* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#6721 Quagmilion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   380 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Quagmilion

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:13 PM

Stories is worth it for $0.79 just for the art and first couple of playthroughs. 

BUT if you want to get the platinum or see all the timelines, you're going to want to shoot yourself. Becomes extraordinarily repetitive. 

#6722 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3093 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

Thanks Frisky!

According to psprices, :vita: Valkyrie Revolution is cheapest it has been. Still too rich for my blood.
The Asian physical release is already dirt cheap. At this price for digital, I might as well just import it.

Amazon has it for $20 or less, has been forever.

Ahh nvm, just saw you said for vita. Forgot the 2nd one was also on vita..

#6723 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1389 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:44 PM

If you’re looking for any input, Stories isn’t that great of a game. It was a free game for PS+ a while back. Gameplay is boring and repetitive. Story is kind of amateurish.

Stories is worth it for $0.79 just for the art and first couple of playthroughs. 

BUT if you want to get the platinum or see all the timelines, you're going to want to shoot yourself. Becomes extraordinarily repetitive. 

Infamous Second Son is a must play. Killzone’s multiplayer was good but the campaign is meh. It was also a launch game so who knows how many people are still playing it.

Thanks CrepeNuts and Quagmilion for the input on Stories, even for $0.74 doesn't seem like it'll be worth it. I like a good challenge, just not one that'll make me crazy. kelo360 I definitely agree about Second Son being a must play. I put Killzone SF on the maybe list for the very reasons you mentioned. I'll pass on it too.

#6724 gd224  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:46 PM

Ended up buying Infamous Second Son so I can eventually get the rest of the trophies and plat the game. May grab NBA Live since it's less than $10.

#6725 namrogr  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:09 PM

Sounds like I enjoyed Stories MUCH more than some people. 

#6726 MachineElf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1128 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:12 PM

Any gift card deals out there to make this sweeter?

#6727 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2681 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:13 PM

Sounds like I enjoyed Stories MUCH more than some people.

It's a great game. I had it in my top twenty of the year for 2016.

#6728 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:24 PM

Frisky, you wrote 4.99 for volume which has vr in it but the vita version is the only one on sale. Ps4 version is still full price

#6729 sherlock2g   Like Whoa! CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

sherlock2g

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

Ended up buying Infamous Second Son so I can eventually get the rest of the trophies and plat the game. May grab NBA Live since it's less than $10.

I might get Second Son too just to finish and platinum the game. I missed out on it when it was free on PS+. 

#6730 frankmackeyspam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   491 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

frankmackeyspam

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:11 PM

Target has buy one PSN card and get a second for 25% off (in store only I think?)

#6731 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70086 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:14 PM

Frisky, you wrote 4.99 for volume which has vr in it but the vita version is the only one on sale. Ps4 version is still full price

It's Cross Buy, so you get both versions either way. Fixed the typo, though.

#6732 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6718 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:15 PM

Bought both Gravity Rush games. I own the first on Vita but didn't play it much. I rather own them physical on PS4 but they are too rare and expensive for me to pass up both for just over $30 digitally.

#6733 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1389 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:17 PM

Okay, made a few changes to the games I want. Willing to give Stories a chance even though I may kick myself for it, lol.

In cart:

Back to the Future: The Game 30th Anniversary Edition

Life is Strange Complete Edition

Infamous Second Son

Infamous First Light

Stories: The Path of Destinies

#6734 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70086 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:19 PM

There were free gift cards out there yesterday, so you just missed it.

#6735 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9807 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:19 PM

Bought Hidden Agenda over BF and was thinking of playing with my family tonight. See that it’s like two hours. Does anyone who has played know if you can save like after an hour or something?

Not sure if my family is capable of sitting for two hours straight for a game. LOL.

#6736 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70086 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:21 PM

Bought Hidden Agenda over BF and was thinking of playing with my family tonight. See that it’s like two hours. Does anyone who has played know if you can save like after an hour or something?

Not sure if my family is capable of sitting for two hours straight for a game. LOL.

Yeah, you can stop whenever you need to. Just make sure everyone downloads the app.

#6737 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:16 AM

All I got for Christmas was the games I bought myself on sale.

Word.

I always assume the game Frisky Business that I see on sale sometimes is just about going through different sales list and correlating everything for ungrateful bastards. 

