* * * * - 17 votes

XBL Deals - 2017, Part II

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#12511 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8978 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

Played a bit of Battlefront 2’s MP. Love the gameplay but the loot crate system still sucks. Fuck EA

#12512 dreweth99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   239 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

dreweth99

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

Not sure. I just did a lap challenge and there was one out there with a 41 minute lap that should have only taken around a minute, so that was super easy to beat and it unlocked it for me.

Edit: to be exact it was the Brands Hatch Spec Challenge

Turns out it is sill jacked up a little on Turn 10s end. When I logged back in this AM it showed 1/3. When I did another one it was stuck at 1/3 until I did a third, the. It showed 2/3. So, some tracking issues still but it is counting them eventually!

#12513 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7564 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

Played a bit of Battlefront 2’s MP. Love the gameplay but the loot crate system still sucks. Fuck EA

The first three campaign missions are pretty awesome as well, everyone was saying they were eh or just okay so I didn't have high expectations but I can't wait to play more, yeah the loot crate thing sucks that you can get better abilities, at least they made it a bit harder to get the epic ones, since there's no way I can't buy this game lol

#12514 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5681 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

https://www.reddit.c...ro_spreadsheet/

#12515 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2124 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

The first three campaign missions are pretty awesome as well, everyone was saying they were eh or just okay so I didn't have high expectations but I can't wait to play more, yeah the loot crate thing sucks that you can get better abilities, at least they made it a bit harder to get the epic ones, since there's no way I can't buy this game lol

Single player was pretty nice. It doesn't look to be really re-playable though once you get through it one time. I'm gonna wait till it's under $20 to buy. I don't really do multiplayer. I wish they would sell the SP and the MP separately.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#12516 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8978 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:06 PM

That’s horrific and I’m not surprised. So pissed at this crate box trend and this seems to be one of the worst implementations of it.

Really think crates should be used like in Overwatch, where it’s all just cosmetic. This pay to win bullshit has got to stop.

Even though I love Star Wars and gameplay seems much better along with SP content, I really am thinking of canceling my preorder. It’s just disgusting.

Haven’t finished the first game but after reading this on how the X version of Wolfenstein 2 completely obliterated the PS4 Pro version, I want it now. But I’ll wait for BF.

http://www.eurogamer...-vs-pc-analysis

Have I said just how much I love my X?!??!

#12517 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5582 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:42 PM

Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 trailer here.

Intentionally not embedded to avoid video preview spoilers because seriously...um...wow.

Not into fighting games, but damn.  And then it hit me - has Nintendo ever tried to get * redacted * into Smash Bros? 

That’s horrific and I’m not surprised. So pissed at this crate box trend and this seems to be one of the worst implementations of it.

Really think crates should be used like in Overwatch, where it’s all just cosmetic. This pay to win bullshit has got to stop.

Since people are probably not going to stop buying the games, it probably won't change until some rating boards start including a gambling identifier on games with loot boxes that can be purchased with real money, and perhaps even ones that just used in-game earned credits.  It's believed that Nintendo / Game Freak removed the Game Corner slot machines from the Pokemon series because of European laws about representations of gambling in games.  The virtual console releases of the older titles, which still have the Game Corners of old, are rated PEGI 12, the minimum allowed for games that include gambling related content, while the main games since the removal of slot machines have lower age ratings.

#12518 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8978 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:47 PM

Not into fighting games, but damn. And then it hit me - has Nintendo ever tried to get * redacted * into Smash Bros?

Since people are probably not going to stop buying the games, it probably won't change until some rating boards start including a gambling identifier on games with loot boxes that can be purchased with real money, and perhaps even ones that just used in-game earned credits. It's believed that Nintendo / Game Freak removed the Game Corner slot machines from the Pokemon series because of European laws about representations of gambling in games. The virtual console releases of the older titles, which still have the Game Corners of old, are rated PEGI 12, the minimum allowed for games that include gambling related content, while the main games since the removal of slot machines have lower age ratings.

It really is gambling. You’re spending money without knowing what you’re getting. Even if you did know, however, the fact that you can gain any advantage by shelling out real cash is ridiculous. Hell, I’d even support going to $70 a game to get this shit out of gaming.

