* * * * - 16 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Mega Man, Bridge Constructor, Styx, Refunct, more | GwG: BTTF, Vermintide; Marlow Briggs | Spotlight Battlefron II, Injustice 2

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#7591 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

Also, on the Halo news (which is awesome) - anyone know if Firefight from ODST is included? It says “Campaign Edition” and I’m pretty sure Firefight was usually included in that definition since it’s the same disc, but just curious if anyone has tried.

#7592 mitch079   Fun hurts my lungs. CAGiversary!   12545 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

I'd rather not give any russian site any of my information directly.  I'll let Gamestop and Equifax do it for me instead.

Under Construction

spoiler.JPG

#7593 gogomo  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

That’s a good point. The Vault of Glass wasn’t out for almost a month when D1 came out IIRC, and I didn’t even do it until after Crota DLC came out. Maybe having the raid drop in week 2 made everyone want to push for that high level super fast. Took some of the fun out of it.

Release of VoG was similar to release of raid here.  D1 released on Sept 9, and my VoG raid achievement is dated Sept 20.

I think the issue is more that improvements in D2 made it easier for people to level up, and because most of us have played D1, we are smarter about how to level up faster.  Back in D1, it was way grindier and way slower to level up.

I like the improvements in D2 and while I agree that the endgame content is lacking, I don't think slowing down our progression would've made it any better.  Just more time consuming and painful.  They need more content.  There's a small number of PvP maps and only a handful of strikes here.  And they don't incentivize people to try out all the adventures and lost sectors.

#7594 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

I'm not sure since you're buying currency instead exploiting a free glitch like the Oman Wars. I know alt accounts making legit purchases is allowed on PS4 and Switch, but I don't remember on Xbox.

I didn't look into the reddit thread, but if you can just add currency to your account then you're in the clear. If you have to provide a billing address where you don't receive mail, that's when you violate ToS and commit fraud.

I'd rather not give any russian site any of my information directly. I'll let Gamestop and Equifax do it for me instead.

We're talking about the language setting on xbox.com, which if you're still unclear is a US website owned and operated by a US company.

#7595 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:02 PM

Can someone clarify something on the new Minecraft "Better Together" update for me? (I understand the cross play stuff.)

This "new" Minecraft downloaded automatically yesterday as a separate game entirely. Has a separate set of locked achievements and everything. Is this replacing the "Xbox One Edition" altogether? Will everything I've done in the "old" game worlds load into the new version?

The "XB1 Edition" has been removed and replaced by this one:

https://www.microsof...LGGH537BL?rtc=1

FYI, disc owners have until 1/30 to grab the new version for free. No time limit for digital owners.

*Owners of a digital version of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition can download the new, updated game in the Xbox Store for free. Until January 30th, 2018, owners of the disc version of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition can download the new game once they have played Minecraft for 5 or more hours in the past 12 months OR purchased a DLC Pack.

XBL: starsleep3 .... PSN / Switch: Champloo4

1035269.png

#7596 kcobra22  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

Can someone clarify something on the new Minecraft "Better Together" update for me? (I understand the cross play stuff.)

This "new" Minecraft downloaded automatically yesterday as a separate game entirely. Has a separate set of locked achievements and everything. Is this replacing the "Xbox One Edition" altogether? Will everything I've done in the "old" game worlds load into the new version?

Both versions will still exist but the old one won't be updated anymore. Your old worlds will import into the new version and since the new one has infinite worlds, they'll be converted to infinite worlds as well.

But yeah, they'll be treated as two different games with achievements.

#7597 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:16 PM

Been doing Xbox Rewards for sometime, just now found out that preorders don't count towards your myVIP bonus. I don't do the preorders punchcard, I would get less back than the myVIP rewards. What a load.

#7598 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

Release of VoG was similar to release of raid here. D1 released on Sept 9, and my VoG raid achievement is dated Sept 20.

I think the issue is more that improvements in D2 made it easier for people to level up, and because most of us have played D1, we are smarter about how to level up faster. Back in D1, it was way grindier and way slower to level up.

I like the improvements in D2 and while I agree that the endgame content is lacking, I don't think slowing down our progression would've made it any better. Just more time consuming and painful. They need more content. There's a small number of PvP maps and only a handful of strikes here. And they don't incentivize people to try out all the adventures and lost sectors.

Oh ok, thanks. I’m at work and didn’t have a chance to search the date (also being lazy since I have a 3 day weekend ahead haha). I thought VoG was in October but guess I was wrong. You’re right though, it was definitely more of a grind the first time around and now most of us are used to it so it went much quicker. Maybe Faction Rally next week will add something fun to do for a little while.

#7599 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65937 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

Release of VoG was similar to release of raid here.  D1 released on Sept 9, and my VoG raid achievement is dated Sept 20.

