* * * * - 15 votes

XBL Deals - Black Friday Gold incoming | DwG: Flockers, Ink, WRC 5/6, 360 Sonic, more | GwG: Tales / Borderlands, Trackmania Turbo; Deadfall Adv

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#10381 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:37 AM

How do you guys convince your wife/girlfriend/fleshlight that xbox isn't a "waste of time"?

my girlfriend is deadset that it's useless

I just respond with “where’s my sandwich?”

#10382 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65662 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:49 AM

For BC talk, I think all of the Star Wars games, including the bad ones, have a decent chance at becoming BC, if EA has any power over this AND they start selling digital copies of them. LucasArts must have owned all rights to everything, so Disney should now. At the very least Pandemic, that was bought and killed by EA, made the original Battlefront games.

Disney/LucasArts is the one that released the old Star Wars games on PS3/PS4, so that would be the company response for anything that happens on the BC front.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#10383 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6054 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:13 AM

Aspyr actually ported KOTOR (as well as Jade Empire) on iOS. Not sure what their relationship is with EA or Disney. They seem to be independent of them but must have been granted rights from Bioware under EA.

#10384 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:13 AM

On a different note, while organizing my games today, I found an unopened copy of Victor Vran overkill edition. So far, it’s pretty great! I think this will get me through until Black Friday.

#10385 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:17 AM

Aspyr actually ported KOTOR (as well as Jade Empire) on iOS. Not sure what their relationship is with EA or Disney. They seem to be independent of them but must have been granted rights from Bioware under EA.

I don't think they have any direct relations with either company, just contracts. Looking at their Wikipedia page, it seems like they specialize in porting and has done it with many different franchises/publishers. 

VAXyo12.gif

#10386 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8436 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:23 AM

I just respond with “where’s my sandwich?”

This XKCD comic has been on my wall for years:

sandwich.png

#10387 TheOldGuy  

TheOldGuy

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:12 AM

How do you guys convince your wife/girlfriend/fleshlight that xbox isn't a "waste of time"?

My wife of 14 years puts up with my gaming because she knows how much her friends' husband's spend on golf, which could also be considered useless. Between the constant need for newer/better golf clubs and green fees, it can get expensive quickly. Even spending money on a new console like X1X doesn't look bad in comparison.

#10388 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   1862 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:49 AM

I have KotOR on Amazon Fire TV (2016 version).  The UI scaling is fantastic - its in widescreen, running at what appears to be 720p/60fps.  The controller is identical to that of the Xbox 360.  Its the KotOR I mis-remember playing on the original Xbox - because of course it looks considerably better in a side-by-side comparison.  Amazing experience.

I can't for the life of me figure out why we haven't seen this version come to devices beyond iOS and Android.  Does Microsoft hold the console rights and are insisting on that the title not come to Sony/Nintendo - leading to hardball with Disney?  Does Disney not want to see non-canon sold on consoles?  (That doesn't make any sense, either.)  Someone, somewhere has an answer.

All I know is it doesn't make any damn sense that some cheap quasi-console from Amazon is still going to be the best way to play my favorite role-playing game of all time whereas my new $500 6-TFlops Xbox One X is going to be stuck with a 4x3 boxed image with the UI taking up half the screen.  ...I mean, I'm happy we're getting KotOR on Xbox - I really am - but this nonsense needs to get sorted out.

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#10389 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6054 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:55 AM

^^ I hear you. I also understand that Jade Empire also looks better for the mobile versions. Controls aren’t so hot but if you play it on something like Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV or Shield TV, you’ve basically got a console version with a real controller.

It would be nice if those versions were ported to Xbox One and even PS4. Aspyr deserves credit for the visual upgrade.

#10390 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:59 AM

Neogaf had a huge shitstorm tonight apparently. Claims of the founder sexually assaulting someone, ALL of the mods resigning, posts about this were being instantly deleted, and now the site is down. Probably going to be all over the gaming sites tomorrow. It's ridiculous how all-encompassing these awful people are, but it's good people are finally coming forward. I don't think it will do a lot very quickly in Hollywood, but smaller places like this with people who aren't millionaires will hopefully clean up a lot of the garbage.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#10391 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   3860 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:03 AM

I'm playing Metal Gear Rising and though the cutscenes are non-sense the gameplay is awesome and has free DLC, BC continues to be my favorite part of xbox

1024483.png

#10392 KrizB   Flrying into FWEE! CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:37 AM

Neogaf had a huge shitstorm tonight apparently. Claims of the founder sexually assaulting someone, ALL of the mods resigning, posts about this were being instantly deleted, and now the site is down. Probably going to be all over the gaming sites tomorrow. It's ridiculous how all-encompassing these awful people are, but it's good people are finally coming forward. I don't think it will do a lot very quickly in Hollywood, but smaller places like this with people who aren't millionaires will hopefully clean up a lot of the garbage.

