* * * * - 16 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 2/20: PSVR PS+, EA, & Far Cry Sales! $18.74 Superhot VR, $6 Thumper, $5 PvZ Garden Warfare 2, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#2971 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6946 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:05 AM

Currently playing Hob and the frame rate issues are still very much present (playing on a ps4 pro). If you're on the fence right now, wait a little longer.

That’s odd. I’m playing on a regular PS4 and the frame rate issues are pretty much gone from what I can tell. Probably my favorite indie game of the year. Highly recommend it.

#2972 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:44 AM

There are probably two or three years left in this console generation. I'm guessing Sony and other publishers won't have a problem supporting PSVR for the rest of the PS4's life. I'm also guessing Sony will do a PSVR2 on the PS5, but however that goes I think this PSVR will be fine.

The games I'll most likely get from the PSVR sale are Fantastic Contraption, Rez Infinite, and maybe Mortal Blitz. I was thinking of Here They Lie and Don't Knock Twice, but some reviews I saw aren't favorable. I'm not buying anything until I see if there is a discount code this weekend, so I have time to look up these games and the others that are on sale.

#2973 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7328 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:15 AM

I remember Sony saying the same exact thing about the PS Move and 3D gaming...

Don't forget Vita.  Even though Sony did.  

jimbo8574.pngjimbo8574.png

#2974 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:43 AM

anybody playing Amnesia collection?

i love horror games, i really liked Soma which was made by the same people

but about 2 hours into this game i think it's boring as hell and nothing about it is grabbing me, does it get better or scary?

#2975 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:22 AM

but about 2 hours into this game i think it's boring as hell and nothing about it is grabbing me, does it get better or scary?

If you’re playing Machine for Pigs, it’s not by the same developers (made by devs of Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture). It had a pretty poor reception since Dark Descent was so beloved.

#2976 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11118 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:49 AM

By any chance, has anyone played the Holiday Hatoful Boyfriend game?

I wanted to get it for my sister if it was just like the first game.

If she enjoyed the more light-hearted story paths of the first game, then it is more of that. It is not as serious as the final storyline in the first game. It is set in the middle of the time period of the first game during holiday break. So it is less of a sequel and more like a standalone expansion as it's a 4 episode story set on another timeline with no branching choices.

Guardian_owl.png

#2977 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:24 AM

Thoughts on 8 days? Trailer is cool. Is it a blast to play?

I just played a bit of it and it's pretty fun but not what I was expecting really. It is slower and more tactical than I thought it would be. 3 hits and you're dead and there is no extra lives system, instead you get a checkpoint at each screen and have to make it to the next with what HP you have (and healing items are fairly uncommon so far.) Also the game uses a more realistic ammo system where reloading causes you to lose unused bullet in that mag, though ammo is everywhere it seems.

That's single player though, no clue how that stuff works when you are doing co-op. Only played like an hour but I had fun with it, will get back to it eventually.

ZenaxPure.png

#2978 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66364 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#2979 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:37 PM

Im getting the same impression as you thus far. You might be slightly further along though so I can't really help you out with what lies ahead.

#2980 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4373 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:06 PM

Thoughts on 8 days? Trailer is cool. Is it a blast to play?
also one of the rare titles to allow you to choose frame rate on the pro. I opted for 60 fps for my playthrough

It's solid.   I never actually finished it because I got sidetracked by some AAA game that released [I think Uncharted LL], but I remember really liking it.   It's definitely on the hard side, but in a good way.   Lots of branching paths as well - different areas have different exits [some secret, some not].   You don't really know how your decision affects things, so it's kind of like branching paths in oldschool games.   If you watched the trailer and dug it, I'd recommend it.

#2981 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66364 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:24 PM

No new deals that I can see, but there are some new freebies:

PSVR Fishing Master demo

:ps4: Senko no Ronde 2 - Voice Pack - Free

:ps4: The Surge - Fire and Ice Weapon Pack - Free

Some new releases:

:ps4: Arcade Archives NeoGeo Burning Fight - $7.99

:ps4: Arcade Archives NeoGeo Metal Slug X - $7.99

:ps4: Arcade Archives NeoGeo Samurai Shodown II - $7.99

:ps4: Alteric - $4.99

:vita: Alteric - $4.99

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#2982 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3996 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

When are all these Arcade Archives games going to go on sale? $8 each is just a bit too high, but if they knocked them down to around $5, I'd buy a bunch of them.

#2983 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

When are all these Arcade Archives games going to go on sale? $8 each is just a bit too high, but if they knocked them down to around $5, I'd buy a bunch of them.

I don't know why or how these Arcade Archives stay at $8, but let me tell you when they finally have a big sale on them I'm going broke gobbling them up along with you. There's so many I would buy for a few bucks each.

#2984 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1178 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:08 AM

Wow, that sucks man! Have a GoFundMe or anything set up?

A good friend of ours recently started one for us. I feel a little weird posting it here (never been in a situation like his before). But I know how amazing this community can be, and my fiancé keeps telling me to post it. Just feels weird to ask for help like this. But here we go...
(Please let me know if this is against the rules, and I will remove it immediately.)

https://www.gofundme...ire-victim-fund

itfollows1.gif?w=750

#2985 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:42 AM

A good friend of ours recently started one for us. I feel a little weird posting it here (never been in a situation like his before). But I know how amazing this community can be, and my fiancé keeps telling me to post it. Just feels weird to ask for help like this. But here we go...
(Please let me know if this against the rules, and I will remove it immediately.)

