* * * * - 17 votes

XBL Deals - 2017, Part II

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#15811 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9295 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:06 PM

Yeah I thought about heading out to Best Buy for some PUBG discounts, but where I'm at now the $6 would be $3 in gas and since it's just a digital code in a box I'm staying home. 

Since it's a code in a case, you can start the download before you leave the parking lot.

#15812 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7366 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

Anyone think that maybe since PUBG will be in “preview”, that there maybe like an hour demo or something?

#15813 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3163 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:16 PM

Anyone think that maybe since PUBG will be in “preview”, that there maybe like an hour demo or something?

No.  Too much hype.  Too many people willing to spend the money to try it out without a demo blowing sales.  Look for a demo in a few months from now...possibly.

#15814 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3163 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:18 PM

Yeah I thought about heading out to Best Buy for some PUBG discounts, but where I'm at now the $6 would be $3 in gas and since it's just a digital code in a box I'm staying home. 

FYI, Best Buy has their promo right now where you get $10 back for any in-store pick up purchase of $10 or more, so that might sweeten the pot for you...

#15815 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4155 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:49 PM

at launch no, but the culling had a demo so I think its possible we get one in a few months when the hype starts to settle

1024483.png

#15816 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:16 PM

Ahh, wtf, TA still hasn't recognized I finished Episode 1 of The Walking Dead. This is annoying.

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67ecuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.oVbieaO.pngVdThmcK.jpg

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

:xbox: Call of Duty 4: MW Series, GRiD 2, Forza Horizon

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
:D Far Cry 5, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2

#15817 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   610 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:18 PM

Ahh, wtf, TA still hasn't recognized I finished Episode 1 of The Walking Dead. This is annoying.

I always have an issue with TA and the Tell Tale games, I'll beat the whole game and like one random achievement for complete Chapter 3 will be missing for like a week and then magically scan.

#15818 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2678 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:25 PM

The NZ players were saying there is a trial like normal. No achievements yet either, the normal early access stuff.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#15819 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7366 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:31 PM

The NZ players were saying there is a trial like normal. No achievements yet either, the normal early access stuff.

Cool. Hope I can play a bit tonight since I won’t get the full game until tomorrow at Best Buy.

#15820 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:38 PM

Are you doing for the Day 1 completion on the 12 Days? Because the way TA is set up, only the 360 version would be "complete" after only Episode 1.

1104203.png

#15821 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   469 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:43 PM

Yeah, I thought they had to have a trial in Early Access? Has any game not had one?

#15822 w00dm4nEXE  

w00dm4nEXE

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:46 PM

It did, but I doubt anybody put much time into playing through it. Nostalgia for old games is interesting to me - I’ve been a gamer for almost 40 years and nearly every time I revisit an old game I used to love, it doesn’t hold up anymore. I’m surprised that companies still buy into fan demand for nostalgia because 9 out of 10 times, the remaster that everyone’s been clamoring for flops after release. Mostly because we remember the game being better than it really was.
I mean, a ton of people got Rare Replay for free from the mixer promo, but how many of those people are still actively playing that?

I thought they put out a Goldeneye remake in 2011 for Wii,360 and PS3 and it bombed lol.

#15823 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4683 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:01 PM

Ah yeah, I know where you are. I could've sworn you could save after that tank battle...watch this video around 18:00 or so when he's fighting the tank

Spoiler

That player has some kind of ability or glitch that allowed him to beat those two soldiers before the helicopter and "magnetically" get the life powerups at the steps. I can only save before I encounter those two enemies (a fence blocks me from returning until the helicopter is destroyed).

Otherwise, my chances usually last 5-10 seconds because their missiles know exactly where I am landing and I die in 1-2 hits. My life potions are also limited. 

Thirsty for a lowball?  Check out GThirst's Save the Rainforest page. Ends on April 18 @ 9:00 p.m. EST - https://www.cheapass...ding-4-17-2018/

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#15824 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:12 PM

I thought they put out a Goldeneye remake in 2011 for Wii,360 and PS3 and it bombed lol.

They usually do. Beyond Good and Evil, Jet Set Radio, Nights, etc etc...

#15825 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   610 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:13 PM

There was a couple other James Bond games, that I didn't think were too bad really, but no Goldeneye remake. There was an Xbox Live Arcade port of Goldeneye that was well into development but the rumor was that Nintendo of Japan killed the deal a couple months from release. There is some clips on youtube. 

#15826 Doctor Zod  

Doctor Zod

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

There was a couple other James Bond games, that I didn't think were too bad really, but no Goldeneye remake. There was an Xbox Live Arcade port of Goldeneye that was well into development but the rumor was that Nintendo of Japan killed the deal a couple months from release. There is some clips on youtube. 