That dummy Tyler should have sold that safe space years ago when they offered 10 million for it.

Coulda played creepy grab ass every night of the week in Europe.

Now he gets nuthink.

lol

#10393 Deuteros  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

Tell her/her/it that's it's either playing videogames or having more sex.

It should work with the first two, at least.

#10394 Sielanas  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

That dummy Tyler should have sold that safe space years ago when they offered 10 million for it.
Coulda played creepy grab ass every night of the week in Europe.
Now he gets nuthink.

lol

Sound like you need shown out too if being against assault is "nuthink".

Excited about OGBC titles being shown, still crossing my fingers for Metal Wolf Chaos.

191839_b359839b3d00807e.png

#10395 Tandjame  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

Can anyone name a :360: or :xb1: game they would play even if it didn't have achievements? I apparently do that already with Destiny...

I would play Dark Souls 1 if it didn’t have achievements. I put 200 hours into that game AFTER 100%-ing it.

I’ve been enjoying the hell out of my SNES mini. Kicking my son’s ass in Mario Kart after he said he could beat me was all the achievement I needed.
860014.png

#10396 Tandjame  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Hold on to your butts... (known insider)

https://twitter.com/...719074534580224

Question for the super nerds: Which of these games would you consider “must play”? I never had og Xbox. I went from snes to GameCube to wii to 360.
860014.png

#10397 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

A few things tend to happen when you pass the age of 40 ... and no harm in feeling this way, so long as you still act morally, responsibly and with respect and consideration for others

1. You realize that you've gotten too old and have too much responsibility to worry about "asking permission" to do small, relatively inconsequential things

2. You stop caring about who disagrees with you, who doesn't like you, who may be butthurt, etc. because of something you said or did

3. You realize you've probably lived more days on this Earth than you have left (then reflect again on points #1 and #2 above)

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Rockin' it old school single-player style!

Find me on Xbox Live at Gamertag ...

FloriDUH+JBot.png

#10398 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13203 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

Saw someone with the Ohio license plate XBOX yesterday.

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

If 4chan is the Internet's anus, Reddit is the taint.

#10399 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1204 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

Question for the super nerds: Which of these games would you consider “must play”? I never had og Xbox. I went from snes to GameCube to wii to 360.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time was on GC so you may have played it, but that game was excellent. Combat was decent and the environmental puzzles really made you think for navigating 3D spaces, IMHO was a big inspiration for some of Uncharted's level designs. Shame the HD ports last gen of the 3 games were PS3 exclusive.

Knights of the Old Republic is a must, unless you just hate Star Wars. As happy as I'll be to see KOTOR go BC, I'd rather have the updated port on X1 and pay $15 or $20 for it, but if I can put my old OG disc in my X1 and play it, that's pretty cool too.

Platformer fans never shut up about Psychonauts. I never got around to it but I may finally give it a shot, especially if the OG version were to be BC.

People also love Ninja Gaiden. While I enjoy difficult games, NGB is a game I never got the hang of and was way too fucking hard.

6TJRqLz.gif

#10400 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:05 PM

My wife of 14 years puts up with my gaming because she knows how much her friends' husband's spend on golf, which could also be considered useless. Between the constant need for newer/better golf clubs and green fees, it can get expensive quickly. Even spending money on a new console like X1X doesn't look bad in comparison.

As a gamer and a golfer, this is true. Granted, I’ve played the same irons for 20 years, over replaced my driver, woods, wedges and putter at the rate of one club per year since I got back into the game 5 years ago.

#10401 .Beowulf  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

if one of the systems gave me the first two battlefronts I would be all set

have the discs but I'd rather get drafted to fight a Trump caused war than get up to change a disc

#10402 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6054 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

As a gamer and a golfer, this is true. Granted, I’ve played the same irons for 20 years, over replaced my driver, woods, wedges and putter at the rate of one club per year since I got back into the game 5 years ago.

Hey, just stop right there. We need some excuse that makes the cost of gaming seem reasonable. ;)

#10403 Tandjame  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:56 PM

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time was on GC so you may have played it, but that game was excellent. Combat was decent and the environmental puzzles really made you think for navigating 3D spaces, IMHO was a big inspiration for some of Uncharted's level designs. Shame the HD ports last gen of the 3 games were PS3 exclusive.

Knights of the Old Republic is a must, unless you just hate Star Wars. As happy as I'll be to see KOTOR go BC, I'd rather have the updated port on X1 and pay $15 or $20 for it, but if I can put my old OG disc in my X1 and play it, that's pretty cool too.

