* * * * - 15 votes

XBL Deals - Black Friday Gold incoming | DwG: Flockers, Ink, WRC 5/6, 360 Sonic, more | GwG: Tales / Borderlands, Trackmania Turbo; Deadfall Adv

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#10111 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   10922 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

Sold my SNES Classic. I liked it but need money for my X!

Just finished Chrono Trigger on as you said that. I actually never finished it for some reason (the start was kinda boring and I guess I just kinda lost interest). Easily a 9.5+ but still behind FF6 for me. Gonna run through Secret of Mana next.

Haven't touched the X1 lately since I'm waiting for the XBox X to get here, then I'll be back on my XBox 24/7.

9 more minutes till the BC drops.

Edit: Nothing? Ok guess my XBox sleeps another week outside of the rocket league nights.

... go to sleep.

#10112 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2323 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:35 PM

After my 8 day, 50 hour run in Shadow of War, I need to fill the time until AC:O next week... Is Evil Within 1 worth playing? I have it digitally, but have never started it. I also have Watch Dogs 1 and 2 that haven’t been played. Are they a better option? God, sometimes I despise my digital backlog...

Are you a fan of Re4? If yes then evil within 1 is for you with some stealth mechanics and some cool boss battles and it's scary as shit.
Posted Image

#10113 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2323 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:38 PM

Just finished Chrono Trigger on as you said that. I actually never finished it for some reason (the start was kinda boring and I guess I just kinda lost interest). Easily a 9.5+ but still behind FF6 for me. Gonna run through Secret of Mana next.

Have you played Final fantasy 7 or Xenogears? Them along with chrono trigger and Final fantasy III are the greatest Rpgs man has made.
Posted Image

#10114 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   10922 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

EDAR studies show to maximize your profits you need to discount your title at least 40% during sales. Yeah, no shit.

If your game is relatively new and it goes on sale for near half the cost chances are It's gonna sell well and sell better then keeping it at full price as long as you can. Only exception is probably JRPGS.

https://www.npd.com/...Infographic.pdf

... go to sleep.

#10115 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   10922 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

Have you played Final fantasy 7 or Xenogears? Them along with chrono trigger and Final fantasy III are the greatest Rpgs man has made.

FF7 was great but don't feel it holds a candle to FF6. This is just my IMHO. Xenogears is also great. The only PS1 RPG I consider amazing was Suikoden 2 (and 1 was also great of course) probably a 9.9/10 -0.1 for translation errors. Suikoden 2 is still my favorite RPG of all time, and of course game of all time just ahead of Megaman 2/Mario 3.

Edit: FF9 was under rated all things considered as well.

City skylines free to play weekend  on xbox. Looks to be 25% off if you wish to keep it.

... go to sleep.

#10116 escapism  

escapism

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

Although I will say that those of us on the Right do not support the KKK regardless how the media try to say we do.

Yeah, the right only usually supports white supremacists and neo-nazis who are not part of the KKK. The KKK is bad for the PR.

#10117 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1206 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

FF6 is timeless. I know FF7 was a phenomenon because of the graphics and art style, and it still has plenty of charm, but FF6 has aged better. 

I love how FF6 has no absolutely clear protagonist, even if events somewhat center around Terra. Locke and Celes get equal attention and they do such a great job world-building, including [spoiler[ destroying the goddamned world and actually bringing the apocalypse. The fact that wasn't something for your team to prevent, you actually don't save the world in time, and then get to explore the World of Ruin... I still get chills thinking about the first time I went through it[/spoiler]. 

FF7 also removed most of the meaningful differences between character abilities, until you get into upper level Limit Breaks, since every character can learn/equip every spell or ability. FF6 presented the possibility with Espers for everyone to do anything, but you had to be thoughtful as you leveled up, making for a bit more planning, along with unique character abilities like Blitz attacks. 

I'm still amazed at how much character depth and development FF6 pulls off with such simple graphics. 

