* * * * - 14 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Witcher 3, Wildlands, EA Sports, 2K, more | Spotlight: Fortnite, Fallout, more | GwG: Turing Test, Gone Home, MOH: Airborne

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#7621 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   10849 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:59 AM

Taco Bell online code https://winxbox.com/amoe

Between 12:00 AM ET on 9/22/2017 and 11:59 PM ET on 10/4/17, an eligible consumer can play the following game code 2YKSS3PSSPBS once daily for his/her chance to win a prize. Text 2YKSS3PSSPBS to 72823 for a chance to win or play online at https://winxbox.com/

good luck.

YES!

@Gurren_Lagann nah just excited I don't have to buy anything at Taco Bell anymore.

... go to sleep.

#7622 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2265 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:11 AM

YES!

Congrats?
Posted Image

#7623 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   10849 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:54 AM

I just got around to playing some Halo 3 MP. It was several hundred around BC time. Just a hour ago it was several thousands.

It's rather rough going back to Halo 3 BC especially when you factor in Halo MCC. It's hard to go back to 30fps but it was fun. Curious as to what the numbers will be come the weekend.

... go to sleep.

#7624 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:02 AM

with og xbox BC anyone think there is any chance of getting more digital xbox originals?

I would hope they do, I'm not sure how much stuff they offered digitally on the 360 from the OG Xbox. I bought Pirates, Psychonauts, and Ninja Gaiden Black off the top of my head, but I don't remember there being a ton of them in the 360 store. 

#7625 inkcil   The Original Baby Bomber Baby! CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:09 AM

Between 12:00 AM ET on 9/22/2017 and 11:59 PM ET on 10/4/17, an eligible consumer can play the following game code 2YKSS3PSSPBS once daily for his/her chance to win a prize. Text 2YKSS3PSSPBS to 72823 for a chance to win or play online at https://winxbox.com/

good luck.

I was like "one more hour...wait a minute, I'm in Cali." 

Thanks for the reminder!  Still recovering from my gordita assault crunch box thingy with the yellow Mountain Dew. 

#7626 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9076 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:46 AM

good luck.

As someone who lives out in the middle of nowhere, and rather far from Taco Bell, thank you!

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67ecuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.oVbieaO.pngVdThmcK.jpg

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

:xbox: Call of Duty 4: MW Series, GRiD 2, Forza Horizon

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
:D Assassin's Creed: Origins, Crackdown 3, Sea of Theives, State of Decay 2

#7627 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13136 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:05 PM

This is more of why I will never buy a 2k sports game: http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1436493

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

If 4chan is the Internet's anus, Reddit is the taint.

#7628 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5795 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

Update on Dying Light's new content:

XBL: starsleep3 .... PSN / Switch: Champloo4

1035269.png

#7629 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5795 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:07 PM

1035269.png

#7630 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5606 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:40 PM

Update on Dying Light's new content:

https://twitter.com/...213638534475776

Have a $5 coupon to use at GS. Might finally pick this up for ~$8

#7631 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2296 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

I saw someone say ODST had the best firefight, I thought that was easily the worst of the firefights myself haha

They're different enough that it comes to preference.

ODST: Tough as nails to survive for long, requires constant communication and teamwork. Maps, spawn areas, and weapon spawns are crafted to support this design philosophy. 

Reach: Tweaked drastically to make it work for matchmaking. Now you have general loadouts, which generally focused on getting the highest score possible in a time frame or completing one set, rather than the 4 sets generally aimed for in ODST because of Endure. While you could bump the difficulty to be more like ODST in custom games, it functionally became a blow off steam mode. The hardcore mode basically became impossible to play as the low stress Arcade mode became popular.

Halo 4: Replaced with Spartan Ops, a failed experiment to give story players something worthwhile in the matchmaking side of the game. The story was bad mostly from virtually all characters being terrible, especially Fireteam Majestic that were the focus of the cutscenes while your own Fireteam Crimson was there to clean up their messes. Overall I'd compare this more to the campaign gameplay than Firefight. Other than having way more enemies it was pretty much the same, with weapon drops and was no round system. Outside of gameplay this is the example I usually go to for 343 clearly wanting to but their own huge stamp on the series, with the heavy focus on how "cool" the Spartan IVs were, something that didn't actually have any merit until Halo 5 with Fireteam Osiris. 

