* * * * - 17 votes

XBL Deals - 2017, Part II

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#7561 Sielanas  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:46 PM

So less than a week in an MMO and complaining about lack of content? Sounds normal for super-hardcore player, will take a while for normal people to even come close. I'm interested to try it when it hits PC and cheap, so probably whenever the bundle that includes the first expansions becomes a thing.

Edit to respond to the post about 2nd/3rd character leveling: So... cheating? Not explicitly, but pretty much. Fuck off if you do that and then complain because you took shortcuts.

191839_b359839b3d00807e.png

#7562 MOStateSuperman   I eat birds and planes for breakfast. CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

MOStateSuperman

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:16 PM

It may not be perfect, but I will say this - if I put as much time into many games as I have into Destiny 2 so far, I would have run out of things to do a long time ago. The cap is crap (can I copyright that?), but I think I've been playing this game a little harder that I would a game with more finite design. Part of the issue is the push to rush to endgame...and there's just not as much there yet as we had at the end of the D1 lifecycle. 

#7563 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

Edit to respond to the post about 2nd/3rd character leveling: So... cheating? Not explicitly, but pretty much. Fuck off if you do that and then complain because you took shortcuts.

That is a crazy hardline approach to cheating. Using an in game system is not an exploit. What is shared storage for, other than to give your alts a leg up on leveling?

*edit* Nevermind, I re-read the op and now I understand how some people are leapfrogging by passing on their current best gear, so the next character gets boosted above that. Ya, that's certainly closer to an exploit and definitely taking all the fun out of it. I should probably just go to sleep rather than starting an arguement. :)

#7564 MobileVortex  

MobileVortex

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

https://www.reddit.c...r_than_current/

Luminous Engrams have been nerfed for people making the same class to try and "power level".

I'm starting my 2nd toon soon.  I'm power lvl 289, still haven't finished the RAID.  Game is great, and I've found most of the people complaining are pretty insufferable.

#7565 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66355 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:09 PM

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#7566 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6936 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:28 PM

Well, aside from enjoying it, my biggest complement to Destiny 2 is that I’ve already played it more than I did the first game over an entire year.

Maybe I’m not “hardcore” enough to think negatively of it at this point.

#7567 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:34 PM

The list of X enhanced games has been moved to this link. Scroll to the bottom. (No longer on Major's blog.)
https://www.xbox.com...x-enhanced-list

The list grows...

uxMYg8b.jpg?2

XBL: starsleep3 .... PSN / Switch: Champloo4

1035269.png

#7568 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   2730 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:19 PM

Reading wakkawakka's post, his arguments for not liking Destiny 2 seem valid and well thought out, if you invest that much time into something to find out how hollow it is, that's not fun.

I would only play the story and have no desire to play an MMO so I'd only pick it up for like $20 or less.

#7569 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:01 PM

Halo Anniv, Halo 3, Halo 4, and ODST.

1035269.png

#7570 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   2730 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:07 PM

Welcome home John.

DLC is free:

#7571 kcobra22  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:17 PM

#7572 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

The guy who keeps asking for the 50 Cent game is my hero

VAXyo12.gif

#7573 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11105 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

... and with one fell swoop Halo BC just pretty much killed Master Chief Collection.

However, Halo MCC is the only way to:

Play all games at 60fps

Halo 1 multiplayer online. Halo CE Anniversary just added maps to Halo Reach MP.

Halo 2 campaign and multiplayer. I'm assuming the campaign part will no longer be the case once OG BC is out.

Though Halo MCC did not have firefight for Halo 3.

It's a shame they can't update the game code/logic somehow to force unlocked frame rate to achieve 60fps when the X is out.

... go to sleep.

#7574 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:29 PM

^ Excluding Reach (aka the GOAT), I sold all my 360 Halos after getting MCC. Kinda regret that now.

1035269.png

#7575 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   2730 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:30 PM

^ Excluding Reach (aka the GOAT), I sold all my 360 Halos after getting MCC. Kinda regret that now.

3 and Reach were GWG? So only 4 and ODST would be missing if you claimed all GWG.

#7576 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11105 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:39 PM

They need to make Anniversary digital, then have 4 and Anniversary GWG one month.

... go to sleep.

#7577 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8901 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

I'd also like to point out that there's people who hit 300 in the first week by simply transferring gear from their 1st character to their 2nd an 3rd character. Bringing gear over makes the 2nd character power level instantly go up to where the 1st character hit the power level wall. Do the weekly missions, automatically get higher power level gear and infuse it then transfer it to the 3rd and repeat it. Then wait a week to do it all over again. There's no incentive to play after doing the weekly activities.

Hell people skip the exotic quests or the story missions quests and get to 20 first so that story mission gives a exotic weapon that's scaled to your power level and if you're already lv 20 an 290, you'll get a 299 exotic from the story mission. But again there's no incentive to be 300. It helps in 1 game activity that is the nightfall prestige an that's it.

So less than a week in an MMO and complaining about lack of content? Sounds normal for super-hardcore player, will take a while for normal people to even come close. I'm interested to try it when it hits PC and cheap, so probably whenever the bundle that includes the first expansions becomes a thing.

As far as I know, you can only transfer and use weapons between your characters.  You can transfer armor, but you can't use any armor from another class to infuse your gear.  I see no problem with this.