I think the issue is more that improvements in D2 made it easier for people to level up, and because most of us have played D1, we are smarter about how to level up faster.  Back in D1, it was way grindier and way slower to level up.

I like the improvements in D2 and while I agree that the endgame content is lacking, I don't think slowing down our progression would've made it any better.  Just more time consuming and painful.  They need more content.  There's a small number of PvP maps and only a handful of strikes here.  And they don't incentivize people to try out all the adventures and lost sectors.

If you remember, you could not level up past 20 in Destiny and had to grind for better gear to increase your light level, which then increased your character level. Add in the many currencies and overall obfuscation of various aspects of that game and it was clear that it wasn't a fully-developed game, but one that was patched together from a great whole because they ran out of time to make the game they originally wanted.

Destiny 2 is like if they made a sequel with more content and the general Loot 2.0 concept of Diablo III UEE/Reaper of Souls of just giving people more loot to make the playing of the game more fun and enjoyable instead of a grind, unless you want that.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#7600 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2482 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:35 PM

Also, on the Halo news (which is awesome) - anyone know if Firefight from ODST is included? It says “Campaign Edition” and I’m pretty sure Firefight was usually included in that definition since it’s the same disc, but just curious if anyone has tried.

It should. The digital version came out with that name because physical had a separate disc with Halo 3's multiplayer. The bullshit disc that had the final Halo 3 DLC that was delayed by like 4 months to make ODST worth $60. Man, I forgot how bullshit the situation was when Bungie went independent in 2007.

-Mythic Map Pack held ransom in the Halo Wars collector's edition for a month.

-ODST announced as a downloadable Halo 3 expansion then "upgraded" to full a $60 release to fulfill one of the contracted Halo games they need.

-Mythic Map Pack II shown off in a Bungie Weekly Update fairly soon after Mythic 1, then delayed until ODST's release for above mentioned disc

Don't get me wrong, I love ODST, but it definitely should have been $40 at launch with no multiplayer and Firefight having major networking issues (lag and slowdown makes it near unplayable if players are physically far enough apart, say opposite ends of the US, or US to England like my group had, which is probably why it didn't have matchmaking either). At least they figured this out over the years, \Anniversary managed to release at $40 while piggybacking off of Reach's multiplayer.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7601 beaubalon  

beaubalon

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

Both versions will still exist but the old one won't be updated anymore. Your old worlds will import into the new version and since the new one has infinite worlds, they'll be converted to infinite worlds as well.

But yeah, they'll be treated as two different games with achievements.

No further updates for Xbox One Edition? That sucks because i definitely didn't care for the feel of Better Together. Felt like I was playing on a tablet or something

#7602 Doctor Zod  

Doctor Zod

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:49 PM

I was sure MS were announcing the 360 Halo games going BC this coming Monday when Halo 3 turns ten years old. I guess the October GWG announcement will come next week not this one (was hoping for today or tomorrow).

Good thing is that I will finally have the opportunity to beat the 360 version of ODST. Didn't get to play it until it came out as free DLC for the MCC.

doctor+zod.png

#7603 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6411 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:15 PM

Finally got my MoviePass card today. “It” is calling my name this weekend!

#7604 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2482 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

Got Halo 3 downloaded, including like 500mb of saved maps and stuff (lol)

With campaign, initial load times seem a bit faster than I remember, with in mission loads are instant with no hiccups like you would sometimes see on 360.  It looks better than I expected, though some of that is being used to my 360 which didn't have HDMI. I think the art style holds up better than the more detailed style in Halo 4, which I was playing in MCC a couple weeks back.

Currently showing 1302 players online, the individual playlist counts were showing zero for all playlists, and now simply aren't showing anything at all in the menu. When actually searching I'm getting a number though (680 in Social Slayer, which is usually the most populated). Hopefully we do see a decent boost. 8 out of 10 players in my game were registered on Bungie.net, which you haven't been able to do for like 5 years, and we got wrecked pretty hard. Seems like it's only the hardcore guys that were still playing on 360 at the moment. That could just be from my rank too.

I only have 744 hours of Halo 3 played though (not counting time not connected to Live), so I'm no expert.

Edit:

I just tried Action Sack that shows Population 0 and found a game. It was only 3v3 instead of 4v4 though, so it must be low.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7605 Sielanas  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:29 PM

https://www.forbes.c...ung-on-purpose/

A tweak from Bungie I can get behind.

https://www.polygon....ease-date-price

The holiday purchase I neeeeed.

191839_b359839b3d00807e.png

#7606 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:51 PM

One more week of multiple 13 hour days in my program and things will quiet down. Been reading the thread but too busy for much else. I've been pushing buttons in the SoR collection for achievements.

BC announcement is good. If Lost Odyssey can be made digital, I don't understand why Halo CE 360 hasn't been.

