* * * * - 21 votes

SNES Classic Discussion Thread

SNES Classic Super Nintendo

#3571 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7440 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

Gamestop App won't let me progress past new billing address

Same here. I cant even get the $189.99 one to work and I've been trying since the second the stickied thread posted it.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

Spoiler

#3572 mrliquid   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

Just got back from Gamestop in the Bronx. 5 People were there to Pre-order the SNES Classic. The female cashier looked disappointed when I asked to pre-order it, and thankfully I was on time. Got one through Gamestop in person. 

Walmart completely screwed me, I contacted my credit card company and they confirmed it was Walmart themselves who canceled my SNES Classic Pre-order.  What scum bags. My order went through and walmart canceled it 5 minutes later claiming there was a payment error which was a lie my card company confirmed. I'm about to give them a nasty call right now. 

You got one didnt you? Quit crying and be happy. Most people didnt get one at all.

#3573 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7440 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:54 PM

Wasn't even trying to get one of these but happened to be at gs at the right time when picking up uncharted and preordered one anyway

Now I get one with no headache

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Your avatar is extremely appropriate Jonah.  ;)

Spoiler

#3574 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22200 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:54 PM

Target still showing that bright red "preorder now" button... when they're sold out. Fucking shit, I'm actually pissed right now because I was actually close to getting one. I'm wondering if Target had people reenter their info on purpose to slowdown checkout?:-k 

Currently playing: 

PS1 Wild Arms - :) (Mutha-fucking Wild ARMS!!) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3575 dvze  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

We did it guys. We crashed GS.

#3576 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7440 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

I'm still Fuck in' around with the GS app, but it seems like a Fuck ing futile effort. 

My GS store had 12 preorders and I was still the 3rd disappointed person walking out of there. They said employees at other stores and restaurants in the shopping center got the last preorders. I rushed over the millisecond the stickied thread was posted. At least I didn't kill anyone with vehicular manslaughter on the way there, so there is a bright side.  

Spoiler

#3577 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1995 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

cant get past the cart errors on the gamestop app but looks like the 99 dollar bundle is gone. so next cheapest now is 119

I'd gladly pay $120 for a SNES Classic.

#3578 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7440 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:59 PM

We did it guys. We crashed GS.

We should feel special. That only happens a couple times a week.  ;)

Spoiler

#3579 lakers714  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:59 PM

If you guys dont mind paying for extra bs thinkgeek has bundles 

r5gKEIn.gif

#3580 CASH1   The Producer CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

So happy that I got one. I hope you all find ways to get yours, particularly if you want it to play it.

Walking into the Gamestop, I had low expectations, but when i heard I was the 6th of the 9 they had... I was elated.

You can absolutely tell who intends to re-sell them by how they look though. It's hard to explain, but easy to tell if you see.

I was beyond frustrated all night and morning with the dot com's failing... i nearly gave up too, but I saw one of you post about heading to a Gamestop nearby and thought... well, if we're gonna go out, let's go out shooting... so I gave it a shot anyway.

Thanks to those of you who are positive and helpful! Peace be with you and your SNES classic.

#3581 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7440 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:01 PM

I'd gladly pay $120 for a SNES Classic.

I'm fine paying $189.99. Just return the BS pack in items to the store when they're delivered.

Spoiler

#3582 RabbiHick  

RabbiHick

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:01 PM

Even with a preorder in-store, it's hard to be 100 percent confident until we actually hopefully walk out of there with one on the 29th

#3583 Ivanhoe   CagMaster CAGiversary!   1831 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:02 PM

Target still showing that bright red "preorder now" button... when they're sold out. Fucking shit, I'm actually pissed right now because I was actually close to getting one. I'm wondering if Target had people reenter their info on purpose to slowdown checkout? :-k

doubtful, more then likely just site crashes due to traffic. I would guess there will be a few more opportunities randomly thoughout the days ahead on all of these websites. 

I was able to add to cart 2 different random times at target and then unable to checkout.

gamestop.com is completely offline for ... "maintenance" ...

#3584 MakMan333  

Thanks

It's not that good.  But I like the wacky characters.-Mooby

#3585 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6072 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Thanks to those of you who are positive and helpful!

You can absolutely tell who intends to re-sell them by how they look though. It's hard to explain, but easy to tell if you see.

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#3586 WaveGod  

So much salt.

#3587 PeeDeeJay   Who stole my hat? CAGiversary!   698 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

PeeDeeJay

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

I'm still Fuck in' around with the GS app, but it seems like a Fuck ing futile effort.

