* * * * * 9 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Battlefield 4/Hardline, WRC 5/6, Devil May Cry, Prototype, more | Anime Month, ME: Andromeda | GwG: Runbow, Grow Up, Lego Pirates

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#1951 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2030 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:11 PM

Lol... I've been playing Ninja Gaiden II since 2008.  How bow dah?

#1952 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   2390 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:25 PM

After a lot of consideration I have decided to pass on Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD. Reading reviews it sounds like the content is minimal and they screwed up the controls on it. The controls is the main reason I loved the Tony Hawk series, you could feel good playing with minimal effort and do tons of tricks. RIP Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD, may your delisting go smooth tomo.

#1953 PatFortenbaugh   Allergies am I right? CAGiversary!   372 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:39 PM

How I feel when I'm reading this thread :

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?

#1954 The Brief Chef   Actor, Chef, & Gamer CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

The Brief Chef

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:51 PM

General question to the thread here... how does everyone define "backlog"? 

Every game that I have (physical, digital, DLC) that I eventually plan on playing through/beating.  With the onslaught of the Games with Gold, I've been trying to catalog everything so I have a working idea of what I can hold off on buying in the future.  I also tend to be bit of a completionist (all achievements) but I'm working on getting over that.

http://backloggery.com/TheBriefChef - My backlog currently sits at about 50% unfinished.  But it's slowly dropping.

Thanks to everyone for the input on my next game to work through- I'll work on starting Red Dead Redemption shortly

#1955 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   831 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

http://backloggery.com/TheBriefChef - My backlog currently sits at about 50% unfinished.  But it's slowly dropping.

Thanks to everyone for the input on my next game to work through- I'll work on starting Red Dead Redemption shortly

Added you to my backloggery multitap, seeing others work through their backlog motivates me to keep working on mine.

15413.png

#1956 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2113 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

Wait how do you get the videos to just show up? Not be a link?

It's called embedding and I'm still trying to figure it out.
Posted Image

#1957 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   875 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

On mobile it doesn't often work, but on my laptop just a Youtube or Twitter link is enough for the embed to work automatically.

Wow, very surprised to see a Gorilla Biscuits reference here!  :applause:

What can I say, I'm all about that PMA.

After a lot of consideration I have decided to pass on Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD. Reading reviews it sounds like the content is minimal and they screwed up the controls on it. The controls is the main reason I loved the Tony Hawk series, you could feel good playing with minimal effort and do tons of tricks. RIP Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD, may your delisting go smooth tomo.

If the DLC were included with the levels from THPS3 I'd be more inclined to get it. I played it on PS3 and it was a nice nostalgia trip, the controls weren't as bad as some people say. It's delisting is no great loss, though.

6TJRqLz.gif

#1958 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

Hmm, the winners (top 4?) of the Dragonball FighterZ tournament at Evo were given Xbox Ones as prizes. Maybe Microsoft has a marketing deal entirely, rather than just premiering the gameplay at their conference during E3. Otherwise I would have expected PS4s at Evo, it's pretty Sony heavy during this generation because of the popularity of the console.

https://www.facebook...155478367850629

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#1959 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   831 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

Anyone else notice that the $5 Xbox cards (which were currently the Hot Deal for this month) are no longer available as rewards in Microsoft/Bing rewards?

15413.png

#1960 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   12935 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

Wait how do you get the videos to just show up? Not be a link?

Paste it as plain text, not as a link.

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

#1961 PatFortenbaugh   Allergies am I right? CAGiversary!   372 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:00 PM

Paste it as plain text, not as a link.

Thanks darby, you're a dilly of a pickle!

B1Os11_IcAAH7cO.jpg

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?

#1962 Sielanas  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:03 PM

I didn't realize that Shadow of Mordor was getting an update to import data to Shadow of War. I'm even more impressed and going to back to finish the story mode instead of dicking around murdering endless orcs.

191839_b359839b3d00807e.png

#1963 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   10654 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:46 PM

To me backlog is whatever I give a shit about that I want to play. Being a digital only owner on the X1 (for the most part, I'm still getting KH3 on disc thanks to the Target glitch years ago where my pre-order is $36) there are games that I just regret buying or don't feel the need to play anymore. Obviously since It's digital I can't trade in my copy so I'm stuck with it For example, Runbow is not part of my backlog despite only playing two minutes of it. Because I will probably never play it again.

