* * * * - 17 votes

XBL Deals - 2017, Part II

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#17431 gatordeve86   CAG Master CAGiversary!   975 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

gatordeve86

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:39 AM

finally bit last night on a Xbox One X...

got an email for 10% ebay bucks and there was a deal on ebay $460 free ship for the One X, PUBG, Overwatch GOTY and $46 ebay bucks so I ordered it... Shipped this afternoon and should be here tomorrow

glad I bought it when I did because they raised the price to $520 today

#17432 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:42 AM

Shit. I had it all planned out with D12 challenge but no no I had to be really good and got a S ranking on a level in Sonic Generations so that just screwed up my ratios a bit! Augh, back to the drawing board...

#17433 wakkawakka   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

wakkawakka

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:28 AM

I bought a scorpio edition in day 1 and I've only run into 1 minor problem which was loading a save on halo 3 it would freeze the game when it never did that initially.

Only other thing I've noticed is the cooling fan revs up pretty loudly sometimes when it's playing a game in full 4k and hdr. Namely destiny 2 and titanfall 2. Other than that it's great.

#17434 Squeegor 2  

Squeegor 2

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:38 AM

finally bit last night on a Xbox One X...

got an email for 10% ebay bucks and there was a deal on ebay $460 free ship for the One X, PUBG, Overwatch GOTY and $46 ebay bucks so I ordered it... Shipped this afternoon and should be here tomorrow

glad I bought it when I did because they raised the price to $520 today

Nicely. Still a somewhat steep price for a console but any discount is good. I ended up finally buying an Xbox One S this past BF for $150 myself.. it's my first Xbox since buying the OG way back in the day. Constant drive issues made me give up on the very first Xbox and the 360's RROD issues made me pass on that completely. Have never owned a 360 to this day.

So here's hoping the Xbox One does better. It may not be the dominant console this generation, but for $150 can't complain, and there's a few games on there worth playing. Really hard to justify buying a One X though.

#17435 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:28 PM

Nicely. Still a somewhat steep price for a console but any discount is good. I ended up finally buying an Xbox One S this past BF for $150 myself.. it's my first Xbox since buying the OG way back in the day. Constant drive issues made me give up on the very first Xbox and the 360's RROD issues made me pass on that completely. Have never owned a 360 to this day.

So here's hoping the Xbox One does better. It may not be the dominant console this generation, but for $150 can't complain, and there's a few games on there worth playing. Really hard to justify buying a One X though.

Achievement Unlocked: 5G- Passive Agressive Fanboyism

#17436 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:29 PM

Shit. I had it all planned out with D12 challenge but no no I had to be really good and got a S ranking on a level in Sonic Generations so that just screwed up my ratios a bit! Augh, back to the drawing board...

I did the same thing by throwing a block in fighter style game. How does a block have a higher ratio than an ultra finishing move?

#17437 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:32 PM

So just finished limbo and inside.

So glad I bought physical so I could trade it back in. Maybe I’m just not sophisticated enough.

Ok as platforming games. But I enjoyed unravel more as both platformer and story wise

#17438 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

So just finished limbo and outside.

So glad I bought physical so I could trade it back in. Maybe I’m just not sophisticated enough.

Ok as platforming games. But I enjoyed unraveled more as both platformer and story wise

I really liked Unravel. Still haven't gotten 100% of the achievements though. I go back and play a little more every once in a while and try to pop another achievement.

#17439 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2405 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:40 PM

So just finished limbo and outside.

Ok as platforming games. But I enjoyed unraveled more as both platformer and story wise

Considering you don't even know the names of 2 out of the 3 games you're talking about I'm going to go with not sophisticated enough.

#17440 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   890 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

Tempted by Tides but probably little chance of a 4k xbox one x patch which I think it would benefit from greatly after reading reviews

#17441 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:23 PM

So after yesterday's talk about dying X1X SE's I went bonkers when my screen started flickering and then went black several times while playing FH3. Tried different games. Same thing. Powered off & rebooted. Same thing. Tried TV apps and other attached gaming systems including Xbox One OG. No issue.

