* * * * - 16 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 2/20: PSVR PS+, EA, & Far Cry Sales! $18.74 Superhot VR, $6 Thumper, $5 PvZ Garden Warfare 2, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#7711 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66359 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

Some new deals:

:ps4: Nom Nom Galaxy - $4.49 - 70% Off - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Trove - All-Pine ArtisTree Pack - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Warframe - 170 Platinum - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 1/17

:ps4: Warframe - 370 Platinum - $12.99 - 35% Off - Ends 1/17

:ps4: Warframe - 1000 Platinum + Rare Mod - $29.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/17

:ps4: Warframe - 2100 Platinum + Dual Rare Mod - $54.99 - 45% Off - Ends 1/17

:ps4: Warframe - 3210 Platinum + Triple Rare Mod - $74.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/17

Freebies:

:ps4: Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Open Beta Test

:ps4: Layers of Fear The Gallery Theme - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: :vita: Energy Invasion - $2.99

PSVR Flipy's Tesla! Let's invent the future! Episode 1 - $3.99

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#7712 Woocls   Grumpy Old Gamer CAGiversary!   1159 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

Some new deals:

:ps4: Nom Nom Galaxy - $4.49 - 70% Off - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Trove - All-Pine ArtisTree Pack - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Warframe - 170 Platinum - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 1/17

:ps4: Warframe - 370 Platinum - $12.99 - 35% Off - Ends 1/17

:ps4: Warframe - 1000 Platinum + Rare Mod - $29.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/17

:ps4: Warframe - 2100 Platinum + Dual Rare Mod - $54.99 - 45% Off - Ends 1/17

:ps4: Warframe - 3210 Platinum + Triple Rare Mod - $74.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/17

Freebies:

:ps4: Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Open Beta Test

:ps4: Layers of Fear The Gallery Theme - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: :vita: Energy Invasion - $2.99

PSVR Flipy's Tesla! Let's invent the future! Episode 1 - $3.99

Nom Nom Galaxy is a blast to play co-op. It's a must have at this price.

#7713 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4373 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:33 PM

If you jump off of the flying fortress you land in the city below............

And you land near a tiny park.   You're stuck in this tiny park unless you do the Doc Oct mission.   If you leave the park, everything is cordoned off and you can only cross the street to enter one building.   This is not a short mission - it's multiple stages [inside and outside, with advanced moves required] and if you don't finish the entire thing, you start out back on the fortress.

I think you guys are misremembering, because in no way does Marvel start out open world.   There are multiple, long, difficult [for younger ones] missions in the way. 

Meawhile, again, Lego CIty undercover just starts you out in open world, like I said.  The first mission in LCU is just 'go to the police station', which  you can avoid doing for as long as you want.

1 mission before you're on the flying fortress, but lol.

Might as well just play Lego World instead of any of the games with stories.

Except you still aren't at the open world after beating the mission with Sandman and getting to the fortress [which isn't a short mission to begin with], as per above.

And this all started because I specifically said Undercover was great for little kids.   Why are you being so damn condescending, especially when you're wrong?    He doesn't care about the story if he can't get to it.

#7714 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   759 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

So for anyone who cares, yesterday, Pqube finally added the one missing White Day Christmas Outfit (for Sung-A Kim) to the store. Unlike all the others Christmas outfits that were added last week, this one is not free ($1.99.) They also added a bundle of all the Christmas Outfits for $9.99. 

So yes, that basically means you can currently get the entire collection of 7 outfits by either paying $9.99 for them all in a bundle, or paying $1.99 for Sung-A Kim and downloading the other six free.  What in the world are they thinking?

Anyway, given this turn of events, and the fact that none of the outfits are free on Steam anymore, I say it's only a matter of time before those Free ones flip to $1.99.  In other words, get them while you can.

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.

#7715 elessar123  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:26 PM

Condescending because I suggested playing a cheaper, sandbox style Lego game over a Lego GTA game? Someone's protective.

Spoiler

#7716 runthejewels  

runthejewels

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:26 AM

Condescending because I suggested playing a cheaper, sandbox style Lego game over a Lego GTA game? Someone's protective.

