* * * * - 14 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Deus Ex: MD, Cabela's, Mass Effect 2/3 DLC, more | Infinite Minigolf | GwG: Gone Home, Oxenfree, Rayman 3

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#4471 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:11 PM

Maybe you should upgrade your phone. Tne app says it require Android 4.1 and above. Your phone must be pretty old. I'm sure even the cheapo prepaid Android phones should be able to run it.

Yeah, I've had this for two years and I think it was a year old when I got it. I'll see if there is a workaround to get a newer Android on there as I can't really afford to do a decent upgrade currently, and everything else I use still works fine.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#4472 Brainwave0   Farvegnugen! CAGiversary!   702 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

that's strange. I got an in a chat and gave them the SN of my VCR, the Kinect, and the S and they sent me one... I guess it's all in who you talk to. I would try again.

I'll try chat. I spoke to them on the phone first time. We'll see...

Posted Image

Trade List: here

#4473 Jess Stryker   Mama Said To Knock You Out CAGiversary!   4365 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Jess Stryker

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:22 PM

Madden NFL 18 trial on EA Access now. 10 hours of free play.

https://www.ea.com/eaaccess/

Wondering if you'll be able to grab achievements in this trial. I remember Madden 17 didn't allow it for some asinine reason.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. https://go.twitch.tv/jess_stryker

Jess+Stryker.png

#4474 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65471 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

Extremely off topic but does anyone use movie pass? $10 a month for one movie per day, this sounds like a really good deal even if you only see two movies a month. 

https://www.engadget...ollars-a-month/

That would cost about two movies per month in price and I don't even see that. I just wait and can rent the vast majority of them for $0.99 via Google Play, PSN, Amazon, etc. Way cheaper.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#4475 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1211 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

That would cost about two movies per month in price and I don't even see that. I just wait and can rent the vast majority of them for $0.99 via Google Play, PSN, Amazon, etc. Way cheaper.

Where do you guys live that movie tickets are less than $10?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#4476 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

Even with student discount my cheapest movies are $8 in town, more if I go to the bigger theaters further away. I think there are daytime shows for like 6 or 7 but I usually go at night. I've got a group I go with at least once a month, so the option to see more stuff in the theater that I wouldn't necessarily want to pay for is pretty appealing. Aside from that, I'm paying for the experience of seeing something in the theater, I very rarely pay for any video at home any more, just the rare physical copy of something occasionally.

I was able to sideload the app and it let me sign in. It's not loading most stuff but I'm not sure if it's me because the reviews are saying they're having similar issues. I'm pretty sure they're getting hammered so hopefully it will work. I have a weird fork of Android for my operating system, so I think it may actually be compatible. I've had to sideload a few other apps in the past because of it.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#4477 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1211 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:54 PM

Even with student discount my cheapest movies are $8 in town, more if I go to the bigger theaters further away. I think there are daytime shows for like 6 or 7 but I usually go at night. I've got a group I go with at least once a month, so the option to see more stuff in the theater that I wouldn't necessarily want to pay for is pretty appealing. Aside from that, I'm paying for the experience of seeing something in the theater, I very rarely pay for any video at home any more, just the rare physical copy of something occasionally.

I was able to sideload the app and it let me sign in. It's not loading most stuff but I'm not sure if it's me because the reviews are saying they're having similar issues. I'm pretty sure they're getting hammered so hopefully it will work. I have a weird fork of Android for my operating system, so I think it may actually be compatible. I've had to sideload a few other apps in the past because of it.

I currently live in Puerto Rico but if I was in the states I would totally get in on this. I watch a movie almost every Friday. This would be an absolute steal for me. In Miami we're I previously lived movies we're at least $10 a showing.

#4478 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3874 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

It is an insanely good deal, but a problem I see is that you have to buy the tickets at the box office. That could be a problem for reserved seats theatres. I know in my area if you haven't reserved seats online and wait to buy tickets at the box office you are likely to get crappy seats. Supposedly you can buy advance tickets, but of course you'd still need to do that at the box office and only 1 ticket can be purchased per day.

Actually after reading some comments on SD, I see that some people are actually able to reserve tickets online at certain theatres.

Tickets are about $6 if you go to showings before noon at the AMC in my area. I guess it just depends on your area. I know some of the bigger cities do pay higher prices.

Check out https://www.facebook...34518183535577/ (skip to 52:00)

Talking about MoviePass.

#4479 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1211 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:03 PM

Actually after reading some comments on SD, I see that some people are actually able to reserve tickets online at certain theatres.

Tickets are about $6 if you go to showings before noon at the AMC in my area. I guess it just depends on your area. I know some of the bigger cities do pay higher prices.

Check out https://www.facebook...34518183535577/ (skip to 52:00)

Talking about MoviePass.

Even at $6 it's a steal since I usually watch about 4 movies a month. With this I'm sure I would go more. Love the movies.

