* * * * * 8 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/5: IF Sale! $20 Skyrim SE, $30 Fallout 4 GOTY, $10 Perception, $19 SO4, & Seven New PS+ Games!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#4231 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65883 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:23 PM

https://blog.us.play...s-plus-members/

And don’t forget to check back on Tuesday, when our Black Friday Sale opens to the public with even more titles.

In case people need further proof that there will be more games on sale.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#4232 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:25 PM

The reason digital is more expensive is because MS and Sony don't want to compete with box stores. They need them to sell the hardware. The people buying the physical disc are the reason digital cost more. They think they're saving a dollar or two when they're costing gamer billions. They're nothing but underpaid workers for Gamestop and BB. Rant over. Get rid of physical so we can have steam like prices. It's coming whether people like it or not. The faster the more we all save.

Boxes also take inventory space so retailers are like to lower prices to push them out to bring in newn inventory. Digital takes up no space.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#4233 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3219 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:28 PM

The game has a completely different feel. The combat plays like Dark Souls mechanically, and the game overall feels like a true RPG

Plus the Season Pass content sounds really cool. If the Anubis battle event was any indicator, the myths expansion looks like it'll be great!

The melee combat feels a bit like a Souls game but there's no stamina meter so you can mash away while occasionally changing between light, heavy and charged strikes depending on if the enemy has a shield or not and how big it is. Combat is better than the previous games for sure though. I enjoyed my time with Origins and the environments look spectacular but it is a "checklist" kind of game with little to be gained from exploration away from marked places on the map.

Killbomb.png

#4234 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:43 PM

The melee combat feels a bit like a Souls game but there's no stamina meter so you can mash away while occasionally changing between light, heavy and charged strikes depending on if the enemy has a shield or not and how big it is. Combat is better than the previous games for sure though. I enjoyed my time with Origins and the environments look spectacular but it is a "checklist" kind of game with little to be gained from exploration away from marked places on the map.

Exploration is awesome and I don't have to roam around lost like in Zelda BOTW. I like the guided exploration.

#4235 Zbornak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:58 PM

Think we will get a 10% off or 20% code for black friday week like we did last year?

A 20% off code went out last week. I wonder if that means we won't get a code like last yr

Not sure if it would affect the likelihood, but the 20% off codes for the "Day One Digital" promotion go out Tuesday.

Posted Image

#4236 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1214 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

About what I expected for digital copy prices. Just going to use amazon to get the physical games cheaper on black friday. what i really want though is a new 4k hdr tv. I looked into it and the tcl p607 seems to be the best budget tv. It doesn't look like it is going to go on sale though.

DarkLordOmega.png

#4237 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:03 PM

About what I expected for digital copy prices. Just going to use amazon to get the physical games cheaper on black friday. what i really want though is a new 4k hdr tv. I looked into it and the tcl p607 seems to be the best budget tv. It doesn't look like it is going to go on sale though.

It’s normal price is basically a sale price, great set for the money

#4238 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   938 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

Anyone bite on The Mummy Demastered yet? Saw some good reviews for it, but would prefer an opinion from someone on here who would've played it. Price is a little high for me, as well - might hold off until $10 or less. Thoughts?

#4239 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3219 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:18 PM

Exploration is awesome and I don't have to roam around lost like in Zelda BOTW. I like the guided exploration.

To each his own but I had way more fun exploring in BoTW or even a game like Elex because I never knew what I might find around the next corner. Games like AC: Origins are basically running from point A to point B checking things off the list with very few surprises to me. I can get some enjoyment out of "checklist" games but they won't be at the top of my GOTY list.

Killbomb.png

#4240 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:21 PM

To each his own but I had way more fun exploring in BoTW or even a game like Elex because I never knew what I might find around the next corner. Games like AC: Origins are basically running from point A to point B checking things off the list with very few surprises to me. I can get some enjoyment out of "checklist" games but they won't be at the top of my GOTY list.

I'm glad they make games we can both enjoy. I've realized that with the limited time I have for gaming a guided experience is best for me. Glad you enjoyed BoTW. I tried and couldn't. I'm determined to force myself to finish it some day though.

#4241 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1471 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

Hi. Does anyone know when that recent PSN 20% off code from the recent PlayStation Store email expires? I've looked and can't find it.

it expired on the 13th, nov.

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.png

#4242 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:51 PM

I just picked this up the other day and it’s gorgeous.

https://www.bestbuy....BCABEgIZQvD_BwE

itfollows1.gif?w=750

#4243 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30430 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:03 PM

Q-Games is teasing some sort of big announcement for next week:

Should be a new game.

PixelJunk Racers 3rd Lap plz!!!!!!!!!

tylerh1701.png 
Twitch: TylerH1701

#4244 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36563 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:47 PM

PixelJunk Racers 3rd Lap plz!!!!!!!!!

Need more Monsters first!