Moronic because you're doubling down on your stupidity rather than admitting you were wrong.

#7717 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3305 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:29 AM

Meawhile, again, Lego CIty undercover just starts you out in open world, like I said.  The first mission in LCU is just 'go to the police station', which  you can avoid doing for as long as you want.

I might have to give LCU some consideration then the next time it's on sale. I'm pretty bored with the standard Lego formula but LCU appears to mix things up a bit.

Killbomb.png

#7718 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:33 AM

I might have to give LCU some consideration then the next time it's on sale. I'm pretty bored with the standard Lego formula but LCU appears to mix things up a bit.

Yeah none of the lego games I've tried have held my attention for very long but the gta approach of undercover always looked interesting. Just never really got around buying it and trying it out.

ZenaxPure.png

#7719 elessar123  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:46 AM

Moronic because you're doubling down on your stupidity rather than admitting you were wrong.

You know I said nothing between your correction and him calling me condescending, right? But hey, trying to suggest a game that is literally all open world instead of being focused on levels is now a condescending moron. Lesson learned.

Spoiler

#7720 runthejewels  

runthejewels

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:30 AM

You know I said nothing between your correction and him calling me condescending, right? But hey, trying to suggest a game that is literally all open world instead of being focused on levels is now a condescending moron. Lesson learned.

But lol.

#7721 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:50 PM

My Profile > Edit My Profile > 'Ignore' Preferences > Add a new user to my list (make sure to check all three boxes)

The board is so much better this way. I can still see when he's quoted in posts like yours though. So the more people who do this the less anybody will see what pretentious nonsense he posts.

#7722 WonkyToad   CAG-aholic CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:16 PM

Aaaaaaand on another note...

Does anyone know why I am seeing items in the Deals lists on PSN site that are no longer on sale?

They are all marked back up to regular prices.

Been like this for about a week now.

Block freedom to access ANY kind of information and you do just that; Block Freedom!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7723 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1436 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

Aaaaaaand on another note...

Does anyone know why I am seeing items in the Deals lists on PSN site that are no longer on sale?

They are all marked back up to regular prices.

Been like this for about a week now.

You're a moron.

No wait, I kid, I kid.

You mean on the PSN website?  I see that too now in the All Deals section.

Maybe the All Deals code is configured to show all the whole 5 weeks of sales and they didn't set up an auto remove things until after the complete sale is done?

Maybe it's a bug? Maybe it's poor coding? Oh, the choices!

#7724 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6942 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

The webstore has been fucked up for at least few months. Think when they did some update, it has had problems ever since. Sometimes having stuff that isn’t on sale. Sometimes not including things that are on sale. Repeating things when clicking through pages.

The console store seems okay. Just the website.

#7725 runthejewels  

runthejewels

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

My Profile > Edit My Profile > 'Ignore' Preferences > Add a new user to my list (make sure to check all three boxes)

The board is so much better this way. I can still see when he's quoted in posts like yours though. So the more people who do this the less anybody will see what pretentious nonsense he posts.

I guarantee you click on show post whenever I post because you're obviously obsessed with me after I embarrassed you. 😂😂😂

#7726 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5245 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

Got paid yesterday so I decided to grab Ronin, Shadwen, Puzzle Showdown 4K, and Swapquest. I might not be done with the sale since these prices are so low.

#7727 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:58 PM

Every so often I see someone say their PS+ subscription pays for itself with all the extra PS+ discounts. Playstation sent me an e-mail recapping my 2017 activities, and how much I saved with PS+ discounts was one of the stats. It was $120.

#7728 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   982 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

So for anyone who cares, yesterday, Pqube finally added the one missing White Day Christmas Outfit (for Sung-A Kim) to the store. Unlike all the others Christmas outfits that were added last week, this one is not free ($1.99.) They also added a bundle of all the Christmas Outfits for $9.99. 