Platformer fans never shut up about Psychonauts. I never got around to it but I may finally give it a shot, especially if the BC version were to be BC.

People also love Ninja Gaiden. While I enjoy difficult games, NGB is a game I never got the hang of and was way too fucking hard.

Yeah, I remember PoP. KotOR I’ll play for sure! I didn’t even notice it in the pic. I’ll pick up Psychonauts if it’s cheap enough and I’ll probably pass on NG. I had one of them on 360. Maybe it’ll go bc.

Anyways, thanks!
860014.png

#10404 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5879 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

This coming Friday is on fire...

cover.jpg cover.jpg cover.jpg cover.jpg cover.jpg cover.jpg cDIriS6.jpg?1 cover.jpg bE6Uh1L.jpg?1 2t3HH8G.png?1 FeM01s3.png?1 H3MDlEW.png?1 npaaCZZ.png?1 cover.jpg cover.jpg 43wmA8n.png?1

10/23 - Slayaway Camp - TBA

10/24 - Deer Hunter Reloaded - $19.99   <--- also at retail

10/24 - Just Dance 2018 - $59.99

10/24 - Rugby 18 - $59.99

10/24 - Rapala Fishing: Pro Series - $19.99   <--- also at retail

10/24 - The Inner World: The Last Wind Monk - TBA   <--- retail version includes prequel

10/24 - The Mummy Demastered - $19.99

10/24 - We Sing: Pop - $29.99

10/25 - AER: Memories of Old - $14.99

10/25 - Nightmare Boy - TBA

10/25 - Numantia - TBA

10/27 - Real Farm - $39.99

10/27 - Little Nightmares: Complete Edition - $29.99

10/27 - Wolfenstein II - $59.99, $79.99

10/27 - Assassin's Creed Origins - $59.99, $69.99, $99.99

10/27 - Xbox One S: Assassin's Creed Origins Bundle - 500GB, 1TB   <--- includes Rainbow Six Siege

Wolf 2, AC Origins, and Super Mario Odyssey for me this week. You guys in for anything?

(Btw, if you are getting an X but choose not to buy either Shadow of War or AC: Origins, you're doing it wrong.)

XBL: starsleep3 .... PSN / Switch: Champloo4

1035269.png

#10405 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5411 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:12 PM

I use the “deflect and obfuscate” method.

I never tell her how much GS credit I have. That way, when I get something, there’s never any cash out of my account. She wouldn’t have any idea of something is new, anyway. I set it up, it sits for a few months before she recognizes it and I say “seriously? I got that a while back and told you all about it” and she says “oh, yeah. Now I remember that.” Problem taken care of.

I always keep an extra, empty guitar case in the house. That way, when I find a great guitar for a price I can’t refuse, the empty case gets filled and a new empty case shows up.

I’m the saver in the family, though, so the other side of that is that I have to pretend that there’s no money at all in savings, because she would want to spend every last penny if she could. So, every time we have to pull any money out of savings, I complain and make it very uncomfortable to pull money out. Unbeknownst to her, there’s always thousands of dollars in savings...

#10406 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3924 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:12 PM

Free Sling TV for today. No credit card required, just enter an e-mail address and password.

http://www.sling.com/watchfree

https://whatson.slin...ee-this-sunday/

There's an Xbox One app for Sling TV. I stream mine on my Roku.

#10407 .Beowulf  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

I used to love hunting and fishing games in the 90s when it was slim pickings 

not sure who plays those now as whenever I research their gameplay they look like they've barely changed or improved

farcry 3 is my hunting game anyway but it would be cool if someone made a really fun open world hunting game that didn't feel like some sort of duck dynasty style cash grab

#10408 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   1862 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

This coming Friday is on fire...

H3MDlEW.png?1

10/27 - Real Farm - $39.99

Finally the wait is over!

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#10409 Ejectedbunny   Cag Bunny CAGiversary!   477 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Ejectedbunny

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

Saw someone with the Ohio license plate XBOX yesterday.

You saw me!?

I'm getting Wolfenstein 2 with the season pass this week.

Might Pick up Mummy or Little Nightmares once the price is right..... Probably never going to pick up assassins creed unless I get it for free.... Just not a huge fan of the series unfortunately :-/

#10410 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13203 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

You saw me!?

I'm getting Wolfenstein 2 with the season pass this week.

Might Pick up Mummy or Little Nightmares once the price is right..... Probably never going to pick up assassins creed unless I get it for free.... Just not a huge fan of the series unfortunately :-/

Was that you?

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

If 4chan is the Internet's anus, Reddit is the taint.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold, DwG, GwG, XB1, 360