A cag with a real life face...weird.

Let's be friends!

XBL Gamertag: MrRidickulous
PSN ID: ijustw1n

#2986 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   380 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:52 AM

Thoughts on titan souls?it is as fun as it sounds like a souls game with titans.

No, it's more like Dark Souls meets top-down A Link to the Past. I loved it.

#2987 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1532 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:43 AM

For VR, the only people i have encountered that think it is gonna disappear have either never tried it or only played with google cardboard once or twice. Everyone I've encountered who has actually gotten to play a game on PSVR/Rift/Vive fell in love with it. Even people who were diehard against it fell in love with it.

#2988 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1532 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:45 AM

I admittedly don't have any data, but the fact that Microsoft seems to be backing away from any implication of gaming for their own headset and seems to be avoiding VR for the most part tells me something. Also, the whole concept and setup is still just too niche for a large company like Sony to continue it long-term. This technology will likely continue to live on PC for several years before it could become anything close to a consumer electronics item that a large corporation wants to produce again. I hope I'm wrong because I don't like to see anything fail that people enjoy, but I'm guessing that PSVR isn't selling any better than the Vita, so once the initial round of development wears off and the newness wears off, Sony will start to sunset it like they're doing with the Vita. This is, of course, unless Sony has some great next gen version that is much more advanced, compact, and wireless that they are planning to introduce that might shake up the industry.

As far as Microsoft goes, Hololens was not designed for gaming in the first place and costs a few grand, no way that'd be feasible for them to try and implement with games to begin with.

As for sales, it's selling way better than they had expected, which is why there were shortages for the first few months.

#2989 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6946 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:22 AM

For VR, the only people i have encountered that think it is gonna disappear have either never tried it or only played with google cardboard once or twice. Everyone I've encountered who has actually gotten to play a game on PSVR/Rift/Vive fell in love with it. Even people who were diehard against it fell in love with it.

It’s one thing to fall in love with it and quite another to be able to afford it. Sure, if it comes down in price, many more will buy it. I don’t think it’s going to disappear. I don’t know for sure if it will be PSVR or something else that comes along, but time will tell. For now, it’ll stay niche.

#2990 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66364 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:17 AM

#2991 mattmanp  

mattmanp

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

(Please let me know if this is against the rules, and I will remove it immediately.)

Not much but I helped. Don’t dox me 😝

#2992 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

I think it's more that people don't think it's worth the cost. I look at it similar to how I look at one of those racing setups for games like Forza and GT. I'm sure it's a fun way to play, but what it's adding isn't worth the cost to have it to many.

#2993 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1178 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:17 PM

Not much but I helped. Don’t dox me

Thankyou so much! Very generous of you. :)

itfollows1.gif?w=750

#2994 mattmanp  

mattmanp

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:48 PM

Thankyou so much! Very generous of you. :)

You’re welcome

#2995 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66364 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

I think it's more that people don't think it's worth the cost. I look at it similar to how I look at one of those racing setups for games like Forza and GT. I'm sure it's a fun way to play, but what it's adding isn't worth the cost to have it to many.

Yeah, but nobody is saying wheels are a fad that will die out soon.

#2996 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:53 PM

Yeah, but nobody is saying wheels are a fad that will die out soon.

I was comparing it to other niche novelty gaming accentuations. Some of them flame out. Others don't.

#2997 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1532 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:24 AM

It’s one thing to fall in love with it and quite another to be able to afford it. Sure, if it comes down in price, many more will buy it. I don’t think it’s going to disappear. I don’t know for sure if it will be PSVR or something else that comes along, but time will tell. For now, it’ll stay niche.

That is true, and it'll probably be a few years before it's affordable for the mainstream. One thing i think will help with it's longevity is how many games/experiences coming out for it are actually good with a lot of effort put into them, and the fact big AAA devs are putting a lot into it too. There are a couple of shovelware titles but nowhere near as bad as some other niche systems/accessories have had.

#2998 Omni99  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:37 AM

That is true, and it'll probably be a few years before it's affordable for the mainstream. One thing i think will help with it's longevity is how many games/experiences coming out for it are actually good with a lot of effort put into them, and the fact big AAA devs are putting a lot into it too. There are a couple of shovelware titles but nowhere near as bad as some other niche systems/accessories have had.

I love mine, but I think the first step towards making this mainstream, aside from the price, is definitely getting it wireless...even if the performance takes a hit. The worst part is the wires.

#2999 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66364 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:12 AM

I love mine, but I think the first step towards making this mainstream, aside from the price, is definitely getting it wireless...even if the performance takes a hit. The worst part is the wires.

You cannot sacrifice performance for anything when it comes to VR, as you'd turn it into a nausea machine at that point.

#3000 Omni99  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:03 AM

You cannot sacrifice performance for anything when it comes to VR, as you'd turn it into a nausea machine at that point.

If you fall below the minimum specs, then yes. But I had the next generation hardware in mind when I said that. If the choice is between a great graphical leap forward and still being wired versus a slight graphical improvement on wireless, they should go wireless.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS4, Vita, PS3, PlayStation Plus, PSVR, Pre-orders, Games, PSP