6TJRqLz.gif

#10118 braiiins  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

I'm about three hours into south park. I'm enjoying it as much as the first one and enjoy the changes they've made (at least I think the combat was different, it's been a while since the first game.). I will say that I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and it's still really easy. I've died in combat twice and a few other times from random environmental stuff. I do wish there was a way to skip cutscenes, the two times I died were during story fights that had cutscenes before them. Was going back and forth on whether to get the game or wait and I'm glad I decided to pick it up.

#10119 MOStateSuperman   I eat birds and planes for breakfast. CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

MOStateSuperman

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

City skylines free to play weekend  on xbox. Looks to be 25% off if you wish to keep it.

I've been waiting for a good sale for this, and that may be as good as it gets for awhile with the expansions releasing. Now I just have to go back and see how discount game + season pass compares to the "complete bundle" they have coming up. 

[Edit] If what i'm seeing is correct, it will be the same. $30 (discounted game) + $40 (SP) vs $70 Premium Edition. 

#10120 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

I'm about three hours into south park. I'm enjoying it as much as the first one and enjoy the changes they've made (at least I think the combat was different, it's been a while since the first game.). I will say that I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and it's still really easy. I've died in combat twice and a few other times from random environmental stuff. I do wish there was a way to skip cutscenes, the two times I died were during story fights that had cutscenes before them. Was going back and forth on whether to get the game or wait and I'm glad I decided to pick it up.

Yes combat is different. Previously characters were not mobile on the grid. They simply selected their available target. Combat controls were slightly different as well. Also I don't think they're was crafting in The Stick of Truth. But yes this game is awesome. Worth every penny.

#10121 MobileVortex  

MobileVortex

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

Do you have your combat set to Masterful as well?  I agree tho, this game is very easy, at least so far.  

#10122 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:38 PM

Do you have your combat set to Masterful as well? I agree tho, this game is very easy, at least so far.

In Stick of Truth you were solo for a while before you acquired combat buddies. I got stuck in a few spots where I wasn't sufficiently leveled up and couldn't go back to level up like on the alien ship.

In The Fractured But Whole you have combat buddies early on. I think that makes it easier.

#10123 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6078 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:42 PM

A bit off topic but Warhammer Quest 2 is out on iOS and it’s fantastic. If you like turn based RPGs, highly recommend it for the small $4.99 asking price. There’s some additional characters you can buy for IAPs but they’re unnecessary. And a whole additional campaign but from what I understand even the main campaign is a good length.

#10124 braiiins  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

Do you have your combat set to Masterful as well?  I agree tho, this game is very easy, at least so far.

I forget what it's called, but I set it so I'd get "the token experience" achievement. I was leveling up crafting too fast. It would say "this unlocks on the next skill level", but when I got to the skill level it would bump the unlock to the next level because I hadn't gotten to a certain npc. So I was able to craft more powerful articafts than I was supposed to I think. I think I'm like 40 combat power over the recommended level for story missions right now.

#10125 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

I forget what it's called, but I set it so I'd get "the token experience" achievement. I was leveling up crafting too fast. It would say "this unlocks on the next skill level", but when I got to the skill level it would bump the unlock to the next level because I hadn't gotten to a certain npc. So I was able to craft more powerful articafts than I was supposed to I think. I think I'm like 40 combat power over the recommended level for story missions right now.

If you change skin color I thought that affected everything but combat.

#10126 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8441 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

Yeah, the right only usually supports white supremacists and neo-nazis who are not part of the KKK. The KKK is bad for the PR.

How about we stop posting stuff like this for a little bit?  Does that work for you?  Because it works for me.

#10127 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:03 PM

PSA ... just got my (10) Forza 7 Instant Win sweepstakes keys today, literally the day before you will no longer be able to redeem them. I purchased the game on 10/4 and just got them today. Of course, I won nothing. Further adding insult to injury, I believe the grand prize winners have already been drawn (saw 3 winner's names bannered for it on Bing Rewards.) And I still am waiting for my 5,000 Xbox Reward points for purchasing. So if you were waiting on your 10 keys, might be worth checking if hadn't recently.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Rockin' it old school single-player style!

Find me on Xbox Live at Gamertag ...