:lol:

Ah well. I love and hate CheapyD, Frisky, BlackBeard (Gamestop Spreadsheet!), and Bloomy (over on the Microsoft thread) for all their hard work. Hate because their hard work makes it more likely for my money to go from savings to expanding the backlog. :)

Same here. Every time I see one of those massive lists typed up, I get nauseous to my stomach because I know I'm about to spend upwards of $100 on games I may or may not end up playing.

I'm still reviewing the list right now, but thanks for all the work, Friskeroonie! I'm definitely seeing Bloodborne, the Infamous games, Journey, Kona, Layers of Fear, Observer and Oxenfree in my future. Plus another 30 games from the previous lists. God damn it.

#6738 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:33 AM

Just in case someone was thinking of Kingdom Hearts games, 1.5+2.5 Remix and 2.8 Prologue are ~$25 (~$20 w/ GCU) at Best Buy this week. It wasnt in the weekly BBY first post, but mentioned further down the thread.

#6739 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4431 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:35 AM

Thx Frisky. MLB 17 & the Drake Collection for me. Having them digital should keep me from trading them in this time :-)

#6740 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:59 AM

Is it normal to have a US,JPN and EU account? I'm thinking of making a EU account to buy a game or 2 from the psn trade thread.

#6741 blackjaw   probably surfing CAGiversary!   2554 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:06 AM

Thanks for the hard work keeping this updated Frisky

#6742 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1718 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:17 AM

Without spoilers can someone tell me if last guardian is a satisfying conclusion to ico + sotc? Do you get good lore or conclusions at the end of the game regarding the universe or timeline?

#6743 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70086 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:24 AM

Is it normal to have a US,JPN and EU account? I'm thinking of making a EU account to buy a game or 2 from the psn trade thread.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much difference there is on PS4, but the PS3 versions of each store offer some unique games. Hong Kong might be better than Japan since you have a better chance of getting Asian English versions of games that are only in Japan.

#6744 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:32 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure how much difference there is on PS4, but the PS3 versions of each store offer some unique games. Hong Kong might be better than Japan since you have a better chance of getting Asian English versions of games that are only in Japan.

Gotcha and thanks for all the hard work you put in to maintain the thread.

#6745 Jello1996   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Jello1996

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:49 AM

Getting Bloodborne, Battlezone and maybe Gravity Rush Remastered.

#6746 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   463 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:51 AM

Got the entire Uncharted collection digitally! Also Outlast 2 and Dead by Daylight Halloween DLC. Where’s Ratchet & Clank for $8? I’m still regretting now pulling the trigger on that over the summer.

#6747 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   582 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:55 AM

Without spoilers can someone tell me if last guardian is a satisfying conclusion to ico + sotc? Do you get good lore or conclusions at the end of the game regarding the universe or timeline?

I feel like there's a little more story/lore in last guardian than the first 2, but there's no real answers or anything about the world.

#6748 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:30 AM

Thanks CrepeNuts and Quagmilion for the input on Stories, even for $0.74 doesn't seem like it'll be worth it. I like a good challenge, just not one that'll make me crazy. kelo360 I definitely agree about Second Son being a must play. I put Killzone SF on the maybe list for the very reasons you mentioned. I'll pass on it too.

Stories is not a hard game it's just that going after the Plat becomes a boring grind after you've played through the game about 5 or 6 times getting different endings. Each run is less than an hour but there are 25 different endings plus grinding to max out your level and skills. I burned out about halfway through the grind but I still think the game is worth playing especially for such a low price.

#6749 Royal High Knight   CAG's #1 Knucklehead CAGiversary!   5432 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:56 AM

Im shocked to see that no one is talking about Bloodbourne Complete being only $13.49. I hate to be that guy, but is Bloodbourne a decent starting point in the Dark Souls/Demon Souls genre of games? Im looking for something to play on the downside when I get tired of Horizon. Ive wanted to pull the trigger on Bloodbourne before but I question if I have the patience required for a playthrough and the dlc. The same goes for Nioh. 

#6750 NeedleInTheHay   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1122 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

NeedleInTheHay

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:04 AM

Im shocked to see that no one is talking about Bloodbourne Complete being only $13.49. I hate to be that guy, but is Bloodbourne a decent starting point in the Dark Souls/Demon Souls genre of games? Im looking for something to play on the downside when I get tired of Horizon. Ive wanted to pull the trigger on Bloodbourne before but I question if I have the patience required for a playthrough and the dlc. The same goes for Nioh.

I'm decent at games and I played bloodborne for at least six hours, and I still couldn't beat the first boss.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS4, Vita, PS3, PlayStation Plus, PSVR, Pre-orders, Games, PSP