* * * - - 10 votes

Amazon Prime Day is Live!

#1141 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5597 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:55 PM

Yeah I actually almost bought them but decided against it since I don't really use my current headphones that much. I might pick some up in the future tho. These have surround sound, right?

Yeah, I have some of the original A50's, and yes they offer surround sound.

#1142 GameRTR  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:58 PM

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing this same issue.

I ordered Super Mario Maker 3DS when it was $10 to kickoff Prime Day. Amazon says it was delivered about 50 minutes ago. However, it is not in my mailbox or anywhere outside. Is it possible that they didn't really ship it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

#1143 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5025 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

As far as gaming magazines go, I sold my Nintendo Powers, Next Generation, and some various others probably 12-14 years ago, before my son was born. I still have some misc runs of some mags that had smaller runs, but my only big sets left is a complete Diehard Gamefan, and Gamers Republic sets. Then more recent mags like Retro Gamer and Nintendo Force are complete as well.

I really need to make a spread sheet for all of the books and magazines I have, as my office is full of stacks of publications like some hoarder. LOL I would assume I have maybe thousands of different publications in my house currently, and I have tons of boxes in my garage that I haven't opened since I moved to this home 7 years ago, so yeah, I've got a lot.

How much do you pay for Retro Gamer? I haven't seen any deals for it. What I do is subscribe to the monthly sub on Google Play for $3.99/mo., and you should get the current issue and the upcoming one. Then cancel your sub and renew again after the new issue is out. So you should only end up paying $24 for a year's worth.

I love game mags, but I'm kind of glad Game Informer's the only multiplatform one left now since I don't have space for more. The most recent iteration of GamePro was incredible. I wish they were able to make it work.

#1144 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1424 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:12 PM

I ordered Super Mario Maker 3DS when it was $10 to kickoff Prime Day. Amazon says it was delivered about 50 minutes ago. However, it is not in my mailbox or anywhere outside. Is it possible that they didn't really ship it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Did it ship USPS? I've had them mark things as delivered, only to show up later or the next day. With UPS / Fedex I haven't had any similar problems.

5wugTSx.png

#1145 dorath  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

Did it ship USPS? I've had them mark things as delivered, only to show up later or the next day. With UPS / Fedex I haven't had any similar problems.

Same here.
Turns out my USPS guy will mark things delivered roughly 24 hours before delivery.
I presume it is some tracking metric on his end but now that I know about it, I dont call and tell companies my order was stolen.

#1146 h2dk  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

UPS or FedEx?  If so, check tracking.  They occasionally note where they leave it.  Several years back I ordered a DVD player that was "delivered".  No sign of it, ended up getting a refund.  About six months later I found it in the back yard in one of my patio storage boxes. Went back and checked the tracking, sure enough, it said "backyard in a box".

#1147 willozsy   CAG Hokage CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

willozsy

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:19 PM

OMFG they're shipped!!!Screenshot_20170712-131620_mh1499879869236.jpg

maydayofhighbury.png

#1148 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5597 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

How much do you pay for Retro Gamer? I haven't seen any deals for it. What I do is subscribe to the monthly sub on Google Play for $3.99/mo., and you should get the current issue and the upcoming one. Then cancel your sub and renew again after the new issue is out. So you should only end up paying $24 for a year's worth.

I love game mags, but I'm kind of glad Game Informer's the only multiplatform one left now since I don't have space for more. The most recent iteration of GamePro was incredible. I wish they were able to make it work.

Here's a link to an old thread here, as I've been using the "CLASSIC" code for years to get 13 issues for about $50US. 

https://www.cheapass...gamer-magazine/

Future recently bought Imagine, so you have to go through myfavouritemagazines now, and I don't know if the code still works. I thought I read awhile ago, that they made it active here as well, but I recently renewed before the company changed over, and I still have about 10 issues left on my current subscription, so I haven't tried it again recently.

#1149 GameRTR  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

Thanks to the few that have replied so far. It was via USPS and it says it was left in my mailbox. A key is needed to get inside and I have the only one. It wasn't in there and like I said, wasn't outside of the house either. Maybe it was a case like you said where they marked it delivered ahead of schedule. I've never had that happen before with USPS but maybe that is the case. I'll keep an eye out!

