* * * * * 8 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/12: Huge Holiday Sale! $1.49 Marvel PQ, Pinball FX3 DLC, $12 Darkest Dungeon CE, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#4471 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6378 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

Yeah, there’s few things I want but just going to wait until the Flash Sale. Not like they’re going to run out of downloads.

#4472 Royal High Knight   CAG's #1 Knucklehead CAGiversary!   5223 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:49 PM

I started it last night and didn't think it was too bad. I only finished Episode 1 so I don't know how the overall story will compare with TFTB or The Wolf Among Us, but I at least feel compelled to play through the rest of it. One thing I liked was how they handled the "Next Time On" video--rather than show clips from the next episode, characters vaguely refer to things that happened/will happen in an interview-like format.

Telltale really needs to upgrade their engine, though--the occasionally awkward animations and lack of proper lip-syncing are painfully obvious.

Can anyone else who's played Guardians chime in? Im trying to decide between Guardians and Batman season 2. Im prefer Batman but it only has 3 episodes so far and im a bit impatient even with my backlog.

#4473 foxbatkllr   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

foxbatkllr

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:53 PM

Bought Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Telltale - Season Pass & The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - Season Pass for $10 each.

I'm almost done with The Witcher 3 and it's considered one of my favorite games of all-time. Thinking of getting Dragon Age Inquisition as well. Is it any good and worth the play through? I did recall someone here said it's a poorman's version of the Witcher 3 but with a better combat.

Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games of all time but I really liked DA:I.  Taking out the nostalgia, DA:I is the best Dragon Age in the series IMO.  I don't think its a poor man's version of TW3 at all.  They are different games.  DA:I is create your own hero with party based combat.  Yes they are both WRPG's and they both have various choices that can affect the ending but otherwise they aren't that similar.  If you like Bioware games, then DA:I is highly recommended.  If you don't like Bioware games, then don't bother.

SiriusFett.png

#4474 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1153 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:59 PM

Why is the Vita version of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA on sale but not the PS4 version?!?!?

Saw it in the OP and was pissed to see it was just the Vita.

Urghhh!!!

Yea. I also got my hopes up on that one.

itfollows1.gif?w=750

#4475 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1145 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:25 PM

Alright, I need some help.  I have the Vanilla Witcher 3 steel book still in shrink wrap on the shelf. I'm on vacation this week and i'm ready to play it. Should I just get the complete edition to have all the DLC and expansions or buy the individual expansion packs and lose out on the other dlc?

#4476 Glas  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:25 PM

Is battlefield 1 still played with WW2 around? 

I can't decide between Mafia or Horizon

MZ9d2yo.png

#4477 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1380 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

MZ9d2yo.png

Horizon. That's not even a tough choice. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#4478 DRV   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:29 PM

So I'm assuming it's too much to hope for deals on Hellblade, Pyre, and Night in the Woods?

Danreb R. Victorio
Executive Editor, SmashPad
http://www.smashpad.com

#4479 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1153 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:35 PM

MZ9d2yo.png

Ha! Sorry. Just thinking about comparing those games made me laugh. No debate. Horizon for the win

itfollows1.gif?w=750

#4480 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4261 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:37 PM

Having shopped at Aldi a few times, and being an almost daily shopper at Trader Joe's, I can say that there is almost no comparison between the two; Trader Joe's is amazing with many different high quality store brand products, and Aldi has cheap budget garbage. Just my experience, I'm always surprised when the two chains are compared.

I didn't 'compare' them, I said they are sister companies.  Look it up.  They have a very interestng/unique thing going on, which is why they often come up in conversation together.

#4481 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1474 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:38 PM

Wow that really sucks that i have been a ps+ member since day 1 and ps customer for over 10 yrs but i miss the free uncharted anniversary bundle because i got no notifications or email about it. And i was busy this weekend since there was nothing going on with psn besides the bad pre bf week sale.

Wow. I have the platinum trophy for uncharted 4 and 2 and an account showing that i have owned and played through every single game but i am not allowed to download the themes and avatar pack now

👿😢🙀😞

What a stupid way to handle the uncharted anniversary. A random date instead of allowing ps+ members weeklong access or uncharted owners access and a simple notification

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.png

#4482 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65897 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:43 PM

Wow that really sucks that i have been a ps+ member since day 1 and ps customer for over 10 yrs but i miss the free uncharted anniversary bundle because i got no notifications or email about it. And i was busy this weekend since there was nothing going on with psn besides the bad pre bf week sale.

Wow. I have the platinum trophy for uncharted 4 and 2 and an account showing that i have owned and played through every single game but i am not allowed to download the themes and avatar pack now

It pays to keep an eye on this thread or you'll end up like this guy.

The "random date" was the 10th Anniversary of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#4483 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1474 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:46 PM

It pays to keep an eye on this thread or you'll end up like this guy.

i usually do but you gotta admit this was a stupid way to handle the celebration. The shadow of colossus avatars were handled a lot better

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.png

#4484 elessar123  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:51 PM

Alright, I need some help.  I have the Vanilla Witcher 3 steel book still in shrink wrap on the shelf. I'm on vacation this week and i'm ready to play it. Should I just get the complete edition to have all the DLC and expansions or buy the individual expansion packs and lose out on the other dlc?