FloriDUH+JBot.png

#10128 MOStateSuperman   I eat birds and planes for breakfast. CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

MOStateSuperman

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

PSA ... just got my (10) Forza 7 Instant Win sweepstakes keys today, literally the day before you will no longer be able to redeem them. I purchased the game on 10/4 and just got them today. Of course, I won nothing. Further adding insult to injury, I believe the grand prize winners have already been drawn (saw 3 winner's names bannered for it on Bing Rewards.) And I still am waiting for my 5,000 Xbox Reward points for purchasing. So if you were waiting on your 10 keys, might be worth checking if hadn't recently.

Maybe that's why they extended the promotion. I keep forgetting to check in and play. 

#10129 uglyteradon   CAG-tastrophe! CAGiversary!   1085 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

uglyteradon

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:22 PM

... so why exactly was my post about Wolfenstein II deleted?

Ugly, like you.

#10130 braiiins  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:23 PM

If you change skin color I thought that affected everything but combat.

It doesn't change combat, but on top of that difficulty there's a second combat difficulty.

#10131 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3924 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:23 PM

Thanks!

SID MEIER'S CIVILIZATION® III: COMPLETE (Steam) is Free via Humble Bundle for a limited time.

#10132 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7419 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

About the new dashboard, having had it for a while with the preview, it definitely grows on you and is honestly a really nice version once you get used to it. Also nice to see the JRPG talk here, I was never huge on FF7, consider it my least favorite PS1 FF (7<8<9 for me) but it's not a bad game by any means. Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana are both amazing though for sure. Also definitely gonna try Skylines for free, always had interest in it! 

659629.png?68329996

I like to stream sometimes! twitch.tv/mociwe

#10133 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8441 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:54 PM

About the new dashboard, having had it for a while with the preview, it definitely grows on you and is honestly a really nice version once you get used to it. Also nice to see the JRPG talk here, I was never huge on FF7, consider it my least favorite PS1 FF (7<8<9 for me) but it's not a bad game by any means. Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana are both amazing though for sure. Also definitely gonna try Skylines for free, always had interest in it! 

I'd pay $60 if they do a direct port of all the RPGs on the SNES Mini to :xb1:.

#10134 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7419 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

I'd pay $60 if they do a direct port of all the RPGs on the SNES Mini to :xb1:.

I'd get behind this, those companies need to just bring their old RPGs to the One, it won't cost as much money as making something new and will still give us some amazing RPGs :D 

659629.png?68329996

I like to stream sometimes! twitch.tv/mociwe

#10135 kcobra22  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:26 PM

If you care about texture comparisons, Eurogamer put up an article about Shadow of War on the 2 different Xbox One X modes compared to PS4 Pro.

http://www.eurogamer...o-rule-them-all

DXISnT4l.png

EA7I62rl.png

#10136 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:27 PM

It doesn't change combat, but on top of that difficulty there's a second combat difficulty.

Gotcha. Haven't messed with that setting yet. I just picked up a condom for grandpa from unplanned parenthood and I have to drop that off to him. But old people is my kryptonite.

#10137 mundial1345   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   234 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

mundial1345

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

For what its worth it says winners aren't drawn until Nov 1 for the grand prize  the one on bing must be for a separate contest. Also in the rules it says the 5000 xbox rewards points will be awarded on or around Oct 30th. I won the hoonigan pack and the driver gear but never received them in my e-mail yet but I see people giving the codes away dunno what happened there.

1096192.png[

#10138 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6078 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:39 PM

If you care about texture comparisons, Eurogamer put up an article about Shadow of War on the 2 different Xbox One X modes compared to PS4 Pro.

http://www.eurogamer...o-rule-them-all

DXISnT4l.png

EA7I62rl.png

Pretty damn impressive. Makes me feel even better about my decision to offload my SNES Classic to put money towards the X. :)

#10139 mpaullin   Fission Mailed CAGiversary!   4582 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

Yeah, it costs $500, but I'm gonna be looking at the nicest looking dirt ever made by a console!

MPaullin.png

#10140 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   936 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

Did I miss the BC games today?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold, DwG, GwG, XB1, 360