So yes, that basically means you can currently get the entire collection of 7 outfits by either paying $9.99 for them all in a bundle, or paying $1.99 for Sung-A Kim and downloading the other six free.  What in the world are they thinking?

Anyway, given this turn of events, and the fact that none of the outfits are free on Steam anymore, I say it's only a matter of time before those Free ones flip to $1.99.  In other words, get them while you can.

I didn't even. But still went out grabbed the free stuff. Thanks.

#7729 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4129 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:51 PM

Every so often I see someone say their PS+ subscription pays for itself with all the extra PS+ discounts. Playstation sent me an e-mail recapping my 2017 activities, and how much I saved with PS+ discounts was one of the stats. It was $120.

I never got an email like that.  I typically just buy plus when I know I will save more than 10$

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#7730 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4373 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:21 AM

No, I didn't call you condescending because you suggested something. I called you condescending because you suggested something in a condescending manner, and you were wrong in the first place.

#7731 ianharwood   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

ianharwood

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:25 AM

Someone sell me on Darkest Dungeon. I love turn-based RPGs, roguelikes, and Lovecraft. I'm just a stingy bastard and I need a nudge.

#7732 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   949 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:01 AM

Just got one of those emails too. Pretty cool to see all that stats from the year - from most played (Persona 5) to total trophies earned (519). I played a total of 947 hours (nearly all in mostly SP-based games) - how's that stack up to everyone else on here?

#7733 charlamagne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

charlamagne

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:24 AM

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a Switch. UK retailer Tesco currently has a Switch + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle for £299 which seems like a significant discount (Amazon UK has the Mario Kart bundle for £331.16). Is this a sign similar discounts will be coming in the US soon or should I just buy it? 

Edit: meant to put that in the Nintendo thread

#7734 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   770 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:29 AM

Any recommendations on Frozen Synapse Prime, Furi, Slender, or Spelunker HD?

Posted Image

#7735 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4373 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:35 AM

Yeah none of the lego games I've tried have held my attention for very long but the gta approach of undercover always looked interesting. Just never really got around buying it and trying it out.

My wife and I loved Indiana Jones on ps3, and.... pretty much hated every other one we tried [harry potter, star wars, batman, marvel].

My son loves legos, and but we don't let him game much at all... he's new to everything - how analog sticks, relational movement, camera, etc work, etc. 

My wife loves playing with him, so it's win win.  It definitely has the 'magic' that we just havent felt for a lego game in ages.  It's still very much a lego game [change your 'disguise' to do different things] but it feels very playgroundy.

#7736 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:23 AM

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a Switch. UK retailer Tesco currently has a Switch + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle for £299 which seems like a significant discount (Amazon UK has the Mario Kart bundle for £331.16). Is this a sign similar discounts will be coming in the US soon or should I just buy it?

Edit: meant to put that in the Nintendo thread

Buy it! Make sure you pick up Zelda.

#7737 budarc   Lonely Boy CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:55 AM

Just got one of those emails too. Pretty cool to see all that stats from the year - from most played (Persona 5) to total trophies earned (519). I played a total of 947 hours (nearly all in mostly SP-based games) - how's that stack up to everyone else on here?

2092 Total Trophies Earned
1455 Total Gameplay Hrs

Frightening.

#7738 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:33 AM

2092 Total Trophies Earned
1455 Total Gameplay Hrs

Frightening.

Dang so that’s an average of like 4 hours a day. You are a lucky CAG!

#7739 budarc   Lonely Boy CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:55 AM

Dang so that’s an average of like 4 hours a day. You are a lucky CAG!

I think those might be my lifelong player stats (on and off since I joined in 2009). The email didn't specify it was from 2017 only. Either way, not sure if I should be surprised. I might beat that record this year. ;)

#7740 runthejewels  

runthejewels

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:36 AM

I think those might be my lifelong player stats (on and off since I joined in 2009). The email didn't specify it was from 2017 only. Either way, not sure if I should be surprised. I might beat that record this year. ;)

It's life long, but I assume PS4 only.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS4, Vita, PS3, PlayStation Plus, PSVR, Pre-orders, Games, PSP