#1150 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1424 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:25 PM

Thanks to the few that have replied so far. It was via USPS and it says it was left in my mailbox. A key is needed to get inside and I have the only one. It wasn't in there and like I said, wasn't outside of the house either. Maybe it was a case like you said where they marked it delivered ahead of schedule. I've never had that happen before with USPS but maybe that is the case. I'll keep an eye out!

I would contact the post office if it doesn't show up by tomorrow. They might be helpful or might tell you it's not their problem and to go to Amazon. Definitely check the mailbox later though :)

The only time I've had Amazon mess up (over hundreds of orders) was they sent me a zumba workout DVD instead of what I ordered. I've never heard of an empty box or them supplying a fake number.

5wugTSx.png

#1151 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5597 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

I have this happen all the time. In a worst case, Amazon will reship whatever was lost, so long as they have stock.

My postman's scanner, can often run low on batteries, so he sometimes scans early, before it dies, and then I'll get packages later in the day when he finally makes it to my area. I've also had an item sent to the wrong route, and instead of the post person scanning it and saying it was on the wrong route, they may can it as delivered, and it will show up the next day. 

Then of course, when my regular postman is out, I just get others delivering stuff to the wrong homes. Sometimes a neighbor will bring it to me, and sometimes not. Amazon will normally wait 1-2 days, but they have replaced every one of my lost orders except where the item was no longer available, which sucks, but it happens.

#1152 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13134 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

OMFG they're shipped!!!

Officially jealous. Already have the Falcon from a PM last Christmas so I'd have sold them and made $250.

Rip.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1153 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

Has anyone mentioned getting a 2 for 1 deal on the $239 xbox one system bundle yesterday?
Because UPS just dropped two of the same bundles off...

I'll have an E please, Bob.

#1154 GameRTR  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:38 PM

Weird thing is, and I just realized this... I had a package delivered from Target this morning. It was originally shipped via UPS but then says on the outside that USPS delivered it so I know they have been here already.

Maybe they just put it in the wrong mailbox. I have no idea.

#1155 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13134 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

Has anyone mentioned getting a 2 for 1 deal on the $239 xbox one system bundle yesterday?
Because UPS just dropped two of the same bundles off...

Belated Prime Day glitch of 2016. :lol:

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1156 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

it's weird. One packing slip is on a letter sized paper, the other one is one of the usual little square guys. Same order number on both, was only charged once.
What do.

#1157 dwo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:25 PM

Can't believe I'm actually getting Crash for $6.60.  It shipped yesterday, and should show up tomorrow.

Would have loved to pickup a couple other games with the glitch, but considering many people missed out I'm not about to complain.

#1158 derrtaysouth95   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1473 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

derrtaysouth95

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

it's weird. One packing slip is on a letter sized paper, the other one is one of the usual little square guys. Same order number on both, was only charged once.
What do.

Morals or profit?

#1159 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   645 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:38 PM

What do.

Now that my friends, is not #fraud.

But if you don't return it you will have failed your illuminati test. They're watching. They want to separate the "help two $50,000,000,000 corporations avoid losing $120-ers" from the non-"help two $50,000,000,000 corporations from losing $120-ers".

#1160 Mostly Human   Turtle Soup CAGiversary!   1174 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Mostly Human

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:45 PM

My $7 Gear fit watches arrived today, and the 25 in giftcards deal. Talk about fast shipping.

Part of the crew, part of the ship.

#1161 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9786 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:05 PM

Come back to when your collection is close to this...

30389607651_cc868bff17_c.jpg

Yes, I'm salty!!!! Wish I could have jumped on of the other UCS sets.

#1162 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:17 PM

Shit, a glitch is a glitch. 

If y'all aren't sending back your legos and games that Amazon screwed up on, then don't expect me to send back this stuff either. 

I'd keep it either way, but I recall someone posting once upon a time that something similar happened to them; they contacted customer support, and was told to just keep the stuff. 

Be right back, going to return the extra stuff to Walmart using the no receipt clause.

(Kidding!)

