* * * * - 7 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/17: Early Black Friday Deals! $13.39 Shantae: HGH, $30 GTAV, $5 Livelock, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#2401 dkstariob   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:01 PM

Thinking of picking up Return to Arkham.  How is the performance compared to the PS3 versions after Patch 1.02?  Is the lighting still f-d up?  I remember the remasters being more bright and cartoon looking compared to the originals. 

#2402 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36134 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

Thinking of picking up Return to Arkham.  How is the performance compared to the PS3 versions after Patch 1.02?  Is the lighting still f-d up?  I remember the remasters being more bright and cartoon looking compared to the originals. 

I haven't played it myself yet, but I recall reading an Amazon customer review that said reducing the brightness to mid-level or 1/3 (can't remember which) makes the games look much better.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild; Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Shadow of War :ps3: TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Ys: Memories of Celceta

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Blue Reflection (3.75/5 :3ds: M&L: Superstar Saga (4.5/5)

#2403 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65686 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

Some new deals:

:ps4: Paladins - Realm Pack - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 10/4

:ps4: Skyforge - Alchemist Quickplay Pack - $11.04 - 15% Off - $9.09 - 30% Off - Ends 9/26

:ps4: Skyforge - Archer Quickplay Pack - $11.04 - 15% Off - $9.09 - 30% Off - Ends 9/26

:ps4: Skyforge - Gunner Quickplay Pack - $11.04 - 15% Off - $9.09 - 30% Off - Ends 9/26

:ps4: Skyforge - Necromancer Quickplay Pack - $11.04 - 15% Off - $9.09 - 30% Off - Ends 9/26

:ps4: Skyforge - Outlaw Quickplay Pack - $11.04 - 15% Off - $9.09 - 30% Off - Ends 9/26

:ps4: Skyforge - Warlock/Witch Quickplay Pack - $11.04 - 15% Off - $9.09 - 30% Off - Ends 9/26

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#2404 jimmywolf   wolf CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:54 PM

I’m tempted to play FF9 since I never played it but I remember I bought it for PS3 and never even started it. I could also just emulate it. I would’ve been in at 12.99 but I dunno about $17

would watch some vids of gameplay then decided, i enjoyed it back in the day never really play it again since. it had some good story parts that i enjoyed, make sure you save often it does not hold your hand, if you die you can lose hours if you grind an forget to save unless the ps4 version change that. 

Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#2405 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:33 PM

would watch some vids of gameplay then decided, i enjoyed it back in the day never really play it again since. it had some good story parts that i enjoyed, make sure you save often it does not hold your hand, if you die you can lose hours if you grind an forget to save unless the ps4 version change that.

PS4 version has auto-save. I lost 3 hours of progress on the PS1 version due to forgetting to save lol. The game is definitely a love letter to earlier final fantasy games, for better and worse. I enjoyed it and will probably pick this version up eventually. Backlog says wait for a better sale price.

#2406 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2325 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:26 AM

Is my Destiny 2 ps4 pro supposed to be "whisper quiet" when I game? Because it's not as I can hear the fans kick in when playing HZD on my 1080p with boost mode enabled.I wanna say it's not no "ready to take off" loud but it's definitely louder than my xbox1s.Should I exchange it or is this normal?

Edit:after playing 3 hrs of HZD today it sounded like this
Posted Image

#2407 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:42 AM

Is my Destiny 2 ps4 pro supposed to be "whisper quiet" when I game? Because it's not as I can hear the fans kick in when playing HZD on my 1080p with boost mode enabled.I wanna say it's not no "ready to take off" loud but it's definitely louder than my xbox1s.Should I exchange it or is this normal?

My PS4 Pro can get pretty loud also. Pretty sure they all do that. I remember it getting very loud while playing HZD as well.

I thought the Destiny 2 PS4 Pros were white?

itfollows1.gif?w=750

#2408 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65686 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:03 AM

That's normal. It's the cooling system working as intended.