Spoiler

You have a lot of valid concerns where Bungie has made some odd decisions.  I fully expect them to fix some of these things in a quality of life patch in the near future.  One of the things I miss about D1 is the excitement for getting a piece of gear you want and then seeing that it has 2 or 3 of the perks you have to have.  I still remember when my Imago Loop dropped with Firefly and Explosive Rounds.  It didn't have Outlaw, but that was good enough for me because I was a Hunter with the quick reload perk and had Hand Cannon reload gauntlets.  And yes I know the irony of telling a story about strike-specific gear.   :)

Suffering passive aggressive Florida trash fools all my life.

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

#7578 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

Can we finally agree BC is dead? /s

#7579 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4035 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

cool addition looking forward to playing the 360 version of h3 co-op next time i'm back home as the MCC version was lots of fun

1024483.png

#7580 Mega_Douche   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Mega_Douche

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:47 PM

Don’t think it’s been mentioned here yet, or if it’s kosher on this thread, but you can preorder Forza 7 standard edition for ~35$ through the Russian Microsoft store. Also Super Lucky’s Tale is about $8.50. Thanks to Reddit for the tip,

https://www.reddit.c..._russian_store/

#7581 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2567 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:51 PM

... and with one fell swoop Halo BC just pretty much killed Master Chief Collection.

However, Halo MCC is the only way to:

Play all games at 60fps

Halo 1 multiplayer online. Halo CE Anniversary just added maps to Halo Reach MP.

Halo 2 campaign and multiplayer. I'm assuming the campaign part will no longer be the case once OG BC is out.

Though Halo MCC did not have firefight for Halo 3.

It's a shame they can't update the game code/logic somehow to force unlocked frame rate to achieve 60fps when the X is out.

Other than resolution and framerate (which should at least be rock solid 30), every other aspect should be better in the BC version.

-Halo 3 and 4 will now have their full playlist selection with their individual ranking systems, instead of the mixed and one-per-game playlists of MCC. I'm pretty sure all the 360 Halo games still have healthy populations too.

-Halo 3 has full armor and emblem customization unlike the MCC version

-ODST's best in the series Firefight is now available.

Halo Anniversary is the only one that really has no benefit for playing the 360 version, unless you don't have Reach to access the multiplayer playlists. If MCC's online actually worked well it'd probably be better overall, but even then the limited playlists are a bummer if you really prefer one game over the others.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7582 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4035 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:52 PM

to everyone that got invites to the microsoft friends and family store forza 7 digital is 30, (against their TOS to resell codes for profit)

1024483.png

#7583 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

Don’t think it’s been mentioned here yet, or if it’s kosher on this thread, but you can preorder Forza 7 standard edition for ~35$ through the Russian Microsoft store. Also Super Lucky’s Tale is about $8.50. Thanks to Reddit for the tip,

https://www.reddit.c..._russian_store/

I’m pretty sure this is bannable?

VAXyo12.gif

#7584 MOStateSuperman   I eat birds and planes for breakfast. CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

MOStateSuperman

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:07 PM

Given the discussion about changing billing addresses, etc, I would say yes. Definitely not something I would risk. 

#7585 MOStateSuperman   I eat birds and planes for breakfast. CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

MOStateSuperman

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

to everyone that got invites to the microsoft friends and family store forza 7 digital is 30, (against their TOS to resell codes for profit)

Is this something different than the employee/alumni store? How are folks getting invites?

#7586 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2567 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

I'm a little over halfway through the original Nier on 360 now. Now that there is a lot of shit on screen at once, performance seems to be buckling, but I'm not sure if it's the game, my disc, or my console. When a lot is happening I get pretty minor frame drops, but major audio issues. Some kind of stutter in the sound. Then as I was wrapping up last night I was getting huge slowdown in the main town while nothing was happening.

I bought the disc used and it was moderately scratched up, but it installed on the HDD fine so I think that should mean it's not an issue. I don't see any real complaints about performance in general, so my next thought is that my 6 hour session on my 10 year old console may have been the culprit. Any thoughts?

I wish it would go BC but I'll probably be done by this time next week.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7587 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4035 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

Is this something different than the employee/alumni store? How are folks getting invites?

not sure, I got an invite when a member was giving some out in the free/giveaway section, no idea if he still has invites

1024483.png

#7588 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2567 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

I'm not sure since you're buying currency instead exploiting a free glitch like the Oman Wars. I know alt accounts making legit purchases is allowed on PS4 and Switch, but I don't remember on Xbox.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7589 LemonThumps  

LemonThumps

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:26 PM

Anyone try installing Halo 3 from a disc yet? I keep getting an error saying it isn't playable

Edit: Never mind I restarted my Xbox and it works

#7590 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:26 PM

It may not be perfect, but I will say this - if I put as much time into many games as I have into Destiny 2 so far, I would have run out of things to do a long time ago. The cap is crap (can I copyright that?), but I think I've been playing this game a little harder that I would a game with more finite design. Part of the issue is the push to rush to endgame...and there's just not as much there yet as we had at the end of the D1 lifecycle.

That’s a good point. The Vault of Glass wasn’t out for almost a month when D1 came out IIRC, and I didn’t even do it until after Crota DLC came out. Maybe having the raid drop in week 2 made everyone want to push for that high level super fast. Took some of the fun out of it.