Halo 5: Added as an afterthought to try and get Arena only players to use the weapons you can only get from microtransactions. It was ridiculously hard on launch, trign to get you to burn through REQs to have any chance of finishing. Once they added more difficulties it became much better. The easiest mode, Heroic, feels between ODST and Reach, though a lot closer to Reach.

When you look back at ODST, and remember that it was made by the core team that then went on to work on early Destiny instead of Reach, it's pretty clear that a lot of Raid ideas were taken from it. Possibly the Nightfall to, with ODST adding the Skulls in as you got farther.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7632 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:12 PM

If I'm reading all this halo discussion correctly to complete my full halo line up in XB1 I need:

1) Halo MCC as it has 60 fps.

2) Halo 3 ODST for Xbox 360 as it is now BC. There is an ODST dlc for MCC but it is campaign only. So you sacrifice 60 fps for mutiplayer or vice versa with ODST. Or you get both.

3) Halo Reach. Only available for Xbox 360 and now BC.

4) Halo 5: Guardians for Xbox 1.

#7633 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5795 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:17 PM

This is like John Carmack/Doom getting mad at Blizzard for adding Deathmatch to Overwatch. STFU nerds.

1035269.png

#7634 miketheplantguy  

miketheplantguy

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

RE: Pubg and fortnite

Man, if only they actually released a game they could have capitalized on it. How the heck do you put out early access on mutiple platforms like that, when that development time could have been spent finishing the game.

I would not be suprised if final version doesn't come out. Or if it ends up being crap

#7635 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1115 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

LOL.

PvP has been around for decades. I'm sure Epic planned a Battle Royal mode early on. The only dig I see at PUBG is that they're making it free and beating them to market on console. Sorry but that's just good business.

6TJRqLz.gif

#7636 kcobra22  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

Our big news is the initial version of Squads coming 9/26 with support for DBNO (down but not out), duos (2 players) and squads (1-4 players). Emphasis is on “initial” as we are optimizing for getting the feature out ASAP and will continue to iterate and polish afterwards. The squads playlist will be enabled on 9/26 and we will monitor population numbers to decide when to enable duos.

#7637 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7135 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:46 PM

I have a question about this weekend (4 days?) Forzathon.  Haven't you been able to three star the same speed zone repeatedly and have it count?  You have to do three, 3 star speed Zones in a specific Lambo.   Found a spot that was easy for me to do this.  Did it like 4 times but only counted once.  Went to another spot and missed 3 stars by like 1 MPH.  But it then gave me credit (via achievement tracker) for my second one.  I then did that location legit 3 stars.  Nothing.   Had to go to another location to get the last one.

Wonder if they changed that on purpose or if I had some weird glitch going on or what.

All I have left is 3 play ground games in a mini.

jimbo8574.pngjimbo8574.png

#7638 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7370 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:50 PM

I'm mainly excited for Fortnight Battle Royale because free and since the others are taking time to get to Xbox lol.

Also Six min whistle, just wanted to say, that I definitely do agree with most of what you said, I said ODST was my least favorite firefight but I still did enjoy it and played a good amount of it, I just liked the later styles a bit more, but it was definitely a lot more challenging at its core without custom modes and such. I enjoyed Reachs a lot, but Reach is my favorite Halo and I just enjoyed everything about that game. H5 Firefight has definitely gotten better. 

659629.png?68329996

I like to stream sometimes! twitch.tv/mociwe

#7639 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9076 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

Our big news is the initial version of Squads coming 9/26 with support for DBNO (down but not out), duos (2 players) and squads (1-4 players). Emphasis is on “initial” as we are optimizing for getting the feature out ASAP and will continue to iterate and polish afterwards. The squads playlist will be enabled on 9/26 and we will monitor population numbers to decide when to enable duos.

I'm looking forward to this but I still think they should just throw in random mutant storms that pop up and keep things interesting or say a balance against turtlers. I was watching a guy turtle for at least 5 minutes and it was so satisfying to see him get cut off when the zone shrunk and he got caught in his own fortifications hahaha.

Also my internet via hotspot is back to normal! F'n finished downloading Saints Row: The Third and Lifelock. Grabbed the Minecraft update and new Minecraft download as well but that's it. I'm saving myself for Forza lol!

