* * * * - 16 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Forza, Divinity OS, Metro, 360 Capcom, more | GwG: Vermintide, Tales / Borderlands; Child of Eden | Game Awards, Bundles

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#11851 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:57 AM

When they do, I'll take your XBox One X preorder and play it on a 720P TV just so you'll be rolling in your grave.

That's what I'm doing until I buy a 4k tv the week before the Superbowl

15413.png

#11852 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9293 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:05 AM

This might have been posted already and I went back but couldn't find it so:

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67ecuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.oVbieaO.pngVdThmcK.jpg

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

:xbox: Call of Duty 4: MW Series, GRiD 2, Forza Horizon

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
:D Far Cry 5, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2

#11853 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6403 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:02 AM

Less than 24 hours folks. I just hope Best Buy is organized so I can get it and get home.

#11854 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   981 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:08 AM

What kind of internet you got? That sounds brutal. I typically get ~50MB/s and even that feels slow with some of these massive games.

very brutal! lol

Basically it's only two options for me "out in the middle of nowhere" - Upstate NY -, Satellite or Cell Tower. We've tried Satellite internet and it's worse in terms of higher ping and lower caps. They'll also slow you down if you're getting close to the cap, not even if you go over but if you're getting 75% of it. So now we're on Verizon's Unlimited plan and I've got my XB1 connected via hotspot from my Google Pixel phone. For any hotspot with that plan however you can only use 15GB before devices that rely on it get slowed down. Unfortunately it seems downloads take forever, like av 500 KB/sec with an unsteady "flow" of data so at times it is higher (I've seen it go only up to 9Mb/sec for a short few seconds and then nothing after it's throttled) and other times non-existent. After I waited for my Gears 4 update (13.91GB) to get finished I went and played some campaign - which I had set aside to play once the X comes out but I can't get the X with my current situation -, and unlocked a bunch of achievements for that Rally the Troops thing. Was also able to get in a few multiplayer rounds - am thankful I can still do that -, I'm still not the best but I can hold my own online. Haven't played since Gears 3 to be honest lol. Looked up info on my current TV and it doesn't support HDR so hmm, there goes any interest to grab the S in the coming month - it'll have to be a really good deal during BF maybe.

Yeah I would kill for those speeds. SEriously, just give me a name...

same torture here, live in the middle of nowhere in FL. internet options here are thru satellite or dsl or cell. cell is 3g/2g for my subdivision since i live outside of town. satellite charges an arm & leg literally so we're stuck with dsl which is like 6mbps up & 1mbps down lol, takes forever to download anything.

they tried to force 4k updates on my regular one which were massive, cancelled the updates which deleted the entire games

and I didn't have 4k enabled and couldn't play the games while their huge updates were dling

no idea wtf kinda shit that was as I had to redownload over 200gig from cancelled updates I didn't have enabled

happen to anyone else?

idk how I'm gonna deal with all these forced updates/patches on my games, I have not gone online in days on my xb1s coz I don't have space or patience to download these massive updates that prevent u from playing. plus i don't want my games to be auto deleted like what happened to .Beowulf's games if I cancel the updates! omg would take over a month to redl all my games =( don't wanna play anything offline either coz achievements earned offline don't sync properly when I go online either. I still can't figure out how to properly sync...i redid some activities while online and they still wouldn't pop UGH.

Whats with the XB1X marketing campaign change? Anyone remember MS saying this was to be the tiniest XB EVER at the beginning? Yet the dimensions have been verified...its bigger than the XB1S o.O and I noticed they stopped saying its tiniest ever lol... They couldn't even make it just 1 mm lol smaller? Geez...Reminds me of the false marketing done for Halo 5 story lol.

#11855 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:37 AM

Dear god I've been in the library for 5 hours with a 4 part to-do list and I've spent the majority of that time researching one paper.

I've spent this whole weekend alternating between studying for a stats midterm and researching for a history paper  :wall:

VAXyo12.gif

#11856 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8587 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:47 AM

very brutal! lol
same torture here, live in the middle of nowhere in FL. internet options here are thru satellite or dsl or cell. cell is 3g/2g for my subdivision since i live outside of town. satellite charges an arm & leg literally so we're stuck with dsl which is like 6mbps up & 1mbps down lol, takes forever to download anything.

idk how I'm gonna deal with all these forced updates/patches on my games, I have not gone online in days on my xb1s coz I don't have space or patience to download these massive updates that prevent u from playing. plus i don't want my games to be auto deleted like what happened to .Beowulf's games if I cancel the updates! omg would take over a month to redl all my games =( don't wanna play anything offline either coz achievements earned offline don't sync properly when I go online either. I still can't figure out how to properly sync...i redid some activities while online and they still wouldn't pop UGH.