Turns out at some point I must have cranked the color depth up to 12 bit. Adjusted back to 10 bit and it seemed okay after that. Interesting that it didn't seem to cause am issue earlier.

So I have 1 forzathon achievement left. #Forzathon Sleigh Bells - Create and complete a Bucket List Challenge in Yarra Valley to win 3 Wheelspins. Last day to finish. The other 3 were pretty easy, but I've never created a bucket list challenge. Should be able to figure it out though.

#17442 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:37 PM

Considering you don't even know the names of 2 out of the 3 games you're talking about I'm going to go with not sophisticated enough.

Sometimes auto correct / fill on my phone is not my friend. That and child caused sleep deprivation. :)

#17443 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1723 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:53 PM

I really liked Unravel. Still haven't gotten 100% of the achievements though. I go back and play a little more every once in a while and try to pop another achievement.

Glad this game got mentioned, I think it's exactly the change of pace I need before any more explosions or Nazi killin'.

#17444 Squeegor 2  

Squeegor 2

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:15 PM

Achievement Unlocked: 5G- Passive Agressive Fanboyism

Hell yeah, trying to go for the platinum achievement next: ignoring greasy internet smart-asses.

#17445 MobileVortex  

MobileVortex

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

Hell yeah, trying to go for the platinum achievement next: ignoring greasy internet smart-asses.

Progress Complete: 90%

#17446 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   3075 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:53 PM

I take it that Fall of Cybertron is the best Transformers game for Xbox One X? The newest one seems to have terrible reviews but the fall of Cybertron is in the 70's.

#17447 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

I take it that Fall of Cybertron is the best Transformers game for Xbox One X? The newest one seems to have terrible reviews but the fall of Cybertron is in the 70's.

It's the best Transformers game ever made. Devastation is great but it's a Platinum game, so the fighting system is more complex and grindy as far as completions go. I think you'll enjoy FOC more.

#17448 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   3075 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:29 PM

It's the best Transformers game ever made. Devastation is great but it's a Platinum game, so the fighting system is more complex and grindy as far as completions go. I think you'll enjoy FOC more.

That's kind of what I was thinking, $10 seems worth playing the campaign before it goes away.

#17449 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:16 PM

Man, I wish I had picked up Prey for BF. I don't want to pay $5 extra, but I doubt it will be cheaper before the spring sale. That's like only paying $1/mo to play it now instead of waiting. Who am I kidding, I'm just going to play for an hour and then spend days staring at the menus trying to figure out the optimal leveling path. The trial should hold me over.

So I tried the trial of Prey, and running around with a wrench just made me want to buy Bioshock.

Opinions on Little Nightmares? Is it all just stealth platforming? It also looks like it could be extremely short.

#17450 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11356 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

PUBG is more "realistic" battle royal with a bigger map, gun attachments, armor (Fortnite does have shield potions though) more weapons, first person view, vehicles, bullet accuracy and gun handling. It also has two maps vs one (at least on PC, not XBox yet) The downsides are It's $30, doesn't hold stable 30fps, lots of bugs and looks ugly.

Fortnite is a free battle royal game with a smaller map, can be locked 30fps on the X (or unlocked where it roams between 45-60fps) and is much more stable in terms of perfromance and looks appealing despite it's cartoony nature. The downsides are halo reach bloom like bullet detections, less weapons and no vehicles compared to PUBG, no first person view and of course no gun attachments. I don't know if they are adding gun attachments in the long run or vehicles.

They both have their advantages. I'd say if PUBG was on the PC full release schedule with the extra map, bug fixes and a locked 30fps performance it would be the better pick. Sadly PUBG is in a buggy state, though they are patching it once a week so over time it should be a much, much better product.

If you never tried a battle royal game before Fortnite is free and free is always good. Don't know when they are adding the free trial to PUBG. I'm assuming when sales start to slow down on X1, if they ever do. Heard It's already over 4+ million on the XBox.

#17451 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:28 PM

So I tried the trial of Prey, and running around with a wrench just made me want to buy Bioshock.

