:39 PM

Wow 3 clicks later and your done, Thanks OP
:argue::boxing::twoguns::whee:=;:-k::fridge::-({|=:applause:

#15 ShirtSizeXXXLXT   Fluffernutter 4LIFE CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

ShirtSizeXXXLXT

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

I feel like I know how to read Japanese now!  Super easy and fast install too only 2.63 GB.  Should we be keeping a better eye on other regions Games With Gold deals in the future?

804123.png

If you have a Gameboy Micro for sale, I would like to buy it from you!

#16 Untamed Sorrow   The Maple Kind ?? CAGiversary!   1025 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Untamed Sorrow

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:28 PM

I feel like I know how to read Japanese now! Super easy and fast install too only 2.63 GB. Should we be keeping a better eye on other regions Games With Gold deals in the future?

Im curious too, now I'm wondering how many games I've missed lol
:argue::boxing::twoguns::whee:=;:-k::fridge::-({|=:applause:

#17 Zincdust   CSI: Portland CAGiversary!   463 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

Just ordered!! Thanks a million for the info/video!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 davidflecha17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   533 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

davidflecha17

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:51 PM

I feel like I know how to read Japanese now!  Super easy and fast install too only 2.63 GB.  Should we be keeping a better eye on other regions Games With Gold deals in the future?

I always check Wikipedia's games with gold page. They tell you if a different region has a different game for that month. They've always been accurate.

It only seems to work with Xbox one games. 360 games don't show the free price.

#19 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49862 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

Time to cue up the banning for getting games outside your region.......

#20 sonnyforple  

sonnyforple

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:43 PM

No clue if Microsoft is still doing this, but years ago when they had Angry Birds for free for a certain region, there was a person here that had their Xbox account banned. Not sure how that would effect any digital purchased games or if you could still re-download them.

#21 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1763 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

I think the banning was for 360 because people have to manipulate something in order to get them. For X1, it's just click and buy on the website so if anything, they need to fix this loophole instead of banning people. I don't think they care because on X1, you need to maintain Gold in order to keep using the games. They only care about the 360 because the games become yours to own even after Gold runs out, hence the barrier.

#22 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1763 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:44 PM

I always check Wikipedia's games with gold page. They tell you if a different region has a different game for that month. They've always been accurate.

It only seems to work with Xbox one games. 360 games don't show the free price.

Just looked at the wiki, yep missing a few I'm semi interested. I do see other regions getting repeats where NA games never repeat. Maybe some of the ones I missed from other regions might come back. ;)

#23 Stoic Person Eater   Murder City Pandas CAGiversary!   2961 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Stoic Person Eater

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:10 PM

Clicked through a few things while I was signed into my account. Hopefully, it was free.

#24 BronsonsArmor   Comic Books and Coffee CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

BronsonsArmor

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:38 PM

Support on the video has been amazing guys!
I've been a long time user on CAG, and have never really been quick enough to post any worthwhile deals, so I'm just glad I was able to give back to the community a bit!

#25 victimsofadown   Lurker CAGiversary!   670 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

victimsofadown

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:52 PM

Thank You! My girlfriend liked the demo, but the game never went on a good sale before going OOP. This was crazy helpful!
Posted Image

#26 elarcadia  

elarcadia

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

This is exactly why I didn't do it...I just didn't want to take the risk.

#27 BudzMcGee   Clearance Bin Review CAGiversary!   3651 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:26 PM

Just to note, this was posted in the "Free Xbox Live" thread in contest and free stuff a while back. If you have an Xbox and don't check that thread regularly you're missing out. 

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
Backlog-Quest-II.jpg?resize=306%2C160
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Get money back for purchases at Target, Best Buy and more with Ibotta (My Referral Link).

#28 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16865 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:58 PM

Come on, you should know as well as anybody that that had everything to do with region switching, VPNs, and generally tricking the system. Going to a website, logging into your current account, and clicking a button is nowhere near the same level. The backlash that would erupt (not to mention probably a few class action lawsuits) if MS banned people who did nothing to alter their account would be off the charts. To not even give a "this offer is not available in your region" error is beyond lazy.

#29 UjnHunter   Frog Man CAGiversary!   1295 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

So is this game "Free" free... or Games With Gold (Rental) "Free"? I'm confused.

-Ujn Hunter
23u3k21.jpg

Currently Playing:
:pc: Rocksmith 2014 | :3ds: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
| :ps4: MGS: TPP | :wiiu: Bayonetta 2 | :360: MGR: Revengeance | :vita: Toukiden: The Age of Demons | :ps3: Dragon's Dogma | :ps2: Godhand | :psp: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | :xbox: Ninja Gaiden Black | :wii: The Last Story | :ds: Aliens: Infestation | :gc: P.N.03 | :gba: Rhythm Tengoku | iOS: After Burner Climax

#30 Bigburito  

Bigburito

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:56 AM

can't confirm it because I already own BattleBlock theater but if the games with gold games really are available regardless of region then  battleblock theater should be free right now as well. (not sure if this trick works with 360 games but the JP site shows that I own it so it should work.)

can't post links because I'm a turbo-lurker but searching battleblock theater on the JP site brings it up.

Edit: that makes three! https://www.microsof...er/bq30j3n2lpzx