#12519 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8692 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:25 PM

I am seriously debating if I want Battlefront 2 or not. I could use a good mindless shooter and Battlefront 2 would scratch that itch but man the whole leveling system is Fuck ed. Plus I probably wont have friends to play with.

Decisions...

#12520 dreweth99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   239 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

dreweth99

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:25 PM

It really is gambling. You’re spending money without knowing what you’re getting. Even if you did know, however, the fact that you can gain any advantage by shelling out real cash is ridiculous. Hell, I’d even support going to $70 a game to get this shit out of gaming.

I think it’s all on the implementation. They way Forza 7 has modifiers in the loot boxes, as well as cars and outfits is fine, though it’s getting lambasted on YouTube by critics

I get so many cars and rewards in that game that I’ll probably never drive or use them all more than once. It’s overwhelming in how much crap I have and so buying loot boxes with excess credits feels like part of the game loop.

However, in Battlefield 4, Battlefield 1, and probably in Battlefront 2, I feel like I’m always short of being able to afford the boxes, always stuck with the starter weapons for too long. It’s a feeling of scarcity versus abundance, and that’s something that could be, should be fixed in the other direction.

#12521 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

None of you bitched about loot crates in 1990.

smb3_toad_house.png

#12522 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   748 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:24 PM

None of you bitched about loot crates in 1990.

smb3_toad_house.png

ALWAYS WITH THE MUSHROOM!! I NEED THE RACOON LEAF!!!!

#12523 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2794 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:25 PM

Played hours of Forza 7 on my X and a 4K TV, then stuck in F1 2016, a non enhanced title I thought looked pretty good. Ugh. It looks so blurry "now", although it DOES run better. It had fairly common screen tearing, I raced on two tracks on the X and there was none.

#12524 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10668 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

Well I am now a proud X1X owner. I found a GS with a few in stock and drove to the other side of the city for it. It was such a sketchy part of town but the guys working the store were awesome. Paid completely in trade which was nice. Got $150 for my X1S. Very excited.

#12525 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2794 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:31 PM

Of course it will be Dice's fault if the game tanks because people won't put up with it. In that case, RIP DICE when you get added to the EA Bodycount.

#12526 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:33 PM

That thread sounds like bullshit. You can complete challenges and you get a ton of credits just playing normally and not sucking a giant dick at an easy MP game like Battlefront.

#12527 Sielanas  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:50 PM

I actually went and preordered at BB today to get in on the coupon. 47 minus 10 coupon for $37, $10 certificate, and a price adjustment down the road because EA execs literally said it'll be going on sale to coincide with the movie.

#12528 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8978 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

Well I am now a proud X1X owner. I found a GS with a few in stock and drove to the other side of the city for it. It was such a sketchy part of town but the guys working the store were awesome. Paid completely in trade which was nice. Got $150 for my X1S. Very excited.

Congrats! I love mine and just sold my S for $160 (I was buying at Best Buy using other credit and they were only going to give $75). Put it on the FB marketplace and sold in 20 minutes which shocked me because others were lower. Plus with all the BF deals coming Their bad! :)

#12529 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8692 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:14 PM

Of course it will be Dice's fault if the game tanks because people won't put up with it. In that case, RIP DICE when you get added to the EA Bodycount.

EA wont ditch DICE. They make Frostbite and that engine is too invaluable for EA to just scrap. Now after reading Blood Sweat & Pixels, it's a piece of garbage engine to work with, but it's still EA's own engine. I can literally see EA keeping DICE as a under the hood studio.

Well oddly enough I got a $5 XLBA credit from Microsoft. Kinda half tempted to get a month of EA access to try out BF 2 and grab it if I like it (would buy digitally for convenience of no disc). I tried the beta and liked what I played enough, but I only played like 2 games to get the feel of it.

#12530 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5582 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:27 PM

Forgot that the Gears 4 tourney is running this weekend.  Nuclear Torque Bow and Dropshot are available today.  They're doing 4 streams, London is done, New York and Mexico are going and California hasn't started yet.  The Torque has already passed for NY and MC, but looks like it will still be available once the CA one starts.  Dropshot hasn't become available yet for NY or MC.

#12531 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7564 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:27 PM

Yeah that Battlefront 2 credits thing definitely seems off and you can't not count challenges as they are a big part of credits and they have new ones like each day :/

Single player was pretty nice. It doesn't look to be really re-playable though once you get through it one time. I'm gonna wait till it's under $20 to buy. I don't really do multiplayer. I wish they would sell the SP and the MP separately.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That would be neat if they offered like single player only for some people, both are fun but if you don't play multiplayer the game isn't going to have $60 of value for sure. 

