* * * * - 16 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 2/20: PSVR PS+, EA, & Far Cry Sales! $18.74 Superhot VR, $6 Thumper, $5 PvZ Garden Warfare 2, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#3121 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   812 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:46 AM

Frisky,

Battlefield 1 - Premium Pass - 424.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/24

That's a crazy price. EA must be smoking crack. 😆

#3122 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1306 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:55 AM

Great sale, but still no Bloodborne DLC.

:(

76561197985623817.png

#3123 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:22 AM

Great sale, but still no Bloodborne DLC.

:(

Maybe next week! I am holding out hope. 

Though in that same vein Demon's Souls is only $10 this week for anyone that hasn't played it at this point. Still holds up really well despite them putting out so many similar games in the span of just a few years. 

ZenaxPure.png

#3124 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6955 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:29 AM

I wish Demon’s Souls would get a PS4 port. Still my favorite Souls game.

#3125 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1370 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:42 AM

Frisky,

Battlefield 1 - Premium Pass - 424.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/24

That's a crazy price. EA must be smoking crack.

'Splains the recent closure of Visceral Games. 

#3126 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66377 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:48 AM

OP is updated with the deals. Almost ran out of room.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#3127 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6955 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:14 AM

Picked up Megaton Rainfall because it just looked too cool. And it’s really awesome so far — and I’m just playing without VR. I can imagine it being mind blowing with VR.

#3128 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1532 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:37 AM

Cool. Thumper wasn't in the PSVR sale, but it's in the Halloween sale. I wasn't aware Thumper had any horror elements, but I'll go with it. Now I'm just hoping for Superhot VR in the Black Friday sale.

I made my purchases from the PSVR sale early this morning just in case a Spend $100 promotion started today, but I guess we're not getting one of those this month. I think the Day 1 Digital promotion might takes it's place for this time of the year.

New games I got for PSVR are Thumper, Driveclub VR, Ancient Amuletor, Fantastic Contraption, Rez Infinite, and Mortal Blitz.

For Thumper, in the demo the boss you fight is a giant hellish skull, and the music feels kinda creepy

#3129 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   2949 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:53 AM

Is Silent Hill Book of Memories worth it at 75% off? It's the only Silent Hill I haven't played through. And just completed my Corpse Party collection with Book of Shadows.

#3130 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66377 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:16 AM

Picollo is the voice of the PS4 Pro:

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#3131 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39949 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:30 AM

Is Silent Hill Book of Memories worth it at 75% off? It's the only Silent Hill I haven't played through. And just completed my Corpse Party collection with Book of Shadows.

I enjoyed what I played of it.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#3132 dieselsoccer  

dieselsoccer

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:04 PM

Hey Frisky, since this is a Week 1 sale, but all the deals expire in two weeks, do you think we are getting a new sale next week or the week after?

#3133 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6955 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

Hey Frisky, since this is a Week 1 sale, but all the deals expire in two weeks, do you think we are getting a new sale next week or the week after?

I wondered that as well. I wasn’t sure if maybe the “week 1” was just implying that it would last more than one week as opposed to a second week of new deals.

#3134 hearsaybear   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

hearsaybear

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:36 PM

Finally gonna check out the nonary games. Any recommendations on ps4 versus vita? I'd love to have it portable but not sure if things are squished on that screen or if the performance is worse.

#3135 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66377 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

Star Ocean: The Last Hope remaster is coming to PS4 on 11/28:

Fans can travel back to the mysterious and dangerous worlds of STAR OCEAN - THE LAST HOPE -  4K & Full HD Remaster this fall as the action-packed RPG gets a full HD remaster, to be released digitally on November 28, 2017 for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and STEAM.

Developed in partnership with tri-Ace, STAR OCEAN: THE LAST HOPE takes place at the beginning of the STAR OCEAN series timeline and is a full HD remaster with added 4K support* and PC keyboard, mouse and controller support. The game takes players on an epic journey across the universe in an immersive, intergalactic story of survival where humanity must turn to the stars in search of a new home. Featuring strategic real-time combat, the remastered title also keeps the original deep Item Creation System and Private Action system that explores character relationships and subplots for a richer and more rewarding story, and exhilarating Blindside battle system, which fuses evasion and offense.

The game will be released digitally from the PlayStation Store and STEAM for $20.99. Until December 12th, PlayStation Plus members and STEAM users who purchase the game will receive a 10% discount. Additionally, those who purchase on STEAM before December 12th will receive an exclusive downloadable mini-soundtrack featuring music from the game. Those who purchase from the PlayStation Store before January 8th, will receive an exclusive PlayStation 4 system theme and 12 PlayStation Network avatars featuring the main characters.

#3136 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66377 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:49 PM

I wondered that as well. I wasn’t sure if maybe the “week 1” was just implying that it would last more than one week as opposed to a second week of new deals.

https://blog.us.play...hly-good-games/

Act fast, Sale of the Dead Week 1 will dematerialize October 24 at 8 a.m. PT.

They say there will be more next week and the current deals will also end then, but that's not what all of those games say on PSN. So you should prepare for them to end next week and be replaced and be surprised if they stick around for another week. I put "Week 1" in the title because that's what it literally says on the banners.