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#2409 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   910 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

PSN store is down right now on Thurs morning @ 3am ... crossing fingers they're testing a major site update (like flash sale?) ... or it could just be a website crash.  Who knows? :D/

Yukon+Cornelius.png
YookonCornelius.png

#2410 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

PSN store is down right now on Thurs morning @ 3am ... crossing fingers they're testing a major site update (like flash sale?) ... or it could just be a website crash. Who knows? :D/

Unless it changed in the last 15 minutes, everything is up and running.

https://status.plays...:support-subnav

#2411 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2325 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

My PS4 Pro can get pretty loud also. Pretty sure they all do that. I remember it getting very loud while playing HZD as well.

I thought the Destiny 2 PS4 Pros were white?

It is white but I just grabbed that video from YouTube for reference to show how it sounds.
Maybe I'm overreacting but if enough people say that's the norm then it probably is.I was expecting it to be silent like my Xbox 1s.
Posted Image

#2412 Omni99  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

My PS4 Pro's fan kicks on when I play Horizon too. System gets pretty hot with that game.

Supposedly the Pro runs cooler than the OG PS4 did though.

#2413 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

You should be fine but just for reference boost mode would have nothing to do with that game or any game for that matter that released after the PS4 Pro came out. It’s only for games released prior to that which didn’t take advantage of the Pro’s new features. I believe prior to October 2016 if memory serves correctly 

I enjoy hoarding acorns, running up trees, and playing in traffic.

#2414 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65686 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:07 PM

Square Enix announced that Nier Automata has reached 2 million units shipped:

SQUARE ENIX® today announced that the worldwide shipments and digital sales of the critically acclaimed NieR:Automata™ have surpassed two million units.

In addition, the NieR:Automata / NIER®: Gestalt & Replicant original soundtrack vinyl box set will be available to pre-order exclusively from the Square Enix Online Store. The box set will be available in December, and will feature four vinyl LPs with a variety of tracks selected by series composer Keiichi Okabe as well as exclusive illustrations from Tokyo Ghoul illustrator Sui Ishida. 

Finally, fans can relive the haunting music with the NieR Music Concert & Talk Live video Blu-ray and theNieR Music Concert: The Memories of Puppets Blu-ray, available for pre-order from the Square Enix Online Store.

Both critics and fans agree that NieR:Automata has a deep, captivating storyline along with a fantastic blend of action-packed gameplay. Developed in collaboration with PlatinumGames Inc. and directed by YOKO TARO, NieR:Automata is available on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and STEAM®.

Currently, the STEAM version is available at a 35% discount until September 25 and available at a 36% discount on the PlayStation®Store until September 27.

#2415 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:50 PM

It is white but I just grabbed that video from YouTube for reference to show how it sounds.
Maybe I'm overreacting but if enough people say that's the norm then it probably is.I was expecting it to be silent like my Xbox 1s.

The Xbox 1’s don’t get loud because they just kind of lay there in missionary style not doing anything special. The ps4 gets loud because it’s doing work.
XBL Gamertag: MrRidickulous but I sold it so I probably won't be on there anymore.
PSN ID: ijustw1n

I will always be your mom's new boyfriend.

#2416 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65686 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:08 PM

Microsoft designed the Xbox Ones like that due to fear of a repeat of the Xbox 360's costly RROD issues, so they put more into cooling and room for the component than it maybe needed as a result.

#2417 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6096 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:34 PM

The Xbox 1’s don’t get loud because they just kind of lay there in missionary style not doing anything special. The ps4 gets loud because it’s doing work.

Seriously? I own both systems and I actually have been buying all of my multi-platform games on X1 because my S is almost completely silent while my original PS4 sounds like a freight train on almost anything other than a less graphically intensive indie game. (Also have more friends on XBL)

The usually minor — if any — graphical differences just aren’t worth it for me. Kind of funny because in the previous gen it was the other way around. My 360 was way louder than the PS3.

That said I still love my PS4 because it absolutely has had better exclusives than X1. Just isn’t much of a comparison TBH.

#2418 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:40 PM

Seriously? I own both systems and I actually have been buying all of my multi-platform games on X1 because my S is almost completely silent while my original PS4 sounds like a freight train on almost anything other than a less graphically intensive indie game. (Also have more friends on XBL)

The usually minor — if any — graphical differences just aren’t worth it for me. Kind of funny because in the previous gen it was the other way around. My 360 was way louder than the PS3.