Even though I love Star Wars and gameplay seems much better along with SP content, I really am thinking of canceling my preorder. It’s just disgusting.

Haven’t finished the first game but after reading this on how the X version of Wolfenstein 2 completely obliterated the PS4 Pro version, I want it now. But I’ll wait for BF.

http://www.eurogamer...-vs-pc-analysis

Have I said just how much I love my X?!??!

Wolfenstein 2 is so good, I beat it on my S, then did the DLC on the X and man it looks so nice, I don't have HDR, just 4k, but I could see the difference, hope you enjoy when you get it! Also I wish I had that kind of willpower, I need Battlefront ;.; lol

#12532 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8978 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:33 PM

Wolfenstein 2 is so good, I beat it on my S, then did the DLC on the X and man it looks so nice, I don't have HDR, just 4k, but I could see the difference, hope you enjoy when you get it!

How important is it to finish the first game before stating 2?

#12533 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7564 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:36 PM

How important is it to finish the first game before stating 2?

They run a recap at the beginning covering the whole first game, but if you want to experience it I would say it's pretty important, it takes place right after the end of the first pretty much.

#12534 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5582 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:38 PM

Nuclear Dropshot is available on the Mexico City stream.

http://live.gearsofwar.com/mixer

#12535 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8978 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:42 PM

They run a recap at the beginning covering the whole first game, but if you want to experience it I would say it's pretty important, it takes place right after the end of the first pretty much.

Thanks. I asked the same on Dishonored 2 because I’m wanting to play all the X1X Enhanced games. I’ve become a total graphics whore in the past week!

#12536 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7564 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:55 PM

Thanks. I asked the same on Dishonored 2 because I’m wanting to play all the X1X Enhanced games. I’ve become a total graphics whore in the past week!

Haha, no problem! I highly recommend finishing the first Wolfenstein anyways, they are both truly amazing games! 

#12537 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:59 PM

Played many hours of Fortnite last night and I still can't find the Catacombs of the Screaming skull and other one (forgot its name). Their Halloween event was extended to the 29th by the way (guess people also liked it). I guess I might find it by then lol. I am happy on what I got out of it too. A few grinding missions to get my candy count up and I opened up two or three Special Event Llamas grabbing a few scary alternate characters. I've got the Ninja with the Llama head costume, so mainly I'm pretty satisfied with their RNG process. It doesn't appear everyone is happy about it though, reading their official forums and all (what's new right). Again though this is PvE. You can get on a really slippery slope in design when you unlock gameplay mechanics with a RNG design (SW:BFII).

Edit: God damn I hate the autocorrect on this forum via mobile.

#12538 kcobra22  

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:09 AM

that battlefront 2 post seems a bit like clickbait, right?

#12539 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8692 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:15 AM

Played many hours of Fortnite last night and I still can't find the Catacombs of the Screaming skull and other one (forgot its name). Their Halloween event was extended to the 29th by the way (guess people also liked it). I guess I might find it by then lol. I am happy on what I got out of it too. A few grinding missions to get my candy count up and I opened up two or three Special Event Llamas grabbing a few scary alternate characters. I've got the Ninja with the Llama head costume, so mainly I'm pretty satisfied with their RNG process. It doesn't appear everyone is happy about it though, reading their official forums and all (what's new right). Again though this is PvE. You can get on a really slippery slope in design when you unlock gameplay mechanics with a RNG design (SW:BFII).

Edit: God damn I hate the autocorrect on this forum via mobile.

I actually think Fortnite is much worse than SWBF II. Yes, there are mechanics behind loot crates in SWBF II, but if your really skilled at the game, you can at least be decently competitive.

Fortnite has this issue that the best heroes are behind loot boxes and only the highest tier of heroes can be upgraded to max level. While Fortnite is PvE, there is a point where having the best hero can really effect progression. Plus every weapon/trap/etc is pretty much behind some form of loot boxes. SWBFII gives you some things loot free.

#12540 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:18 AM

I’m still pissed I missed The Witcher 3 Complete Edition on XBL a couple weeks ago for $20 *teardrop*