My GS store had 12 preorders and I was still the 3rd disappointed person walking out of there. They said employees at other stores and restaurants in the shopping center got the last preorders. I rushed over the millisecond the stickied thread was posted. At least I didn't kill anyone with vehicular manslaughter on the way there, so there is a bright side.

Yeah but some of those people could've been your competition... and you let them get away.

#3588 Tora Chan   Making gainz and taking names CAGiversary!   588 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

I honestly feel guilty for being able to get one while other people struggle.

Travis2310.png

#3589 MakMan333  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

Preorder button is still up but it won't add to cart. 

It's not that good.  But I like the wacky characters.-Mooby

#3590 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7440 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

I've been trying thinkgeek, but I cant even get any of them added to the cart

Spoiler

#3591 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

I was upset till I remember I got the Amazon UK order.

zNmz5OX.jpg

#3592 CASH1   The Producer CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

Thanks to those of you who are positive and helpful!

The re-sellers have a certain "used car salesman" look. Like Gus from the Simpsons.

Nothing "gamer" about them. They look and act like they're just trying to make a buck. Calls 'em like I sees 'em...

#3593 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   1921 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:07 PM

I managed to get one in store after waiting around an hour for the system to come up. My store only got 4 preorders and I was number 3. The clerk started taking down peoples numbers for when it came up, and I was not about to play that game.

Honestly though, Ill also admit, this whole thing is so ridiculous.

Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#3594 Linus_  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:08 PM

I was upset till I remember I got the Amazon UK order.

My German Amazon Pre Order is still good to, for now. 

#3595 mchittumjr  

Even with a preorder in-store, it's hard to be 100 percent confident until we actually hopefully walk out of there with one on the 29th

This is why I just decided to pay the full price with credit card instead of gift cards. Didn't want any trip ups, throwing the gc out or them saying I never preordered. 

#3596 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1892 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

My GS was out when I got there. I have one pre-order at BB and that weird one on amazon. Not feeling too confident in any of them to be honest lol

#3597 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22200 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Well, at least I know I'm SOL on this at the moment... gonna say Fuck it and hope I just randomly find one at some point. 

Currently playing: 

PS1 Wild Arms - :) (Mutha-fucking Wild ARMS!!) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3598 uglyteradon   CAG-tastrophe! CAGiversary!   1077 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

uglyteradon

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:09 PM

Was the third person at the GameStop by my work. Walked in and the woman behind the counter said that it wasn't coming up on the POS so they couldn't pre-order it. More people started filing in and she asked us if we wanted to get a callback (lol no) or to wait outside. So we all go outside and wait until another coworker arrives and the line fills up to about 50 people.

They provide updates while they try and figure out what's going on and eventually let the first two people inside. Then they ask me and the next person to come inside to order it and I walk up to the POS and they are bundles through the GS Online Cart? I had to order it via a bundle (comes with a book) and got it for $112 when all was said and done.

Took forever to get through the cart but eventually it was able to work... so it doesn't seem that this store did brick and mortar preorders as this will be shipped to my house. Does that mean that the store will be getting them at some point? Looking for some clarification here as I'm not familiar with how the newer POS works since I haven't worked there in 7 years.

Ugly, like you.

#3599 Sam Beckett  

Sam Beckett

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

thinkgeak doesnt work... fu

#3600 fairyland   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

fairyland

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

YESSS!  I rushed over to Gamestop and their computers had crashed over this.  They said it happens every time something big happens, which is nearly every week it seems.  LOL  I was third in line for one and they had only 10 in stock. O_O;  The other buyers were store employees from other places in the strip plaza on their breaks and were a little worried about getting back as it was taking a long time to reboot the PCs.  LOL  I joked that I wanted to buy all 10. LOL  

Seriously they should have had at least 100 per store and that still wouldn't have been enough to get any though the day.  The calls was starting flooding in about this as well when I was checking out!  I was worried about them canceling, but the clerk girl said I got there very early and I should get one as this was the first time they had preorders for these.  It's the later waves of pre-orders that sometimes get canceled.  

Man, I'm so excited as I really wanted this really badly.  I'll be flipping quite a few tables if they cancel out as I paid in full on it.  GRR!  LOL!  So I'm hoping I do get one, as my next real option is camping out overnight somewhere to get one of the 2 that every store will probably be alloted.  LOL  

test1.png