* * * - - 10 votes

SNES Classic Thread

SNES Classic Super Nintendo

#1351 elessar123  

Posted Today, 05:28 AM

Beat them to market and had more than double the games. But no one cared because.....sega. Sega has made some great games, but they sure don't have the marketing and trolling skills Nintendo does.

No one cared because they always release Sega ultimate mixes anyways, e.g. Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection.

Spoiler

#1352 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   4687 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:32 AM

Serious question, did GameStop b&m take preorders for the nes classic last year? If so, they will likely take preorders on the snes.

I don't understand how a juggernaut like Amazon sells through their presale allotment in minutes. As I understand GameStop w is or was the games retail giant, if their b&m takes reorders that would kill the need for refreshing on here for the unfortunate guys who missed out on a eu console
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#1353 Garce17  

Posted Today, 05:33 AM

Serious question, did GameStop b&m take preorders for the nes classic last year? If so, they will likely take preorders on the snes.

I don't understand how a juggernaut like Amazon sells through their presale allotment in minutes. As I understand GameStop w is or was the games retail giant, if their b&m takes reorders that would kill the need for refreshing on here for the unfortunate guys who missed out on a eu console

I believe they did not. At least the ones around me did not

#1354 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   884 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted Today, 05:33 AM

They didn't. Nobody did except for Target and Toysrus to my knowledge. And Amazon sold out in less than a minute. I know because I missed out on that one.

#1355 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted Today, 05:34 AM

i believe gamestop did preorders but only for game bundles. I'm not sure myself it's been a year

#1356 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:37 AM

Nope, just Target and Toys R Us. Pretty sure they ended up canceling some pre-orders too.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Tekken 7 & Farpoint VR |  :xb1: Skyrim |  Switch Cave Story + & Ultra Street Fighter 2 | SNES Bonkers

#1357 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2668 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:37 AM

No one cared because they always release Sega ultimate mixes anyways, e.g. Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection.

So does Nintendo. Just costs more, the OG SMB has been released a lot. All stars (twice), GBC, Advance, 3DS VC, Wii VC, Wii U VC.

772836.png

#1358 thegame956   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   544 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

thegame956

Posted Today, 05:45 AM

Starting to think no preorders are gonna happen just sale the day of

#1359 elessar123  

Posted Today, 05:52 AM

So does Nintendo. Just costs more, the OG SMB has been released a lot. All stars (twice), GBC, Advance, 3DS VC, Wii VC, Wii U VC.

They were released sparsely, on 3 systems. There wasn't a compilation of games at all.
Earthbound was on the Wii U, which the masses didn't buy.
Star Fox wasn't released, and Star Fox 2 obviously wasn't.
Contra III absolutely needed 2 classic controllers to co-op, which would make it near $50 just to play one game on the Wii.
Secret of Mana was fine on the Wii, but that's still been awhile for a relatively well-regarded title.

Plus, there's some people who are very turned off by Nintendo's digital service, where they make you buy it 3 times at full price, etc.

Spoiler

#1360 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   4687 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:53 AM

Nope, just Target and Toys R Us. Pretty sure they ended up canceling some pre-orders too.

They only made 2 million of the nes classic, the snes classic with games like ff3, metroid, earthbound, dkc, should sell like 10m just on the presales

While the nes was a good system and groundbreaking there is no denying final fantasy 3 blows away final fantasy 1 and that dkc blows away the original donkey Kong so much so that I would anticipate a much higher sales for this snes classic compared to the nes classic, surely Nintendo wants money?

Posted Image

#1361 FunkyDawg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:03 AM

I think if Nintendo produces enough, the SNES Mini may have better sales than the Xbox One X over the holiday season which is mind blowing.... Fuck ing Nintendo.

I also doubt Sega joins this race as they have already created smaller scale Sega Genesis in the past with like 20-30 games. I think Atari did something similar a bit ago too. I remember seeing them for like $30-40 a year or two ago. No HDMI though. A PSOne may be interesting though. 

#1362 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted Today, 06:05 AM

any other site that will have the Japan version? besides nin nin and play-asia

#1363 Nightcrawler13   Go Stros! CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Nightcrawler13

Posted Today, 06:06 AM

I think if Nintendo produces enough, the SNES Mini may have better sales than the Xbox One X over the holiday season which is mind blowing.... Fuck ing Nintendo.