How did you manage that? I have all three steelbooks, and none of the three were ever shrinkwrapped.

Edit:

1) You don't lose out on the other DLCs?

2) The saves aren't compatible between vanilla and complete.

Spoiler

#4485 elessar123  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:53 PM

Neither. Wait til after December 5 for Horizon.

Spoiler

#4486 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   355 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:54 PM

Well from the looks of this list, the retail stores has the physical version cheaper. The only one I can see that's better digitally os uncharted collection.
"PLAY BEAT PLATINUM"

#4487 foxbatkllr   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

foxbatkllr

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:57 PM

Unless they changed something (I doubt CDPR would) all the other DLC was and should still be free.

https://store.playst...ionship=Add-Ons

SiriusFett.png

#4488 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4157 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:02 AM

MZ9d2yo.png

Neither. Wait til after December 5 for Horizon.

Actually, it might be cheaper to buy Horizon Deluxe + Frozen wilds instead of waiting for the complete edition

Deluxe + Frozen right now is $39.98

Complete will be around $49.99

Deluxe - https://store.playst...ORIZONDIGDELUXE

Frozen - https://store.playst...ZTHEFROZENWILDS

#4489 elessar123  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:04 AM

Actually, it might be cheaper to buy Horizon Deluxe + Frozen wilds instead of waiting for the complete edition
Deluxe + Frozen right now is $39.98
Complete will be around $49.99

Deluxe - https://store.playst...ORIZONDIGDELUXE
Frozen - https://store.playst...ZTHEFROZENWILDS

Not if you buy physical with Prime / GCU

Spoiler

#4490 Glas  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:05 AM

I ended up buying B1, will wait for more discounts on Friday (if any)

My loot so far:

FFXV Digital Premium Edition

Battlefield 1 Revolution

7 Days to Die (I regret this, runs awfully)

Persona 5

And I still have $23.53 left on my PSN wallet

#4491 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4157 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

Not if you buy physical with Prime / GCU

$49.99 X .8 = $39.99 + LOCAL/STATE TAX (6.25% here) making it $42.99

Meaning it is still cheaper on PSN by a single penny before tax, and $3.01 after tax.

#4492 lazyotaku   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:14 AM

Ok. Not sure if it's a glitch or maybe these games were ps plus games and I didn't notice. Nier/Yakuza 0 and DOOM are coming up as purchased but I've never bought these games digitally. Is this happening to anyone else?
Posted Image

#4493 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65897 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:20 AM

Ok. Not sure if it's a glitch or maybe these games were ps plus games and I didn't notice. Nier/Yakuza 0 and DOOM are coming up as purchased but I've never bought these games digitally. Is this happening to anyone else?

You grabbed the demos, right? If you look at the page, do you still see the "Add to Cart" option on each of their pages? If so, you still don't own them since it's just a bug because it's confusing the demo ownership with the game ownership.

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#4494 lazyotaku   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:21 AM

Oh your right frisky it's just the demos.
Posted Image

#4495 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36563 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:24 AM

If it's a steelbook with the game inside of it keep that boy sealed and get the digital complete. All the DLC other than the expansions is free anyway but that's more valuable sealed than opening it and still having to buy the expansions.

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#4496 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7256 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:32 AM

I've never been to either one; I'm still shocked there's a grocery store that charges you to use their shopping carts...

It isn't that common but happens at other stores.  Target near me used to do this but hasn't in a few years.  Shoprite (same mall) does but the one closer to my house does NOT.  Can't think of any other places I have been to that still do this.  Seems a bit more common in city or more populated areas in my limited experience.

We have an Adli's but it is horrible.  Been once don't recall them requiring a quarter to unlock the cart.  You get the quarter back when you return the cart and link it to another one.

jimbo8574.pngjimbo8574.png

#4497 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:32 AM

Can't wait to get a PS4 slim and play the GTA Trilogy. All three games for $21 seems like a good deal. I can also try and play them remote on the Vita when I go somewhere waiting on something.

You're buying a PS4 and you're most excited about playing PS2 games on it?

Also remote play only works if you're on the same wifi network

#4498 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65897 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:33 AM

You're buying a PS4 and you're most excited about playing PS2 games on it?

Also remote play only works if you're on the same wifi network

Remote Play works from any Wifi network.

#4499 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7256 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:42 AM

MZ9d2yo.png

Horizon is better and cheaper.   

jimbo8574.pngjimbo8574.png

#4500 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65897 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:51 AM

Some reminders about certain games on the list:

The Witcher Complete Edition doesn't work with saves from the original game and vice versa, so don't buy that if you're looking to convert physical of the original game to digital.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole includes South Park: The Stick of Truth with it for free until the end of January, so that's an additional free bonus with purchase on PSN or at retail.