Whats with the XB1X marketing campaign change? Anyone remember MS saying this was to be the tiniest XB EVER at the beginning? Yet the dimensions have been verified...its bigger than the XB1S o.O and I noticed they stopped saying its tiniest ever lol... They couldn't even make it just 1 mm lol smaller? Geez...Reminds me of the false marketing done for Halo 5 story lol.

I think the dimensions of the One X overall are less than the One S, that it is maybe deeper than the One S but also shorter and narrower.  But I don't care about that, as long as it fits in the spot where I have my One S.

#11857 wakkawakka   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

wakkawakka

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:22 AM

I can't wait to compare the loading speeds between the one x and the hybrid drive Xbox one. Shits gonna be so exciting!

#11858 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10460 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:29 AM

The X is actually just a tiny bit wider. Not a difference of any consequence though. 11.6 inches vs 11.8. It's also deeper, but again not of any significance. 9.45 inches vs 9.01. source: https://www.cnet.com...sizes-compared/

Was going to sell my Scorpio and just buy the regular one, but the profit on the Scorpio has gone down enough recently that I'll probably keep it since it barely seems worth the hassle of selling. Either way, pretty excited for Tuesday.
Posted Image

#11859 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   10984 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:12 AM

If anyone was curious what games had dynamic resolutions on the 360 there was only a handful. Brink, DOA5, Ninja Gaiden 3 and TT2. I have a feeling I'm missing another one. The only important BC one was Tekken Tag Tournament 2, so curious how much better that's going to look on the X. Edit: Looks like Syndicate is dyanmic resolution but not BC yet.

I'm re-downloading The Division trial just to see how it looks when the patch goes up.

I got shipment info from the MS store and It's supposed to be here tomorrow by 8pm Eastern from Fedex.

... go to sleep.

#11860 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   981 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:16 AM

I think the dimensions of the One X overall are less than the One S, that it is maybe deeper than the One S but also shorter and narrower.  But I don't care about that, as long as it fits in the spot where I have my One S.

The X is actually just a tiny bit wider. Not a difference of any consequence though. 11.6 inches vs 11.8. It's also deeper, but again not of any significance. 9.45 inches vs 9.01. source: https://www.cnet.com...sizes-compared/

Was going to sell my Scorpio and just buy the regular one, but the profit on the Scorpio has gone down enough recently that I'll probably keep it since it barely seems worth the hassle of selling. Either way, pretty excited for Tuesday.

Ya not a big deal for us gamers, digital promo marketing materials can be modified but just realized all the $ wasted on the physical promo marketing campaign materials MS had to dump about "Project Scorpio is the smallest Xbox ever!!" coz they couldn't make the XB1X tinier than the XB1S on all sides... the console design engineering team probably took that hit I guess. Better if they just had mentioned it be the most powerful console ever & drop the size aspect from the beginning...

XB1S is 11.6x8.9x2.5 inches
XB1X is 11.8x9.5x2.4 inches

source: https://www.gamespot...a/1100-6443665/

Super Lucky's Tale looks soooooooooooooooooo adorable!!!! <3

Anyone else besides .Beowulf had any issues with games being deleted if u cancel the autoupdates/patches O.o I don't want to download my entire library again on my slow as molasses internet here in the middle of nowhere =(

Haven't gamed on my offline XB1S in days coz of these forced patches/updates & also coz MS hasn't given us a way to force sync achievements earned offline yet. I have achievements that refuse to unlock after redoing them while online & probably permanently stuck locked now =(

#11861 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   2858 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:31 AM

Anyone else besides .Beowulf had any issues with games being deleted if u cancel the autoupdates/patches O.o I don't want to download my entire library again on my slow as molasses internet here in the middle of nowhere =(

If you have started an update download and it has moved from the "updates" section to the "queue" section, even if you've just downloaded 1MB, if you cancel it will always unistall the entire game. You're better off making sure auto updates are off and never starting a download unless you're certain you want to finish it if hard drive space or data caps are a concern.

782879.png

#11862 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   312 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:44 AM

The update servers were stress tested for an influx of xbox one x's downloading 4k assets and more tomorrow night right?

#11863 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   981 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:46 AM

If you have started an update download and it has moved from the "updates" section to the "queue" section, even if you've just downloaded 1MB, if you cancel it will always unistall the entire game. You're better off making sure auto updates are off and never starting a download unless you're certain you want to finish it if hard drive space or data caps are a concern.

omg wasn't aware of that at all lol! I guess that's what must've happened to .Beowulf then unfortunately I suppose.

Ya my autoupdates are turned off thankfully.