#4480 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5784 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:13 PM

Interrupting movie talk to let you know that :360: Fuse is $2.58 at Walmart.com. (Not BC yet, but I thought the game was pretty good. Generic, but fun.)
https://www.walmart....ox-360/16795932

XBL: starsleep3 .... PSN / Switch: Champloo4

1035269.png

#4481 Ejectedbunny   Cag Bunny CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Ejectedbunny

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:14 PM

Damn I must have missed the We Happy Few price hike. I've been interested in it for a while but never got around to picking it up. Maybe I'll hope for a price glitch here soon.

#4482 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:18 PM

Every time Fuse comes up I have to post this. I guess buying it at this point isn't really sending a message anymore but they seemed to get it loud and clear that changing it so drastically was a mistake. It is funny that the Walmart screen shoot still have the original name though.

Spoiler

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#4483 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5784 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:33 PM

Oh...

1035269.png

#4484 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1211 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:34 PM

Oh...

https://twitter.com/...930935987040257

Just saw this. Fuck. What am I gonna play on my XboxX now.

#4485 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:35 PM

Recommend me a good free iOS game? I made a very last minute trip back to my friend and it's turned into a multi day thing. I am already so sick of hospitals, even though I used to work in one.

Titanfall!

VAXyo12.gif

#4486 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5784 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:36 PM

Sucks. I am still Day 1 for XB1X but... no big launch games isn't a good look. Super Lucky's Tale isn't going to carry the load.

They should delay Forza 7 to 11/7.

1035269.png

#4487 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2255 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

Just saw this. Fuck. What am I gonna play on my XboxX now.

South park The Fractured Butthole.
Posted Image

#4488 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:42 PM

It's actually a good idea to push it back. Look at what's coming out in November. It's jam packed. Crackdown 3 needs a month all to itself.

:xb1: Mafia III Deluxe Edition, brand new/unused season pass code, for $30. XBL credit or cash. PM me if interested.

#4489 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1211 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:46 PM

Thank you for saving the day. I am hyped about South Park

#4490 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5784 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:49 PM

It's actually a good idea to push it back. Look at what's coming out in November. It's jam packed. Crackdown 3 needs a month all to itself.

Groo, the angle is that there is nothing to move the new console off of store shelves now. Third party partnerships aren't going to move the console either. AC Origins will still sell better on PS4.

1035269.png

#4491 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:51 PM

The system will sell itself. Exclusives schmexlusives. Everyone wants to buy the most powerful console in the galaxy, the exclusives will come in time.

:xb1: Mafia III Deluxe Edition, brand new/unused season pass code, for $30. XBL credit or cash. PM me if interested.

#4492 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

I'm sure the game with the construction paper animation is going to have an amazing boost from the X.

Microsoft better have some new games to announce by E3 next year. The exclusive situation is beyond dire now. No Crackdown means we will have gotten TWO big AAA exclusives this year, Halo Wars 2 and Forza 7. (Lucky's Tale might be cool but it is a fairly budget platformer) We already know PS4 is destroying on the exclusive front, and Nintendo is just as strong now that a new system is out.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#4493 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1211 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:55 PM

Damn this is giving me a bad feeling. If they push back the next console I'm gonna fucking cry. I want that X. Have a nice little spot in my game room ready for that little beast.

#4494 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5784 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:56 PM

The system will sell itself. Exclusives schmexlusives. Everyone wants to buy the most powerful console in the galaxy, the exclusives will come in time.

I'm with you on the day 1 purchase - but there won't be many others besides us at launch now.

1035269.png

#4495 Doctor Zod  

Doctor Zod

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:58 PM

This man gets it. That's how Sony marketed the PS4 in late 2013 and early 2014. It was the most powerful console at the time and the big exclusives didn't come in until much later (Bloodborne in 2015, Uncharted 4 in 2016 and Horizon in 2017 to name only a few).

Granted, the Xbox brand does not have the good will nor the media/fan leniency that PlayStation has been enjoying for the last four years now. 

EDIT: At the risk of sounding like any potential sarcasm from Kristapa's post went over my head, it didn't. I don't know if was being sarcastic or not, but my point stands. If vanilla PS4 was able to sell like it did based on the promise of "greatness awaits" and the Switch launching with not that much software, maybe the 1X can pull it off without Crackdown 3 launching along with it.

doctor+zod.png

#4496 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:58 PM

Maybe they are announcing new exclusives, that would certainly be something they haven't done in a while.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#4497 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5581 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:00 PM

https://twitter.com/...927011787657216
Maybe they are announcing new exclusives, that would certainly be something they haven't done in a while.

Sad but true.

#4498 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65471 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:09 PM

Matinee is about $5.60 at my theater and I like to get in early before jerks/kids are there. It's perfect for Star Wars, where I've gotten in fine and when I get out, there's a big line of people for afternoon/evening showings. This is a theater that recently installed recliner seating without increasing prices.

Used to have a $1 theater that showed movies a month or two after release that I went to all of the time. Their matinee showing was right after my friend and I got out of high school, so we'd go at least once per week to watch a movie for $0.50. Probably spent about $20-$30 for the entire year's worth of movies that I saw.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#4499 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5288 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:15 PM

^ This guys funny. 

Spoiler

946009.png  

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#4500 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5369 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:20 PM

Whether I buy this system day one or not depends entirely on the amount of flippageddons between now and November.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold, DwG, GwG, XB1, 360