* * * * - 7 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 10/10: PSVR Anniversary & Devolver Sales! $3.49 Tumble VR, $15 Superhypercube, $30 RE7, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#1411 Fletchncl   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Fletchncl

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:15 PM

Any thoughts on Final Fantasy VII? I haven't played it since it came out on PSX and been wanting to try it again. I heard about the looping music issue but that doesn't bother me much. I've just been waiting for it to go on sale and not sure if I should grab it or not!

#1412 Gc133  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:30 PM

Does Battlefront Ultimate Edition come with all DLC packs?

Yes, it does

#1413 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5576 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:35 PM

Has Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap been on sale yet? Looking for a fun platformer and have wanted it for a while. Debating on just sucking it up and buying it.

Know there may be a flash sale tomorrow but doubt it’ll be i it (of course, if I buy it, it probably will be).

#1414 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

Has Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap been on sale yet? Looking for a fun platformer and have wanted it for a while. Debating on just sucking it up and buying it.

Know there may be a flash sale tomorrow but doubt it’ll be i it (of course, if I buy it, it probably will be).

Its a game that will inevitably be $5 or less at some point. Save your money and your backlog.

#1415 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36055 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:07 PM

Its a game that will inevitably be $5 or less at some point. Save your money and your backlog.

Or even part of a PS+ lineup some month. A lot of PS+ games have been sold by LRG, so maybe the opposite will happen here?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild :3ds: M&L: Superstar Saga :ps4: The Evil Within 2; Nex Machina; Shadow of War :ps3: TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Ys: Memories of Celceta

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Shadow of Mordor GotY (4.25/5 :3ds: Metroid: Samus Returns (4.25/5)

#1416 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

Cool, i can finally turn my notifications back to black from the gaudy white that always looked out of place during a game session.

Everything else....MEH! 

This seems like a piece meal update that couldve happened during the spring, nothing major here that justifies waiting Months for a big update. 

It's a great update if you stream and have a Pro. Otherwise, I agree. 

bearranza.png

#1417 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:20 PM

Has the Dark Souls 3 Season Pass and the Bloodborne Old Hunters DLC ever been on sale before?

I bought the Old Hunters DLC on sale a long time ago but not sure how often it's gone on sale before or since. It's really really good for what it's worth. 

bearranza.png

#1418 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   821 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:20 PM

The notification change to stop interrupting my game of thrones is welcome!

#1419 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   821 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

I bought the Old Hunters DLC on sale a long time ago but not sure how often it's gone on sale before or since. It's really really good for what it's worth.

It was on sale in the NA once I think and that was months ago. We waited a loooong time for that sale. Some of the other regions have been luckier.

#1420 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   4933 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:48 PM

Bard's Tale is out on PS4 and Vita now for $9.99. The Vita page lists the combined size of both versions, which would imply that it's cross-buy title. However, neither of the pages nor any website with info about the game mentions that it has cross-buy. If someone buys it today, can you say if it does come with both versions or not?

#1421 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   975 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:05 PM

If I were to want a sports game to play alongside lengthy RPG's (kinda bored of defaulting to Diablo 3 for this purpose) and I wanted maybe a baseball game, would it be better to grab the cheaper option in MLB The Show 16 or wait for a sale/price drop for 17? 

​I have not played a baseball game since Tecmo Super Baseball on SNES, so roster wouldn't matter much. But if there are significant gameplay/graphics differences between the two that might​ matter a little bit. Also I'll probably only play offline so online population won't matter to me.

​Or I'd be open to other suggestions as well, as long as it doesn't have those cheesy story modes in it like the NBA 2K games. I was interested in those but that sorta ruined it for me. The way they talk you up like you're the next big thing even if you're garbage at playing it...

YMMV but I just picked up the MVP edition for $37 at my local Costco. 

#1422 Cheapskate McGee   Meme Man CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Cheapskate McGee

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

So does a flash sale look pretty possible tomorrow?

#1423 mattmanp  

mattmanp

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

I have two sons so the family account management stuff is great for me. Thank you Sony.

#1424 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

So does a flash sale look pretty possible tomorrow?

I'd say it's 50/50. Good odds.

#1425 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1987 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:40 PM

Agents of Mayhem worth it at $60 bucks?

#1426 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:01 PM

Absolutely not. Possibly if you were a diehard Saints Row fan, but otherwise no.

