* * * * - 7 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/17: Early Black Friday Deals! $13.39 Shantae: HGH, $30 GTAV, $5 Livelock, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#4321 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6110 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:56 PM

I just finish trading in my ps4 for $130, what games should I pick up this Thursday with the $50 GC?
I've haven't used my Old Ps4 much till I got MvCI so I don't own any ps4 games really.

Spoiler

So you just traded it in right? The deal with the $50 GC isn’t live yet is it? I ask because I’m interested in doing the deal to get a slim and would love to do it now and not deal with the crowds over the weekend.

Also fear if I trade it in now and not being able to get in on the slim / $50 GC deal.

Edit: NM. You edited your post before I wrote mine.

#4322 Omni99  

Posted Today, 08:01 PM

You should be able to backup your old PS4 to an external drive and then restore it to the new one, thereby allowing you to keep PT. Can someone confirm/deny?

Second confirm. I used an external drive and just backed up the whole thing and put it on the PS4 Pro. Still have PT.

#4323 SlimSkeletor  

SlimSkeletor

Posted Today, 08:02 PM

So you just traded it in right? The deal with the $50 GC isn’t live yet is it? I ask because I’m interested in doing the deal to get a slim and would love to do it now and not deal with the crowds over the weekend.

Also fear if I trade it in now and not being able to get in on the slim / $50 GC deal.

Edit: NM. You edited your post before I wrote mine.

It isn't live yet so how was he able to do this?

#4324 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6110 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:05 PM

It isn't live yet so how was he able to do this?

Think he just traded the console in for $130 and will use that towards the deal when it goes live on Thursday.

#4325 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted Today, 08:09 PM

Think he just traded the console in for $130 and will use that towards the deal when it goes live on Thursday.

Yeah, this is correct.

zNmz5OX.jpg

#4326 SlimSkeletor  

SlimSkeletor

Posted Today, 08:12 PM

I'd do the same except I feel there is a chance this is a conspiracy (lol) by Sony and Gamestop to get people to get excited to about new consoles... and then they sell out really fast due to a low supply.

#4327 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6110 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:14 PM

I'd do the same except I feel there is a chance this is a conspiracy (lol) by Sony and Gamestop to get people to get excited to about new consoles... and then they sell out really fast due to a low supply.

That’s what concerns me as well so I am hesitant to trade it in ahead of time.

#4328 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   1825 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:38 PM

Second confirm. I used an external drive and just backed up the whole thing and put it on the PS4 Pro. Still have PT.

Since you guys are talking about external HDD, ALDI has a Toshiba 1TB External 3.0 Hard Drive as low as $13.99. I recently picked one up for $24.99. YMMV of course.

Lakers for Life!

#4329 SlimSkeletor  

SlimSkeletor

Posted Today, 08:54 PM

Since you guys are talking about external HDD, ALDI has a Toshiba 1TB External 3.0 Hard Drive as low as $13.99. I recently picked one up for $24.99. YMMV of course.

Which city/state?

#4330 SlimSkeletor  

SlimSkeletor

Posted Today, 08:57 PM

That’s what concerns me as well so I am hesitant to trade it in ahead of time.

Yeah then we'd be stuck having to buy new consoles since we traded them in!

#4331 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6110 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:58 PM

Aldi? Wow. Never thought I’d drop a quarter for a shopping cart to grab a hard drive.

#4332 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   1825 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:01 PM

Which city/state?

I got mine from Cerritos, Los Angeles. I saw it on Slickdeals.
Lakers for Life!

#4333 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65690 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Today, 10:09 PM

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5385401

Nioh's $16 with GCU.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#4334 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   1825 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:09 PM

Aldi? Wow. Never thought I’d drop a quarter for a shopping cart to grab a hard drive.

Aldi is a grocery market in the Los Angeles area. Never heard of them until last week.
Lakers for Life!

#4335 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36542 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted Today, 10:35 PM

Aldi is a grocery market in the Los Angeles area. Never heard of them until last week.

Aldi is one of the biggest grocery chains in the world, just in the US they're a bit player in the budget space.

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#4336 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6110 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:39 PM

Oh, I know what it is. That’s why I was joking about putting in a quarter to borrow a shopping cart, which is basically their way of making sure the carts are returned to the proper place if you want your 25 cents back.

#4337 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted Today, 11:03 PM

I just finish trading in my ps4 for $130, what are some must have games should I pick up this Thursday with the $50 GC?
I've haven't used my Old Ps4 much till I got MvCI so I don't own any ps4 games really.

Preferably something I can't get on other consoles.

Spoiler

Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, and Nioh are the big 3 PS exclusives right now, all of which are great

#4338 INCyr   Devotee of CAGthulhu CAGiversary!   1220 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 11:06 PM

Can't recommend HZD highly enough.  GOTY, and one of my top GOAT.  Would possibly recommend, if you can, wait for the complete edition which should be dropping soon, to get the base game and the recently released DLC.  It's worth getting the DLC.