* * * * - 7 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 10/10: PSVR Anniversary & Devolver Sales! $3.49 Tumble VR, $15 Superhypercube, $30 RE7, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#2461 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:29 PM

Pretty bunk flash sale, but The Disney Afternoon Collection for $7.99 is a must! 

bearranza.png

#2462 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:33 PM

Woops.  I saw the price and assumed it was the second one!  Sheesh.  I paid $20 for Kiwami 2 at a local retail store months ago.  Wouldn't recommend the first one at that flash sale price then. Sorry for the false alarm.

Oh I think I might have done the same thing, saw 2 listings and assumed they were 1 and 2 but I think one was just vita and the other PS4. But yeah oh well.

Couldn't agree more.. this flash sale looks like a weekly sale.. a bad weekly sale, prices and selection are a joke.

Selection is pretty good for my taste but the prices are real hit and miss. Def gonna buy a few things though.

ZenaxPure.png ZenaxPure.png

#2463 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5576 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:40 PM

Wow, never heard of a multi console owner picking one over the other because of the acoustics of the console itself. Maybe digital foundry has been doing it all wrong all these years and should be comparing the systems decibels.

In all seriousness, do you not play your games with any sound on or crap tv speakers? I mean any budget home theater system or headphones would drown out any noise made by these consoles.. even if I mute the sounds and listen to a podcast I rarely hear the sound from these machines.

Let me give some perspective. I’m deaf in one ear, don’t like wearing headphones and do most of my gaming later at night in a room that is right below my don’s room so using my stereo at that time is not an option .

So, yeah, the loudness of a system most certainly makes a difference for me.

#2464 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   1958 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

Any hot takes on jo jo's ?

How invested are you in the anime?  I loved and played the first 2D JoJo fighter to death.  I even enjoyed the release on the PS3 for what it was.  I couldn't get into this PS4 release.  It was too much like the 3D Naruto fighters.  There just isn't a lot of substance to the actual fighting.  There is plenty of fan service in the campaign, but it didn't do much for me and I gave up on it without getting all the way through. 

848734.png

#2465 RiPPn  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

Let me give some perspective. I’m deaf in one ear, don’t like wearing headphones and do most of my gaming later at night in a room that is right below my don’s room so using my stereo at that time is not an option .

So, yeah, the loudness of a system most certainly makes a difference for me.

Fair enough, but your situation is very unique and you seem to be aware of that.. so not sure why you would post to a message board trying to influence others that they should be taking such a minute difference into consideration when making buying decisions.  Especially when your argument favors the closest competitor to the one the thread is based upon.

723268.png

#2466 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5576 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

Fair enough, but your situation is very unique and you seem to be aware of that.. so not sure why you would post to a message board trying to influence others that they should be taking such a minute difference into consideration when making buying decisions. Especially when your argument favors the closest competitor to the one the thread is based upon.

I don’t think I ever was trying to influence anyone else’s decision. And did you not see where I said I like both systems equally due to the fact that PS4 has much better exclusives?

Why am I even bothering to respond? Everything is just opinion. You don’t like my opinion. That’s fine. Whatever.

#2467 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1154 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:40 PM

tempted by disney afternoon collection, but it seems to be on sale and dropping in price each month

#2468 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

tempted by disney afternoon collection, but it seems to be on sale and dropping in price each month

Personally, I've been jonesing to play the OG Ducktails for like a decade, so I'm jumping on it now. Plus, I really loved the rest of the collection back in my NES days. Maybe it goes down to $4.99 in the future, but I'm okay spending a couple extra bucks now. 

bearranza.png

#2469 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11099 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:13 PM

A good comparison to look at for the pricing trend is probably the earlier released Mega Man Legacy collection compilation that was also released by Capcom. First it was 33% off, then a 50% off coupon via the capcom humble bundle, and then the lowest it has been since 3 separate times is 60% off. So it may go lower in the far future, but probably won't anytime soon.

Guardian_owl.png

#2470 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:32 PM

There's a pretty good price on Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 for anyone interested. $20 for the standalone. $10 for the upgrade from Xrd Rev 1. Well worth it.

#2471 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3076 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

Transformers: WOC  is approaching a reasonable price. These Flash sales always remind me how much I wish Persona Arena was ported to PS4 as well.

#2472 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1071 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:01 PM

Since the latest system software patch has anyone had issues with being locked out of content upon turning on the console? My suspended game is locked as well as others and it says I must buy the license. A full system restart seems to ready everything again but it’s an annoyance.
XBL Gamertag: MrRidickulous but I sold it so I probably won't be on there anymore.
PSN ID: ijustw1n

I will always be your mom's new boyfriend.

#2473 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2318 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:04 PM

There's a pretty good price on Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 for anyone interested. $20 for the standalone. $10 for the upgrade from Xrd Rev 1. Well worth it.

One thing to take note of: Only get the upgrade if you already have the two DLC characters purchased (Kum and Dizzy?) from Rev 1. They're included in the full, standalone Rev 2 but otherwise will cost you $8 each if you choose to upgrade.

