* * * * - 22 votes

SNES Classic Discussion Thread

SNES Classic Super Nintendo

#2041 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9632 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:28 PM

Well I just hope they are releasing more than you guys think. Someone from Ninty said that there were releasing more of these in the uk than for the entire world with the NES classic. Hopefully thats true for the U.S. too

There will never be enough of these things.  It will be the same result as last time.  Nintendo will make twice as many SNES classics, and people will hoard twice as many of them. 

Spoiler

#2042 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4018 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

I have one, but not for sale; sorry!

I guess the part where I asked "Anyone have an official NES Classic extra controller for sale lol?" was misinterpreted by you as "Anyone have an official NES Classic extra controller?  If so, would you be willing to sell it?".

I get it though.  Reading is tough these days.

#2043 Chimeratwin  

Chimeratwin

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:45 PM

I have a $1.27 transaction pending from Amazon.uk I am hoping this is good news in some way. I went in and changed my delivery method to Amazon Global, a little more expensive but well worth it if they actually ship to me. 

Still waiting on the US preorders. I missed out with the NES Classic, the only way I was able to get one was my sister worked Walmart and took her break when she saw they had a shipment and bought it for me. 

#2044 MakMan333  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:53 PM

I have a $1.27 transaction pending from Amazon.uk I am hoping this is good news in some way. I went in and changed my delivery method to Amazon Global, a little more expensive but well worth it if they actually ship to me. 

Still waiting on the US preorders. I missed out with the NES Classic, the only way I was able to get one was my sister worked Walmart and took her break when she saw they had a shipment and bought it for me. 

The 1.27 is basically a hold to make sure it's a valid card. Doesn't mean much of anything, sadly. 

#2045 grumpier   What is this thing besides my name? CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

grumpier

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:54 PM

£1 = $1.27 the day you ordered most likely. I got the same charge on mine. It's a preauthorizatuon to validate its an active card. Just like gas shows as a $1 here at a lot of gas stations.

#2046 Chimeratwin  

Chimeratwin

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:55 PM

The 1.27 is basically a hold to make sure it's a valid card. Doesn't mean much of anything, sadly. 

I wonder why Amazon US doesn't do that. 

#2047 INCyr   Devotee of CAGthulhu CAGiversary!   1291 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:56 PM

I'd drop Super Punch Out and put in Turtles in Time.  But the original, not the screwed up version that showed up on the 360.

Also be wiling to drop Kirby's Dream course, and add in Secret of Evermore or Illusion of Gaia.

Gah, the SNES had so many great games, it's so hard to choose.

Edit: after reviewing, I have to agree, Kirby's Dream Course is... ignorable.  Would definitely drop that before Punch out, but would likely drop both pretty quickly given the chance.

#2048 grumpier   What is this thing besides my name? CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

grumpier

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:57 PM

I wonder why Amazon US doesn't do that.

They probably do the first time you use that card.

#2049 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:58 PM

Happy birthday!

Thank you!

Well you are a bit of a prick aren't you?

That was not my intention; I was just being honest :\

#2050 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:01 AM

They probably do the first time you use that card.

They do. 

#2051 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:01 AM

I guess the part where I asked "Anyone have an official NES Classic extra controller for sale lol?" was misinterpreted by you as "Anyone have an official NES Classic extra controller? If so, would you be willing to sell it?".
I get it though. Reading is tough these days.

Says the asshole without an extra NES Classic controller.

#2052 Giant_Gamer  

Giant_Gamer

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:06 AM

I know, I just don't know how you're using both 33/66% and 26.6%. One's ~1/3 and one's ~1/4.

Oh, sorry for being unclear. 33/66% was my rough "no calculator estimate".

613627066988129cfe8e0ad57bd5e0c0f9d3b71a

Let's look at this chart. I was referencing both the subtracted distance (blue 75% in example) of the cost of the Switch and the added distance (purple 25%). The total cost of the Switch is 100%, the cost of the SNES classic to the Switch is calculated out to 26.6%. Then to figure out how much the price has been reduced from the compared Switch to the cost of the SNES C... you take the 100% and subtract 26.6% and get the remaining percent result of 73.4%.

So in conclusion, the SNES Classic is 26.6% the cost of a Nintendo Switch.

(or written another way; the SNES is like a 73.4% cheaper product then the Nintendo Switch)

The confusion came when I did not fully state why I was quoting both sides of the percentage. (and that I was rounding the value to 33% (1/3), instead of 25%(1/4))

This seems like a correct use of Steiner math to me.

Now that I have explained all of that to you, you must join the cause. PDJ I dub thee assistant #9 "Tinyhelm", It is the will of Steins Gate!!

#2053 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2894 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:08 AM

Can we all agree Chrono Trigger should be on this thing? Come on, guys, let's get together on one thing at least!

#2054 Ibacai  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:13 AM

Can we all agree Chrono Trigger should be on this thing? Come on, guys, let's get together on one thing at least!

Agreed, but if you think about it, SE probably has plans for Chrono Trigger or the universe in the future. FFVI has been bled dry for the most part, same with Mana. They are easy to give up.

Looks like we might get another Chrono game or remake in the next few years.

#2055 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:14 AM

Final Fantasy III is a better game than Chrono Trigger. I'd rather have Illusion of Gaia or it's sequel, that was never released in the US, Terranigma. 