I also doubt Sega joins this race as they have already created smaller scale Sega Genesis in the past with like 20-30 games. I think Atari did something similar a bit ago too. I remember seeing them for like $30-40 a year or two ago. No HDMI though.

Yeah they had a few different Atari Flashback systems that didn't do too well

#1364 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   4687 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:07 AM

Yes I remember seeing an Atari stick with 50 games for five bucks thinking "what a ripoff", even with pitfall and pole position , I don't think I could play that for more than 30 seconds

Posted Image

#1365 BrokeDude509  

BrokeDude509

Posted Today, 06:14 AM

Coming soon: the hottest and saltiest action film of the summer.

From the creators that brought you Scalp Wars NES Classic

Spoiler

But what do the critics say about this movie? I must know

#1366 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   142 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted Today, 06:18 AM

I also doubt Sega joins this race as they have already created smaller scale Sega Genesis in the past with like 20-30 games. I think Atari did something similar a bit ago too. I remember seeing them for like $30-40 a year or two ago. No HDMI though. A PSOne may be interesting though.

AtGames has a new Genesis Flashback coming out later this year with HDMI, save states, wireless 2.4 GHz controllers, a cartridge slot, and the usual built in games. Looks like an old school mini first gen model. AtGames hasn't been known for quality emulation in the past but I'll probably get this one.

https://www.polygon....console-premium

#1367 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   4687 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:30 AM

A sega cd reboot could be good with sonic cd, vay, the lunar games, slipheed etc but I won't hold my breath on that, no way working designs agrees to it(does working designs even exist anymore?)

Posted Image

#1368 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1488 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:34 AM

A sega cd reboot could be good with sonic cd, vay, the lunar games, slipheed etc but I won't hold my breath on that, no way working designs agrees to it(does working designs even exist anymore?)

No, they don't and

.200_s.gif

#1369 FunkyDawg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:38 AM

This would be amazing. There are some good Sega CD & Saturn games that would be fun to play again or for the first time....

#1370 thegame956   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   544 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

thegame956

Posted Today, 06:46 AM

This would be amazing. There are some good Sega CD & Saturn games that would be fun to play again or for the first time....

As long as it has snatcher and rise of the dragon , take my money sega!

#1371 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3918 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:48 AM

A few things in favor of this being less of a shitshow than the NES Classic:

- Nintendo is slow to learn and adapt, but they MUST see now that there's a demand for this and increase production. ...right? RIGHT?

- Hopefully fewer games + higher price point makes this more profitable for Nintendo than the NES C. With the thin margins (including 3rd party licenses) on that device, I'm sure it wasn't worth it for them to keep making them. Especially considering:

- The Nintendo Online service is only confirmed to have NES games in its library. I'm sure that was a factor in killing the NES C early. The SNES C can comfortably exist alongside the online service, as it won't directly compete.

- Original rumors said that Nintendo killed the NES Classic to focus on the SNES Classic so in theory they've been in production for some time.

ALL THAT SAID, because everyone will expect this to be super limited, no matter how well the SNES Classic ends up being stocked it will be impossible to get for a while because scalpers will buy them all. I expect a big reason Nintendo is releasing this in September is so that the supply chain has a chance to even out before holiday shopping season. We'll see if that plan works for them.

Well they already said they will only be producing this product Sept through Dec.

#1372 thegame956   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   544 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

thegame956

Posted Today, 06:50 AM

I doubt Nintendo really cares who ends up buying it as long as they sell the stock made

#1373 Thomas96   I am Thomaticus! CAGiversary!   6018 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Thomas96

Posted Today, 06:51 AM

Nintendo could have worked on a NES and SNES classic and had both on shelves last year and/or this year.   

Posted Image

#1374 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1488 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:57 AM

So I'm skimming over the pages, playing catch up of the last 6 or so hours while I slept.  The only thing note worthy to happen was best buy put up a picture correct?  No amazon france preorders or amazon canada bottle of molsen bundle?

#1375 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1362 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted Today, 07:09 AM

So I'm skimming over the pages, playing catch up of the last 6 or so hours while I slept. The only thing note worthy to happen was best buy put up a picture correct? No amazon france preorders or amazon canada bottle of molsen bundle?

I think the signal for preorders going live is when you log into CAG and have 1,000+ new notifications.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#1376 Cagg  

Posted Today, 08:06 AM

It's 3:00 a.m. Time for pre-orders to go live.