There was a remake and came out in 2010. It featured, for obvious reasons, Daniel Craig instead of Pierce Brosnan.

doctor+zod.png

#15827 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:29 PM

I really dislike they way people name drop old video games for some type of ‘credibility’ as a gamer. It’s pretty cringeworthy. I remember years ago, everybody talking about Konami’s fabled ‘Snatcher’. It was a total piece of shit that almost nobody played when it first came out, but got this cult reputation because it was scarce. Never met anyone else who actually played it. It really makes me laugh that anybody is waiting for Shenmue III. Right, like you actually slogged through I and II...

#15828 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:34 PM

I always have an issue with TA and the Tell Tale games, I'll beat the whole game and like one random achievement for complete Chapter 3 will be missing for like a week and then magically scan.

Yeah lol I had them rescan me because I thought that'd help.

Are you doing for the Day 1 completion on the 12 Days? Because the way TA is set up, only the 360 version would be "complete" after only Episode 1.

Ahh that's it, was the XB1 version. Crap, I already did the 360 version a while ago.

I'm just going to do Pneuma: Breath of Life I guess.

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67ecuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.oVbieaO.pngVdThmcK.jpg

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

:xbox: Call of Duty 4: MW Series, GRiD 2, Forza Horizon

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
:D Far Cry 5, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2

#15829 The Angry Snack   The man, the myth, the Shep. CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

The Angry Snack

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:42 PM

Tonight Crazy Larry will give us an epic sale. The type of sale that is the stuff of legends!!!  :bouncy:

Ahhh..... who am I fooling, probably just another lame date night sale featuring GTAV shark cards, NBA super bling, and 10% off various EA games no one cares about. 

:fridge:

1048902.png

#15830 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43888 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:49 PM

Anyone ever have xbox live connection problems like this: every once in a while I will turn my xbox on and it won't be connected to live and when trying to reconnect it fails and only reconnects on a hard boot. Sometimes I can test the connection and it will say it's all good but still doesn't show anything other than the home screen as if I wasn't connected.

Just caused myself to decide to quit the TA challenge. Wasted an hour getting an achievement offline and it hasn't popped since reconnecting and it's a collectible one so it's not immediately repeatable. Completely my dumb fault.

Yes! Happens to me often. Happened on my S and now on my X too. So annoying.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

1046150.png

#15831 hectorarizpe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1042 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

hectorarizpe

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:50 PM

So PUBG will be available at 9pm? Will Best by open to get the get tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15832 Doctor Zod  

Doctor Zod

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:08 PM

It really makes me laugh that anybody is waiting for Shenmue III. Right, like you actually slogged through I and II...

I'm with you on that one. You know what else made laugh, the reaction from the crowd at E3 2014 when the Shenmue III kickstarter campaign was announced. The camera caught the reaction from a few kids all excited despite the fact I'm pretty sure never actually played the older games because they were too young at the time (maybe not even born), OR, had a PS2 instead of a Dreamcast lime most people did in the late 1990's and early 2000's..

I was literally talking to myself out loud at the screen: "Yeah right, you've NEVER played Shenmue and probable never heard of it until a few days earlier when the whole thing leaked. GTFO here".

Like Jeff Gertsmann once referred to Shenmue: "It's a fucking bullshit forklift simulator for assholes". LOL 

https://www.youtube....h?v=Cw8Tndlbyng

doctor+zod.png

#15833 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4173 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:18 PM

On the 2nd day of Gearsmas Gears of War gave to me...nothing so far...

It is an extra 300 credits for the first win of the day bonus.

#15834 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3649 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:20 PM

I predict a great sale tonight!

#15835 braiiins  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:23 PM

Yes! Happens to me often. Happened on my S and now on my X too. So annoying.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

How do you have yours set up? I thought maybe it was because I'm on wifi through an extender but so is my roommate and I've never heard him complain about this problem. I don't think it ever happened with my OG X1, only on my S.

#15836 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66744 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:25 PM

FYI, Best Buy has their promo right now where you get $10 back for any in-store pick up purchase of $10 or more, so that might sweeten the pot for you...

So if I pre-ordered it earlier around when it was first available, I'm screwed out of this deal?

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#15837 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:27 PM

Like Jeff Gertsmann once referred to Shenmue: "It's a fucking bullshit forklift simulator for assholes". LOL

https://www.youtube....h?v=Cw8Tndlbyng

He wasn’t wrong lol

#15838 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   1006 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:45 PM

Gamer Tag change is counting down.....

#15839 Antarael Dulacre   Royal Dhampire CAGiversary!   2459 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Antarael Dulacre

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:46 PM

It is an extra 300 credits for the first win of the day bonus.

Yeah they were an hour lae today but iI still saw it, not too bad for the second day of gearsmas which will officially start on 15th anyway) one more horde booster..maybe will wait for gearsmas packs lol

Also got 2 achievements in Yooka Laylee today towarsd the action adventure genre...7 more to go lol

AntaraelDulacre.png

#15840 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   2818 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:48 PM

I predict a great sale tonight!

I predict a good one next week, but tonight, I think we will need a fair amount of booze to not end this date talking about politics and cheeseburgers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold, DwG, GwG, XB1, 360