#2056 Linus_  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:14 AM

Chrono Trigger, Actraiser, and Turtles in Time should have been a must. But oh well. Its Nintendo they don't exactly ever give what fans actually want.

#2057 OldSchoolGaming4Life   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   754 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

OldSchoolGaming4Life

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:15 AM

The lack of TMNT: Turtles in Time, TMNT: Tournament Fighters, Mortal Kombat II, World Heroes, Fatal Fury, NBA Jam: Tournament Edition, and (the rare) Super Mario All-Stars + World, is really disheartening :/. Also titles like Monopoly, Aladdin, Earthworm Jim, WWF Raw, WWF Royal Rumble, WWF Wrestlemania, Rushing Beat, Super R-Type, etc. I mean, I get the struggles with licensing issues, but I wish they had tried to work with license holders to include these, and just jack up the price. Even if it meant 2-3 times the price. It would have been worth it.

#2058 donny2112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

donny2112

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:16 AM

I like Kirby's Dream Course.  Mini-Golf games are nice.  Hacking will bring the missing others, most likely.

#2059 INCyr   Devotee of CAGthulhu CAGiversary!   1291 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:16 AM

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of it, but it was seminal, and probably has a place on it.  I wish they had bumped the cost up to $99 and included a few more games:

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Evermore

Illusion of Gaia

Turtles in Time

...I don't know, maybe DKC2 or Soul Blazer as well?  There are just too many good games to choose from.

#2060 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:17 AM

For sheer quality of games, Chrono Trigger absolutely should have made the cut. Most of these games are the greatest of their generation, but Chrono Trigger is still a better game, more critically acclaimed and more beloved than over half of them.

But if I had to pick something instead of Kirbyville Dream Course or Ghouls and Ghosts, I would definitely throw in Terranigma and Turtles in Time.

#2061 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1169 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:20 AM

Chrontrigger probably not there because it's currently profitable. Big price to get a license.

#2062 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9632 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:24 AM

Yeah my biggest picks to add would be:

-Secret of Evermore

-E.V.O. Search for Eden

-Zombies Ate my Neighbors

-Chrono Trigger / FF2

Nintendo did a great job on the lineup though regardless. It would be damn near complete with a few minor additions. 

#2063 DS9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   501 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:27 AM

Obviously more games would be preferable, but a significant number of NES Classic games were pretty lousy. Balloon Fight? Dr. Mario? Ice Climber? Castlevania II?

Pretty much every title on the SNES is a slam dunk.

Could have had 9 more Slam Dunks for the same price.

DKC 2, 3

Dracula X

Pilotwings

Chrono Trigger

Actraiser

Mega Man X2, X3

Final Fantasy II

TMNT

Star Wars Games (maybe not)

Killer Instinct

R-Type III

Gradius III

Super Bomberman

Harvest Moon

Demons Crest

Breath of Fire I, II

Tetris Attack

#2064 BiggNick   One Man Army CAGiversary!   719 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:32 AM

As bearranza said, Illusion of Gaia would have been cool too. I think I still have the shirt that came with that somewhere...and of course E.V.O.

#2065 jjks   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:33 AM

How has no one mentioned the lack of Boogerman in this thread yet?

#2066 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5088 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:35 AM

Could have had 9 more Slam Dunks for the same price.

DKC 2, 3
Dracula X
Pilotwings
Chrono Trigger
Actraiser
Mega Man X2, X3
Final Fantasy II
TMNT
Star Wars Games (maybe not)
Killer Instinct
R-Type III
Gradius III
Super Bomberman
Harvest Moon
Demons Crest
Breath of Fire I, II
Tetris Attack

They need a part 2 snes classic in a few years with all of these games because that is an impressive launch list right there

#2067 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5239 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:39 AM

Agreed, but if you think about it, SE probably has plans for Chrono Trigger or the universe in the future. FFVI has been bled dry for the most part, same with Mana. They are easy to give up.

Looks like we might get another Chrono game or remake in the next few years.

I wish but they are done with the Chrono franchise. SE has gone on the record saying that the poor sales of CT on the DS showed them there was not enough interest to revive Chrono Break. Based on the junk that's been spewing out from them in the last few years that's probably a blessing. It's their only franchise they haven't F'd up (Not a KH fan so idk if that's had issues). I'd hate for them to release a colossal turd and call it Chrono anything. Let the legacy remain pure imo and that's really hard to swallow coming from a guy who literally took part of his screen name from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2068 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:39 AM

Oh man, EVO was such a weird but amazing game. I played through that probably 15 times.

Maybe it's just related to my age but I just can't place any console above the SNES because there were so many great games.

#2069 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:41 AM

I wish but they are done with the Chrono franchise. SE has gone on the record saying that the poor sales of CT on the DS showed them there was not enough interest to revive Chrono Break. Based on the junk that's been spewing out from them in the last few years that's probably a blessing. It's their only franchise they haven't F'd up (Not a KH fan so idk if that's had issues). I'd hate for them to release a colossal turd and call it Chrono anything. Let the legacy remain pure imo and that's really hard to swallow coming from a guy who literally took part of his screen name from it.

Chrono Cross already exists so half of the Chrono games are bad as it is

#2070 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5239 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:44 AM

Chrono Cross already exists so half of the Chrono games are bad as it is

Cross and was amazing. Also there is a third game out there. Google Radical Dreamers.
Your argument is invalid. But of course I might be just a little biased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SNES, Classic, Super Nintendo