#1163 knothead65  

knothead65

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

Shit, a glitch is a glitch. 

If y'all aren't sending back your legos and games that Amazon screwed up on, then don't expect me to send back this stuff either. 

I'd keep it either way, but I recall someone posting once upon a time that something similar happened to them; they contacted customer support, and was told to just keep the stuff. 

Be right back, going to return the extra stuff to Walmart using the no receipt clause.

(Kidding!)

Last year I bought a 3 month Xbox Live card from Amazon, they sent a brand new Red 3DS XL instead. There was a sticker on the 3DS box that even said "Xbox Live 3 Month". You don't have to guess what I did. lol

#1164 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3549 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:30 PM

CNN just reported that this Prime Day sales event was the biggest sales day EVER for the company (even beat their Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales last year COMBINED). Wow, and I didnt find any good game sales or anything else I needed.

#1165 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:33 PM

CNN just reported that this Prime Day sales event was the biggest sales day EVER for the company (even beat their Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales last year COMBINED). Wow, and I didnt find any good game sales or anything else I needed.

Because the average person doesn't do any research into pricing or discounting and just buys stuff with a slash through the original price because "Amazon has such great deals!".

It's a horrible sign of how absolutely clueless most people are about handling their own finances.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#1166 Nightcrawler13   Go Stros! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Nightcrawler13

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:36 PM

Same here.
Turns out my USPS guy will mark things delivered roughly 24 hours before delivery.
I presume it is some tracking metric on his end but now that I know about it, I dont call and tell companies my order was stolen.

My mother-n-law is a regional director or something like that for USPS in Arizona.  She was staying with us about a month ago and the same thing happened.  I had 2 packages scanned as delivered and there was nothing to be found.  Her doing what she does, started to look into this and found that was the issue.  The driver scanned the packages the night before and apparently this is a big no no.  When he showed up the next day she informed him of what she does and that she reported his actions.  The dude freaked out and I think he actually lost his job because we now have a different mail carrier.  This is looked on as fraud and a lot of packages are "lost' because of this.  

#1167 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5597 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

Same here, as the only thing I even thought to get was the Putty Squad on the Vita, and I missed the time it started, so I missed that as well. There was a few discounts here an there, but nothing I need to rush and buy.

Because the average person doesn't do any research into pricing or discounting and just buys stuff with a slash through the original price because "Amazon has such great deals!".

It's a horrible sign of how absolutely clueless most people are about handling their own finances.

This exactly^

I used to run a retail warehouse here in town, and our "kids" division buyer used to take the full price tags on items, print new ones with an inflated price, run a red line through them, and then put it back at the original price.

Since most of our business was the tourist crowd, no one was ever the wiser. As most of the items wouldn't be around when people would visit again. So I'm always on the lookout for these same shady practices, and I see them more often than not, especially when you know what to look for.

#1168 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   987 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:04 PM

Prime Day isn't about the games. That's Black Friday. It's about getting everyday goods at great prices. I got some much needed adulting (stuff my parents would buy) items I have been needing. Basically Prime Day is the Black Friday for 30+ (I am one of these) people. 

1. 1 John 1:7,9

But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#1169 derrtaysouth95   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1473 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

derrtaysouth95

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:12 PM

Prime Day isn't about the games. That's Black Friday. It's about getting everyday goods at great prices. I got some much needed adulting (stuff my parents would buy) items I have been needing. Basically Prime Day is the Black Friday for 30+ (I am one of these) people.

Funny way to put it but you have a point.

APD gets people buying stuff because of fear of missing out. You impulse buy and then keep the item because it's too much trouble to return it.

#1170 ck0  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:17 PM

I think us being cheapasses we are more savvy to price trickery.

I had camelcamelcamel open and checked every lightning deal to see actually how much of a savings it is.  (The other two tabs I had open were fakespot and reviewmeta to see if reviews for the item were faked.)

It also opened my eyes when I bought an item months earlier to see it on Prime Day, only $2 dollars less.  I bought a 6 port charger from Anker for $30, and it was a lightning deal for $27.99 with an "original price" of $35.  Not much of a change, but people scooped it up for fear of missing out on a deal.