Opinions on Little Nightmares? Is it all just stealth platforming? It also looks like it could be extremely short.

Loved the game.  It was short though... don't remember exactly how long, but less than 10 hours for sure

#17452 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:03 PM

PUBG is more "realistic" battle royal with a bigger map, gun attachments, armor (Fortnite does have shield potions though) more weapons, first person view, vehicles, bullet accuracy and gun handling. It also has two maps vs one (at least on PC, not XBox yet) The downsides are It's $30, doesn't hold stable 30fps, lots of bugs and looks ugly.

Fortnite is a free battle royal game with a smaller map, can be locked 30fps on the X (or unlocked where it roams between 45-60fps) and is much more stable in terms of perfromance and looks appealing despite it's cartoony nature. The downsides are halo reach bloom like bullet detections, less weapons and no vehicles compared to PUBG, no first person view and of course no gun attachments. I don't know if they are adding gun attachments in the long run or vehicles.

They added in Jump pads for Fortnite BR which ultimately allow you to move faster as in a sense of a vehicle. Yup, that's about it though. Sprinting like a super hero goes hand in hand with Fortnite's artstyle and playstyle though.

#17453 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43918 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:30 PM

There's a demo/trial for it. I played for like 10min and quit myself. Super dark, lots of platforming jumps and puzzles, move a lever here, open a door there... Run before door closes again...meh

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#17454 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4483 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:53 PM

So I have 1 forzathon achievement left. #Forzathon Sleigh Bells - Create and complete a Bucket List Challenge in Yarra Valley to win 3 Wheelspins. Last day to finish. The other 3 were pretty easy, but I've never created a bucket list challenge. Should be able to figure it out though.

It's super easy.  Though you generally need to do it twice, once to create it and then again to beat it.  I don't remember if you actually have to beat it, though I just create a speed trap one with a slow speed, then run it again as fast as I can.

Cracked Tier 9 in Forza rewards.  An extra 50k a week in the newer games.  Though I wish it was that much in FH1, since one of the achievements I still need is the medals in million dollar cars, and I don't want to sell stuff I already have to afford another car.

FM7 is gifting a snowman driving suit.  Logged in last night and there was a news message about it and a message in gifts to download it.

Still 2 achievements into Day 11 on TA.  May just run through Refunct for the quick main story achievements.  Visiting friends over the weekend, so I may fall short.  Going to take my XB1 HDD, so I might be able to squeeze out Day 12.  Also need to do the Juvie Horde in Gears 4.

#17455 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3201 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:06 PM

They both have their advantages. I'd say if PUBG was on the PC full release schedule with the extra map, bug fixes and a locked 30fps performance it would be the better pick. Sadly PUBG is in a buggy state, though they are patching it once a week so over time it should be a much, much better product.

If you never tried a battle royal game before Fortnite is free and free is always good. Don't know when they are adding the free trial to PUBG. I'm assuming when sales start to slow down on X1, if they ever do. Heard It's already over 4+ million on the XBox.

I just want to point out that you used the terms "realistic" and "shield potions" in the same sentence when referring to Fortnite.  :)

By the way, I am an avid Fortnite player and have never touched the Battle Royale mode.  I highly recommend the game for anyone on the fence.  It's a lot of fun and highly addicting on the "Save the world" side of it.  One day i'll get around to trying out the Battle Royale stuff, I guess.

#17456 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

PUBG actually got a third patch today. A small one that's supposed to improve lag.

#17457 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:44 PM

Greasy? Because my name is Anwar?

#17458 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   3075 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:47 PM

Happy 95th Birthday to Stan Lee!

#17459 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1927 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:54 PM

FYI - I thought we got the license for Goat Simulator for watching the Game Awards Show but this is not the case. I dl'ed the game and tried to play it but it stated to renew my gold sub. Below is the answer from the General Sales and Promotions Forum:

- if you have redeemed Goat Simulator on Games with Gold you would not receive the game for the TGA MixPot. Hope this helps!

#17460 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:00 PM

Greasy? Because my name is Anwar?

I thought it was because you were a guido