I am actually down to 42 X1/360 games in my backlog because of this point. If I were to count games i don't give a shit about anymore probably 60+.

Edit: Can't forget about OG XBox backlog at this point either. Though I'm sure that will be minimal if there are not going to be a lot of titles like Phil Spencer hinted.

That said 42 s way too low and I need to buy some more stuff on sale. So bring on the deals!

... go to sleep.

#1964 Strider Turbulence   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   6354 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:23 PM

Anyone else notice that the $5 Xbox cards (which were currently the Hot Deal for this month) are no longer available as rewards in Microsoft/Bing rewards?

Yeah, it was mentioned already in this thread. They probably 'ran' out once people figured out they can cash out for them every 4 or 5 days.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

Stop wasting your money on videogames and sign up at prizerebel! Just do some simple and short surveys and in a couple of weeks time, you'll have enough credit to buy a $60 release! Or PSN/Xbox credit. Why pay money to fund your hoarding addiction when you can do it for freeeee!!!

#1965 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

I predict Rise of Iron will be on sale tonight because of the Destiny 2 beta. Lol, jk. It will never go on sale.

#1966 GunstarRed   The Rated 'G' Superstar CAGiversary!   1555 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

Date night is just hours away now.

They're coming to get you, Bloomy. They're coming for you, Bloomy.

Gunstar+Red.png

#1967 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3349 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:55 PM

They're coming to get you, Bloomy. They're coming for you, Bloomy.

Spoiler

#1968 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:57 PM

Never noticed anything screwed up with the controls, not having all the music was a bit of a letdown but that's just the way it goes. 

#1969 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

http://backloggery.com/TheBriefChef - My backlog currently sits at about 50% unfinished. But it's slowly dropping.

That backloggery site looks pretty interesting. How hard is to keep it up to date? Do you have to enter everything manually?

#1970 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:26 PM

What can I say, I'm all about that PMA.

#1971 Weagle   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

That backloggery site looks pretty interesting. How hard is to keep it up to date? Do you have to enter everything manually?

From what I've seen and tried it is just manual entry.  I use Grouvee.com (stupid name) for my list at the moment.  There are a couple others as well out there.

Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts.

#1972 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   875 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:37 PM

I Against I is my favorite Bad Brains record, but this song will always be killer.

6TJRqLz.gif

#1973 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:04 PM

All this backlog talk reminds me why I avoid games like Andromeda (which I'm still enjoying a lot).

I enjoyed Heavy Rain so much that I played it almost in one sitting, so I would probably like Beyond even if it's flawed.

heavy rain is one of my favoorite games of all time

beyond is one of my most disappointing, i couldn't wait for it to be over

#1974 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   7748 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:26 PM

ataribox1.0.jpg

https://www.theverge...-specs-pictures

Anak+Chuckatoa.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

GameStop TIV comparison spreadsheet --> https://docs.google....zkYs/edit#gid=0

#1975 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:36 PM

ataribox1.0.jpg

https://www.theverge...-specs-pictures

This sparked my interest for a second, but the more I look the more I dislike what will be a dust collection nightmare. Not to mention that it has no cool metal switches.....Atari needs switches.

#1976 The Brief Chef   Actor, Chef, & Gamer CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

The Brief Chef

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

It's all manual entry.  Took some down time to get mine all up and running, but I prefer it to a spreadsheet.  Helps keep me on task and impulse purchase habits in check a bit as well.

Added you to my backloggery multitap, seeing others work through their backlog motivates me to keep working on mine.

Added you as well.  Better to work towards goals with a group instead of solo

#1977 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5165 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:07 PM

For tonight I predict predictions prior to 8:00 PM. 

946009.png   

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#1978 bgame2   Pure Cag Smoothness CAGiversary!   3493 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:10 PM

For tonight I predict predictions prior to 8:00 PM. 

I'm predicting you're wrong about this.  :)

Looking to slowly build a youtube channel.   Any help is appreciated.

#1979 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   2390 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:10 PM

I thought we are already expecting an EA sale tonight?

#1980 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:26 PM

Come on Doom for $10.......