* * * * - 22 votes

SNES Classic Discussion Thread

SNES Classic Super Nintendo

#4231 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   4856 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:06 PM

If that tweet is accurate, that means every TRU will have between 30 and 90 units. That is a very respectable number. It's possible they have more to give out since they never opened up online preorders, but there was evidence in that chain also that walmarts are getting at least 30 as well. They will still be selling out instantly, but those are at least respectable launch shipments. As others have pointed out, it all boils down to how well N does restocking quickly.

It will also be interesting to see if they let stores like gamestop do more pre orders once it turns out that there will be plenty of stock.  

"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#4232 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6215 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

If that tweet is accurate, that means every TRU will have between 30 and 90 units. That is a very respectable number. It's possible they have more to give out since they never opened up online preorders, but there was evidence in that chain also that walmarts are getting at least 30 as well. They will still be selling out instantly, but those are at least respectable launch shipments. As others have pointed out, it all boils down to how well N does restocking quickly.

Now everyone can buy 3-5 units for their friends. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#4233 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:47 PM

https://press-start....er-information/

looks like JB Hi-Fi is shipping out preorders soon

#4234 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:21 AM

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

with the adaptor and postcards dead

#4235 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:33 AM

https://www.amazon.c...uct/B075MK6THW/ without the adaptor is still live

#4236 Omgrusyrius  

Omgrusyrius

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:02 AM

Damn. Did not to my homework and literally missed all the super famicom preorders while driving home. 

https://gamewith.jp/.../61075?from=ios

#4237 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2258 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:15 AM

Still don't get the madness over these. Sure, there's nostalgia but can't help but think that more than half of the anxiety here is just a bubble created by the NES scarcity (which will now be taken care of with a reissue), and of course the dreadful scalpers.

No way is this thing worth any headache over. Grew up playing some of these games but not sure i'd play any of these much now. Only way I bother is if I see one while i'm at a store ... And even then, maybe.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#4238 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   4856 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:12 AM

Damn. Did not to my homework and literally missed all the super famicom preorders while driving home. 

https://gamewith.jp/.../61075?from=ios

LOL it shows as in stock for 451$ (50000 yen) from a third party seller.  

edit

play asia says "preorder soon" it used to say something else?

Announced - Pre-orders opening soon. Expected to ship:Oct 05, 2017

"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#4239 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:41 PM

LOL it shows as in stock for 451$ (50000 yen) from a third party seller.  

edit
play asia says "preorder soon" it used to say something else?

Announced - Pre-orders opening soon. Expected to ship:Oct 05, 2017

they always said soon... but if nin nin games charges scalpers prices then play asia will

#4240 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:56 PM

https://mobile.twitt...475212160204800

#4241 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2826 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:55 PM

Now I am debating should u cancel my Amazon fr order and try to get one on launch day. Not to mention there is a chance they will cancel the order.

#4242 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22233 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:58 PM

Now I am debating should u cancel my Amazon fr order and try to get one on launch day. Not to mention there is a chance they will cancel the order.

Was about to post the same thing. I have a UK and Germany pre-order... but all signs seem to suggest Nintendo is actually making more this time around. I might not get them right off the bat but that it should be easier to find as time goes on. 

Currently playing: 

PS1 Wild Arms - :) (Mutha-fucking Wild ARMS!!) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4243 JEW UNIT   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:02 PM

Was about to post the same thing. I have a UK and Germany pre-order... but all signs seem to suggest Nintendo is actually making more this time around. I might not get them right off the bat but that it should be easier to find as time goes on.

That's what they said about the NES classic and the Switch lol. 

Posted Image

#4244 podunk320   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

podunk320

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

Exactly! Some people just keep falling for the same 'ol trick. I learned my lesson after hearing the same thing from Nintendo about amiibos the last few years

#4245 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

Not like this they didn't.  The Switch was known to be in short supply, they never pretended otherwise - just promised to get more out there.  And as far as the NES, they did not have the expectations they do this time.  "More on release day than all of the last year" is a pretty good commitment to fixing it, as is ending the idea they would stop making them at the end of the year.  And they announced the NES is coming back.

They cannot make the NES debacle go away, but they have at least addressed it and signs are pointing towards them following through.

#4246 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22233 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:48 PM

But they did say that SNES production would continue to 2018. And they're also bring the NES Classic back. Yeah, it took them long enough to figure it out but at least they did. 