6TJRqLz.gif

#7607 Doctor Zod  

Doctor Zod

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

BC announcement is good. If Lost Odyssey can be made digital, I don't understand why Halo CE 360 hasn't been.

The Lost Odyssey, the Dead Space sequels and Rage didn't have digital versions until they all went BC. Which makes the lack of a digital Halo CEA even more puzzling.

doctor+zod.png

#7608 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2482 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

Halo CEA wasn't two discs, so I'm not sure what comparison you guys are making. I don't really see what was holding it back since it was all on one disc. They just announced digital is coming though.

https://www.halowayp.../back-mentality

"Also, note that Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary isn't available just yet as a digital download, but will be soon, and is still backward compatible via disc. "

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7609 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:26 PM

Halo CEA wasn't two discs, so I'm not sure what comparison you guys are making. I don't really see what was holding it back since it was all on one disc. They just announced digital is coming though.

https://www.halowayp.../back-mentality

"Also, note that Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary isn't available just yet as a digital download, but will be soon, and is still backward compatible via disc. "

No comparison other than games that were previously incapable of being digital finally are, and MS has never bothered to make the first entry of their flagship franchise available digital, even though it came out after Halo 3 and ODST and before Halo 4, all of which are on XBL.

"I don't see what was holding it back." That's all I meant, it's very odd.

6TJRqLz.gif

#7610 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7438 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:21 PM

I saw someone say ODST had the best firefight, I thought that was easily the worst of the firefights myself haha

659629.png?68329996

I like to stream sometimes! twitch.tv/mociwe

#7611 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   3930 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:47 PM

with og xbox BC anyone think there is any chance of getting more digital xbox originals?

1024483.png

#7612 mitch079   Fun hurts my lungs. CAGiversary!   12545 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:56 PM

We're talking about the language setting on xbox.com, which if you're still unclear is a US website owned and operated by a US company.

I was referring to the reddit post that linked to a russian website to buy russian xbone codes from. Tighten that girdle, Brannigan!

Under Construction

spoiler.JPG

#7613 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:17 AM

with og xbox BC anyone think there is any chance of getting more digital xbox originals?

Possibly for the X1, but I doubt they'll be compatible with the 360 as well, but then again, MS has been pretty generous with this whole thing.

6TJRqLz.gif

#7614 .Beowulf  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:37 AM

got an email about the 30% off the 10$ microsoft card for points

for anyone that was confused yesterday about doing the quiz and nothing showing up

comes in a separate email  

#7615 Brainwave0   Farvegnugen! CAGiversary!   704 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:08 AM

I'm still confused. I see only 10% discount when I click on the email.

Posted Image

Trade List: here

#7616 The Brief Chef   Actor, Chef, & Gamer CAGiversary!   151 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

The Brief Chef

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:25 AM

Excited about the BC Halo news.  Maybe now I'll finally start Halo 4.  My siblings and I still play Reach (we have enough for 8 people).

OXENFREE was trip. Also- gave me nightmares but I'm planning on going back for more.  I'm a vivid dreamer; what can I say.

But it's short and has amazing voice acting.  13/10

#7617 .Beowulf  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:30 AM

I'm still confused. I see only 10% discount when I click on the email.

yeah the whole bing rewards stuff has been giving me issues lately

#7618 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9297 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:21 AM

got an email about the 30% off the 10$ microsoft card for points

for anyone that was confused yesterday about doing the quiz and nothing showing up

comes in a separate email

^Rewards are working for me.

It was funny because I saw this before I saw the email. Did the super easy scavenging hunt and then it took me to the redeem page where yup there it is 30%. Sooooo, the email was a portal then?!

Just for reference I got an upgrade llama - from the V Bucks I had gotten from challenges - three times so that's 1) silver 2) gold & the 3rd) Boom lots of goodies spill out.

Got a legendary shotty, Tigerjaw, (1,075.2 DPS) which I'm saving my schematic XP to level up for now!

I had also gotten an email, Your Fortnite Battle Royale Founder's Reward, that said they were giving me a Founder glider (camo) and if I've won a match a Founder umbrella (again is camo).
Laadeedaaa

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67ecuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.oVbieaO.pngVdThmcK.jpg

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

:xbox: Call of Duty 4: MW Series, GRiD 2, Forza Horizon

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
:D Far Cry 5, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2

#7619 kcobra22  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:57 AM

Taco Bell online code https://winxbox.com/amoe

Between 12:00 AM ET on 9/22/2017 and 11:59 PM ET on 10/4/17, an eligible consumer can play the following game code 2YKSS3PSSPBS once daily for his/her chance to win a prize. Text 2YKSS3PSSPBS to 72823 for a chance to win or play online at https://winxbox.com/

good luck.

#7620 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   10985 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:57 AM

Doom is back on the X enhanced list.

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Edit : Also Tacoma has been re-added as well.

... go to sleep.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold, DwG, GwG, XB1, 360