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#4245 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1488 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:11 PM

The reason digital is more expensive is because MS and Sony don't want to compete with box stores. They need them to sell the hardware. The people buying the physical disc are the reason digital cost more. They think they're saving a dollar or two when they're costing gamer billions. They're nothing but underpaid workers for Gamestop and BB. Rant over. Get rid of physical so we can have steam like prices. It's coming whether people like it or not. The faster the more we all save.

Thanks for fighting for me to lose my job!

#4246 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:37 PM

This may be the stupidest thing I've ever read on this website. Congratulations, take your seat next to Pepsiman.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#4247 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4258 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:02 AM

This may be the stupidest thing I've ever read on this website. Congratulations, take your seat next to Pepsiman.

He's sort of right about the first sentence.   Sony and MS need big box stores to stock consoles, but for big box stores, if they stock consoles they also need to stock games.  the end result is a lot of real estate, and so there is a sort of unspoken pressure on Sony/MS to not undercut physical, since doing so would mean big box stores wouldn't sell as many games, which in turn means they'd offer less real estate, which in turn means they might not be as apt to stock consoles.   It makes sense for Sony/MS to want large console sections full of games in every big box store to make their ecosystem look vibrant, and the only way to ensure that is to not undercut physical the way they could.

It's a complex issue.  I have no idea what the rest of his rant was about, though. 

#4248 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:40 AM

I still don't expect digital to take over until internet gets better anyway. Data caps are an issue for a lot of people but for some of us living in rural areas it's more about raw speed. Like man we pay $60 a month for a 5 mbps download speed and that is a recent thing, was 1.5 mbps at that price until about a year ago. 1.5 is borderline unusable for modern games and it was a absolutely brutal for even the PS3/360 era. 5 is tolerable but it's still like an all day down for a 50 gig game, easier to just buy a disc.

ZenaxPure.png

#4249 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:41 AM

Must have fallen from the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down!!
I enjoy hoarding acorns, running up trees, and playing in traffic.

#4250 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36563 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:31 AM

Remember when this generation was coming around and the publishers kept pushing it with the promise that it would be cheaper because of how darn expensive it is to make those discs? Really showed us with digital being almost universally higher and not following the steady drop of physical because they realized we're all lazy slobs who will buy stuff in the middle of the night without having to be competitive with themselves.

Trade List

#4251 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65883 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:17 AM

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#4252 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:41 AM

I still don't expect digital to take over until internet gets better anyway. Data caps are an issue for a lot of people but for some of us living in rural areas it's more about raw speed. Like man we pay $60 a month for a 5 mbps download speed and that is a recent thing, was 1.5 mbps at that price until about a year ago. 1.5 is borderline unusable for modern games and it was a absolutely brutal for even the PS3/360 era. 5 is tolerable but it's still like an all day down for a 50 gig game, easier to just buy a disc.

Yeah made worse by sony's download speed being slower than what your internet even offers.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#4253 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36563 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:43 AM

Yeah made worse by sony's download speed being slower than what your internet even offers.

Joke's on Sony, my internet's only 10 mbps!

Trade List

#4254 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:53 AM

Remember when this generation was coming around and the publishers kept pushing it with the promise that it would be cheaper because of how darn expensive it is to make those discs? Really showed us with digital being almost universally higher and not following the steady drop of physical because they realized we're all lazy slobs who will buy stuff in the middle of the night without having to be competitive with themselves.

Some digital games drop quicker than physical titles but its just as ymmv as physical is on what goes on sale and what doesn't.  but yeah they certainly have less reason to not have lowered prices even gradually on games they sell at 40-60$

south park stick of truth tales of symphonia ps3 and dungeon travelers 2 were all super cheap digitally at 2$ 4$ and 8$ if I recall correctly.

#4255 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:55 AM

Joke's on Sony, my internet's only 10 mbps!

ha!  What's the average internet download speed anyway?  

I just ran a checker and mine is apparently only 38 mbps.  Though that was via my laptop.  I imagine its faster wired connection wise.  Which is interesting since it is supposed to be 100 since that's what the thingy we are paying for is supposed to be.

#4256 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65883 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:25 PM

https://www.bestbuy....kuId=1050006586

$40 PS+ 12 month sub code from Best Buy.

#4257 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

Where do you people live with these horrible internet plans? Is it the Midwest? I'm guessing it's because there's a lot of competition in NY so therefore I don't deal with this. I hope that it improves for you soon

#4258 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1752 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:40 PM

Boxes also take inventory space so retailers are like to lower prices to push them out to bring in newn inventory. Digital takes up no space.

It takes up HD space - a lot of it. Especially unfortunate for suckers like me, who bought a 500 GB bundle.

#4259 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65883 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:46 PM

It takes up HD space - a lot of it. Especially unfortunate for suckers like me, who bought a 500 GB bundle.

Retail and digital takes up the same amount of space since both have to be installed.

#4260 .Beowulf  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

I'd rather them come with even smaller hard drives and let us save the money and use them on the externals we are all racking up and using anyway

the size of the games and us being hoarders leads straight to big externals anyway, I don't even keep games on internals anymore as it should make it easier if I ever upgrade or need to replace a system