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67ecuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.oVbieaO.pngVdThmcK.jpg

#7640 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9076 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:02 PM

The biggest thing out of this is the supersampling for me because I haven't upgraded to a 4K TV setup yet. Supersampling should improve textures, frame rates and automatically kick in before a supported update tweaks things to really take advantage of the X's hardware.

#7641 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

This is like John Carmack/Doom getting mad at Blizzard for adding Deathmatch to Overwatch. STFU nerds.

I disagree. For one, your example has a 20 year gap rather than a few months.

The real issue is that Fortnite was created as a tower defense survival game. PvP was clearly never a focus for development. A more natural fit for a PvP mode would be a ripoff of CastleStorm. Something where two teams build up bases, then lead armies of husks against each other.

Battle Royale, or even Deathmatch, are terrible fits for the gameplay of Fortnite. It's clearly just tacked on and pushed out to feed off the hype of PUBG. It also doesn't help Fortnite, because people will play that lackluster free mode and write the whole rest of the game off, the rest being the systems that the game was actually developed around. Anyone that jumps into Fortnite to wet their appetite while they wait for PUBG are going to jump ship as soon as PUBG launches.

#7642 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5606 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

So I repurchased Dying Light and fired it up and my save is gone! I know the game got the “enhanced edition” patch (sans the DLC). Did that blow away original game saves?

Very annoying because I know the game takes a while to get going and didn’t want to go through that whole apartment building stuff again. That was boring enough to turn me off the game the first time around. But I wanted to give the game another shot.

Anyway, has anyone else lost their game save for Dying Light at some point?

#7643 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   4933 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:21 PM

Your saves are still there - it's just that they're incompatible with the "GOTY" edition of the game. All the Warner Bros.-published games are like that: Batman, Witcher, etc.

#7644 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5606 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:36 PM

Your saves are still there - it's just that they're incompatible with the "GOTY" edition of the game. All the Warner Bros.-published games are like that: Batman, Witcher, etc.

But I didn’t get the GOTY edition. I just got the vanilla version.

#7645 Mega_Douche   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Mega_Douche

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:10 PM

I just bought Dying Light: The Following, and my save was compatible from the Vanilla version.

#7646 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5606 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:13 PM

I just bought Dying Light: The Following, and my save was compatible from the Vanilla version.

You bastard. :(

j/k

#7647 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9076 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:42 PM

The real issue is that Fortnite was created as a tower defense survival game. PvP was clearly never a focus for development. A more natural fit for a PvP mode would be a ripoff of CastleStorm. Something where two teams build up bases, then lead armies of husks against each other.

Battle Royale, or even Deathmatch, are terrible fits for the gameplay of Fortnite. It's clearly just tacked on and pushed out to feed off the hype of PUBG. It also doesn't help Fortnite, because people will play that lackluster free mode and write the whole rest of the game off, the rest being the systems that the game was actually developed around. Anyone that jumps into Fortnite to wet their appetite while they wait for PUBG are going to jump ship as soon as PUBG launches.

Not an issue in my mind. Games in development can you know, develop into whatever they want, as they're not finalized yet. You can't trademark, copyright or patent a game mode.

Platformers became the-new-next-thing when Mario showed the world how it was done. There were a bunch of Tetris, Doom and GTA clones because that's how the gaming industry works (even more blatant in the mobile gaming industry)...

Edited by Spybreak9, 22 September 2017 - 09:44 PM.

#7648 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8306 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:12 PM

It looks like the internet has one less thing to rage about.  The most recent Alpha Ring update removed that pesky fuzzy bar from the lower half of the :xb1: home screen.

#7649 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65488 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:56 PM

Somebody should tell him that he doesn't get to have much of a say about making games based on other people's ideas when he got the idea from a 17 year old Japanese movie.

Fortnite's Battle Royale mode is pretty good, though it still obviously needs some work since it has no stats, progression, character creator, squad support, and some other things to flesh it out a bit. It'll do until PUBG is out, so Brendan should keep working on that since it'll sell just fine whenever they finally get it on consoles.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#7650 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   176 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:55 AM

It looks like the internet has one less thing to rage about. The most recent Alpha Ring update removed that pesky fuzzy bar from the lower half of the :xb1: home screen.

It’s the internet, they’ll be raging about the fact they have one less thing to rage about soon enough.

What should I take on next from the backlog... Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain, Mass Effect Andromeda, or Shadow of Mordor?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold, DwG, GwG, XB1, 360