Now the issue I have left before I take my XB1S back online is the enhancements that are being disguised as forced updates/patches & quits the game if u don't download them...completely redonkulous =(

#11864 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7437 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:53 AM

That's what I'm doing until I buy a 4k tv the week before the Superbowl

The best time to buy a tv is in March. They close out that years models and get ready for the new models coming out.
Mr+hockey66.png

giphy.gif

#11865 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2180 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:04 AM

The update servers were stress tested for an influx of xbox one x's downloading 4k assets and more tomorrow night right?

Yup.  Same team that tested the COD:WWII servers

#11866 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:15 AM

I've spent this whole weekend alternating between studying for a stats midterm and researching for a history paper :wall:

I miss those days. Although I'd never do another 23 credit hour semester.

#11867 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   312 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

Yup. Same team that tested the COD:WWII servers

Good to know. I'll be downloading probably half a terabyte. My poor data cap.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#11868 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6403 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

Anyone using a Seagate Backup Plus 4TB for their X1? Rakuten has it on sale for its DOTD for $79.99. Not sure if I like that it’s got a power cord though. I have too much shit plugged in by my TV as it is.

#11869 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:30 PM

Every HDD that's ever failed me or died has been a Seagate. Anecdotal, but the last time it came up on a forum, ~20 other people said the same thing. Take that for what you will.

6TJRqLz.gif

#11870 dreweth99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   202 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

dreweth99

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

Anyone using a Seagate Backup Plus 4TB for their X1? Rakuten has it on sale for its DOTD for $79.99. Not sure if I like that it’s got a power cord though. I have too much shit plugged in by my TV as it is.

Pretty sure that’s what I have. Extra power cable. Solid black.
It’s fine. So long as you really don’t need to move 4TB around if you take your box.

It’s actually nice that it looks like a piece of the entertainment console not just a random hard drive.

#11871 .Beowulf  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

omg wasn't aware of that at all lol! I guess that's what must've happened to .Beowulf then unfortunately I suppose.

Ya my autoupdates are turned off thankfully.

Now the issue I have left before I take my XB1S back online is the enhancements that are being disguised as forced updates/patches & quits the game if u don't download them...completely redonkulous =(

I took one for the team

took a few days to redownload 3 big ass games (200+gig)

and I never had the 4k thing enabled nor do I have an X

bout to leave this mother effer off for a few weeks to let any weirdness get worked out so I don't take any more to the knee

////

also all of my externals for consoles are seagate 5tb with the power cord, no issues thus far and intend to buy the 8tb ones down the road if they get cheaper just to add to the anecdotes 

#11872 kcobra22  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:50 PM

more X1X updates are going up.

Final Fantasy XV

Dishonored 2

Conan Exiles

Paladins

Smite

Wolfenstein 2

Evil Within 2

Shadow of War

Elite Dangerous

#11873 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6403 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for the replies on the hard drive. Cheapest I’ve seen of late. Probably could wait it out but Fuck it. Ordered.

Damn this is going to be an expensive month.

Well, Polygon trashed Sonic Forces (5/10). If reviews continue that way, that’s a good thing. I don’t need to buy another game this month! (Except dirt cheap ones, of course)

#11874 Ejectedbunny   Cag Bunny CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Ejectedbunny

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:16 PM

Anyone wanna help me get the COD WW2 Zombie characters? Some of them seem quite hard to get.

#11875 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7438 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:36 PM

Vermintide update is out, still says coming soon on the site but figured I'd let you guys know! 

659629.png?68329996

I like to stream sometimes! twitch.tv/mociwe

#11876 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6403 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

So all X1X enhanced games 50-75% off tonight, right?

#11877 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2385 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

So all X1X enhanced games 50-75% off tonight, right?

Not sure but it's about damn time that they need to put Pierre Solaire on sale.
Posted Image

#11878 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:51 PM

I'm not sure if anybody posted the actual link, but here is Mutant Football League. $24.99 or free for 60 minutes.

https://www.microsof...1sfv91q3r?rtc=1

XBL: starsleep3 .... PSN / Switch: Champloo4

1035269.png

#11879 kcobra22  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:27 PM

Looks like ESO and Elite will both run at native 4k

ESO X1X Patch notes:

• Native 4K resolution
  • Upgraded shadows with Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
  • Upgraded water reflections
  • Increased view distance

Elite Dangerous notes:

• Elite Dangerous runs in native 4K @ 3840×2160 on Xbox One X if set to 4K mode.
  • All I can say specifically regarding framerate is that Xbox One X owners will see greatly increased performance over a standard Xbox One whether they play at 1080p or 4K. We try to always give players the best possible framerate and adapt it to the content in the scene.

#11880 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6403 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:29 PM

ESO is generally a pretty ugly ass game. Doubt 4K is going to help that.

Wish the Skyrim update would hit before ESO TBH.