Plus, at this point, I'm not expecting to get a US release anyway so even though I still plan on looking, if I don't get one, I don't. .:lol: 

Currently playing: 

PS1 Wild Arms - :) (Mutha-fucking Wild ARMS!!) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4247 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2826 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:34 PM

But they did say that SNES production would continue to 2018. And they're also bring the NES Classic back. Yeah, it took them long enough to figure it out but at least they did. 

Plus, at this point, I'm not expecting to get a US release anyway so even though I still plan on looking, if I don't get one, I don't. . :lol:

They also said they can not going to stop mading nes mini and 2 month later they did exactly that

#4248 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2826 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:38 PM

The thing is "should".  There can be more supplies but that doesn't meant anything if they are beign snatch up faster

#4249 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:39 AM

I have one pre-ordered from Amazon.de which is the one I want.  I need to get a USB AC Adapter for it.  Is there a Nintendo branded version?  I have been burned by secondary market peripherals in the past.  The American version would be fine, but they were never up for pre-order when I had time.  As of now, I am slated to be at work on the 29th all morning.

I am glad there appears to be a lot more shipping of this than the NES Classic. 

#4250 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6264 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:13 AM

Planning to just use my phone or kindle ac usb adapter. 

#4251 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6789 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

Well now that it's official, don't expect Toys R Us to actually get new product including the SNES Classic.  They will probably still be able to get suppliers to provide inventory including it, but I'd look longer and harder at other options come September 29th.

https://www.forbes.c...y/#1a9be6f2574a

http://abcnews.go.co...zation-49944737

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#4252 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1722 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:52 PM

There is nothing in that story that suggest today's bankruptcy filing will have any effect on SNES stock. Launch stock has already been allocated to stores anyways, each TRU store is getting approximately 50 for launch.
Both those stories are essentially the same though the ABC story goes a little more in depth as far as vendors sending more stock to other stores rather than TRU though specific vendors aren't named. The vendors were doing this in the lead up to the bankruptcy rumors. Now that TRU has filed for debt restructuring and there are no announced store closures it will be back to business as usual especially, as the stories note, for us the consumer.
More than likely, I would imagine, the holiday season will continue as normal, they will hope to have a strong season, and if not they will probably announce some store closures.
Future shipments of SNES could be affected but again, these stories shed no specific light on that at all. Even if that were true it means the other big retailers will get what was theoretically allocated to TRU, essentially having no bearing whatsoever on people trying to get one.

#4253 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5714 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:45 PM

Well now that it's official, don't expect Toys R Us to actually get new product including the SNES Classic.  They will probably still be able to get suppliers to provide inventory including it, but I'd look longer and harder at other options come September 29th.

https://www.forbes.c...y/#1a9be6f2574a

http://abcnews.go.co...zation-49944737

This means nothing. They filed Chapter 11 which means they are trying to stay in business as appose to selling off their assets and closing shop. Their chances of getting more SNESC is the same as any other store.

#4254 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1722 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:32 AM

Walmarts are getting their shipments in. Punch your zip code in Brickseek and you'll see local stock http://brickseek.com...r?sku=741659089

#4255 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12964 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:01 AM

Looks like every store is getting one shipment of at least 33 around me. One store got double the amount so hopefully each store is getting 100 and has yet to receive their allocation yet. My guess is the mad dash to grab these and resell will happen at first and flare up closer to Christmas but will likely be easier to get this time around.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#4256 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6858 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

Crazy seeing how many the Northeast got in.

LPsaWXFm.jpg

538822.png

#4257 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6789 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

Walmarts are getting their shipments in. Punch your zip code in Brickseek and you'll see local stock http://brickseek.com...r?sku=741659089

Thanks...still showing big fat zeroes in LA both for Walmart and Target.  BTW, even if you could somehow get your hands on one early in store, I assume these would be locked out at the register from sale prior to 9/29?

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#4258 TheNeck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   561 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:40 PM

here in the inland empire a few walmarts show them in stock, not as many as i was hoping.

isqKcjo.jpg

#4259 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6215 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

They don't come out for 8 days yet.  That is not the full amount of stock.  All stores here still show zero. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#4260 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:20 PM

They don't come out for 8 days yet.  That is not the full amount of stock.  All stores here still show zero. 

t

the probably didn't check them in yet

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SNES, Classic, Super Nintendo