That said I still love my PS4 because it absolutely has had better exclusives than X1. Just isn’t much of a comparison TBH.

No not seriously but it let you share a piece of yourself. So it was worth it.
XBL Gamertag: MrRidickulous but I sold it so I probably won't be on there anymore.
PSN ID: ijustw1n

I will always be your mom's new boyfriend.

#2419 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6096 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

No not seriously but it let you share a piece of yourself. So it was worth it.

Sorry if I sounded antagonistic. Just in a pissy mood today. But generally speaking, I love my X1 and PS4 about equally just for completely different reasons — not just noise but XBL for multiplayer and Sony for killer exclusives.

#2420 Indiansfan008   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   270 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Indiansfan008

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

Any recommendations for Batman: Arkham VR? It's not much of a deal price in my mind, but given I get most of my PS credit on sale I may be swayed to picking it up if it's good. Also, any feedback on whether it causes motion sickness? I tried Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and didn't last more than 15 minutes before I felt terrible.

#2421 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65686 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:55 PM

Kill a monster each day from 9/22 to 9/24 to get a free Reaper's Harvest lootbox for the start of the next event in ESO:

#2422 .Beowulf  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:58 PM

30% off psn card pcgamesupply

enjoy my friends 

#2423 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

Sorry if I sounded antagonistic. Just in a pissy mood today. But generally speaking, I love my X1 and PS4 about equally just for completely different reasons — not just noise but XBL for multiplayer and Sony for killer exclusives.

You should go back and read his comment. I think the innuendo went over your head the first time lol

I enjoy hoarding acorns, running up trees, and playing in traffic.

#2424 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1473 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:32 PM

30% off psn card pcgamesupply

enjoy my friends 

has anyone here bought from this site before? are they legit? it looks like it's for the $10 code only, so i'm about to buy 30 of them since they accept paypal.

edit: limit one lol

they have the paypal logo on their site but it doesn't show up as an option during checkout. seems shady.

The game sucks? Yeah? OK. Tell me about the achievements/trophies.

#2425 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   930 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

has anyone here bought from this site before? are they legit? it looks like it's for the $10 code only, so i'm about to buy 30 of them since they accept paypal.

I think practically everyone in this thread has bought from them before.  I've bought more than half a dozen times.  And you can't buy 30, it's limit 1.

#2426 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1473 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:46 PM

I think practically everyone in this thread has bought from them before.  I've bought more than half a dozen times.  And you can't buy 30, it's limit 1.

thanks. do promos like this happen often?

The game sucks? Yeah? OK. Tell me about the achievements/trophies.

#2427 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   930 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

It seems to come around once a month or so, sometimes more often.

#2428 Omni99  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:22 PM

Any recommendations for Batman: Arkham VR? It's not much of a deal price in my mind, but given I get most of my PS credit on sale I may be swayed to picking it up if it's good. Also, any feedback on whether it causes motion sickness? I tried Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and didn't last more than 15 minutes before I felt terrible.

I'll give it a solid recommendation. And I'm pretty susceptible to motion sickness, but I didn't get any here. There's a reason this game is up there with most people as one of their top PS VR experiences.

Just make sure you have a lot of room to play. You'll be standing up, needing space, and turning completely around a few times.

#2429 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

My PS4 Pro's fan kicks on when I play Horizon too. System gets pretty hot with that game.

Supposedly the Pro runs cooler than the OG PS4 did though.

Heard my Pro's fan for the first time yesterday playing Titanfall 2. Still more quiet than my launch PS4 though. 

bearranza.png

#2430 .Beowulf  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:28 PM

edit: limit one lol

they have the paypal logo on their site but it doesn't show up as an option during checkout. seems shady.

I've bought and posted the sales well over a year and never had issues

well worth the 3$ savings and the sales are random. Ihave done up to 3-4 in a week and sometimes weeks without any

never had an issue and afaik nobody else has made a case either

just one thing to keep in mind is that it's an international charge, that could matter if you pay fees but many don't