It will be $20 within 3-4 months (possibly less). Reviews are mostly mediocre to bad.

#1427 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1987 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

Absolutely not. Possibly if you were a diehard Saints Row fan, but otherwise no.

It will be $20 within 3-4 months (possibly less). Reviews are mostly mediocre to bad.

Word

Watched some reviews and they were all over the place.  I worked on the original Saints Row so it holds a special place in my heart hahaha.  I'll prob just wait on it.

#1428 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   920 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:17 PM

Yeah exactly why I've avoided it so long. Lately i am buying my fighters digital so i figure i should grab whatever is on a decent sale. This seems good. Thanks!

The amount and cost of costume DLC available for DOA5 is just laughably ridiculous, but I just ignore it, it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game, which I do like quite a lot.  The only thing you'll be missing, outside of zillions of costumes, is 2 DLC characters, Naotora li and Mai Shiranui.

#1429 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3043 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:41 PM

The amount and cost of costume DLC available for DOA5 is just laughably ridiculous, but I just ignore it, it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game, which I do like quite a lot.  The only thing you'll be missing, outside of zillions of costumes, is 2 DLC characters, Naotora li and Mai Shiranui.

What I find most ironic and laughable of all is that for a game that sells so many costumes/outfits, what most players really wish is to just have naked characters.

#1430 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30401 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

I'm still early in the game but it hasn't blown me away or anything. Kinda dull so far, hope it picks up.

tylerh1701.png 
Twitch: TylerH1701

#1431 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1071 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:52 PM

Finally hitting the backlog and currently playing Uncharted collection. Hard not to think as you play, just how many people Nathan Drake has killed in all his adventures.
XBL Gamertag: MrRidickulous but I sold it so I probably won't be on there anymore.
PSN ID: ijustw1n

I will always be your mom's new boyfriend.

#1432 Ibacai  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:05 PM

Finally hitting the backlog and currently playing Uncharted collection. Hard not to think as you play, just how many people Nathan Drake has killed in all his adventures.

Yeah...but...they all deserve it....😒

#1433 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1071 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:08 PM

Yeah...but...they all deserve it....😒

Because...they had a gun? I shoot a lot of guys in the head who don't even see me. They're probably just sitting there wondering what's for dinner tonight, how they're gonna pay the mortgage and boom, dead.
XBL Gamertag: MrRidickulous but I sold it so I probably won't be on there anymore.

#1434 Ibacai  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

Because...they had a gun? I shoot a lot of guys in the head who don't even see me. They're probably just sitting there wondering what's for dinner tonight, how they're gonna pay the mortgage and boom, dead.

Can't save them all. 'Tis the tragedy of being a henchman.

#1435 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36055 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

Spoiler

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild :3ds: M&L: Superstar Saga :ps4: The Evil Within 2; Nex Machina; Shadow of War :ps3: TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Ys: Memories of Celceta

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Shadow of Mordor GotY (4.25/5 :3ds: Metroid: Samus Returns (4.25/5)

#1436 blueArcana   So glad The Cheat is not dead CAGiversary!   865 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

And how many times he probably should have gotten killed

blueArcana.png

#1437 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65470 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:31 PM

No new deals for today, but here are a couple of new freebies:

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Black Seas" by Arctic Horror - Free for Rock Band Rivals owners

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "You're Breakin' Up" by The Black Cheers - Free for Rock Band Rivals owners

New Releases:

:ps4: The Bard's Tale: Remastered and Resnarkled - $9.99

:vita: The Bard's Tale: Remastered and Resnarkled - $9.99

:ps4: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap + OST bundle - $24.99

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#1438 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1071 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:43 PM

And how many times he probably should have gotten killed

Through chapter 6, I've been shot about 43 times without dying.

#1439 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4135 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:12 PM

Bard's Tale is out on PS4 and Vita now for $9.99. The Vita page lists the combined size of both versions, which would imply that it's cross-buy title. However, neither of the pages nor any website with info about the game mentions that it has cross-buy. If someone buys it today, can you say if it does come with both versions or not?

Does it have the original trilogy included like some other versions do?

#1440 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1071 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:26 AM

But hey, that's fantasy right?
Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS4, Vita, PS3, PlayStation Plus, PSVR, Pre-orders, Games, PSP