There's an interesting bonus for buying anything during the sale:

And if that isn’t enough to scare up the excitement, you will also get 14 days of free live TV through PlayStation Vue with any Sale of the Dead purchase.

The banner on the sale page links to a broken page, so I have no clue of any specifics about the promotion.

#3137 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2053 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

Not Frisky, but wanted to chime in anyway and note we've had Sale of the Dead with separate  week 1 and week 2 deals for years now, so it's more likely than not we will have a true week 2 with new deals.   That said, despite the dates extending beyond the week... I'd lock down whatever you want from this sale before things refresh on Tuesday.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#3138 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3309 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:44 PM

I wonder if they'll change the trophy list since the original is one of the most time consuming Platinums. I liked the game a lot but burned out long before completing everything.

Killbomb.png

#3139 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:49 PM

Finally gonna check out the nonary games. Any recommendations on ps4 versus vita? I'd love to have it portable but not sure if things are squished on that screen or if the performance is worse.

999 was originally on the Nintendo DS. It's unlikely you'll miss anything and it should be fine since the game first came out on a portable. Virtue's Last Reward was out originally on the Vita, so you're A-OK there. I'm unsure how the last game runs.

#3140 hearsaybear   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

hearsaybear

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:51 PM

The collection is just the first two.

#3141 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2512 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:56 PM

Well I picked up Witcher 3 complete edition,Salt and Sanctuary and Surgeon simulator and was thinking about plague road but since it didn't have a platinum I passed.Any other notable titles I may have missed that are worth buying?
Posted Image

#3142 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4373 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:55 PM

Get it on vita.  They are VNs with room escape puzzles so you'll be fine.  I couldn't even imagine playing it on a tv.

Now, I absolutely -despise- VNs but actually enjoyed VLR because of the room escape puzzles.  The story was still meh but at least tried to be interesting.   There is a big branching set of events and you can easily go anywhere on the timeline to fill in all the branches.   You can fast forward through any dialog you've seen before.

I felt like it wasted my time sometimes [oh, let's watch the animation of doors opening some more, please] but overall enjoyed it for the puzzles.    Given I couldn't get through any other VN i've tried, the fact that I can recommend vlr [and plat'd it!] is something.

#3143 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1771 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:57 PM

So, the PS Blog says any purchase during sale of the dead gets you a free extended 14 day PS Vue trial.

Anyone have any details on that? Does it activate automatically? Bought zombie army trilogy and a few others last night, but haven't gotten any notification/info/code/whatever for the Vue promo yet.

#3144 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4373 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

I hope we get that spend $100 deal.  I need to extend my PS+... and if I have to do that, I'll spend the rest on this sale.    But if they don't have that deal, I will spend far less on this sale.   I will hold out.

#3145 Indiansfan008   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   313 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Indiansfan008

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:20 PM

I wonder if they'll change the trophy list since the original is one of the most time consuming Platinums. I liked the game a lot but burned out long before completing everything.

I remember playing on 360 and hating the fact that there were 3 discs. Also, this is a great example of a game you should never buy if you care about achievements / trophies.

#3146 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1283 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:25 PM

anybody play these games?  any thoughts?

manual samuel

vaccine

shadwen

the coma recut

nightmares from the deep

verdun

party hard

lifeless planet

layers of fear DLC

#3147 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4131 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

It especially sucks since a number of trophies are difficulty related and they don't let you switch difficulties stupidly so you have like a minimum of 3 playthroughs right off the bat.

I would like them to fix the freezing glitch for the secret dungeon but I wont hold my breath since they didn't do that for the ps3 port.

Other things that would make the game better would be removing the arena grinding crap.  If you make it to the 2nd rank you shouldn't have to grind each match with every party member plus grinding rank 3-5 repeatedly just to unlock the final arena boss.  Same issue with the team arena.

Make it so you can do item synthesis from the shop menus at least instead of the stupid ship to cut down on backtracking.  Or give the game quick jump like tales of xillia 1.  Ai controls and short cuts options for party members. 

Allow you to assign all 8 attack slots by removing the stupid skill cost system.  Bring back fury spamming from so3 (there seemed to be a bug in game that let you do infinite combos with reimi I encountered. But I was never able to duplicate it) and mp death/other status ailments would be nice.  I miss being able to apply freeze to weapons and then freeze smashing or mp killing enemies.

And give edge more attack skills and skills that flow as well as meracles/reimis did. along with skills for faize and sarah since but use melee weapons but have no physical attack options idiotically.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#3148 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1291 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

So your telling me Tri-Ace/SE can freaking remaster that but cannot release Star Ocean A Second Story on PS4.....like really.....

#3149 shadowneko003   COWABUNGA! CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowneko003

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

Have Guacamelee STCE been any cheaper?

shadowneko003.png

Currently Playing: :ps2: : none :psp: : Final Fantasy VII & Tales of Eternia  :ps3: : Assassin's Creed Liberation :3ds: : Gyakuten Kenji 2

If you buy anything from me, when sending payment, PLEASE include a NOTE with your CAG name! =]

#3150 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66377 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

So, the PS Blog says any purchase during sale of the dead gets you a free extended 14 day PS Vue trial.

Anyone have any details on that? Does it activate automatically? Bought zombie army trilogy and a few others last night, but haven't gotten any notification/info/code/whatever for the Vue promo yet.

I mentioned earlier that there are no details yet.