NotRic.png

#2474 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65470 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

Any hot takes on jo jo's ?

Damn good with some pizza.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#2475 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:52 PM

One thing to take note of: Only get the upgrade if you already have the two DLC characters purchased (Kum and Dizzy?) from Rev 1. They're included in the full, standalone Rev 2 but otherwise will cost you $8 each if you choose to upgrade.

Good catch. I didn't know that. I've had the characters since launch. So definitely grab that full package unless you really don't care about the DLC characters, even if you have Rev 1.

#2476 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3036 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

:o Flash sale.. I feel giddy.

#2477 Sielanas  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:45 PM

:o Flash sale.. I feel giddy.

Look at the prices, you'll feel better.

191839_b359839b3d00807e.png

#2478 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:12 PM

I don’t think I ever was trying to influence anyone else’s decision. And did you not see where I said I like both systems equally due to the fact that PS4 has much better exclusives?

Why am I even bothering to respond? Everything is just opinion. You don’t like my opinion. That’s fine. Whatever.

You're deaf in one ear...but your PS4 sounds like a freight train? I don't understand.

#2479 ResidentAlien(KM)   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3607 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

ResidentAlien(KM)

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:15 PM

You're deaf in one ear...but your PS4 sounds like a freight train? I don't understand.

He has 2 ears and is only deaf in one, easy to understand. Do you want him to talk slower?

#2480 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5576 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:21 PM

He has 2 ears and is only deaf in one, easy to understand. Do you want him to talk slower?

LOL. Thanks.

Yes, having one ear to hear out of makes anything more amplified in terms of distractions. For instance, I cannot stand to be in a crowded restaurant. Makes it difficult to hear even the people next to me very well.

Anyway, no biggie. I am fortunate that I can at least hear.

#2481 HappySnappy  

HappySnappy

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:22 PM

Since the latest system software patch has anyone had issues with being locked out of content upon turning on the console? My suspended game is locked as well as others and it says I must buy the license. A full system restart seems to ready everything again but it’s an annoyance.

yes, I was playing boosting Friday the 13th and it randomly closed the game and said it was locked

#2482 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:35 PM

A freight train though? You're wack.

#2483 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65470 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:56 PM

Thread is live:

https://www.cheapass...2-shiness-more/

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#2484 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5576 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:03 PM

Edit: Forget it. Not going to argue with ignorant.

#2485 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65470 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:33 PM

Some new deals:

PSVR Korix - $12.99 - 35% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps3: Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel - $8.99 - 70% Off - Ends 9/25

:ps4: Overwatch Game of the Year Edition - $47.99 - 20% Off - $38.99 - 35% Off - Ends 9/29

:vita: Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 9/25

Freebies:

:ps4: Overwatch Free Weekend - Free - Ends 9/25 @ 11:59 PM PT

:ps4: Raiders of the Broken Planet Prologue - Free

:ps4: Tekken 7 - Artist Collaboration Character Panel Set - Free

:ps4: Van Helsing Theme - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: Caveman Warriors - $14.99

:ps4: Caveman Warriors Bundle - $14.99

:ps4: LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game - $59.99

:ps4: Project Cars 2 - $59.99

:ps4: Rise of the Broken Planet Founders Pack - $39.99

:vita: Vostok Inc - $14.99

#2486 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   920 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:15 AM

You're right, you definitely don't want to make too much noise in that scenario, you might end up with a horse head in your bed.  :razz:

#2487 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65470 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:17 AM

The new update for Danger Zone is pretty big:

• PS4 Pro support with 4K checkerboard rendering and 1080p super sampling options.
  • 5 new cars, revised progression with them in mind.
  • Graphical overhaul with the addition of outdoor levels and different times of day.
  • Overhauled explosion system, traffic behaviors, and effect systems.
  • Various performance enhancements

#2488 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5576 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:41 AM

You're right, you definitely don't want to make too much noise in that scenario, you might end up with a horse head in your bed. :razz:

Cute. Didn’t notice that typo. Good catch!

#2489 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:45 AM

Question : I traded in my disc of #DRIVECLUB for the Best Buy promotion for $6.60 and a $10 Forza 7 coupon.  I see that a digital copy of Driveclub (vanilla edition) is $7.49 for PS Plus members.  Is this always the price or is it an active sale price for this week?

Thanks.

tumblr_n5ej2ep1ew1r2bzz4o3_250.gif

itfollows1.gif?w=750

#2490 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36058 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:24 AM

New Releases:

:ps4: Caveman Warriors - $14.99

:ps4: Caveman Warriors Bundle - $14.99

Confused-GIF%5B1%5D.gif

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild :3ds: M&L: Superstar Saga :ps4: The Evil Within 2; Nex Machina; Shadow of War :ps3: TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Ys: Memories of Celceta

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Shadow of Mordor GotY (4.25/5 :3ds: Metroid: Samus Returns (4.25/5)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS4, Vita, PS3, PlayStation Plus, PSVR, Pre-orders, Games, PSP