* * * * * 3 votes

$40 on Google Express for $15 via Groupon (Game selection YMMV)

#151 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

wait so you are able to buy this multiple times?

#152 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

I can't find anything under games anymore. Did I wait  too long? The selection seems to have gotten worse.

Nevermind, searching by category is just really bad.

#153 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1017 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

I can't find anything under games anymore. Did I wait  too long? The selection seems to have gotten worse.

Nevermind, searching by category is just really bad.

I always just search for "ps4 games" or whatever, and it shows whatever's available. Usually just stuff from Fry's for me, even though one isn't anywhere near me.

#154 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8315 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:33 PM

If anyone still has one of these (or hasn't picked one up yet), Fry's has Tekken 7 on sale for $39.99 this week. Using the Groupon deal should make it about $19.xx out of pocket. Super tempted, but not sure how much I'd play it any time soon.

I saw that, but I'm in the same boat. Hopefully they'll bring the $40 DS4 deal back. My silver one was cancelled on me.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

#155 damonoxide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

damonoxide

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:46 PM

Still hoping that Crash comes back in stock or UC: TLL shows up before the 31st. Might just pick up HW2:UE for my son otherwise. I was kicking myself for not getting a DS4 while they were marked down but looks like most of them were cancelled anyway?

#156 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8315 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:22 PM

Still hoping that Crash comes back in stock or UC: TLL shows up before the 31st. Might just pick up HW2:UE for my son otherwise. I was kicking myself for not getting a DS4 while they were marked down but looks like most of them were cancelled anyway?

I received my red one last week; however, the silver one was cancelled. I should've used the coupon when the $39.99 deal started two weeks ago or so. I believe the coupon is good until the end of the month.

#157 damonoxide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

damonoxide

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:44 PM

Aye, it's good through the 31st. The Lost Legacy comes out on the 22nd, so I'm hoping....

Awesome that you got your red one. I went back and forth between silver and blue and ended up with neither because I'm an idiot. 😑

#158 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1549 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:28 PM

I ended up just getting some groceries/household supplies from Costco, lol.

#159 damonoxide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

damonoxide

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:05 AM

I guess it indirectly means I have more money to spend on games, but I really don't wanna use this coupon for cat litter or Sonicare heads haha.

Every time this thread gets bumped I get excited, hopeful that someone has found some hidden gem deal or something worth a damn has been added but nah lol.

I guess if anyone finds a really good deal on household stuff, I'd like to hear about it. -_-
PM is fine if ya don't wanna clog up the thread or it's frowned upon here. Someone help me feel like I didn't waste $15 haha

#160 Nelo Ice   Same CAGiversary!   3879 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:35 AM

Joy cons came out of stock so didn't get em :(. Guess I'll use the coupon Mario+Rabbids at the end of the month.

#161 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8315 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:10 AM

Has anyone been able to reuse a coupon code that marked invalid due to a canceled order? I tried to use my code earlier today, and I can get an invalid promo code error. I've e-mailed Groupon, and Google Express. Just curious if anyone has been successful using their promo code. Thanks!

Edit: Logged back into my account, and the code was there to use. I bought a black Dualshock 4 from Costco since they're on sale for $36.99 or so. After coupon it was ~$19 for the controller. Good luck! Also saw that Crash Bandicoot was available from Fry's. YMMV

#162 Chalupa Batman  

Chalupa Batman

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

Is this dead? Really wanted to use on uncharted lost legacy today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#163 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8315 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

Is this dead? Really wanted to use on uncharted lost legacy today

If you didn't have a coupon laying around then I believe is done for now.

#164 Chalupa Batman  

Chalupa Batman

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

If you didn't have a coupon laying around then I believe is done for now.

Damn I missed it :(

#165 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8315 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:11 PM

Damn I missed it :(

That's how I feel about the SNES Classic Pre-Orders. Can't catch a break. Hopefully they bring this $15 for $40 deal back.

#166 Chalupa Batman  

Chalupa Batman

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:11 PM

That's how I feel about the SNES Classic Pre-Orders. Can't catch a break. Hopefully they bring this $15 for $40 deal back.

Yeah that was a bloodbath today for sure

#167 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8315 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:13 PM

Yeah that was a bloodbath today for sure

I couldn't get an order in to save my life. I was able to add it to the cart, but I couldn't check out. Here's to hoping I can catch the next batch!

#168 ajourneywelove  

ajourneywelove

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

I couldn't get an order in to save my life. I was able to add it to the cart, but I couldn't check out. Here's to hoping I can catch the next batch!

That's what happened to me too - on both the Best Buy & Target websites. Said f this and drove to the nearest Gamestop and got my hands on one.

Persistence is key I guess, but there was one point where I was thinking, do I really want this to go through all this trouble? (Answer was Yes unfortunately)

Until they do an N64 Mini next year maybe. :S

#169 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8315 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:19 PM

That's what happened to me too - on both the Best Buy & Target websites. Said f this and drove to the nearest Gamestop and got my hands on one.

Persistence is key I guess, but there was one point where I was thinking, do I really want this to go through all this trouble? (Answer was Yes unfortunately)

Until they do an N64 Mini next year maybe. :S

I went to GameStop on my lunch break around 1:30PM EST, and they informed that they couldn't take pre-orders. So I wasted my lunch for nothing. Just sucks..Glad you were able to snag one though!

#170 ajourneywelove  

ajourneywelove

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:46 PM

Just placed an order on google express using the deal.. Not for games, but for groceries

We still gotta eat

#171 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5290 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

Google Express has canceled memberships, and Walmart is joining on in September. I don't see what the point of this is now since you'd have to fulfill an order minimum to get free shipping, which you can do on every retailer's site directly.

#172 ajourneywelove  

ajourneywelove

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:05 AM

Google Express has canceled memberships, and Walmart is joining on in September. I don't see what the point of this is now since you'd have to fulfill an order minimum to get free shipping, which you can do on every retailer's site directly.

We are mostly using it from the Groupon deal.

Aside from that, I agree with you... There's really no point to Google Express unless they offer lower free shipping thresholds by going through their site.

#173 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:10 AM

I went to GameStop on my lunch break around 1:30PM EST, and they informed that they couldn't take pre-orders. So I wasted my lunch for nothing. Just sucks..Glad you were able to snag one though!

You got played by your store then. I got a call at 1:13PM EST from my local prestige store. He told me he had 6 preorders available and he would hold one for me for 30 minutes if I was on the way. I made it, but just barely. 

#174 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8315 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

You got played by your store then. I got a call at 1:13PM EST from my local prestige store. He told me he had 6 preorders available and he would hold one for me for 30 minutes if I was on the way. I made it, but just barely. 

Damn...Oh well. I'll eventually get one. Thanks for the heads up!

#175 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   887 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

You lucked out big-time... buy that GS employee a Starbucks or something. The email that was sent out to GS stores specifically said no holding of preorders for SNES ... first come, first serve and must be in the store.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

#176 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

Yes, this store definitely has some "favorite customers". I've bought them dominos a couple of times in the past and it's certainly paid off on more than one occasion.

#177 diiiiiiiiing  

diiiiiiiiing

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:45 AM

anyone still have one of these $15 for 40's that they wanna sell for paypal? it expires in a few days so i figured i'd ask...

#178 Nelo Ice   Same CAGiversary!   3879 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:59 AM

Been checking all day and still no Mario+Rabbids :(. Starting to think I'll have to use my coupon on something else. \

edit: Yay Mario+Rabbids showed up just in time and ordered.